PDA

View Full Version : GLoG XXIII: With malice towards none

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

horngeek
2009-04-27, 05:55 AM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers. All of our members are either good aligned or trying to become good.
To become a member PM either FF Fanboy, Haleyintraining[Leave of Absence], Happyturtle, Kaelaroth, Lex-kat, or Saint Nil.

##############################
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The PM requirement is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:

IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they are not of good alignment or if they cause trouble in character.
##############################

Also, before you join, read the Rules of the Spork (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4768413&postcount=489). If you are not a member, then when your character arrives, you will be outside the front door and must roleplay getting entry.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Alignment:
Desired Alignment:
Profession:
Race:
Any other important information:

Bulletin Board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108523)

Full Members list here. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/list-of-characters)

GLoG HQ Map
Great Room
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GreatRoomPlan.png

If you have a question, please read our FAQ first, it may already have been answered:
FAQ:

What's the point? Isn't there already a good aligned organization? Why didn't you just join HALO?

OOC, we have nothing against HALO. (IC may be a different story.) However, we wanted an organization that only allows good-aligned members and focuses on the redemption of evildoers. If the real world can have multiple organizations for the purpose of doing good, we don't see why the forum can't hold more than one as well.

No seriously. Aren't you just a HALO clone?

Not intentionally. We have our own purpose and our own mission, which overlaps somewhat with HALO's, but is not identical.

Why don't you let anyone post in the main thread without PMing first?

OOC answer: Honestly, we tried it, and it was too chaotic to read.
IC answer: You don't let strangers wander into your house at all hours, do you? We just want to know who is in our house.

Still, it seems awfully rude. You've offended a lot of people.

We're sorry. We didn't mean to. :smallfrown:

What's the point of the visitor's centre?

We still want to play nicely with others! So we set up the visitor's centre thread to provide an IC access port.

Are you part of the Town? Or are you in an extra dimension?

We didn't really know at first, but when AMEN contacted us, it seemed clear that we inhabited some sort of reality with AMEN and HALO. Which means we aren't Town. I think. (Really, we're making this up as we go along!)

New answer: Everyone's a part of the town, but the rules are different here, Town laws do not apply. ACRONYM rules do. So respect the rules, and we will all get along just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Will you be interacting with the other groups?

Yes, but we haven't worked out the mechanics yet. We're officially at war with AMEN, but we don't want random fighting going on in our headquarters. So we might be setting up a war thread or a plot thread or something, but we don't know yet.

As far as HALO goes, we have no formal ties with them, though there is some membership overlap, and we're currently in discussions. IC, some of us have formed a negative opinion of HALO. It doesn't mean we have a problem with you OOC. (Honestly, Turtle isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and she's very defensive about being a former evildoer.)

We interact with other groups quite a lot, though the war with AMEN has come to an end.

GLoG is a pretty silly name, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is. One of our founding members used to belong to the Evil League of Evil (If you haven't heard of it, google 'Dr Horrible'), so when she turned good, it seemed reasonable to form the Good League of Good.

Artifact Vault - Set next to the Armory, this is where GLoG's major artifacts are stored. The door is DNA locked to members only.

The Brightheart
The Brightheart is a plain orb, set upon a stone plinth labeled 'The Brightheart'. Also on the plinth is a note that says:
'Do Not Remove. Ever. No, not even then. (But maybe then.)'
The Brightheart itself glows with inner light, and throws up a positive energy blanket of moderate strength (heals most surface wounds, and makes undead sick) a few meters in radius. Touching the Brightheart results in having a large amount of positive energy run through you (heals all wounds, and drives undead to near death). Inside the plinth itself is a gate to the Negative Energy realm, which draws off the excess positive energy from the Brightheart. Should the Brightheart be removed, and taken away from the base without the necessary preparations being made, two Very Bad ThingsTM will happen.
A) The Brightheart's positive energy will not be siphoned off, and so it will be returned to full strength, throwing up a powerful positive energy blanket about a kilometer in radius, and killing anyone who touches it, living or no, through sheer positive energy overdose.
B) The gate to the Negative Energy realm will become unstable and tear, creating a giant Negative Energy rift in the middle of GLoG.

Banners:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLoG-Banner1.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GloG-Banner2.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLog-Banner3.png
All banners by Logalmier.
Here's our Wiki (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/start)

What defences does GLoG have? Find out here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5398371&postcount=444).
Security cameras (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5229752&postcount=219) (you don't need to read it before joining, but this seemed as good a place to put it as any)
And finally, The Drones in GLoG. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/glog-drones-list)
The GLoG/HALO portal:
The portal between GLoG and HALO is still open, providing instantaneous transportation between the two organisations.
But anyone passing through it arrives outside the front door. If they've already been cleared (previously interacted with GLoG without hostilities), they can walk straight in without having to roleplay out knocking on the door and so on.
First time visitors, or people who have previously caused trouble have to wait for someone to undeadtime to decide whether they can enter the building (GLoG), or not.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 06:29 AM
Daisuke walks out of GLoG, going towards the Taverna...

where his brother-turned-Hollow is.

This will be interesting :smalleek:

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 11:13 AM
((But we hold malice towards lots of people! And why did you add an eek? Having read the meeting, there wasn't anything to be particularly afraid of.))

Is it a troll? Is it a pig? No! It's Vorka, breathing heavily, breaking into fits of coughs, as he mournfully stares at himself in a mirror, in the infirmary. His book lies to one side of him. Open at a page.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 11:35 AM
Dani giggles and leans up to try and kiss Sam on the cheek.
I'm really glad you're my friend, y'know? I don't know what I'd do without you to help me.

Sam appears to be troubled by this, and, now that Dani is deadtimed, makes her way to the training room.

randman22222
2009-04-27, 12:19 PM
Shethet can be found in the living room, sitting a sofa, contemplating the mysteries of society.

Morty
2009-04-27, 12:23 PM
Wenomir is patrolling the base, unnerved by daemonic smell.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 12:24 PM
And they can, perhaps, hear a moany wheeze, as Vorka, formerly so handsome, lumbers into the room, his body a deformed mass of hairy, scarred fatty warts, his eyes muddy and piglike, staring out from behind a porcine face, wisps of hair trailing behind him. A smell, piglike, as one might have guessed, follows.
His book has been left in the infirmary, now shut. Damned thing.

Morty
2009-04-27, 12:32 PM
Errr... what happened, Vorka?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 12:35 PM
A spell! The formerly gorgeous knight says, before oinking like a pig, clearly exhausted, and flumping down onto a nearby armchair, scratching at an armpit with filthy, blackened, thick, long nails. Irene cast it, I let her. It was so very foolish. Oink.

Morty
2009-04-27, 12:39 PM
Can't we just dispel it? Johnny loves to show off his magic, so we might put it to a good use once in a while.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 12:45 PM
I know Johnny is an epically powered spell-caster, and *rasp* isn't afraid showing it, but I don't think he can dispel it. It isn't that kind of power, and my magicks are a rather powerful different kind of power. Vorka says, rasping from breath, scratching, now, at his huge, hairy nostrils. He's wearing a kind of shapeless sack-robe, perhaps due to his newfound deformity. I imagine there're ways to reverse this, but I doubt that kind of thing is one of them. Cue more coughing.

Morty
2009-04-27, 12:51 PM
Well, watch out then, or else he'll blow you up in an attempt to cure you. Can't your book reverse the effect?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 12:54 PM
Maybe. But I'm a bit scared. The former knight admits, rubbing his almost tumorous gigantic belly, fidgetty.

Morty
2009-04-27, 01:05 PM
Well, it can't possibly make you feel any worse than... no, scratch that. It suppose it can. Why did Irene use the book anyway?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 01:09 PM
She wanted to. Oink. And, she was pretty, even then. Now she's even prettier. She, *rasp*, Oink, wanted to be. And, well. Relatively, she is even more, to me. And, I let her. Because she was pretty. I'm a fool. He moans, lying back further. Wenomir may notice how his feet seem to have partially shifted into piglike trotters.

Morty
2009-04-27, 01:19 PM
Wenomir shakes his head. Oh, dear. So she took physical attractiveness from you and gave it to her because she wanted to be pretty?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 01:27 PM
I don't know how it worked. And it's at this moment where Vorka's player wonders whether Wenomir is bisexual, as once mentioned. The character, though, doesn't notice the possible compliment, and shrugs, morose.

Morty
2009-04-27, 01:32 PM
((I haven't decided yet. It's an open possibility, but the above wasn't a hint.))
Where is she now? Maybe she could be persuaded to reverse the effect... if she knows how.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 01:39 PM
I've got no idea. I was in the infirmary. Adjusting. Vorka murmurs, staring down at his hideous form with watery porcine eyes.

Morty
2009-04-27, 01:48 PM
Hm. I'll go look for her. The spell wasn't cast here, was it? I think I'd have noticed something.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 01:56 PM
((I can actually think of a few people even Dani would feel malice torwards...))

Dani undeadtimes, makes note of the staff from Daisuke, and smiles just a little - before noticing Sam's absence.

She frowns, wondering if it was something she said...

Grabbing a bagel, she hops off her stool and heads for the Training Room, lost in thought.

-----

Quinn wakes up in the Infirmary, at first wondering why it's so dark, before she remembers.

Oh yeah. She's "visually impaired" now.

And so she slumps back in bed with a sigh.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 01:58 PM
No. In the Taverna. My book's back here, and I got back here, though, so someone must have taken me. He shrugs, again, and moan, slightly, as a wart bursts, spilling blood across his neck. A med-drone flies up to help, and busies itself.

Morty
2009-04-27, 02:06 PM
I'll go there then. Take care of yourself in the meantime. Wenomir turns to leave unless Vorka stops him.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-27, 02:07 PM
Vorka's preoccupied, busy trying not to pass out. He allows Wenomir to go!
((deadtime))

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:11 PM
((I can actually think of a few people even Dani would feel malice torwards...))

Dani undeadtimes, makes note of the staff from Daisuke, and smiles just a little - before noticing Sam's absence.

She frowns, wondering if it was something she said...

Grabbing a bagel, she hops off her stool and heads for the Training Room, lost in thought.

In the training room, Sam is dressed in full tactical gear, swinging from a rope on the side of her shooting house.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 02:23 PM
Dani, still wearing just that green robe, albeit with her gun strapped to her hip, pauses in the entrance to the traning room and watches Sam, admringly.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:26 PM
Sam lays her munitions around a window, then kicks off the building, swinging away on the rope and then back towards the window, which explodes inward just before she sails through it. Almost before she enters the window she's firing her gun, and there is silence shortly thereafter.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 02:30 PM
Dani quietly starts slipping across the room torwards the shooting house, careful to use any cover offered, slipping her gun out of its holster.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:33 PM
There's a muffled explosion and more shooting as Sam starts in on a second room on the second floor.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 02:36 PM
Reaching the door of the shooting house, Dani presses herself up against the wall, gun raised, and starts a mental countdown...

On 'five', she spins to shoot the lock off the door and kick it in.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:39 PM
The door opens on Dani, giving her the choice of a hallway leading to the first floor rooms, and a staircase leading up to where Sam is.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 02:44 PM
Her first choice would be to run upstairs, but that might be a good way to get shot, plus Sam's good enough to have that in hand...

So she chooses to head down the hallway and work on clearing the first floor.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:47 PM
Those rooms are all full of hostile and hostage cardboard targets.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 02:50 PM
And Dani - having made sure her gun was set to 'stun' - starts shooting, starting in the first room with three quick headshots to standing hostiles, followed by a spin and two more shots against sitting ones - one of which passes between a hostile and a hostage, scorching both.

Because, of course, against cardboard even 'stun' leaves a nice crispy bit of cardboard...

The distinctive sound of her weapon might or might not be audible upstairs.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 02:54 PM
And a metal object bounces along the floor, passing right in front of Dani and coming from behind her.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:00 PM
Oh dear.

Acting on instinct, she lunges torwards the smallest 'hostage', aiming to tackle same and dive behind whatever cover might be available.

Everybody DOWN!

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:03 PM
Her instinct is to dive for cover, not look at it? :smalltongue:

Dani probably succeeds in snapping the cardboard in half as the flashbang goes off. Odds are she probably won't hear the sound of booted feet running out the front door.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:08 PM
She's silly but not that silly. :smalltongue:

Probably not, what with her ears ringing. Telling herself that had the cardboard been a real person she would have 'saved' them had it been a real grenade, she springs up and goes to sprint back out into the hallway, a little slower than before thanks to those ringing ears that nobody will answer.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:11 PM
And Sam makes it out of the training room, and from there to the armory. She's trying to get all of her gear returned before Dani makes her way there.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:15 PM
That'll probably be successful, as Dani takes a moment to check the other first-floor rooms before it sinks into her slightly-stunned brain that it was Sam who threw that flashbang and not some robo-tosser simulating an enemy ambush. :smalltongue:

But finally, her hearing having mostly returned, she makes her way out of the training room and guessing to check the armoury...

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:18 PM
And Sam fails to make it out of the armory in time...
Hullo...

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:19 PM
That was pretty fun, aside from the ending. Dani giggles a bit and winks, before tilting her head a little. How did I do?

Fan
2009-04-27, 03:20 PM
Zortainis, pulling up his shifting shroud, decides it's time to investigate the nature of this Terran planet. He will head out of the rose garden, a small *bzzt* singaling the disapearance of his wickedly curved psi blade.

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:25 PM
I, uh, didn't see. Sam tries to step around Dani and walk through the halls. Have you seen my brother recently, by any chance?

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:28 PM
No I haven't...
A concerned look crosses Dani's face, and she reaches out to try and grab Sam's arm, gently yet enough to stop her...

Sam. What's wrong? She looks up at her, her eyes searching and maybe just a little worried. You seem distracted. Did I...did I say something wrong earlier?

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:33 PM
Sam's grabbed and stopped and looks away. What? No, of course not. She's a horrible liar.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:38 PM
Sammie...

Dani starts to say something, then stops, looking away. Then back again, biting her lip for a moment before finally speaking.

I won't ever force you to talk if you don't want to. But I can't be your friend, I can't...

She hesitates, then plunges on.

