PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NPCs [advice] [3.5]

Roderick_BR
2009-04-25, 03:41 AM
Just need some concept ideas here. I'll throw a one-shot tomorrow, that might turn into a campaing. Current group will start at 6th level, 32 point buy, default wealth-by-level, PHB races, and any book for class/feat, but these guys are far from being otimizers.
They are likely to be a human paladin, human fighter, human or dwarf cleric, and maybe a human or half-orc barbarian.
Yeah, they lack skillmonkeys and batmans.
I'm thinking about doing a villain of the week (that may become their recurring villain), some tough battles, some puzzles in dungeons, the usual, adding many, many small traps to slowly sap out their HP, and maybe some monsters resistant to phisical damage, and weak against magic. They are a bit careful when I DM, tough. They know I use more dangerous stuff than their usual DMs (I used Tomb of Horrors on them once).

What I need here, now, is a small cast of NPCs, to flesh out their starting city. Nothing above 6th level, with exception of a big allied NPC (maybe a wizard or druid, something like 9th level) that will *not* go on adventures with them, and a major villain NPC (9th level or higher). In this one case, I want to avoid wizards or necromancers and repeating a class in the group. Any ideas for some inteligent creature without class levels would be welcome. I want to use majorly monsters, as in, no humanoids (humans, orcs, etc) in this one game.

Don't worry with actual rules, I just need ideas. Thanks in advance.