PDA

View Full Version : awesome foods!

reorith
2009-04-27, 08:57 PM
so on a whim, i purchased a small crock of marmite for five bucks from the international food aisle. it is possibly the most delicious thing i've ever tasted.

now the question is, what in your opinion is the most awesome food ever?

Mauve Shirt
2009-04-27, 08:58 PM
I just created a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. It was fantastic!

HeavySleeper
2009-04-27, 09:42 PM
Chocolate. No question.

golentan
2009-04-27, 09:52 PM
Most of the local food is too bland for me. I find I can get something that satisfies my palate with: 16 parts Lime juice, 2 parts honey, 2 parts basil, 2 parts piperine, and 1 part turpentine. (Note, I do not condone this mixture for any earth natives).

I also enjoy great gobs of nori with lemon or grapefruit. And tea is enjoyable, as is coffee. Though the caffeine seems to get me higher than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide in a tornado.

wxdruid
2009-04-27, 09:56 PM
I agree with HeavySleeper...

Chocolate for me, especially dark chocolate.

Hell Puppi
2009-04-27, 09:57 PM
Hummus with warm pita bread.
Nom.

...yeah I like simple things.

Xallace
2009-04-27, 10:02 PM
Trifle. Berry Trifle.

Fruits are awesome.

Ego Slayer
2009-04-27, 10:10 PM
Mmm, hummus is soo good.

There are seriously far too many things I enjoy to know where to start. Fresh pesto with fettuccine and tomatoes is pretty high on the list, though. *drools* Some days even ramen and a handful of mixed frozen vegetables is good, though. xD Lols...

Though the caffeine seems to get me higher than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide in a tornado.
I admit, this made me giggle whilst I was in mid-sip of my glass of milk and I almost choked. :smalltongue:

zeratul
2009-04-27, 10:17 PM
There's too many amazing foods for me to choose just one. But I will say that Vietnamese food, Thai food, taco soup, guacamole, Italian stuff, good BBQ, and hummus are all things which contain copious amounts of win.

Nano
2009-04-27, 10:20 PM
I eat pasta almost religiously. With spicy Italian tomatoes and sauce... mmm.

SilentNight
2009-04-28, 12:13 AM
Pie of all sorts, cereal, toast. The list goes on.

SurlySeraph
2009-04-28, 12:16 AM
Fact: anyone who dislikes burgers is a Communist.
And anyone who dislikes pancakes with maple syrup is a double Communist.

@V: Nah, Canada's basically America, except colder, and boring, and with more moose.

golentan
2009-04-28, 12:56 AM
Fact: anyone who dislikes burgers is a Communist.
And anyone who dislikes pancakes with maple syrup is a double Communist.

Except Maple Syrup is from Canada. And everyone knows that All Canadians Are Communist.

Unless it's from Vermont. Bernie Sanders admits to be communist.

MMMM.... Delicious communism.

InaVegt
2009-04-28, 03:32 AM
A wine made out of the blood of a virgin, extracted on friday the thirteenth during a full moon.

Exeson
2009-04-28, 03:45 AM
Toasted white bread with butter, Golden syrup and mature cheddar cheese. Divine.

Also: Pork chops, seasoned with some salt and pepper and then whilst they are frying soak them in a sauce of ground up fennel seeds, oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and if you feel like it coriander.

My own little invention that, very nice.

Dogmantra
2009-04-28, 03:57 AM
I eat pasta almost religiously. With spicy Italian tomatoes and sauce... mmm.

YOU HERETIC! The only thing you can have on pasta is cheese!

Delicious pasta, with cheese, and a nice cup of tea to drink.

That or a Chicken Tikka Masala...

Vizen
2009-04-28, 04:29 AM
Mmm...Almost every day of the week I stop by the bakery for a Steak and Mushroom pie. They know me well in there.

dagaarn
2009-04-28, 04:41 AM
Agreed to pretty much everything mentioned in this thread...
Especially noting Dark Chocolate, Burgers and Steak and Mushroom Pie...

I also like peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and cheese on toast then grilled...

Athaniar
2009-04-28, 04:57 AM
Pasta is awesome and comes in many shapes (I'm particularly fond of tortellini). Another (kinda unusual) food I like very much (but rarely get the chance to eat) is lángos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Langos.JPG). It's basically pizza with a bread like french fries. Oh, and that's my picture, by the way. That one was eaten not long after it was immortalized. As a spice, garlic is good for mostly anything. Garlic bread is wondrous.

When it comes to dessert, it's chocolate all the way. Thank you, aztecs.

Tamburlaine
2009-04-28, 05:03 AM
Peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Raspberry jam, crunchy peanut butter. Delicious.

Narkis
2009-04-28, 08:56 AM
I'd say it's a tossup between souvlaki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souvlaki), gyros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyros) and dolmades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolmas), and their variants. Pizza also comes real close.