...I can't be more than a friend if you won't talk to me when something's bothering you. I really care about you...no. Time to cross the Rubicon. I know before we were pretty drunk but I meant what I said. I love you. And that means I want to help you whenever something's going on that I can help with - especially if I somehow caused it. I never, ever want to make you feel bad. Ever!

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:47 PM
All of that Intelligence training and Dani's words still took her by surprise. Sam stares at Dani in shock and gapes for the first few seconds. Slowly processing Dani's confession with all the speed of a thawing walrus, she blinks in confusion and steps forward. Time to say something... romantic, or meaningful, or, hell, she'd settle for sincere.
Really, I'm all right. And she is, sort of, now.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 03:52 PM
Dani looks into Sam's eyes for a long moment, searching, then nods, just a little, smiling slightly - in large part in relief she didn't just completely screw things up...

Alright. She holds onto the taller redhead's arm for just a moment longer before letting go, and sighing. I guess I should go clean things up in my room and shower. I'm probably getting a little ripe by now. She giggles a bit, wrinking her nose oh-so-cutely. Maybe we could do the shooting thing again working together some time? That was really fun...

FireFox
2009-04-27, 03:57 PM
Yeah, we should. Maybe some time when I actually realize... that you're... there... Seeming to not even realize what she's doing, Sam steps forward and tries to kiss her.

((Getting kicked out, deadtime))

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 04:04 PM
Dani starts to nod, then is very surprised as Sam steps forwards. Not so surprised, though, that she doesn't respond. Exactly as might be expected, leaning up to meet the kiss and return it, holding it for a long, blissful minute, gently resting her hands on either side of Sam's face...

Finally she steps back, blushing deeply, and, smiling happily, tries to find the right words to say. Failing, she quickly draws on her knowledge of sign language and demonstrates it (http://static.userland.com/weblogsCom/images/maddogweblogscom/ASLIloveyou.jpg) for Sam before she heads off to take that shower she mentioned, a happy spring in her step.

((Figures. But I have to run too, so...le temps de mort.))

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 09:17 PM
Some time later, Dani, wearing old, baggy clothes, is busily cleaning her room.

Quinn is in the Infirmary, awake, but feeling sorry for herself.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 09:36 PM
Daisuke walks in. He heads up to the dorms, and looks for Dani.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-04-27, 09:40 PM
Runner and Skrall-2 undeadtime. Runner is in the computer room, and Skrall-2 is in the great room.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 09:43 PM
Daisuke might hear the sound of a power-mop coming from Dani's room.

In the Infirmary, Quinn ponders Herbert the Drone unseeingly, and debates changing his name to Dronebert...

horngeek
2009-04-27, 09:45 PM
Daisuke does, indeed, hear the power-mop, and knocks on Dani's door.

Dani? It's Daisuke. I need to tell you somthing.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 09:52 PM
The mop powers down.

Daise? C'mon in! Dani calls through the door, sounding rather better than she looked when they last spoke.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 09:55 PM
Daisuke does come in, and sits on an available chair/the bed.

Dani. I found Alexis, and I've currently got somone watching her. I'd have taken the Demon out myself, but she's currently deadtimed. I expect that if she undeadtimes, she'll get jumped on by the guy I've got watching her.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:02 PM
Dani bites her lip, looking away for a long moment, then looking back.

W-where is sh...it, she asks, emphasing the 'it' with a bit more vehemence than one might expect from the usually cheerful redhead.

With her cheeks turning a little red, too.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:06 PM
The Taverna. Currently deadtimed. It is currently being watched by Takeshi Hayashi.

Daisuke shakes his head at this

He currently has a glove that performs the same function as the staff that I gave you. As I said, it is currently deadtimed, but should undeadtime sometime in the near future.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:12 PM
Dani drops into a chair, resting her chin on her hands.

And thinks for a long moment.

I...I really appreciate the help but...can you tell him just to watch...it...but not to do anything? I...I need to handle this myself. She looks up at Daisuke, her eyes looking both determined and hurt. The first thing it did was pretend to be her and...we...kinda...yeah. She waves to the bed.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:16 PM
I will tell him to capture it instead of killing it. But restraining Takeshi entirely will be impossible. Especially as this is the first time we have talked peacfully in 200 years.

Daisuke looks sad as he says this, although he tries to conceal it.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:23 PM
...oh.

Not knowing what to say to that, Dani just reaches over to put a hand on his shoulder.

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 10:23 PM
Herbert, soon possibly renamed Dronebert, bobs around.
Concerned Query: Are you feeling any better?
Follow-up Query: Would you like me to lead you on a walk?

It'll then perform it's duties like a good seeing-eye medbot if that's what Quinn wants, though I have not the time to RP it all at this moment.

*poofs back into deadtime after that single post*

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:29 PM
Daisuke looks at her.

When we both died, I was sent on to Soul Society. He was not, and became a Hollow. Although, with his current state, he may be redeemable without having to purify him, something that was not possible before.

Daisuke produces a black butterfly, whispers into it, and sets it free. It flies out of the window in the direction of the Taverna.

A Hell Butterfly. Shinigami use them for several uses, including communication. Such as in this case. Dani, do you have that staff I gave you?

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:34 PM
Dani watches the butterfly with interest, listening to the explanations...

I do, yes. I'm not quite sure it'll work because of what Lexie explained was happening but I'll definitly give it a try. Barring that, I have that. She points at the Big Honkin' Space Gun sitting atop the dresser, and sighs. And I need to figure out what to do with Sammie too...

-----

Quinn looks over at Herbert, considers for a moment, then nods.
Might as well, I won't be getting any better here. She glances at Susan, then asks one of the normal meddrones to inform her she'll be in the Rose Garden, before having Herbert lead her there, where she begins to meditate.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:37 PM
What did Alexis say was happening?

Fan
2009-04-27, 10:40 PM
Zortainis undeadtimes once more looking for Terran's, or locals who might know where things are.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:44 PM
Something about it was consuming her. I guess that would be her...soul...so...

It's the first time Dani has thought about it really, and the implications of that sink in in exactly the way a bar of Ivory soap doesn't.

---

Zortanis might find Quinn in the Rose Garden, meditating...

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:46 PM
Takeshi's going to love this. Dani, I'm going back to the Taverna. Do you want to come?

Fan
2009-04-27, 10:50 PM
Zortainis will walk up to Quinn, being familiar with meditation, he will sit down next to him for a second before sending a telepathic message
"Excuse me, I apologise for interuptting Terran, but could you direct me to the nearest Star port, or related space travel terminal?"

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 10:50 PM
Dani thinks for a moment...then shakes her head.

I'm...I'm not ready yet. If we can't raise her...

She sighs and buries her face in her hands.

-------

Quinn starts a little, but after a moment responds telepathically.

I'm afraid there are no starports or star travel on this plane of existance, at least not that I am aware of.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 10:56 PM
If it is anything like a Hollow, killing it may release the souls it has consumed. Even if not, there are ways to reconstitute her soul. Alright?

Diasuke ties to put an arm around Dani's shoulders.

Fan
2009-04-27, 10:57 PM
"Well, I see self operating automatons around here but you do not have a simple orbit breaking ship that I could modify for warp.... Well, do you know of anyone with the materials that would be nessescary to create a khaydrin crystal latice core, and a ship?"

