PDA

View Full Version : [PrC] Temptations of a Shadowy Soul

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 12:18 PM
Demi-Succubus

Perhaps these individuals were once good people, loving, caring and kind...but the taste of darkness corrupts even the best and turns them into hideous monsters. The taste of a succubus' kiss is often the worst, leaving those who survive the experience empty and longing, hoping for just one more experience of the blissful experience. For most, this remains a guilty secret they keep hidden, but a rare few succumb to the lust.

The kiss of a succubus leaves a mark that no magic can ever truly destroy, a seed of darkness ready to sprout at any time. For those who truly desire to feel the bliss of a succubus once more, this seed may flower, slowly transforming the victim into a demonic figure.

Those who find themselves falling prey to the succubus' lusty temptations find themselves undergoing a drastic change of personality. Their libido will often overwhelm them, driving them to undergo terrible acts. As the seed within them grows, so too does their physical form change.

Gradually, they become more and more like demons; their natural hair darkens to a deep shade of black, their eyes grow red and their temper short. And yet, as their affinity with the succubi grows, their lust for it only increases, making it harder and harder to turn down the gift of accepting the darkness.

Eventually, those who wait long enough are almost like true succubi. In a painful transformation they sprout wings and horns, they can emulate many of the abilities of their predecessors and they can no longer truly be considered mortal. They become demons, through and through, and they love every minute of it. It is said to be the worst curse to afflict someone, and yet nearly all those who suffer it believe it to be their greatest gift.

Hit Die
d6

Requirements

Alignment: Any Evil.
Feats: Persuasive, Deceitful.
Skills: Bluff 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Disguise 8 ranks.
Special: Must have had a level drained by a succubus or a demi-succubus.

Class Skills
The demi-succubus' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Int Modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0
|
+0
|
+2
|
+2
|Darkvision 60 ft., Alter Self 1/day

2nd|
+1
|
+0
|
+3
|
+3
|Ablity Bonus (Cha +2), Claws
3rd|
+2
|
+1
|
+3
|
+3
|Detect Thoughts 1/day, Alter Self 2/day

4th|
+3
|
+1
|
+4
|
+4
|Ability Bonus (Int +2), Charm Monster 1/day

5th|
+3
|
+1
|
+4
|
+4
|Detect Thoughts 2/day, Alter Self 3/day

6th|
+4
|
+2
|
+5
|
+5
| Ability Boost (Wis +2), Charm Monster 2/day

7th|
+5
|
+2
|
+5
|
+5
|Detect Thoughts 3/day, Alter Self at will

8th|
+6
|
+2
|
+6
|
+6
|Ability Boost (+2 Cha), Charm Monster 3/day

9th|
+6
|
+3
|
+6
|
+6
| Detect Thoughts at will, Tongues
10th|
+7
|
+3
|
+7
|
+7
|Transformation, Energy Drain, Suggestion[/table]

Class Features

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Demi-succubi gain no proficiency with any weapon or armour.

Darkvision (Ex)
The demi-succubus gains darkvision out to 60 ft. This does not stack with darkvision granted by any other race or class. If she already has such an ability, she uses whichever one's range is higher.

Alter Self (Sp)
The demi-succubus may use Alter Self at any time, as per the spell. This can be used 1/day at 1st level, increasing to 2/day at 3rd level, 3/day at 5th level. At 7th level, this ability can be used at will, as many times per day as she likes. The spell uses her demi-succubus levels as class levels.

Ability Boost (Ex)
At 2nd level, the demi-succubus gains a +2 permanent bonus to charisma. At 4th level, the demi-succubus gains a +2 permanent bonus to intelligence. At 6th level, the demi-succubus gains a +2 permanent bonus to wisdom. At 8th level, the demi-succubus gains another +2 permanent bonus to charisma.

Claws (Ex)
At 2nd level, the demi-succubus' fingers become long and her nails grow powerful and sharp, though still as feminine as ever. These claw-like nails count as natural weapons and the demi-succubus is automatically proficient with them. They count as chaotic and evil weapons for overcoming damage reduction. Small claws deal 1d3 damage, medium claws deal 1d4, large claws deal 1d6.

Detect Thoughts (Sp)
At 3rd level, a demi-succubus may use detect thoughts once per day as per the spell. This increases to 2/day at 5th level, 3/day at 7th level. At 9th level, the demi-succubus may use it at will. The character uses her demi-succubus levels as caster levels for this ability. Saving throws are charisma based.

Charm Monster (Sp)
At 4th level, a demi-succubus may use Charm Monster once per day. This increases to 2/day at 6th level and 3/day at 8th level. The character uses her demi-succubus levels as caster levels for ability. Saving throws are charisma based.

Tongues (Su)
Starting at 9th level, a demi-succubus is under the permanent effect of a Tongues spell. This cannot be dispelled, but it can be supressed by an anti-magic field or similar effect.

