PDA

View Full Version : Kyou II - The Darkness [Recruitment Closed]

Shadowcaller
2009-04-25, 07:59 AM
Kyou II - The Darkness

As a village, Kyou survived Zubera's visit, but there is still a deep scar in the community, people can still remember what happened those few summer days when the face stealer came to town.

Now, a few years after the that tragic event people are starting to die again, there are whispers in the wind, a storm is coming.

And at the hottest day of summer, a band of adventurers arrive at Kyou. Not knowing what horrors lie await in the depths of the seemingly peaceful village...

Inhabitants of Kyou (Villagers)
The Adventures (Masons)
These four persons have very different paths, but yet they stick together, only death will do them apart, if even that. They start knowing each other and every night one of them will be able to use their power, they will take turns with this.

Aegnor (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/aegnor) (Lie Detector): Aegnor's experience as a bard has given him insight into people, allowing him to sense whether they are truthful.
Every time its his turn, Aegnor can PM one statement, claim or phrase made in the game thread during the last day phase or the current night phase to the narrator and see if it was a lie or not.
The narrator answers truthfully if he can, and if he doesn't know the answer, he will indicate that with a response of his choice. NIGHT ACTION.

Cessie Mithar (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/cessie) (Seer): Cessie can every time its her turn, use her "mind probe" spell to see into the mind of one person and thus see thier true identity. If this player is a hostile spirit she will also see if its that players turn or not. NIGHT ACTION

Chelonie or "Hope" (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/hope) (Slayer): Every time its her turn, "Hope" can select a player. If that player is targeted by a night kill "Hope" will sacrifice herself in order to protect that player and with her barbarian rage she will kill one of the attackers too. NIGHT ACTION

Promise (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/promise) (Revealer): Promise have by the advantage of being the only living wolfen in town quite easy to convince others of his innocent. Every time it’s his turn Promise can confirm his role to up to two other players. NIGHT ACTION

Cookiemanjaro/Darnur (Baner): Sadly Ryo, the protecting spirit of Kyou was not able to recover after his death to Zubera's hands, he floated into the deep realms, the spirit graveyard. Now Cookiemanjaro have brought Darnur back to life and possessed him in order to protect the village of Kyou once again from the forces that threatens to destroy it. Every night Cookiemanjaro/Darnur can protect one player from being night-killed. NIGHT ACTION

Simone (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/simone) (Observer): Simone is very good at take notice of things no one else see. Every night she can observe one player to see if they either use some type of night action or if they are being targeted by a night action and what type it is.

Villager of Kyou (Villager): You have seen a lot of strange things in your days, Kyou is a town with a strong connection to the spirits world after all. But now it appears that something from the past has come back to hunt the town again and you must defend it to all cost. There is something evil lurking here...

The Threat (Wolves)
Hostile Spirits
These spirits have heed the mysterious spirit-speakers call and are following her strange schemes to unknown ends. They all start knowing each other at the start of the game and can every night kill one selected player together. Every night one of them will be able to use their power, they will take turns with this.

Yuki-jorō (http://www.obakemono.com/obake/yukionna/) (Revenge): Her name means "snow-prostitute" and she is by far the most murderous of the spirits serving the spirit speaker. Every time its Yuki-jorō turn she can select one player. If a hostile spirit is lynched the following day, that player will die unless it were protected by the baner during that night. NIGHT ACTION

Tengu (http://obakemono.com/obake/tengu/) (Devil): Maybe one of the most powerful spirits. The Tengu is aware of almost everything going on in the village. It can every time its is turn focus on someone to see their true role, if that player happens to be a adventurer it will also see if its that players turn or not. NIGHT ACTION

Amanojaku (http://obakemono.com/obake/amanojaku/) (Controller): Every time its the Amanojaku's turn it can use its suggestive mind powers to change the vote of one player to vote for another player during the day-phase. DAY ACTION

