PDA

View Full Version : An odd dilemma regarding Ancestral Relic [3.5]

Lycanthromancer
2009-04-25, 11:34 PM
I have an anthropomorphic bat (flying fox) psychic warrior 5 that has a deep crystal elvencrafted bow of the wintermoon, and the DM has allowed him to take the Ancestral Relic feat twice to affect both its bow form and its quarterstaff form (from the elvencrafted quality, which allows you to use a bow as both a weapon and as a quarterstaff, though each side is enhanced separately).

The deep crystal +1 bow of the wintermoon/deep crystal masterwork quarterstaff costs 4,700 gp, which has already been okayed by the DM. However, the gp limit for the Ancestral Relic feat at level 5 is 4,500 gp.

My question is, how do I determine the price of both sides individually for the purposes of the feat? It's not covered anywhere, far as I know; I just want some ideas on how to do so within the boundaries of the feat (preferably that give me the better end of the deal, even if it takes a bit of 'creative interpretation of the rules' to do so).

The only idea I have at this point is to ONLY include the gp value for enhancement bonuses and their equivalents, due to the example text in the Ancestral Relic feat. Thus, the bow would be worth 2,000 gp for the purposes of the feat, and the quarterstaff would be worth 0 gp.

So, ideas?

Baron Corm
2009-04-26, 12:35 AM
If you're enchanting just the bow, and then just the quarterstaff, you could reasonably treat each as separate items, which I think would put you in range.

Not that I actually have any idea what the Ancestral Relic feat is :smallcool:.

hewhosaysfish
2009-04-26, 06:15 AM
Your post suggests that you've been conferring wit the GM at each stage of the process so far: why stop now?