PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Girl

EENick
2009-04-28, 03:22 PM
I noticed a couple of people wanted to talk about this when I brough it up in another thread so I thought I would open a new thread for it.

Zebra Girl, thankfully is sloooowly updating again but I really think they need to get to the end of the current story arc. I am really not enjoying how dark the current story arc is. At least for me slow updates work much better if there is a laugh at the end of the page rather then an endless drip of dark drama.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-05-01, 11:36 PM
I noticed a couple of people wanted to talk about this when I brough it up in another thread so I thought I would open a new thread for it.

Zebra Girl, thankfully is sloooowly updating again but I really think they need to get to the end of the current story arc. I am really not enjoying how dark the current story arc is. At least for me slow updates work much better if there is a laugh at the end of the page rather then an endless drip of dark drama.
"Dark," isn't the word I'd use. Sandra just annoys me and I have trouble taking her seriously. It gets annoying to see her strut her machismo and her pointless emo tantrums. She has a lot of power, but has done absolutely nothing to earn it.

Contrast this with Jack, who gets what is easily the best story, and is the heroic underdog type to boot. He's an excellent example of the wise-fool archetype. Plus, he gets all the spiffy graphical effects. I love that plaid reality warp that he does.

If it were merely a question of who would win in a serious fight: Jack. The key difference is that he chooses not to.

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-05-02, 01:06 AM
"Dark," isn't the word I'd use. Sandra just annoys me and I have trouble taking her seriously. It gets annoying to see her strut her machismo and her pointless emo tantrums. She has a lot of power, but has done absolutely nothing to earn it.

Absolutely. I really hope Sandra gets some sense beaten into her. Metaphorically or literally, like Crystal seems to be doing. I´m really not sold on this whole Sandra-as-a-villain dealie :smallconfused:

Still, glad updates are happening at a reasonable pace again :smallsmile:

High-Chancellor
2009-05-02, 01:32 PM
I do feel bad for Sandra, it's a huge life altering thing she never asked for, and is coping with it rather horribly.

I also feel bad for broadshoulders for that matter... I want him to escape and start mattering again somehow.

I also want to see more of that Mike guy. Or whatever his name was. He always had an interesting effect on Sandra... I'd like to see how her demonic shadow is affecting him.

I think Sandra vs Jack is almost kinda like the Superman vs Batman thing. Only with a superman who doesn't know how to handle having all his power, and a batman that's not completely infallible. I think Jack COULD win in a serious fight, but he'd need a lot of prep time to be able to hurt sandra at all.

The analogy breaks down where I don't think he would need that prep time just to keep from being hurt. He's got kung fu of wizardry going on here. Di he make a second ascension? I don't remember...

LurkerInPlayground
2009-05-02, 11:02 PM
I think Sandra vs Jack is almost kinda like the Superman vs Batman thing. Only with a superman who doesn't know how to handle having all his power, and a batman that's not completely infallible. I think Jack COULD win in a serious fight, but he'd need a lot of prep time to be able to hurt sandra at all.
Or he could simply banish her. This would work completely at cross-purposes with his character and motivation.

Basically, Jack only seems weak before Sandra. The truth of the matter is that he's in a position of responsibility over her.

High-Chancellor
2009-05-03, 12:01 AM
I wonder if he could simply banish her off hand.

Not that I disagree that it's entirely a responsibility issue with him, and that he could probably deal with her easier if he wasn't trying to fix her, but her having a soul of her own seems to throw a wrench into most conventional demon methods.

EENick
2009-05-05, 03:29 PM
I think its pretty clear that Jack already took his best shot at Sandra and came up short. I agree Jack is holding back but then again so is Sandra.

Don't forget Sandra's powers seem to be on the rise too. Before this current story arc I didn't think she would be able to mess with people's minds the way she did to get out of Jack's trap.

I'm not saying Jack would loose if they both went all out...I'm just not convinced he is really more powerful the Sandra is.

IMO I see this more as kind of a Green Latern fight then a Superman/Batman fight, as it a contest of power, will, fear and imagination on both sides.

I'm kind of currious though why Jack hasn't asked for some help from the net though. Surely a group of mages together could bring Sandra down.