Tanuki (http://obakemono.com/obake/tanuki/) (Kidnapper): The Tanuki can every time it is it's turn kidnap a player at the end of the night phase. The player will remain with the Tanuki for one night phase and one day phase. During this time the player counts as being out of the game and cannot vote, use night actions, have night actions used upon it or be killed in any way. Since this player counts as being out of the game it would for example make the threats lose if the ability was used upon the last threat in the game. This ability can't be used on the same player twice during the game. NIGHT ACTION

Allyria (Day Baner): A mysterious spirit speaker that apparently have made many spirits turn against the inhabitants of Kyou. No one knows her exact identity yet but she like the hostile spirits must be hunted down to restore the peace of the village once again.
If she is targeted by a night kill the hostile spirits will instead learn her role, she can't effect the night-kill unless she is either the last of the threats in the game or have learned the identity of the hostile spirits.
Every night Allyria can protect one player from being lynched the next day phase by controlling the kami of the village. If this ability successfully protects someone from the lynch, the ability can't be used during the next night-phase. NIGHT ACTION

Other Forces (Neutrals)
Arik Mithar (Necromancer/Messenger): Arik is Cessie's brother, and also a lich. He wants to learn the many secrets of Kyou by dissecting them very closely...
When any of Allyria, Cookiemanjaro/Darnur, Griever or Mino dies, Arik will gain their night action. He can still however only use one night action every night.
Arik count as a villager as long Cessie is alive, when she dies Arik will count as a neutral for the threat's victory condition.
Every night Arik may send one message through the narrator to any number of players. NIGHT ACTION

Mino (Voider): Mino is one of the last servants of Zubera since she stole his soul. At the start of the game Mino must select the choosen ones of Zubera and then protect them from Griever and Kuori.
He will select X number of players at the start of the game, depending on the total player base. Mino count as a villager as long as Promise is alive, when he dies Mino will count count as a neutral for the threat's victory condition.
Every night Mino can use the powers Zubera granted him to draw all the energies from a player making them unable to use any night or day actions and will reduce their vote to zero during the next day phase. NIGHT ACTION

Griever (Hunter): Griever is much like Mino forced to serve the very god/oni that killed him so he now serves Kuori.
When Mino has selected the persons he wants to hide Zubera in Griever will get a list of those persons. For the sake of the game Grievers role will be randomly selected after Mino have selected the players he will protect. Griever count as a villager as long as "Hope" is alive, when she dies Griever will count count as a neutral for the threat's victory condition.
Every night Griever can send in this question to the narrator: Is -name- -role-? For example, is Murska a villager? He will get a yes or no answer to this question. NIGHT ACTION

Victory Conditions
The inhabitants of Kyou win once all the threats have been killed or are out of the game.

The threat's wins once their numbers are equal or greater to the villagers currently in the game.

Arik wins once Cookiemanjaro/Darnur, Allyria, Mino and Griever are dead and he is alive at the end of the game

Mino wins if he survives and at least one of the players he selected at the start of the game survives until the end of it.

Griever wins once all the players Mino selected at the start of the game are dead and he is still alive at the end of the game.

Extra Victory Conditions
Aegnor gains a extra victory if both Cessie and himself are alive at the end of the game.

Cessie and Arik gains a extra victory if both of them are alive at the end of the game.

"Hope" gains a extra victory if Grievers victory condition is met at the end of the game, Hope's like Griever's role is randomly selected after Mino has selected the players he is supposed to protect.

Promise gains a extra victory if Mino's victory condition is met at the end of the game.

Allyria gains a extra victory if both Aegnor and she are alive at the end of the game.

Simone gains a extra victory condition if she still is alive once all threats to Kyou have been removed.

Cookiemanjaro/Darnur gains a extra victory if at least half of the players with villager roles have survived to the end of the game.

Either Griever or Mino will gain a extra victory condition if they have completed their victory condition and the other is alive at the end of the game.

The Amanojaku, Yuki-jorō, The Tanuki and the Tengu gains a extra victory if they survive until the end of the game.

Just sign up in this thread, the game starts 4 May in a different thread.