KerfuffleMach2
2009-04-27, 11:02 PM
((Don't know about materials, but Runner could help Zortainis build what he needs.))

Skrall-2 starts walking around the halls.

Runner is still in the computer room.

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 11:03 PM
((We have Plot in mind for that. :smallamused:))

Dani accepts the offered arm, nodding, although she still looks...well, miserable. Thanks, Daise. For everything.

------

They're largely magic, Quinn explains. I'm afraid I've never heard of khaydrin crystals, although the materials for a ship...actually I know of someone who might be able to help you with everything you need. If you head - and here she gives directions to the Taverna... - you'll find the Taverna Generica. There's a cyborg named Magtok who frequents the establishment, who might be able to help you.

horngeek
2009-04-27, 11:07 PM
That's all right. You've been though hell recently, and this in particular could be said to be under my juristicion. I'll see you, Dani. We'll try to keep the Demon alive so you can do what you need to.

He disappears, using Shunpo {{high-speed movment, gone over it before}}

KerfuffleMach2
2009-04-27, 11:08 PM
((<_<...>_>...I knew that...

Well, deadtime for me. Night peoples.))

The Bushranger
2009-04-27, 11:11 PM
((Kerfuffle - huh? My comment about Plot was addressed to Horngeek, sorry if I wasn't clear.))

Dani nods, then sighs and climbs into bed, pulling up the covers. Not bothering to undress.

Or eat...

((and, alas, I must deadtime))

horngeek
2009-04-27, 11:12 PM
{{Ah. Ah... I see. So Daisuke and Takeshi's attempt to kill that Demon are not going to be sucsessful, it seems. }}

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 11:27 PM
Nymph Irene returns to GLoG and heads towards the Rose Garden to plant the bouquet of flowers that the dancing man left behind. She sure has taken an unusual interest in those.

Antom may be let in and follow her if he's still with her.

Draken
2009-04-27, 11:33 PM
Antom is following.

- well.

Uh. Is this the famous Good League of Good? - He scratches the back of his head - Not what you expect really.

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 11:41 PM
Irene shrugs. "I suppose. I didn't exactly come here with any expectations of what it'd be like."

She finds a shovel and starts digging. "Fiendish wife, huh?"

Draken
2009-04-27, 11:47 PM
And his father-in-law was an Alhoon, and hs brother-in-law was a drow, and their house had an annoying AI. So it was pretty damn weird really. But they were a happy family last I saw them. Except the Alhoon had died and became a mostly annoying ghost.

Another scratch to the back of the head.

And I suppose I was expecting priests and paladins, lectures, hymns, theological studies, that sort of thing. Looks more like a social club than an organization dedicated to the purification and redemption of evil.

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 11:50 PM
"Ummm... right. Ok..."
Alhoon is also one of the few races I'm unfamiliar with.
"I'll be sure to stay away from them."

Irene in the meantime has planted the flowers and now packing them back in proper. Better than my expertise could explain it anyways, cause I have none.

Irene shrugs again. "Maybe it is. Maybe it's both and the people purifying and redeeming evil are out actually doing it rather than staying inside?"

Draken
2009-04-27, 11:52 PM
An Alhoon is a mind flayer lich. Just a fancy name.

Not that hard, they are not around this area any longer.

And he lifts an eyebrow.

It is a distinct possibility.

Which is not really happening.

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 11:56 PM
Of course not.
Is a little now, though, even if it's getting mildly mocked.

Irene wipes her hands off, finished with her task and finds a bench nearby to sit on to admire them a bit.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 02:04 AM
Quinn, it might be noted, is also in the Rose Garden, meditating quietly.

Well, of course meditation is quiet, but, y'know what I mean.

billtodamax
2009-04-28, 03:03 AM
Susan heads on over to the rose garden after being told that Quinn was there.

There's a knocking on the front door.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 04:22 AM
Alerted by Herbert the Drone, Quinn turns her head in Susan's direction as she reaches the Rose Garden, and smiles a little, obviously feeling a little better despite her new handicap.

A drone scoots over to the door, but, lacking hands, it merely bumps into the doorknob before spinning crazily away.

billtodamax
2009-04-28, 05:29 AM
"Hey." Susan says. "You're looking better." She says. "No pun intended."

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 10:18 AM
((I was going to update Quinn's avatar...but tektek doesn't have any dark glasses or white canes. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:))

Quinn chuckles softly. Thanks, Susan. And I'm feeling better too - aside from the obvious, anyway. She motions torwards her eyes. It's going to take a lot of getting used to.

---

Dani comes out of her room, looking quite...well, considering the highs and lows of emotion she went through yesterday, she looks about like you'd expect.

Today's outfit: http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0904/d28/1016/a2fb485.png

She heads to the kitchen and quietly fixes herself a bowl of cereal.

randman22222
2009-04-28, 10:43 AM
Shethet is semi-crouched in the living room, staring transfixed at a portable music player of some persuasion. Whether she is ready to defend herself from it, or is absolutely entranced, is not easy to tell. It's playing some sort of Eastern European traditional music.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 10:59 AM
Dani, bowl of cereal in hand, approaches.
Pretty music isn't it! she asks Shethet, smiling a little more as the music relaxes her. I don't think we've met? I'm Dani.

randman22222
2009-04-28, 11:02 AM
Shethet stands up, startled. I— Hello, I'm Shethet. What... is this?

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 11:09 AM
It's nice to meet you! the tiny redhead says, almost her normal cheerful, chirpy self, but there's still something in her eyes...

She's still totally cute, though.

It's a music player. It records when people play or talk or whatever and can play it back any time you want to!

randman22222
2009-04-28, 11:14 AM
When people talk? Is that some kind of language, they're speaking then? And what kind of creatures are they, to make those sounds? She's still referring to the music...

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 11:19 AM
Dani giggles shaking her head. It can record people talking but those are musical instruments playing! Y'know, like when you hum? There's things that make music like that when you use them. She hums a few bars of Red River Valley in demonstration.

BR would have her pull out a harmonica, but things haven't escalated to the point where pulling out a WMD is called for. :smalltongue:

randman22222
2009-04-28, 11:26 AM
Shethet raises and eyebrow, and tenses slightly. Is that like some kind of spell? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 11:33 AM
Dani stops humming, and gives Shethet a curious, incredulous, and remarkably cute look. Huh? Nope, not a spell or anything like that. It's just music. She drops onto the couch...
You don't have any music where you came from? That'd be horrible...

Determined to eat her cereal before it's all soggy, she digs in.

((Lunch))

FireFox
2009-04-28, 11:36 AM
Sam starts wandering around the base.

randman22222
2009-04-28, 12:09 PM
Shethet is sitting on a couch now, looking at the music player in concentration.

((Deadtime.))

FireFox
2009-04-28, 02:37 PM
Sam is at the kitchen table, cleaning her gun. Again.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 02:37 PM
After awhile Dani finishes her cereal, and debates with herself what to do next for a bit before coming to a decision, and heading down to the training room.

But as she gets up, she spots Sam at the table, and heads in that direction instead, smiling.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 02:40 PM
Sam smiles as she notices Dani. Hullo...

