PDA

View Full Version : It's the Future. Again.

Beans
2009-04-25, 01:07 PM
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Future_Again/index.php?p=551955
Here it is, first two pages up. More to come, but not today.

Basic concept: Commando team is sent after a rogue officer of the Interplanetary Armed Forces. Stuff happens.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, I know what you're going to say. I know, admit, but do not apologize for my blatant parroting of the Zero Punctuation character drawing style. All else is of my devising.

Durp
2009-04-25, 01:19 PM
This should probably be posted in the fan comics (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54) section, rather than here. You should probably make an archive as well.

Beans
2009-04-25, 01:21 PM
Is it really a fan comic, though? It's not related in any way to OOTS, and I imagined that Fan Comics referred to the ones made as OOTS tributes or at least made in the same visual style.

T-O-E
2009-04-25, 01:23 PM
Then why didn't you post it in the webcomics subforum?

Durp
2009-04-25, 01:24 PM
I think it's just for comics as a whole...

dresdor
2009-04-25, 01:24 PM
Since you have your own website, it actually needs to be posted in webcomics, not fan comics or arts & crafts.

Otherwise, Stonking great!

Durp
2009-04-25, 01:25 PM
Oh. Well there you go.

Sneak
2009-04-25, 01:31 PM
1. The speech bubbles could definitely use some work.
2. I'm not a huge fan of the art style, but that's your style, I suppose.
3. This should be posted in the Webcomics section.
4. Are they naked?
5. Is the last guy supposed to be a cross between Cloud and Squall?
6. It's pretty good so far, but then again, it's a bit hard to judge it with only one comment to go on.
7. Keep it up
8. I don't really have an eight. I just thought it was weird to end the list at seven.

T-O-E
2009-04-25, 01:33 PM
I can't really judge it, I've only seen two comics.
I'll form an opinion later.

Beans
2009-04-25, 01:36 PM
So said the masses of the world: "WRONG SECTION, BEANS."
... Bugger.
Well, I certainly can't move this thing. And with people already giving comments on it, just saying DALEET is a No. So here it shall stay unless moved. Then it shall be moved. I'll stop talking now.

Anyway...
Thanks for your feedback, and, Sneak...
1. Speech bubbles. Gruh. Will improves.
4. No, but they're simpler to draw the way they are. They're probably wearing some sort of light armor or something, and Cleiroth's is definitely silly-looking.
5. Sort of. More like Squall+Cloud+Maybe Naruto, though. He's my blunt satire of anime and such sillybollocked sillybollocks.

Durp
2009-04-25, 01:43 PM
As for the comic itself, I think it looks good. Might need a hook though.

Beans
2009-04-26, 01:59 PM
"O HAI GUISE," said Beans, "PAGE THWEE IS UP."
Yep.