Player List

Murska
Happyturtle
EagleWiz
Fleeing Coward
Kyouhen
Lex-Kat
InaVegt
Aemoh
pondshadow
billtodamax
DD the Cookiemonster
The Bushranger
Banjo1985
Recaiden
Uncle Festy
Kuma Da
Night Surgeon
TwoBitWriter
DarkComet
toasty
Jontom Xire
Mustadio
Bitzeralisis
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Mordokai
Selrahc
deathslayer7
Szilard
Mechafox
evnafets

happyturtle
2009-04-25, 07:55 PM
In. Definitely in.

Murska
2009-04-25, 08:03 PM
In and hoping to be myself. :smallamused:

EagleWiz
2009-04-25, 08:21 PM
In with filler text.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-25, 08:29 PM
Count me in.

Kyouhen
2009-04-25, 08:34 PM
I can't help but feel obligated to join this...

Lex-Kat
2009-04-25, 10:28 PM
In so I can be Chelonie. :smalltongue:

InaVegt
2009-04-25, 10:32 PM
*signs up*

UncleWolf
2009-04-25, 10:55 PM
Warning!: Whoever is given the role of Promise had better play him well. He is my character.

Should you not, I shall haunt you for the rest of your WW career. :smalltongue:

I'd join, but I would not be able to play due to lack of internet over the summer.

Which starts in a little under two weeks.

Aemoh
2009-04-26, 06:01 AM
In, says I.

pondshadow
2009-04-26, 06:35 AM
I'll be in

billtodamax
2009-04-26, 06:43 AM
I'm in, if only so that I can be promise and reveal my role to everyone to annoy wolfbane. On a slightly related note, I lost the game.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-26, 10:06 AM
IN!

Obviously since it has a role which is me/my god.

Whoever plays him better play him well! I hope I get to be me.

I'm RP'ing as him though, if anybody is up for RP.

The Bushranger
2009-04-26, 10:21 AM
Haven't been in a WW since Mafia IX ended...so...I am in! :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2009-04-26, 11:09 AM
Iiiiiinnnnnnn!

Recaiden
2009-04-26, 01:36 PM
I want my ending narration! You said it would be here! That said, I'm in.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-26, 01:41 PM
I want my ending narration! You said it would be here! That said, I'm in.

Its already in the WW-central somewhere. >.>

Edit: Here you go:

Mino was worried about Katsuro, he had begun to show increasingly paranoid tendencies toward all kinds of human companionship.

He himself was beginning to worry, since he had seen the faces of the recently deceased on passing villagers but when he turned around, they were always gone. It was like a disease that had sneaked up on him, and the sorrow he felt for all those that had died under these short days was not making it any better.

He had finally, after a lot of thinking, decided to talk to Katsuro again, since he felt ashamed of leaving him alone for so long, and thus he now stood there in front of the door still unsure if he really wanted to disturb the old man. Suddenly he heard Katsuro’s voice from inside the room: “Come in Mino, I have been expecting you.”

Mino, finding nothing else to do, opened the door and stepped inside the room. Inside sat Katsuro, the elder of the Otorio clan, and in his wrinkled hand he held Tatsumasa, his almost legendary blade that Mino had heard he had used a lot during his young days.

“I’m glad that you are here Mino, I wanted to talk to you before I enter the next world.” Mino felt himself to become cold inside; this was what he had feared all along. “What? What are you talking about?” He tried to sound calm and relaxed but even to himself his voice sounded panicked.

“I have lived a long life Mino,” Katsuro continued seemingly unaware of Mino’s protest, “But these last years I have lived only in fear and dishonor.”
Mino didn’t know what to say, the old man sounded almost sleepy like he had just awakened from a long night of sleep. "He took it into our home, wanting to study it, but it was cursed… cursed!” Katsuro repeated. “But it was it was important for 'our empire's further existence' he said, the fool.”

Katsurou paused for a moment looking directly into Mino’s eyes; he didn’t look like he had slept in days. “Then he died a few days later, died like the villagers in this town has died, without a face,”Mino feared that the old man had gone insane but continued listening to his horrifying story.“And he didn’t die alone. Soon our father and our mother was both dead in the exactly the same way, faceless; leaving me in charge of the family.

