PDA

View Full Version : Craft Psionic Seal question

Asheram
2009-04-28, 02:33 PM
Just throwing a little question out into the forum ocean.

Craft Psionic Seal from Lords of madness, (p69)

Is there a true Arcane and divine equivalent to this crafting feat?
Since as now, you've got to have innate psionic powers equivalent of manifesterlevel 7.

I know it can be homebrewed, but since I'm playing with a couple of RAW facists. *glares at the other in the group* I'm wondering if there's anything equivalent, or atleast coming close.

newbDM
2009-04-28, 03:03 PM
Wait, a psionic crafting feat I had not been aware of?!

I am both surprised and ashamed...

Asheram
2009-04-28, 03:07 PM
Really wonderful feat, It makes you able to craft "usable seals" that contain psionic or arcane spells which activates on proximity or use.

On one hand, it's like you inscribed a potion on something.

On the other, It's like you're crafting an "explosive runes" trap.

The thing that bugs me is again that you have to have good psionic abilities to get it, and that you can't make seals out of divine spells. :S

newbDM
2009-04-28, 03:13 PM
Really wonderful feat, It makes you able to craft "usable seals" that contain psionic or arcane spells which activates on proximity or use.

On one hand, it's like you inscribed a potion on something.

On the other, It's like you're crafting an "explosive runes" trap.

The thing that bugs me is again that you have to have good psionic abilities to get it, and that you can't make seals out of divine spells. :S

Thanks for the information!

It reminds me a bit of Craft Psionic Tattoo, though. And no offense, but I hope there is not an equivalent, since we psionicists have so few unique options as is. :smallfrown:

Asheram
2009-04-28, 03:19 PM
Bugger it, you're right. I thought Scribe tattoo were just an equivalent of potions, but you can tattoo offensive spells too?

Starbuck_II
2009-04-28, 03:50 PM
Just throwing a little question out into the forum ocean.

Craft Psionic Seal from Lords of madness, (p69)

Is there a true Arcane and divine equivalent to this crafting feat?
Since as now, you've got to have innate psionic powers equivalent of manifesterlevel 7.

I know it can be homebrewed, but since I'm playing with a couple of RAW facists. *glares at the other in the group* I'm wondering if there's anything equivalent, or atleast coming close.

It is based on psionic creatures: Mindflayers so that would make no sense for an full arcane/divine version.

That said, read the text closely:
A creature can cast or manifest any arcane spell or psionic power it has access to as a psionic seal.

So arcane caster who are multi-classed with psionics can use/take the feat.

Asheram
2009-04-28, 03:55 PM
True. I've read it back and fourth a few times... 'sighs*
The thing is that I'm dying to use that feat, or an equivalent on a Artificer.

Imagine "The grand tome of Buffs." as you can cast spell on singular pages in a book.

The Glyphstone
2009-04-28, 04:15 PM
Craft Contingent Spell is the closest analogue I can think of, but it's not really accurate.

newbDM
2009-04-28, 08:34 PM
True. I've read it back and fourth a few times... 'sighs*
The thing is that I'm dying to use that feat, or an equivalent on a Artificer.

Imagine "The grand tome of Buffs." as you can cast spell on singular pages in a book.

Psi-Artificer?