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 02:44 PM
Hey Sammie. Dani grins a little, feeling much more...relaxed about everything that is going on around Sam. Haven't you cleaned that thing to death yet?

FireFox
2009-04-28, 02:47 PM
She rolls her eyes. You have to take care of the things you trust your life with. I clean it after I shoot it, and I practice shooting every day. Putting away the cleaning equipment, she quickly reassembles the Glock.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 02:52 PM
I guess that's a good point, Dani agrees nodding, then giggles. Guess it's a good thing I don't have to be cleaned out after I use my abilities, huh?

Roll for unintentional innuendo...

FireFox
2009-04-28, 02:54 PM
It seems to fly over Sam's head, interestingly. You do have to eat though. She points out with a smile.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 03:03 PM
...well, you're right about that! Dani laughs and goes to put her cereal bowl in the sink, grabbing one of those giant bags of dill-pickle flavoured potato chips. I guess it's a small price to pay though. 'Sides, I don't ever have to worry about getting fat!

FireFox
2009-04-28, 03:08 PM
Mhmm. Sam looks at her with slight envy. Lucky.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 03:16 PM
Dani notices, and blushes a little. Well there's other ways to handle that too. Lots of exercise - which reminds me! I was about to go for a swim, you wanna join me Sammie? She smiles broadly and hopefully.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 03:21 PM
Sam has to decline, because any minute no- oh, there it is.

((Deadtime))

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 03:24 PM
Dani sighs, and steps over to the table, scribbling a quick note on a sheet of paper, putting it where Sam will see it when the deadtime ooze lets go, then heads to her room to change.

Sammie,

I'll be in the pool, come find me. And Pantene is best for getting deadtime ooze out of your hair.

XOX
D.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-28, 03:27 PM
Johnny undeadtimes and takes a stroll around the base, hoping to bump into someone.

Then he deadtimes again.
(deadtime)

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 03:45 PM
Well, Johnny might bump into Dani, who's emerging from her room on her way to the pool with a towel wrapped around herself; or into Quinn, who is sitting quietly in the rose garden with Herbert the Drone hovering protectively nearby.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 04:33 PM
Sam walks into the pool room and drapes her towel over a chair before diving in. How she managed to get changed and beat Dani here is something that will never be explained. Ever.

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0904/d28/1627/33a4663.png

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 04:43 PM
Dani must have come across a distraction on the way. Perhaps that bag of potato chips. :smalltongue:

Anyway, she arrives at the pool a minute or two later, and blinks in surprise for a moment at finding Sam already there, before grinning and dropping her towel so she can dive in herself.

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d06/1018/bf2c484.png

FireFox
2009-04-28, 04:48 PM
Sam pauses in the laps she's started to watch Dani enter.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 04:51 PM
Dani lands feet-first in a huge splash, coming up shaking her hair with a broad, grin.

Hey speedy!

FireFox
2009-04-28, 04:54 PM
Sam just chuckles and floats towards Dani on her back.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 04:56 PM
Mint is in the kitchen, cookin something

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:01 PM
Quinn, smelling something cooking, looks apologetically at the deadtimed Susan and asks Herbert the Drone to lead her to the kitchen.

Somebody needs to replicate her a white cane...

-----

Meanwhile in the pool, Dani watches with a smile, slowly sinking lower and lower into the water as Sam approaches.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:03 PM
Hearing an ominous silence, Sam stops floating and starts to tread water, but she's already above Dani by then.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:04 PM
Mint smiles and waves at Quinn as she enters.
Hi.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:10 PM
And this means that, all of a sudden, Sam might find her back being tickled. Whee!

-----

Hello, Quinn replies with a smile, turning torwards Mint's voice, nearly bumping into a counter before the mildly frantic seeing-eye drone steers her away from it. Smells good in here.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:12 PM
Sam splashes indignantly and tries to grab Dani.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:15 PM
Want some?

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:18 PM
Eep!
Grapple attempt: successful! And the giggling, squirming pipsqueak is seized!

---

I would, thank you. The blind paladin very carefully finds and settles into a seat. I don't believe we've met? I'm Quinn, and you are?

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:20 PM
And Sam, fighting down a giggle with a mock scowl, tries to dunk her.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:22 PM
I'm Mint.
She smiles and serves Quinn a plate of... Food.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:24 PM
Squirming and laughing, Dani is dunked, blowing bubbles in Sam's direction from her position underwater.

-----

It's a pleasure to meet you. Quinn tries to form a mental image of Mint from her voice as, locating a fork, she samples the...'food'.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:29 PM
Sam lets go and starts swimming away from the inevitable counterattack.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:29 PM
The food, which will be... Stir fry, is very good.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:34 PM
This is great. Quinn smiles and starts eating in earnest. Thank you for sharing with me.

-----

Counterbattery in 3, 2, 1...

Dani pops up behind Sam and aims a two-handed splash in her direction!

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:35 PM
I'm happy to.
Mint says, sitting down to eat.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:39 PM
Sam is splashed and tries to push down on Dani's shoulders.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:43 PM
I definitly think I might stay here. Everyone seems nice enough, at least.

----

Laughing, Dani's pushed down, grinning cutely as she inhales in anticipation of another dunking - but at the same time going to wrap a leg around Sam's to try to pull her down with her.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:44 PM
Want a drink?

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:44 PM
Sam is pulled down, and tries to pin Dani to the bottom of the pool, smirking.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 05:47 PM
Yes, please. Quinn nods smiling. Sparkling water, perhaps?

----

And pinned Dani is, looking up at Sam with wide, yet laughing eyes, as she goes to blow a stream of bubbles into the other woman's face.

((back after dinner))

FireFox
2009-04-28, 05:49 PM
Sam shakes her head to clear the bubbles and stradles Dani in preperation to push off the bottom.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 05:52 PM
Mint smiles and pours Quinn a glass of sparkling water, then places it in front of her.
There ya go.
Oh, if Quinn can, she migh notice that Mint is a devil...

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 07:36 PM
Sam shakes her head to clear the bubbles and straddles Dani in preperation to push off the bottom.

Dani, for her part, squirms a little and goes to gently run her hands up the outside of Sam's legs before the older redhead pushes off, blowing bubbles as she lets out her breath slowly...

Mint smiles and pours Quinn a glass of sparkling water, then places it in front of her.
There ya go.
Oh, if Quinn can, she might notice that Mint is a devil...

Well, regardless of any appearance clues or not, visual is, obviously, out. :smalltongue:
And being only a low-level Paladin, Quinn lacks the 'I know a demon when I seesmell it' ability some paladins have...
Thanks. She smiles gratefully. So...how long have you been here?

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 07:48 PM
I dunno, a few months...
You?

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 07:59 PM
I was brought here to be healed after the apocalypse a little while ago, Quinn explains. And just when I was getting better, this happened. She waves at her eyes. I was already thinking about staying, but now I'm wondering just what use a blind person could be...

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 08:05 PM
I'm dsure you're plenty useful!
Why, I bet you could do anything they could do.
Hell, I bet you could do it better!

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 08:08 PM
Confirming Statement: Miss Mint is right. With my help, you can do anything.
Plaintive Question: You won't leave me, will you?