And it was only me left; the general without a son, the only thing I had left being my daughter Noriko, the only light left in my dark world. We escaped with a couple of servants whom you have already met to this city…” “Then, what happened to your daughter? Was she… taken?” Mino asked carefully.

At first he didn’t answer and instead just sat there looking down at the floor.
Then he looked at Mino, his grey old eyes was dim now the clearness that had been there a few days ago was all gone. “She was gone when I woke up one morning; I failed to protect her like I had failed to protect everyone else.”

“But I kept my hopes up, I fooled myself that she was alive somewhere, safe from harm… But I have seen her!” he almost screamed out. “I have seen her smiling at me outside my window! It took her Mino, it took her!”
It’s all madness and I must end it! He took the sword in his both hands and before Mino could stop him he had impaled himself with the sword cutting it left-to-right. Katsuro had committed harakiri.

Mino just stood there while the floor became wet with blood with Katsuros blood. Then he simply walked away trying to keep all the sorrow within him, a single tear fell down his face, tears was not enough.

He walked out the main hall trying to keep his emotions under control, this was not supposed to happend, this was not supposed to happend.

Driving his grieving thoughts away Mino could hear voices talking in the main hall; He had a bad feeling about this. There were two voices; one of them he recognized as Yoritomo's but the other was unknown to him, sounding like a small child’s voice. He entered the hall and was met by a disturbing sight, remains of their barricade they had but up some days ago were scattered everywhere and the door stood wide open.

A small girl stood there with a smile on her little face and before her stood Yoritomo alone. Yoritomo stared at the girl like she was his worst nightmare:
“Not another step closer Oni, this place is still protected by the spirits, you will not enter!” The girl suddenly got a sad look on her face. “But I want to be here! I don’t want to be alone!”

Her childish voice was in sharp contrast with her surroundings. Yoritomo took a few steps toward the young girl but suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks like some mysterious force held him at bay. “You… you are Emperor Demonking, why didn’t I see this before?!”
“I’m no demon silly, what’s a demon?” she asked, giggling and caused Yoritomo to retreat back even more.

There was a strong presents in the air something was happening around him like the calm before the storm it dampened all other sound except Yotitomo’s and the small girls voices.

Moments passed, Mino hesitated the other two didn’t seems to have taken notice of him yet, they just starred at each other like they were locked in a battle of minds.

He wanted to step forward he wanted to tell someone that Katsuro just had taken his own life but there was something that held him back.
And then the presence was suddenly gone, whatever what just had happened had brought Yoritomo to his knees, he looked so weak now Mino realized, what had that girl done to him?

Then all hell broke lose, behind the girl something was moring, Mino could see humanoid shapes slowly walking behind her.

One of them steeped into the light, it was hap_hazard but something was wrong with him. He didin’t have a face. Mino screamed in horror as more faceless villagers slowly wandered into the hall.

“Get away from me!” Yoritomo screamed as the faceless horde came against him. Light streamed from his hands, ushering the faceless back. “Having a hard time mister?” the small girl asked quietly, her voice barely heard in the chaos the faceless were making as they tried to overcome the wall of light Yoritomo had created. Mino stood there in shock watching how Yoritomo alone was trying to fight off the faceless villagers.
He knew each one of them, he had talked to them, and some of them had even been his friends.

Now they were nothing but soulless monsters swarming the halls of his home calling Zubera's name with their mouth less faces. Mino felt completely powerless; there was nothing he could do while Yoritomo, the only person that actually could fight the oni was fighting a hopeless battle against the horde of Kyou’s faceless villagers.

But then everything froze, like time itself had suddenly ceased moving. The hordes and the little girl were suddenly stopped, frozen; the only thing that was moving was Yoritomo or rather a glowing presence within him. From inside him a creature that seemed like it was made of pure light appeared, slowly floating toward the terrified Mino who apparently also could move.
As it came closer to Mino felt strangely calm, the dreaded feeling of seeing Katsuro taking his own life and of all these faceless hordes attacking almost leaving him, but only almost.

