PDA

View Full Version : "Dungeon Crawling Fools" wording question

JJ48
2009-04-26, 11:09 PM
In strip #16 online, where Roy and V are talking, and Durkon keeps blinding them with Turn Undead, Roy says "...which is kinda cool", which Durkon interprets as "a lich is binding ghouls".

In my copy of "Dungeon Crawling Fools", however, Roy's line is printed as "which is cool", which Durkon interprets as "a lich's ghoul". Why was this changed?

Sholos
2009-04-27, 12:25 AM
Say them out loud to yourself. Which pair sounds like a more plausible mishearing?

Larspcus2
2009-04-27, 12:35 AM
Say them out loud to yourself. Which pair sounds like a more plausible mishearing?

The less plausible mishearing is funnier though. :smalltongue:

~Lar

Kaytara
2009-04-27, 12:40 AM
Hmmp, I agree. "A lich is binding ghouls" is funny exactly BECAUSE it's so implausible. Roy even says that Durkon is stretching it now. Not much point without Durkon actually doing so.

Zeitgeist
2009-04-27, 04:03 AM
I never noticed this, but I have to agree less plausible = more funny.

liooil2000
2009-04-27, 04:02 PM
It probably was changed because Rich thought that the webcomic version was a bit too implausible, or he just put that there so people would notice and comment about it.

Silverraptor
2009-04-27, 04:21 PM
It probably was changed because Rich thought that the webcomic version was a bit too implausible, or he just put that there so people would notice and comment about it.

Well he should be dissappointed due to the fact it's taken so long for someone to comment on.