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 08:13 PM
Quinn looks down as her cheeks color a little, then looks up smiling. Thanks. You're probably right...I guess I should look for advantages I have now instead of moping about what I've lost.

She then looks over to Herbert the Drone and reaches out to pat his shell. Don't worry, buddy. You're coming along with me or staying with me, I'm not gonna run off without you.

-------

Erin, meanwhile, de-Folds outside the front door and, after starting at it for a moment, shrugs and goes to phase through and inside, looking determined.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 08:18 PM
Chelonie is in her conservatory. Not because she particularly wants to be there, or is enjoying the sunlight through the glass or the smell of her flowers. No, she's only there to tend the plants and make sure they don't die.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 08:25 PM
And, following the directions from some concerned drones, Erin arrives at the appropriate doorway, and knocks.

Quinsar
2009-04-28, 08:27 PM
Mint eats her food.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:27 PM
Nymph Irene leads the way here, draping an arm around Crimson's shoulders and taking her inside, ignoring the silly alignment scanners.

"Have you eaten anything recently?" Time for the food, bath, and bed treatment.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 08:31 PM
There's no answer. The conservatory is rather large, and it's possible the fountain is masking the sound.

Or maybe she's just being ignored.

Being a public area though, the door isn't locked.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:33 PM
Crimson doesn't really have an alignment. However, it is likely that anything looking for one would screech that she's a horribly evil creature.

Though one might have significant reason to doubt that analysis, considering she is just a traumatized, confused little girl. Maybe there's some other reason behind it.

She shakes her head at Irene.
"No..."

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 08:36 PM
Quinn eats as well, feeling rather more cheerful than she did a few minutes ago.

---

Erin pauses, then phases her way into the conservatory, looking around before starting in Chelonie's direction, moving with purpose, but also rather more gently, for want of a better term, than she was before.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:37 PM
Like I said. Silly alignment scanners. Always trying to put things in a box. Never look at them if I can help it.

She'll lead Crimson to the kitchen area then and pull out a chair for her. "Well, you can sit here Scarlet, and I'll be happy to get something for you. Is there anything in particular you'd like to eat?" She heads into the nearby kitchen to start preparing.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 08:44 PM
Quinn feels a slightly familiar funny feeling, and looks up, looking in the direction of the phereomone-emitting nymph. That you, Irene?

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:48 PM
"Umm..."

Crimson seems to be stuck on deciding something.

"Not really, I guess."

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 08:50 PM
Chelonie is deadheading a white azalea shrub.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 08:53 PM
"Oh ok." Irene starts making a nice sandwich. Mostly because she's not the greatest cook and sandwiches are easy to make. Butler is the cook. She comes back out with the meal and sets it in front of Crimson before sitting down as well. "I don't suppose you've bathed recently?"

She looks over at Quinn and sort of shrinks a little. She did cause blindness after all. "Yeah. It's me. And this is Crimson Blossom of the Fen with me."

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 08:57 PM
It's a pleasure to meet you, Crimson Blossom of the Fen. I'm Quinn. The blind, brown-haired psion/paladin smiles in the direction she thinks Crimson is, which is probably nowhere close to reality, while at the same time trying to tear her thoughts away from Irene.

Silly pheromones...

-----

Erin steps up behind Chelonie, and considers things for a moment. Things to say, things to do. Sense to smack into, shoulders to offer to cry on...

After a minute, she quietly kneels next to the plant, and starts to assist in removing the dead blossoms.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 08:57 PM
Considering Crimson looks like she has rolled around in the dirt, it isn't surprising when she shakes her head in response to Irene's question.
However, she is far too busy eating the sandwich to focus on anything else.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 09:02 PM
"Alrighty then. After you're nice and fed, we'll get you a warm bath or a shower, ok?" She goes back into the kitchen and brings out more in case Crimson wants it.

"How are you holding up Quinn?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 09:05 PM
"Okay."
Her voice is a little muffled around the sandwich.
She shifts around in her seat, crossing her legs and hunching inwards as she tries to take her mind off of things.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 09:08 PM
Quinn frowns a little at Crimson's not responding to her...of course, she's probably looking the other way from the girl, at least at first. :smalltongue:

She returns her attention to Irene and smiles. Surprisngly well, actually. Mint and Dronebert here helped me a lot. I think I'll be alright.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 09:10 PM
"That's good." Irene smiles at Quinn before returning her attention to Crimson.

"I'm going to go get the bath ready and some fresh clothes prepared for you, alright?" She stands to head off and do just that.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 09:11 PM
Chelonie looks up, acknowledging Erin's presence, then turns back to her work.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 09:12 PM
Crimson nods slowly to Irene, and hunches down a little bit as she's left alone with the strange, blind woman, feeling a little intimidated.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 09:15 PM
Dani, for her part, squirms a little and goes to gently run her hands up the outside of Sam's legs before the older redhead pushes off, blowing bubbles as she lets out her breath slowly...

She suceeds and the SAS woman breaks the surface to breathe blushing.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 09:16 PM
Quinn turns her head to...'watch' isn't the right word...Irene leave, then sighs as the pheromones start to wear off and her head clears...

She turns her head back in the general direction of Crimson, or at least what she thinks is the general direction anyway, and tries to smile warmly.

Erin remains assisting in the plant-trimming, having decided that, at least for now, merely providing company for the other woman is what's needed the most.

Dani follows Sam to the surface of the pool, tossing her hair and grinning broadly. That was fun!

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 09:20 PM
Crimson finishes her sandwich and watches Quinn with big eyes, finally managing to speak a question.
"Are you blind?"

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 09:21 PM
And so Irene goes to the bath and turns it on and checks the temperature and makes sure that's nice and warm. Then goes to the Great Big Closet to pick out some clothes while it's filling up.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 09:23 PM
Sam laughs and moves to an area shallow enough to stand in. Next time you splash me, I'll break your wrists. Her smile and merrily dancing eyes are evidence enough that she's joking.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 09:28 PM
This allows Quinn to pinpoint Crimson's position and actually look at her...
Yes, I am. I...had an accident a few days ago, and now I can't see. I'm adjusting to it, though, she says, trying to sound encouraging.

-------

You'll have to catch me first! Dani chirps with a matching grin, feinting as if to splash before -

pop!
pop!

- vanishing and reappearing a little further up in the shallows so she can stand too, and laughs, her sorrows and worries driven away for now.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 09:29 PM
Sam starts to dive at Dani, but slips, appears to hit her head on a wall, and falls into the water.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 09:32 PM
"Oh."
Says Crimson simply, looking down at her hands.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 09:38 PM
Irene gets the clothes and returns to the bathroom, setting them aside and turning off the water as the tub's all ready. She then returns to the kitchen area, putting on a nice smile for Crimson.

"You ready yet Scarlet?"

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 09:39 PM
It's alright. I'm adjusting to it and I'm going to be able to do everything I did before, in time, Quinn explains, trying to cheer the girl up.

And Dani's eyes go very wide.
Sammie!
Half-yelling half-shrieking, she lunges forwards, diving in, trying to catch Sam and pull her to the surface,

After awhile, Erin finally speaks.