“Mortal, my time is short, I can no longer hold back these hordes but I will try to buy you enough time to escape.”The glowing thing had no mouth with which to speak but seemed to be able to speak anyway, in a very deep voice. Suddenly an object released itself from the glowing spirit; it was the orb that Katsuro had given Mino that he in turn had given to Yoritomo for safekeeping.

Its blackness was easy to see in the light of the spirit it came from. Suddenly the black object fell into Mino's hands, feeling cold to the touch. “Hurry, I will not be able to hold the timelessness much longer, I’m… fading.” Mino quickly realized that the light of the spirit was getting weaker; it looked smaller now than it had looked mere moments ago.

“Yoritomo… and I… will hold him off. Go! Take the orb and run!” And Mino did, soon he felt time start again and he looked back for one last time to see how the shield of light that Yoritomo had created faded and he was overran.

Mino felt the panic returning and he suddenly realized that he had nowhere to go, they had closed down every exit, spiked every window, the only way out was the main door and he was to terrified to try that exit.

Desperately he tired to open one of the windows but it didn’t budge, he would need something sharp to open it with. Suddenly he got an idea and ran toward Katsuro’s room. He heard someone walking behind him and ran even faster purely driven by fear.

The first thing he noticed as he shut the door to Katsuro’s room behind him was all the blood on the floor.
He was once again faced with the dead body of the old man stretched there on the floor. But there was no time to mourn the dead now; he took the Tatsumasa out of Katsuro's still bleeding stomach trying to think of it as something completely normal to do. But as he held the bloody sword in his hand he realized something, there were no windows in Katsuro's room.

Then the door slowly opened, in the doorway stood the little girl smiling at him and strangely enough it was the most terrifying thing Mino had ever seen. But then the girl’s expression changed, she didn’t smile anymore and looked more afraid then happy.

“Where is dad? He said dad would be here…” “Dad?” Mino said confused and then he realized who this girl was.

“Where is he?” She repeated sounding moments away from crying. Mino was blind struck; was whatever that was playing games with him or *was* this really Noriko, Katsuro’s daughter?

“He… he is dead,” Mino finally answered.
She didn’t respond and instead went further into the room and saw the old man's body lying there on the floor over a large pool of blood. Tears suddenly came running down her cheeks. “Dad… dad!” she somehow managed to say between her ever flowing tears.

Mino was in shock, he wanted to hug the girl, to comfort her but he simply could not, she was connected to the things that had happened out in the main hall, she must be the evil Katsuro had warned him about.

He stepped back not sure where to go, then the sobbing girl suddenly let out a scream and came running toward him still tears running down her cheeks.

Fear took control of him he stepped back into the chamber like a cornered animal, but there was no escape the girl was already in front of him.

As the girl gently touched him he knew it was too late, he was already dead. Mino felt a sudden rush of emotions fill him up, at first he simply thought it was the fear of his impending death but then he realized that is was something else.

Something snapped within him, it was like he felt all his emotions at once, he screamed like a madman, he cried like a baby everything just poured out of him. He felt himself be drawn into something not him, a dark presence within his own mind. He screamed but his mouth won't open, he was trapped inside his own body.

He could feel it, the madness, the creeping that was was a part of his mind, he died but yet he lived he tried to scream again but not even his own mind was listening to the fading part of it that still was Mino.

The girl still cried as Mino collapsed on the floor, he was now as faceless as the rest of the villagers with just disturbing hints of what had once had been a human face.

Suddenly the girl stopped sobbing, instead she started to smile like no normal human could.

Footsteps could be heard soon again, someone was coming toward the hall, it was Griever. He ignored the silently smiling girl and instead seemed to take a closer look at Mino's body, or rather the sword that laid beside it.

Griever bent down and took the sword from Mino’s faceless corpse that still was holding it tight. “What are you doing?” Noriko suddenly asked in a innocently sweet voice. “I’m redeeming myself.” Griever answered and held out Tatsumasa.

