PDA

View Full Version : [feat]Hostile Soul, update

Winged One
2006-08-13, 08:21 PM
Hostile Soul[general]
You turn the gods' wrath back upon their servents.
Prerequisites: Godscorned, Scorn the Gods (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11549546 40), will save +7, Cha 15
Benefit: When a spell is stopped by your spell resistance, the caster must make a Will save of DC 10+1/2 you HD+your Cha modifier or take 1d6 points of damage per your HD. If you succeed on an opposed charisma check with the caster as well, you may destroy their divine focus if it was used in the spell. Doing so give you a +2 circumstance bonus to any Intimidate checks you make against the caster until they get a new divine focus.
---
I made a feat with this name a while back. The original version was psionic, did 1d10 damage, only had the CHA prerequisite, and was invented before the feat and flaw mentioned in the prerequisites.

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 08:36 PM
I love it. Could probably work the whole line into a PrC of some sort.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-14, 08:56 AM

And this is how the world got the Flayerspawn Psychic PrC.

Some WotC designer: "Hey, those Illithid Heritage feats are cool!* I'll make a prestige class based off them!"

*They aren't.

The Demented One
2006-08-14, 09:11 AM
And this is how the world got the Flayerspawn Psychic PrC.

Some WotC designer: "Hey, those Illithid Heritage feats are cool!* I'll make a prestige class based off them!"

*They aren't.

Wrong. That was clearly nothing more than a plot to annoy everyone, thereby making them like psionics less. Because WotC hates psionics with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns, each one of which is also on fire.

kailin
2006-08-14, 02:05 PM
Because WotC hates psionics with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns, each one of which is also on fire.

Wow, I must be behind on my hate propoganda reading. I merely hate psionics with the fiery passion of a torched warehouse.

martyboy74
2006-08-14, 02:17 PM
Actually, it's "I hate the thread with the whote-hot fury of a thousand suns. They are made up of flames.

The flames are also on fire..."
-The Logic Ninja

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-14, 02:21 PM
Actually, it's "I hate the thread with the whote-hot fury of a thousand suns. They are made up of flames.

The flames are also on fire..."
-The Logic Ninja

Hah! I defeat you!

...I hate [WotC hates] this thread [psionics] with the burning fury of a thousand fiery suns, each of which is composed of other, smaller suns, that burn. With flames.

...the flames are also on fire.

Crossouts and words in brackets are mine.

The Demented One
2006-08-14, 02:23 PM
Wow, I must be behind on my hate propoganda reading. I merely hate psionics with the fiery passion of a torched warehouse.
Alright, but be careful. You can't just jump to "thousand suns" without preparation, Try working your way up to "liquid hot magma" first, it's a nice intermediary step between the two.

Winged One
2006-08-14, 10:51 PM
Or, you know, just take Ur-priest if you want to be in a god-hating PrC.

Brickwall
2006-08-14, 10:55 PM
Not if you want to be, oh, let's pick a class at random. Say, if you want to be a Wilder. Yeah, then you wouldn't want to take Ur-priest. Yeah. Random.

Winged One
2006-08-14, 11:04 PM
Not if you want to be, oh, let's pick a class at random. Say, if you want to be a Wilder. Yeah, then you wouldn't want to take Ur-priest. Yeah. Random.
Well, if I wanted to be a Wilder with this feat, I'd just go straight Wilder so that I'd be able to heal myself for a bunch of d12s with a Wild Surged Body Adjustment anyway, so as not to be dependant on potions or bards for my healing.

Brickwall
2006-08-14, 11:29 PM
OH H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE DOING IT. Trying to bypass your Flaw, eh? Well, I'll have none of it! Rules for Flaws specifically say that they're intended not to be bypassed. I'll be finding some way of getting you, mark my words.

Winged One
2006-08-14, 11:50 PM
OH H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE DOING IT. Trying to bypass your Flaw, eh? Well, I'll have none of it! Rules for Flaws specifically say that they're intended not to be bypassed. I'll be finding some way of getting you, mark my words.
From the SRD: Psionic healing sucks compared to divine healing. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#healing)

Brickwall
2006-08-14, 11:55 PM
Beh, it's still a bit mitigating. Well, seeing as how you also can't get buffed, restored, or probably some other stuff, I'll let it slide.

Winged One
2006-08-15, 12:21 AM
Er...they did get rid of that rule against bringing in discussions from other threads, right? I looked through the new rules of posting, and I couldn't find it, so I figured they had, which is why I didn't quote that bit at you when you dropped the pretense of it being a hypothetical situation.

EDIT: I found it upon reading more carefully. <insert profanity here>.

Brickwall
2006-08-15, 01:20 AM
Pretense...hm. Is pretense really pretense if it's intended to be transparent? Wow. I'm simply baffled now.

Winged One
2006-08-15, 01:34 AM
Depends. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pretense) ;)