PDA

View Full Version : A Fitting End for Crystal (NOT a debate topic!)

JJ48
2009-04-28, 01:15 PM
I think I've noticed something that has kind of been overlooked amidst all the debates as to whether Haley killing Crystal was evil/smart/justified/whatever. Earlier in the series, Crystal remarks, "Eww. Why would anyone want to watch Starshine take a bath?" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0580.html) I cannot help but think that this makes it all the more fitting that when Haley attacks Crystal, it's after the latter has just stepped out of the shower.

Kaytara
2009-04-28, 02:13 PM
I actually thought it was fitting/ironic for another reason. After the pickle incident, Crystal searches for Haley, hears her in the bathroom, and mocks her about how she shouldn't expect it to protect her. That is, she shouldn't expect Crystal to be honourable enough not to attack her there.

A reversal of roles, see?

JJ48
2009-04-28, 02:22 PM
Ooh, you're right. I hadn't even noticed that. I guess the only way the "fresh out of the shower" death could have been MORE fitting is if Crystal had just been with a group of young adults being attacked by horrific monsters, just before she went off, alone, to take a shower.

Oh, wait, the flesh/bone golems...