The girl looked confused as Griever had a very strange monologue with himself.

“Kuori I gave my body and soul to you, now honor the deal we had and lend me your strength.” “What is this, Kuori?” Noriko wondered with a cold inhuman voice that definitely didn’t belong to the same little girl that had talked a few moments ago, “Can’t you keep your mortal thralls under control?”

But at those words Griever’s face changed into a demonic grin. “You still don’t realize it don’t you Zubera? You’re my prey now.”

And with that Griever charged against Noriko with Tatsumasa in his right arm and with a thrust he impaled the girl’s forehead with it.

Noriko screamed and desperately tried to get the sword out again; strangely enough there was no blood coming from the large hole the sword had made in her head.

While Griever silently watched the screaming girl her face began to change, he could see it shift from the face of Mino to Recaiden, Yspoch, Supagoof, Furushi, Mordokai, Jontom Xire and countless others that Griever didn’t even know the name of.

Her death screams echoed in the hall, sounding like hundreds of people screaming out in agony.

Then she finally collapsed on the floor, Griever stepped forward and kicked the body a few times as to ensure himself that she or rather it was really dead, then he bend down and removed his blade from Noriko’s skull but still no blood came, it was like she was hollow inside. “Is she dead?” Griever asked out loud.

“Dead? That is a really interesting question” Griever answered his own question in a complete different voice "Its gone, but its not dead, we are immortal pet don't you forget that". He paused a moment still smiling like a maniac.

“But I’m growing impatient pet, just give me a new body or I will devour you from within right now” he then commanded himself.

Grievers face changed once again from smiling to a deeply worried expression.

He looked at the body of the dead girl and then at the faceless Mino lying at the floor. “He didn’t deserve to die, none of them did, I- we could have saved so many!” then he started smiling again, “Is that so? Well I figure they are happy now, Zubera have granted them all ethereal life in a way”
Griever chuckled for himself and effortlessly lifted up Mino’s lifeless body “This is your pay for your services dear pet, your very own body!”

A moment passed and suddenly Griever dropped Mino's body like a rag-doll. Another moment and Griever collapses to the floor, trembling like in fever.

Then the once faceless Mino slowly rose up from the floor, smiling the cruel smile that once had been on Grievers lips.
“It is done, you are free to go now pet” Mino said as he slowly walked out of the hall leaving a trembling Griever behind.
But as he is about to exit the hall he turns around and said “Now enjoy your freedom, I'm sure you will enjoy every moment of it", he chuckled like he had just told a funny joke, turned around again and left the hall.

Slowly Griever managed to get up; he is still trembling but at least manages to stand up. He had wanted to stop Zubera, he had wanted to save the villagers he had wanted to end all this madness.

But he had been tricked by his “partner” instead of saving people he had forced Griever to kill them. He had been there when Kuori took their lives, he had been forced to watch as Kuori controlled his hapless body to snap the neck of the old man Darnur, he was watching as Kuori swung the ax that separated Kamen’s head from his body.

All that had taken its tool on Grievers mind, but now as he finally was free he felt all that he had done came back to him, the killing of the priest and the decapitation especially in mind.

Around him the bodies of Katsuro and his daughter laid and within this house dozens of faceless villagers laid dead. Griever looken down at the place were Mino’s body once had laid and noticed something.
The black orb, the thing that had brought Zubera here, the thing that had caused all this.
“So many life's for such a small thing” Griever said to himself as he picked up the black orb from the floor.

It felt cold to touch, but he didn't think of that much since his life was over anyway. He sat down and meditated letting the orb fall into the sleeve of his robe. He had lived a dishonorable life, but he had always managed to free himself of thoughts of harakiri.

But as the memories of the crimes he had committed slowly came back to him could could only feel shame.

He had allowed his fear of death to let Kuori posses him, he had allowed the Oni to use his body to kill a priest and many others, he had not even managed to save anyone, he lifted the blade and put the edge against his stomach, he hesitated.

Then he let himself go into the darkness.