I heard what happened. I know it doesn't mean much but I'm sorry.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 09:41 PM
Crimson nods to Irene and hops off her chair.
"Bye."
She says to Quinn before going off towards the baths.
(I'll assume Irene leads her there, and I'll dead time for a little bit- no more than half an hour.)

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 09:42 PM
"At least she didn't suffer," Chelonie said. "She died in her right mind."

FireFox
2009-04-28, 09:46 PM
It's a trap!
The taller redhead springs up right and tries to pin Dani to the side of the pool wall.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 09:47 PM
Yep. Irene will lead her there and point out the clothes and towels and stuff unnecessarily, then give her some privacy as she goes to get a nice bed ready.

And by that, I mean find Butler and get him to do it. Cause it's his job, not that she couldn't just convince him with the beauty and the pheromones now if it wasn't. She'll then return to waiting outside the bathroom in case Crimson needs anything from her.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 09:51 PM
Quinn waves, and goes back to a mixture of finishing her food and contemplating Irene.

And trying to do the right thing, too, Erin agrees, gently removing the spent blossoms from a white pentas. I knew a girl once who...had something similar happen to her. Snip, snip. It isn't something you ever lose the memory of.

Eeeeeek! Dani squeals and tries to slip away, but is nontheless caught, and finds herself trapped!

FireFox
2009-04-28, 09:53 PM
Sam, almost doubled over laughing, presses Dani against the wall. Come on, I'm not that much of a klutz!

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 10:00 PM
Crimson eventually comes out of the shower, dressed in all black clothing, though it seems a bit big on her. No doubt something else would have fit on her better, but apparently she seemed attracted to the black. However, her newly cleaned hair draws attention away from this- perhaps it was coincidence, but the color of it matches quite perfectly with her name. It isn't a natural, orange red, but a blood red which shines in a strange way- like black oil would shine, perhaps- it is a shine, but there is a darkness to it.

Her skin, now clean, is shown to be as pale as alabaster. In combination with her hair color and clothing choice, she either seems to be a born goth, or perhaps a vampire. Or both. Still, if she were a vampire, she probably would have burst into flames outside.

"Thank you."
She says quietly to Irene as she comes out.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I guess I just kinda...um, overreacted?
Dani giggles and wriggles against Sam as she's pushed into the wall...
Then again maybe I wanted you to catch me. She grins.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 10:04 PM
Oh? Sam blushes slightly, but stays where she is. Well, I caught you. What now?

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:07 PM
Irene is taken a back by this. Cause well... it's different looking. She looks Crimson over a bit.

"Ummm... you're welcome. It was no trouble at all. I had a room prepared for you when you need it. And if you need anything, like a tour or something brought to you, ask for Butler. He's the catboy. Only wears shorts and a collar. You can't miss him." She'll show Crimson how to find her room.

"You going to be ok for now?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 10:10 PM
Crimson nods to Irene and reaches out to hug her tightly.
"Are you going to leave now?"
She asks, her voice small.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:12 PM
Irene hugs Crimson back. The poor really strange girl. "No. No. Not if you don't want me to Scarlet. I'll stay right here with you."

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 10:13 PM
Quinn, having finished eating, carefully puts her plates in the sink before following Herbert the Drone back to the Rose Garden, where she stretches out on the ground near Susan and folds her hands behind her head.

Dani, her cheeks a little rosy, too, tilts her head and looks into Sam's eyes for a long moment. Well...there's always this...

And she leans in to try and deliver a soft kiss.

FireFox
2009-04-28, 10:15 PM
And Sam returns it just as softly. Who knows, she might have gone further, but...

((Bedtime for me. :smallsigh:))

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 10:16 PM
"Okay."
Says Crimson quietly, her voice still sad, but perhaps less tense.
Still clutching to Irene, she looks around, finally gaining a little curiosity.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:18 PM
"Well... let's just show you around then, unless you're tired?" Irene will stick by Crimson, ready to lead her to her room or exploring the base.

happyturtle
2009-04-28, 10:23 PM
And trying to do the right thing, too, Erin agrees, gently removing the spent blossoms from a white pentas. I knew a girl once who...had something similar happen to her. Snip, snip. It isn't something you ever lose the memory of.

"No." There isn't really anything else to say.

AmberVael
"You could show me around."
Crimson almost looks hopeful as she states it- it isn't a question or a request, as if she didn't want to phrase it in such a way, lest it be denied.

The Bushranger
(('Night...but there's always tomorrow.
Although they will look like prunes... :smalltongue:))

When she finally pulls back, Dani gently slips her arms around Sam's neck and relaxes against her, looking into her eyes with an, almost shy, and very cute, smile.

Y'know. You look really good in that swimsuit...

Erin falls quiet again, concentrating on helping with the plants.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:28 PM
"Sure. I'd be happy to. Let's see here. I'm not an experienced tour guide like Butler... Ok. Well, you've seen the Great Room already. It's pretty much synonymous with the kitchen and the living room. Ummm... how about this way..."

She leads Crimson through the halls of the member's quarters to the infirmary and library area. "Here's where you go if you're looking to read something. I haven't seen anyone in there ever. And here's where you go if you get sick or hurt. The medbots do a pretty good job."

FireFox
2009-04-28, 10:29 PM
*Sneak posts*

There's no "almost" about Sam's shy smile as she wraps her arms around Dani gently. Thanks. You look... God, you look beautiful.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 10:37 PM
Crimson looks around with wide eyes, taking it all in. As she walks and looks and moves, Irene will get the impression that she acts a little younger than she really is.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 10:37 PM
Cue blushing on Dani's part, too...
You really think so? Dani shivers, happily, despite the heated water in the pool, and doesn't look away from Sam's eyes. Thanks, Sammie... She moves a hand up, gently resting it against the other woman's cheek. You're beautiful too. I always thought that but you've just been getting more and more so...

She tries to wrap her legs around Sam's, pulling the other redhead as close as she dares.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:42 PM
Hmm... no big deal. She has been through a lot after all.
She moves on. "This is the detention area, where they lock up people that are threats to us I believe. And the security room is here. And over here is the training room. I haven't been in there much, but people use it frequently enough if you like that sort of thing."

"And this is where the swimming pool and hot tub are located. Good for a nice dip." She peers in and sees some busy people, Dani and Sam... doing something. "Just not right now it would seem. Moving on... this is the conservatory. And finally, one of my favorites, the rose garden. It's fairly pretty out here." She'll lead Crimson out to take a look at the flowers if she wants.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 10:46 PM
Crimson stops as she sees the rose garden and backs off a little.
"I'm... um... not good with plants..."
She says, her voice diminishing as she speaks.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 10:58 PM
Irene frowns. "It's alright. They won't hurt or anything." If she doesn't look like she's going to come in, Irene will take Crimson back away from the Rose Garden. "We're probably going to have to work on that. Plants are wonderful things really."

Bergett
2009-04-28, 10:58 PM
Kowalski is sitting in one of the chairs in the grand hall

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:00 PM
"Dad always kept me away from them..."
She says, following Irene's lead.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:04 PM
"Oh, well. Still should give them a try. You might like them. I'll get you a small potted flower for your room and you can see how you like it. How does that sound?"