Mephibosheth
2009-04-28, 09:58 AM
A good Hyderabadi biryani (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biryani) is the most amazing dish I have ever tasted. Veg, chicken, or mutton. It doesn't matter, they're all fantastic.

Felixaar
2009-04-28, 10:13 AM
Ahhh! Since I don't yet have a fridge in my new apartment, I haven't eaten anything but instant noodles in a week! As soon as I get the fridge this saturday, I'm cooking up a big pan of vegetable burritos.

I miss vegetables!

...What the hell is wrong with me?

Ego Slayer
2009-04-28, 11:09 AM
gyros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyros)
*squee* Gyros are definitely one of the most awesome things ever. I haven't had them in soo long. o.o

I miss vegetables!

Freak. :smallwink:

thubby
2009-04-28, 11:40 AM
barbecue bacon cheddar cheeseburger. *drools*

dagaarn
2009-04-28, 11:51 AM
I miss vegetables!

Nothing, go live in Poland for a few months where all they have is meat, cabbage and mashed potato...

Craving a salad something fierce...

Deathslayer7
2009-04-28, 01:57 PM
Yes. Come to Poland. I'll show you all my 36 cousins who live there. :smallbiggrin:

As for food

spam musubi = win

Zocelot
2009-04-28, 06:25 PM
It depends on the occasion. Party food like chips or pizza is best at parties, fancy dinner food is best at fancy dinners.

Overall though, my favorite food would be eating peanut butter straight out of the jar.

Canadian
2009-04-28, 08:54 PM
Foie Gras! Mmm....

reorith
2009-04-28, 08:58 PM
Foie Gras! Mmm....

do you know how foie gras is made? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32815SIgq1A)

blah blah blah not for the squeamish.

Recaiden
2009-04-28, 09:14 PM
A wine made out of the blood of a virgin, extracted on friday the thirteenth during a full moon.

It depends on how healthy they are.

I'd have to say either salt or pomegranates.

golentan
2009-04-28, 09:53 PM
do you know how foie gras is made? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32815SIgq1A)

blah blah blah not for the squeamish.

Not as gross as blutwurst. Both are tasty. Foie Gras is worse on an empathetic level, blutwurst on a visceral "oh, that is gross" level. At least for me.

Canadian
2009-05-01, 10:53 AM
Foie is awesome. I like it done in the pan. Terrine is way too rich for more than a small taste. I know where foie comes from and I don't care. It tastes good. It's no more cruel than all other factory farming. In fact I like free range foie best. Free range organic geese get treated a million times better than the cows that end up in your cheap Mc burgers.

reorith
2009-05-01, 11:42 AM
Foie is awesome. I like it done in the pan. Terrine is way too rich for more than a small taste. I know where foie comes from and I don't care. It tastes good. It's no more cruel than all other factory farming. In fact I like free range foie best. Free range organic geese get treated a million times better than the cows that end up in your cheap Mc burgers.

my cheap mc burgers? cool generalization, bro.

:smallsigh: obligatory-declaration-of-unjustified-vegan-based-moral-superiority.

i guess it just seems like one of those wtf foods.

guy 1: what's this stuff?
guy 2: fatted goose liver. it is supposed to be good for you!
guy 1: lets get mikey!
guy 2: he won't eat it. he hates everything.
guy 1: he likes it!

Illiterate Scribe
2009-05-01, 05:57 PM
Capers, handfuls of coriander, and wine vinegar swigged neat from the bottle.

Assassin89
2009-05-01, 06:13 PM
I have eaten ramen, and not the instant stuff, but the actual noodles. Korean Barbecue is also good. I once ate some oxtail soup made by my A-ma.

Thajocoth
2009-05-01, 06:38 PM
For one week, as a promotion, a 7-Eleven near me was selling coffee flavored Kit-Kats. It was perfection. There was a whole line of coffee flavored Hershey's brand chocolate items. The Kit-Kats were the best. Probably a good thing it was only a 1-week promotion and they never made them a permanent product. Kinda a weird decision though, as it would've made Hershey's filthy rich.

Of still existing products, a Baskin-Robbins two scoop sundae: 1 scoop Jamoca Coffee, hot fudge, 1 scoop Chocolate Fudge, whipped cream. (No cherry.) Unfortunately, the Baskin-Robbins near me is consistently out of anything remotely chocolatey. No hot fudge or any remotely cholate flavored ice cream.

Of what I can get... Starbucks' Old Fashioned Chocolate Donut. I usually have this with a Mocha or a No-Whip Mocha Frappuccino.

After that is Milk. Yep... Just plain Milk.

Canadian
2009-05-01, 07:32 PM
What's really good is when you render a whole bunch of foie and add a bunch of butter to it and deep fry french fries in it. Uhhhh... Sooooo Goood...

Jorkens
2009-05-07, 04:50 PM
Halloumi is quite awesome.

As is Yorkshire Pudding.