PDA

View Full Version : Something that always bothered me...

Darius1020
2009-04-27, 08:50 PM
Why didn't Durkon cast Disruption on Roy's sword the second time he went to fight Xykon? I mean, it seems like it would have been a good idea, the only reason it didn't work the first time was because Xykon destroyed Roy's sword. Someone's probably asked this before, but i'm just wondering...

Silverraptor
2009-04-27, 09:12 PM
Why didn't Durkon cast Disruption on Roy's sword the second time he went to fight Xykon? I mean, it seems like it would have been a good idea, the only reason it didn't work the first time was because Xykon destroyed Roy's sword. Someone's probably asked this before, but i'm just wondering...

Because they weren't expecting Xykon to suddently attack in the beginning of the battle. Durkon probably prepared his spells to fight hordes of Hob-Goblins instead. Plus, Disruption only lasts a few minutes, quite a waste in a war that could last days.

liooil2000
2009-04-27, 09:14 PM
Also, the starmetal makes the sword hazardous to undead. Durkon didn't need to cast disruption.

Silverraptor
2009-04-27, 09:17 PM
Also, the starmetal makes the sword hazardous to undead. Durkon didn't need to cast disruption.

And this too.

Darius1020
2009-04-27, 09:20 PM
ok, that makes sense, but i still think it couldn't have hurt to have had the spell prepared, i mean, he knew they were gonna face Xykon...

but what evs

Zevox
2009-04-27, 09:52 PM
Also, the spell could never affect Xykon to begin with. Only undead with an HD equal to or less than the caster's caster level are affected by the Disrupting Weapon spell. Xykon is epic level, Durkon is not - simple math therefore says the spell was never a threat to him.

Zevox

Roderick_BR
2009-04-27, 11:55 PM
ok, that makes sense, but i still think it couldn't have hurt to have had the spell prepared, i mean, he knew they were gonna face Xykon...

but what evs
Maybe he did. He just didn't have a chance to use it, since he was busy in the battle, and Roy went directly to fight Xykon.

Tass
2009-04-28, 04:01 AM
Also, the spell could never affect Xykon to begin with. Only undead with an HD equal to or less than the caster's caster level are affected by the Disrupting Weapon spell. Xykon is epic level, Durkon is not - simple math therefore says the spell was never a threat to him.

Zevox

And to forestall the next question: The reason they did cast it the first time was that they were not properly prepared and didn't know quite how powerfull Xykon was. (And the goblin teenager obviously didn't know that it wouldn't be effective because the heroes thought it would be)