Recaiden
2009-04-26, 02:56 PM
Thank you. It all makes sense now.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-26, 03:25 PM
Sure why not. In.

Kuma Da
2009-04-27, 07:59 PM
In, but hopefully just as a villager. Never played werewolf before. I'm also not familiar with the setting for this game, so it should make for an interesting experience.:smalltongue:

Fan
2009-04-27, 08:10 PM
In, as I seem to be suffering from asplodey lynch disorder.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-29, 05:20 AM
Right... I'm supposed to add that the game starts 4 May (and that I need 28 players by then >.>).

Edit: And also, this is NOT a paranoia game like last time..

happyturtle
2009-04-29, 06:42 PM
Need ten more players. Come on! :smallsmile:

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-29, 06:52 PM
I'm totally in. Sorry I missed this!

Darkcomet
2009-04-29, 07:37 PM
...Fine, I'll give these one last chance. In.

toasty
2009-04-29, 11:06 PM
Need another game now. I'm in.

No clue what the setting is but the characters all sound really interesting.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-30, 02:39 AM
In, after I got knocked out so early last time :(

Mustiado
2009-04-30, 04:48 PM
Oh fine. In.

Bitzeralisis
2009-04-30, 10:17 PM
In in in. Random filler stuff!

Shadowcaller
2009-05-01, 07:01 PM
So, I still need 5 more players to monday if anyone is intrested...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-01, 11:57 PM
*tries to get Atreyu to play*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-05-01, 11:57 PM
Let me in, let me in!!!

Shadowcaller
2009-05-02, 10:21 AM
Aegnor (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/aegnor) (Lie Detector): Aegnor's experience as a bard has given him insight into people, allowing him to sense whether they are truthful. Aegnors vote counts twice. Every time its his turn, Aegnor can PM one statement, claim or phrase made in the game thread to the narrator and see if it was a lie or not.
The narrator answers truthfully if he can, and if he doesn't know the answer, he will indicate that with a response of his choice. NIGHT ACTION.

Anyone can see any fatal flaws with this role?

Darkcomet
2009-05-02, 10:27 AM
I find it extremely ironic.

I mean, Murska being an anti-Murska role... :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 10:33 AM
It does mean a wolf saying 'I'm on Team Good' is taking a risk. Hmm, it's almost like adding another seer. Might want to be careful.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-02, 10:36 AM
It does mean a wolf saying 'I'm on Team Good' is taking a risk. Hmm, it's almost like adding another seer. Might want to be careful.

Well, he won't be able to use this power every night, its still turn based and I could limit it to last day phase...

Trixie
2009-05-02, 10:46 AM
What anti-Murska role? :smallconfused:

Darkcomet
2009-05-02, 10:51 AM
What anti-Murska role? :smallconfused:

Aegnor=Murska

Aegnor=lie detector role

Murska=notorious liar

Thus, Murska is an anti-Murska role.

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 10:55 AM
To be more specific, Shadowcaller, Murska, Wolfbane, and I have been roleplaying these roles in msn for several months.

SC = Cessie
Murska = Aegnor
Wolfbane = Promise
Happyturtle = Hope and Simone

Some of the other roles are based on Kyou I, like Cookiemanjaro and Griever.

Murska
2009-05-02, 10:55 AM
Aegnor=Murska

Aegnor=lie detector role

Murska=notorious liar

Thus, Murska is an anti-Murska role.

You completely forgot 'hypnotist/smooth-talker(depending on who you ask), conman and a backstabbing traitor' from what I am.

Mordokai
2009-05-02, 11:10 AM
Lets see what comes of this. I'll join.

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 04:43 PM
Three more players needed. Come on! :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-05-02, 05:04 PM
I'll see if I can pull a few strings.

Selrahc
2009-05-02, 05:09 PM
I shall join up then.

Uncle Festy
2009-05-02, 08:14 PM
Aegnor (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/aegnor) (Lie Detector): Aegnor's experience as a bard has given him insight into people, allowing him to sense whether they are truthful. Aegnors vote counts twice. Every time its his turn, Aegnor can PM one statement, claim or phrase made in the game thread to the narrator and see if it was a lie or not.

No. This is another seer. At the beginning of the game, if the town has ANY idea what it's doing, they'll start off by saying "I'm on Team Good," or "I'm a Neutral." Then, Aegnor and Cessie scry two players and, assuming they're cleared, Promise confirms his role to them and expands the Mason group by 2 every 4 turns.
I don't think it's broken, as it's already half as often as a regular seer, but it's… worrying, to say the least. :-/

Shadowcaller
2009-05-02, 08:22 PM
No. This is another seer. At the beginning of the game, if the town has ANY idea what it's doing, they'll start off by saying "I'm on Team Good," or "I'm a Neutral." Then, Aegnor and Cessie scry two players and, assuming they're cleared, Promise confirms his role to them and expands the Mason group by 2 every 4 turns.
I don't think it's broken, as it's already half as often as a regular seer, but it's… worrying, to say the least. :-/

Well, they can't use this action every night, they take turns with these actions, so the masons need to tell everyone when its Aegnors turn, then they need to do all this.

Of course, they could claim this every day/night...

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 08:25 PM
How about he can check the truth of any statement other than a roleclaim or team affiliation?

And I am far too not awake right now to think of what other things someone might want to check.

Kyouhen
2009-05-02, 08:28 PM
What if you made the ability only have a percentage chance of identifying a lie, instead of making it a sure thing?

Murska
2009-05-02, 08:34 PM
So, it's basically that the masons have a scry 50% of the time, unless one of the two scriers dies. Also, one of the scriers is foolable by clever wording, and can also be used in other, more innovative ways.

I like it. :smallsmile:

@V Weeell... They wouldn't ALL be game-breaking... possibly...

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 08:38 PM
Why do I think Murska has already thought of at least 4 different ways to break the game with that role?

Kyouhen
2009-05-02, 09:35 PM
Why do I think Murska has already thought of at least 4 different ways to break the game with that role?

That's what you get for naming a role after him. :smallannoyed:

Darkcomet
2009-05-02, 09:51 PM
I'll see if I can pull a few strings.

Sorry. String pulling attempt failed.

happyturtle
2009-05-02, 09:53 PM
Just need two more.

Deathslayer7
2009-05-02, 10:25 PM
sure i'll give it a go since you only need one more. :smallbiggrin: i meant after me stoopid.

Szilard
2009-05-03, 10:08 AM
I shall join because I am bored.:smalltongue:
I'll read the rules later.

Fawkes
2009-05-03, 12:58 PM
In, because Happyhaps asked me. :smallsmile:

evnafets
2009-05-03, 09:39 PM
Sign me up as well please.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-04, 12:21 AM
Recruitment closed. Game thread will be up as soon as Mino have selected the players he likes to defend and the mods accept it.

Edit: Still accepts auto-lynch replacements thought...

Murska
2009-05-05, 08:47 AM
A shadow slinks towards the last person to visit this thread... Unseen, unheard, he sneaks closer to his target. This prey was not personal, he was just going to be a tool to further his goals. He silently smirked at the foolishness of those hoping to catch him, and the cloak shadowing his face shifted, revealing a green glow before he quickly pulled it back.

He reached his target, and at the last moment took something from the folds of his clothing. A flash in the night, and he is gone already, before his target has the chance to notice anything. Only thing left as proof he ever was there is a steel dagger, stuck to the back of the target, pinning a note into him...

I'm sorry for my continued absence from this thread but there are certain law-enforcement agencies which are awaiting my arrival and thus I cannot enter unless in disguise. I'm still eagerly awaiting for the results, though.

I backstab, therefore I am. Murska.

He knows how his target will act, he has predicted his movements. A nearby thread, active... He'll try to find help there, from the Clerics. This is what he has counted on all along...

happyturtle
2009-05-05, 07:48 PM
A reptile watches, muttering to herself.

Damn you, Murska... who is going to run Kyou II now?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-06, 01:07 AM
Bah, death won't stop me....

*pokes mods about the game thread*