Irene looks around. That was it for the most part. Nothing else to of great interest to show.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:07 PM
"...okay."
Crimson says quietly. She appears to have some misgivings on the subject though.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:10 PM
Argh... well... Irene only recently turned Nymph and is still getting used to it. She doesn't want to force nature on someone.

"Nah... you know what? Forget about it. Isn't that important. What do you like, though?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:15 PM
"I-"
Crimson stops, looking at her feet.
"Dad says I shouldn't talk about it."

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:18 PM
Irene gets to facepalm and is beginning to wonder if she took the Dad's side too early. Maybe Mom's got the right idea.

"How am I supposed to know what to do for you if you're not allowed to tell me?" She sighs. "Well, if you don't want to, I won't make you." Irene's not sure how to keep a conversation going with this girl if dad keeps getting in the way.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:21 PM
"Dad told me... I needed to learn normal things. He used to, anyways. Sometimes."
Crimson looks up at Irene.
"Could you show me something normal to do?"

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:26 PM
:smallconfused:
This girl was starting to exceed odd and move towards creepy.

Oh well. "Uhh... normal, normal..." Irene scratches her head. "Well... we could go for a walk. We could watch television. Or we could, I don't know, work on a puzzle?" She counts them off on her hands as she lists them. "What sounds interesting to you?"

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:31 PM
A smile actually spreads across Crimson's face- a sort of relieved and natural smile that seems so much more suited to her than any other expression Irene has seen on her face so far.
"Dad always liked puzzles... he was clever."

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:35 PM
Irene smiles. Yay! Something!
"Alright. Let's do a puzzle." She'll take Crimson to whatever Closet where they keep the puzzles. Probably the same Closet where all the clothes are to choose from. She'll let Crimson pick out the one she wants to do. Choices are numerous.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:37 PM
Crimson looks over all the puzzles and finally picks out a jigsaw with a sun and moon motif. She'll open the box and find an open space, and begin putting the puzzle together, humming so softly under her breath that it is nearly impossible to hear the actual tune.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:41 PM
Irene will sit nearby and watch mostly, though occasionally try to help. Puzzles aren't really her strong suit. She's average at them.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:46 PM
Crimson seems to have a fair bit of trouble, really. She realizes how the shapes interact, but the picture seems to constantly confuse her. Eventually, however, she starts getting the hang of it.
"What do you want to do?"
She asks Irene. Her tone makes it seem like she's asking Irene for more than what she would want to pass time doing.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:51 PM
Irene shrugs. "Oh, I don't know. Puzzles are fine by me. Things can alternate around here between quite dull and extremely exciting. But to be honest, I'm not yet sure what I want to do." She may have missed Crimson's intention behind the question.

She takes a look over. "Your dad give you those?" She motions to the necklace and bracelet.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:54 PM
"My dad gave me this."
Crimson says, putting a hand to the necklace.
"My m-mom... gave me this."
She said, her voice catching a little as she raises the arm with the band on it.
Irene will notice now that it is clear and in the light, that there appears to be no way to actually remove it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-28, 11:57 PM
Irene tilts her head. "Does that come off? How did she even get it on there?" Irene looks at it curiously.

AmberVael
2009-04-28, 11:59 PM
Crimson shakes her head.
"She used her magic charms to do it."
She puts one hand tightly around the bracelet.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:01 AM
Irene frowns, looking up at Crimson's face and asks the obvious questions. "Why? What does it do?"

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:05 AM
"It's... it's..."
Crimson starts shaking, her eyes focused on the bracelet.
"I..."
Her eyes are a little distant as memories flicker through her mind.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:07 AM
Irene reaches out to put her hand on Crimson's hand. "Hey. Are you ok?"

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:11 AM
Crimson gives a tiny nod and takes a shuddering breath before speaking in a tiny, quavering voice.
"It's the soul of my old mother."

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:13 AM
Blink blink.
Silence.
A bit more blinking.
Shame those glasses get in the way of seeing that.

Yeah, Irene is pretty speechless right now, so... doesn't say anything.

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:15 AM
Crimson doesn't say any more, closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around herself, the steel bracelet shining dully on her wrist.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:17 AM
"I'm sorry, I..." am really confused right now.

She'll move over, sitting next to Crimson and try to hug her again. "I didn't know."

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:20 AM
"My... new mother told me that is the way life is. She gave me the bracelet to remind me."
Crimson says, finishing the explanation quietly as she leans into Irene.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:22 AM
"I see." More comfort hugs.

This family situation was growing more complicated by the second.

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:26 AM
Crimson sniffles a little and hugs Irene back, accepting the warmth of the hug. Irene will notice that she's a bit colder than someone might normally be- not that she's chill and clammy like undead, or even substantially lacking in body warmth... just that she feels a bit cool, perhaps as if she had been outside too long.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:28 AM
Hmm... well, pretty much everything about this girl was odd, why not her body temperature too?

Irene pets Crimson's hair some. "Hey, are you cold? We could get you in bed or by a fire or something if you are."

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:31 AM
"Fire would be nice."
Says Crimson, looking at Irene with hope in her eyes.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:34 AM
"Alright." She'll lead Crimson back into the great room over by the fireplace and works on getting it going.

"That good Scarlet?"

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:36 AM
Crimson nods and leans towards the fire, watching it as if she were enchanted by it, or perhaps hypnotized.
"We weren't allowed fire at home."

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:38 AM
Irene tries to put her hand on Crimson's back and rub it.

"Well, we can get a fire going here anytime you want. Usually a little late in the year for it, but sometimes it's still nice. You want hot chocolate or something?"

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:40 AM
"Hot chocolate...?"
Crimson looks confused. Apparently she's unfamiliar with it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:41 AM
"It's a drink. Hold up, I'll get it for you and you can see for yourself." Irene heads into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate.

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:43 AM
Crimson watches her go, and then turns her attention to the necklace around her neck, which she gently clasps in one hand, staring down at it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:46 AM
*ding*
"It's ready!"

Irene comes back out of the kitchen with two mugs of hot chocolate, each with a small number of marshmallows in them. She'll hand one to Crimson. "Careful. They call it hot for a reason. Don't scald yourself."

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:48 AM
Crimson takes note of the caution and waits a little before drinking a bit of the chocolate, at which point she smiles, relaxing more in front of the fireplace.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:50 AM
Irene smiles at seeing Crimson smile and takes a drink herself. "Good huh?"

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:51 AM
"Mmhm. It tastes good."
She says this with a little bit of surprise.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:53 AM
Irene raises an eyebrow. "Well... yeah, guess it does. Doesn't smell too bad either." Odd Crimson is odd.

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:55 AM
If Crimson hasn't realized that some food tastes good yet, then it would certainly explain how she has remained so slim.
"Yeah..."
Crimson tries to hide a yawn.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 12:57 AM
"You tired, huh? It's been a long day hasn't it?" Irene will wait until Crimson finishes with her hot chocolate before trying to get her to go to bed.

AmberVael
2009-04-29, 12:59 AM
Crimson nods, slowly finishing the hot chocolate before looking down into the cup a bit sadly, at which point she'll follow Irene's lead towards bed.

Reinholdt
2009-04-29, 01:00 AM
Irene laughs a little. "Don't worry. We can get more tomorrow, k?" She leads Crimson to her room. "You going to be ok by yourself?"