PDA

View Full Version : Ganonron was liberating those worlds.

delguidance
2009-04-26, 11:54 AM
Sure maybe he was evil, but no one ever said what he did once he conquered those other worlds by teleporting armies onto them. Maybe they experience Pax Ganonronica once united under a strong central power. Maybe joining Ganonron's forces gave some poor kids the chance they needed to get a good education.

:smallbiggrin:

Theodoriph
2009-04-26, 12:15 PM
Sure maybe he was evil, but no one ever said what he did once he conquered those other worlds by teleporting armies onto them. Maybe they experience Pax Ganonronica once united under a strong central power. Maybe joining Ganonron's forces gave some poor kids the chance they needed to get a good education.

:smallbiggrin:

I think his other title "terror of a thousand planes" gives some idea of how well his subjects were treated. :smalltongue: His comments to V also provide a strong hint.

Also, if Ganonron were "liberating those worlds" and treating his subjects well, he wouldn't be evil. :smalltongue:

[TS] Shadow
2009-04-26, 12:43 PM
Yeah, liberation...cause a Lawful Evil person would free a bunch of people without getting something in return.

I wouldn't be surprised if he conquered a civilization that oppressed it's subjects, but that doesn't mean that Ganonron was a great ruler either.

Theodoriph
2009-04-26, 02:16 PM
As an aside, you seem to have some serious misconceptions about what life in ancient Rome was like for the average person. :smalltongue:

JJ48
2009-04-26, 02:34 PM
Shadow;6038988']Yeah, liberation...cause a Lawful Evil person would free a bunch of people without getting something in return.

I wouldn't be surprised if he conquered a civilization that oppressed it's subjects, but that doesn't mean that Ganonron was a great ruler either.

Well, not to say he WASN'T cruel, but just because he's Lawful Evil doesn't automatically mean slavery and oppression. I mean, as long as the population isn't challenging your rule, it's in the best interest of even Evil rulers to try to keep the masses happy and content This doesn't mean he needs to give them absolute freedom, or anything, but just because someone's powerful and Evil doesn't mean he can't be subtle and cunning as well.

(Though admittedly, the title "terror of a thousand planes" makes this theory rather unlikely for Ganonron, specifically.)

Nimrod's Son
2009-04-26, 08:55 PM
Enough is enough! I've had it with these gosh-darned terrors on this gosh-darned plane!

Cracklord
2009-04-26, 09:24 PM
I agree. He was liberating them.

Nimrod's Son
2009-04-26, 09:31 PM
Say what you will, but before Ganonron arrived, many a man was executed for wearing a headband that kinda clashed with the rest of his outfit.

tKircher
2009-04-27, 12:33 AM
Doesn't mean they aren't better off now than before.

And remember, Lawful Evil tends to create dystopian environments, which tend to be rather peaceful and pleasant places to live (unless you have a brain). So i would hazard a guess that Ganonron did liberate them, just not in the conventional sense.

But then, i'm judging this based on the freely available comics, an alignment, and my interpretation of both. So, i'm probably wrong.

Cúchulainn
2009-04-27, 01:32 AM
Say what you will, but before Ganonron arrived, many a man was executed for wearing a headband that kinda clashed with the rest of his outfit.

Viva la revolución!

Cracklord
2009-04-27, 03:41 AM
I was going to say that. So instead I'll say this:
Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Ziren
2009-04-27, 04:14 AM
Sure he was liberating those worlds. Just like I'm liberating three continents of my choice in risk :smallamused:

Cracklord
2009-04-27, 04:29 AM
Sure he was liberating those worlds. Just like I'm liberating three continents of my choice in risk :smallamused:
Well, I am when I play. They all want me to rule them, they're just to shy to ask. Really I am doing them a favor. They'd thank me if they had the chance

Trixie
2009-04-27, 04:42 AM
Well, technically, every big nation is a terror to those outside its borders, be it Rome or British empire :smallamused:

Just look at the first example here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhatHaveYouDoneForMeLately) :smalltongue: