PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer - Lizardman

Pellow
2009-04-25, 11:25 PM
tell me whether or not you think that this character for lizerman latest book would be fair and good to use in a game and or any suggestions i could make to make it better and more fair

Kroxigor Hero Points: 135

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Kroxigor Hero 6 4 0 5 5 4 2 4 8

Weapons and Armour: Magic items:
Hand weapon Any, up to a total of….…50pts

Armour: Mount:
Light armour…………….10pts Stegadon (Bareback)… 235pts
Shield…………………… 7pts

Weapons: Special Rules:
(one choice only): Cold Blooded
Great weapon…………...10pts Aquatic
Additional hand weapon…6pts 4+ Scaly Skin
Fear
Spawn Kin
Great Reach
Bareback Mount*

Bareback Mount*:
While riding a Stegadon the Kroxigor hero does not get Howdah weapons or additional crew but the Stegadon does still give a 3+ armour save ( not improvable in any way) but otherwise it is referred to as a normal Stegadon.

AgentPaper
2009-04-26, 12:09 AM
Tell me whether or not you think that this character from the Lizardmen's latest book would be fair and good to use in a game and or any suggestions I could make to make it better and more fair.

Kroxigor Hero Points: 135

{table=head]|M|WS|BS|S|T|W|I|A|Ld
Kroxigor Hero|6|4|0|5|5|4|2|4|8[/table]

Weapons and Armour: Hand weapon

Magic items: Any, up to a total of 50pts

Armour:
Light armour…………….10pts
Shield…………………… 7pts

Mount: Stegadon (Bareback)… 235pts

Weapons (one choice only):
Great weapon…………...10pts
Additional hand weapon…6pts

Special Rules:
Aquatic
Bareback Mount*
Cold Blooded
Fear
Great Reach
Spawn Kin
4+ Scaly Skin

Bareback Mount*:
While riding a Stegadon the Kroxigor hero does not get Howdah weapons or additional crew but the Stegadon does still give a 3+ armour save ( not improvable in any way) but otherwise it is referred to as a normal Stegadon.

Edited for readability. (except for that last part. What the heck is a "Howdah" weapon?:smallconfused:) I'm no master of balance, but 135 points seems kinda low, with all of those special rules, 4 wounds and 4 attacks. Then again, I don't know what most of those rules even do, aside from the standard ones like fear and scaly skin.

Quayleman
2009-04-26, 01:49 AM
The statline looks about right. The problem is that you can get almoast the same thing out of a Kroxigor champion.

So he can join skink squads?

And I don't think I would ever take him on a stegadon. Ever.

135 seems about right though.

It just seems kind of bland to me. I don't think I would ever take one. Maby what we need is a hero-level special character?

How about a rule that lets krocs or skinks that join him deploy from the enemie's table edge from reserves? Now THAT I would take:smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2009-04-26, 09:46 AM
What the heck is a "Howdah" weapon?:smallconfused:

The howdah is the saddle-thingie on the Stegadon. From Wiktionary:

1. A seat, usually with a canopy, carried on the back of an elephant or camel.

2. An ornate carriage which is positioned on the back of elephants or occasionally other animals, used most often in the past for rich people who travelled in India via elephant.

Reasonably, the howdah weapon would be the waepon mounted on the howdah.

By the way, Lizardmen are the only thing making Warhammer the least bit interesting in my eyes. That is all.

Thane of Fife
2009-04-26, 10:19 AM
Hmmm. I'd say no options for a shield. In all honesty, great weapons are sufficiently iconic for kroxigor that I almost feel he should be restricted to them.

In all honesty, I don't know that I'd ever take one of these over a Scar-Vet. The saurus is much cheaper, can be faster, has a stat-line which is almost as good.... Really, the kroxigor only gets more wounds and the opportunity to ride a stegadon.

Pellow
2009-04-26, 08:03 PM
thanks for the imput
i mainly just thought it would be a cool thing to have a Kroxigor on a Stegadon:smallsmile:

Athaniar
2009-04-28, 07:00 AM
Oh yes, certainly. More big lizards!

Quayleman
2009-05-03, 07:57 PM
As far as stegadon characters go, he is not worth it. Great weapons give only +1 str. while mounted, so he only gets str. 6.

Seems ok, until you try the skink chief with the stegadon spear (counts as lance, adds +d6 impact hits to your stegadon) and is still cheaper than your Krox with no gear. Plus, you get to keep the Howdah.

Now, if you just really want a Kroxigor riding a stegadon, then I think he's probably fair.