PDA

View Full Version : K, time for a dumb question...

Wafflecart
2009-04-26, 08:55 PM
What is a cleric-zilla? I've heard the term everywhere, and I have absolutely no idea what it is...can anyone link me a thread to this? Or just explain it? Thanks much.

-Wafflecart

Vexxation
2009-04-26, 08:57 PM
It's when a cleric uses divine magic to enhance his or her combat ability to obscene proportions, such that they become like Godzilla: an unstoppable engine of total annihilation for all who oppose them.

Weezer
2009-04-26, 08:59 PM
cleric-zilla is a cleric that uses its buffs and Divine Metamagic Persist to become better at melee combat than any regular melee character. This allows the cleric to take the place of the fighter while still being able to use the rest of its spells to act as a cleric was meant to.

Wafflecart
2009-04-26, 09:29 PM
oh...i did that in ToH once kinda, bulls str + 2 spells to double size category, and str domain special ability

RTGoodman
2009-04-26, 09:34 PM
oh...i did that in ToH once kinda, bulls str + 2 spells to double size category, and str domain special ability

Yeah, Cleric-Zilla is like that, but on serious 'roids. What you could do for one encounter per day, Cleric-Zilla is doing all day every day because of Persistent Spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#persistentSpell), Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell), Extra Turning, Night Sticks (Libris Mortis), and a slew of spells that give bonuses to attacks, damage, and defenses.

Wafflecart
2009-04-26, 09:52 PM
wtf is night sticks?

Lycanthromancer
2009-04-26, 09:55 PM
Nightsticks grant extra turn undead attempts.

They're cheap.

And they stack.

The Glyphstone
2009-04-26, 10:15 PM
Specifically, they're an item from Libris Mortis: The Book of Bad Latin. Cost 7,500 each and give you 4 additional turn undead usages per day per nightstick. Since you don't even need to hold them to use, just carry them, you load your pockets up with Nightsticks then Persist all your crazyuber short-term buffs for 24 hours.

Wafflecart
2009-04-26, 10:18 PM
sounds fun, i never really did understand what the deal with turning was, or how it worked at all.

AslanCross
2009-04-26, 10:22 PM
sounds fun, i never really did understand what the deal with turning was, or how it worked at all.

Frankly, neither did Wizards. It was such an overly-complicated mechanic that rarely worked. That's why Unearthed Arcana and Complete Divine give alternative turning mechanics, and why they made all the divine feats.

I'd also like to add my answer to the clericzilla question:
At a certain point, you can literally become Godzilla by using your miracle spell (using the "Duplicate any 7th level spell or lower" effect) to copy the Wu Jen spell giant size, turning you gargantuan.

At lower levels, enormous size could be accomplished by using righteous might.