Transformation (Su)
At 10th level, the dark temptations fully overwhelm the character, whose full transformation into the succubus is complete. Her type changes to native outsider (though she still counts as humanoid for the purposes of her Alter Self ability) and she gains resistance to acid 5, cold 5 and fire 5, immunity to poison and electricity, damage reduction 5/cold iron or good. She also gains wings and a fly speed equal to her natural land speed with average maneuverability. Demi-succubi who reach the transformation no longer succumb to age, though any age modifiers they have taken still apply.

Energy Drain (Su)
At 10th level, the demi-succubus may now drain energy from mortals she lures into an act of passion, or simply by planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus' kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The DC to remove the negative level is equal to 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier. This ability may only be used once per day.

Suggestion (Sp)
At 10th level, a demi-succubus may make a suggestion as per the spell, once per day. She uses her demi-succubus levels as caster levels. Saving throws are charisma based.

NullAshton
2006-08-15, 12:39 PM
Might want to add something about the type still being humanoid for the alter self ability.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 01:04 PM
Now, I won't deny that I'm a little shaky on the exact precise rules (thus one more reason why I'm posting it here), so some clarification on why such a thing is necessary would be nice.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-15, 01:31 PM
I don't believe it is necessary. Alter self doesn't alter one's type, and the ability states "as the spell". Heck, I'm not sure if even shapechange changes the subject's type. Off to check the SRD...

Edit - Alter Self (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/alterSelf.htm): "You assume the form of a creature of the same type as your normal form." Emphasis mine.

Shapechange does change the type, not that it really matters in this case.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 01:31 PM
That's what I thought, thus my confusion and request for further clarification.

EDIT: Aha, I see the clarification error. The SRD states in particular:

You assume the form of a creature of the same type as your normal form.

Therefore, it should state in the Transformation that the demi-succubus still counts as a humanoid for the purposes of the Alter Self ability.

Magi_Ring_O
2007-02-04, 07:20 PM
Will this work for both genders? I was under the impression that succubi were only female.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-04, 07:25 PM
As far as I know, Succubi can take male or female form and its only their preference, but I could be wrong. Regardless, male succubi exist, they are just referred to as Incubi.

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 10:41 PM
Succubi are female, Incubi are male. Nether can change gender, though they can appear to be a different race.

Mewtarthio
2007-02-04, 11:42 PM
Succubi are female, Incubi are male. Nether can change gender, though they can appear to be a different race.

Now, I'd always heard that incubi and succubi were the same demons, only the name changed depending on which gender they were impersonating.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-05, 12:01 AM
Now, I'd always heard that incubi and succubi were the same demons, only the name changed depending on which gender they were impersonating.

That's what I've always thought/heard as well.

Icewalker
2007-02-05, 02:53 AM
Yes, I believe so.
Does language Infernal or Abyssal really have to be a requirement? Seems like anyone could end up like this, even if they don't understand the langauge of the Succubi. As to the rest of it, I love the class, it would be a great minor villain, or an amazing evil PC, and it looks balanced to me.

Just one question. One of the prerequisites is "Must have had a level drained by a succubus." Of course this is true, it wouldn't make sense without this requirement. But what if they have been drained by a Demi-succubus? can this class spread through the energy drain kiss they get at 10th level?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-05, 11:42 PM
I'll agree on letting the drain of a demi-succubus count for a requirement. It makes no sense as to why it wouldn't, the demi-succubus is practically a succubus at 10th level anyway.

I also agree with the language restriction. It makes sense that someone could fall prey to the curse without being able to talk to demons in their own tongue.

Tussy the Druid
2007-02-06, 05:52 PM
I like the whole concept very much. But why would you have to be evil? A good person could fall under a succubi's charm and then become one.... or maybe something.... I don't know. But i like the class very much.

Fredderf
2007-02-06, 07:00 PM
I like it a lot. I do agree that evil alignment shouldn't be a requirement. Perhaps a different name for the class? not to be picky, but they seem to be more of a succubus thrall than a demi-succubus, at least until their last level.

Mewtarthio
2007-02-06, 08:55 PM
I like it a lot. I do agree that evil alignment shouldn't be a requirement. Perhaps a different name for the class? not to be picky, but they seem to be more of a succubus thrall than a demi-succubus, at least until their last level.

The point is that they fall to the lust for power and become evil. Like a Blackguard or a Tainted Sorceror.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-07, 02:16 AM
The point is that they fall to the lust for power and become evil. Like a Blackguard or a Tainted Sorceror.

You have it in the right.

The point of the class is not that a good person can get these abilities. A good person who begins to fall towards this class will become evil, but until they embrace that evil they will never gain any of its abilities. Blackguard is the closest example that fits, methinks. Remember - not every evil PrC has to start out an evil character.

Perhaps a different name for the class? not to be picky, but they seem to be more of a succubus thrall than a demi-succubus, at least until their last level.

I don't see in any way how they're a thrall. There is nothing at all linking them to the succubus who turned them other than the level drain.