Hit Dice: ˝ d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: None
Full Attack: None
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Fire Lick (1d2 Fire Damage)
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Scent, Fire Immunity
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 1,Wis 8,Cha 16
Skills: Jump +15
Feats: Athletic, Skill Focus (Jump)
Environment: Temperate zones
Organization: Generally Domesticated
Challenge Rating: Ľ
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

A Fire Puppy is the byproduct of years of research and magical advancement in breeding.

Originally the project was started by a Fire Genaasi Wizard who wanted a pet for his daughter. Unfortunately for him, she wanted a puppy. Living on the Elemental Plane of Fire would prove problematic to this, and so he dived into the books.

After several months of research and experimentation (And several years of nagging) he completed his project, by creating a new race of true breeding animals, the Fire Puppy.

Stupid, loyal, and cute, they are everything he hoped for, including immune to fire.

Combat:
A Fire Puppy knows nothing of combat. If it believes it is in danger it will either roll over, or try and lick the person/monster who is threatening it. Very rarely will a Fire Puppy become angry, but when it does it will normally run around chasing its tail until it passes out from dizziness.

Special Qualities:

Fire Immunity: A Fire Puppy is immune to fire in all its forms due to the specific genetic engineering of their creator.

Fire Lick: A Fire Puppy has one method of dealing damage, its flaming tongue. When it licks an opponent it can deal a small amount of Fire Damage. Whilst many a housepet has been accidentally killed by the over-exuberance of the Fire Puppy, it is really not threatening to your average adventurer.

To lick you a Fire Puppy must be in your square, and as long as it is, it automatically hits with its lick.

Jump: All Puppies love to bounce, and the Fire Puppy is no exception. They receive a +8 racial bonus to their jump checks, their jump skill runs off their dexterity, and they can always take 10 on a jump.

Well, there's the fire puppy. Hope you all enjoy it!

Oh, and they can be selected as a Wizard's Familiar if he wishes. It grants him +3 to his jump skill.

PhoeKun
2006-06-21, 03:00 AM
This is a work of beauty. I love it.

So many possibilities...

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-21, 03:01 AM
So...very...cute...

It's like a clown threw up a rainbow in my brain.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9849/11469602341567sw.jpg

Maryring
2006-06-21, 03:57 AM
So your brain is a toilet. Finally my suspicions are confirmed. ;) ;D

Anyway, I like it Rei Jin. You have made a very cute monster there.

Peregrine
2006-06-21, 04:30 AM
So, wait. This wizard bred a race of puppies? Not dogs who are puppies when they're young, but actual lifelong puppies?

That... is awesome.

alec
2006-06-21, 04:59 AM
That is so awesome. I want one.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-06-21, 07:41 AM
So, wait. This wizard bred a race of puppies? Not dogs who are puppies when they're young, but actual lifelong puppies?

I didn't even get that part. Now I have to find the idea of a true-breeding creature that stays forever an infant vaguely disturbing... but it is such a cute puppy.

bosssmiley
2006-06-21, 08:00 AM
Needs a "Flaming Puddle on the Carpet" SQ, other than that gj. ;D

Vaynor
2006-06-21, 08:26 AM
"Aaaaaahhh! They're licking me! Oh, please! Stop the horrible licking! *dies*"

Hoseki
2006-06-21, 08:36 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

PUPPIEEEEES!

InaVegt
2006-06-21, 08:37 AM
Did I hear Puppies? Fear not citizens for the dog killer is here.

*starts shooting all the puppies with a machine gun before chainlightning them*

Dhavaer
2006-06-21, 08:39 AM
I dislike the concept of an animal that cannot be cooked.
Or do they lose their fire immunity when they die?

Also, could they have a Con of 9? I'd like them to be vulnerable to Terminate.

Don Beegles
2006-06-21, 08:43 AM
What, take that back Gezina, before I get out my infidel beating stick, and we start a Fire Puppy Crusade on yo ass.

InaVegt
2006-06-21, 08:45 AM
With 8716589675105 divine ranks and CL 856767858 I'm not afraid of you

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-21, 09:14 AM
Everything's better with puppies! ;D

Mephibosheth
2006-06-21, 09:26 AM
Imagine, a fire puppy SWARM!! How awesome would that be?

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-21, 09:42 AM
Very well, then. I have to officially request a Kitten Swarm, a Frost Kitten, and a Frost Kitten Swarm.

You know, just to balance out the Petamental and Elemental energies being bandied around here.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-21, 10:26 AM
I think kitten-and-puppy based monsters are the future.

bosssmiley
2006-06-21, 11:43 AM
That's just crazy talk Shhalahr Windrider! I have to stop you before this madness spreads across the boards like a plague of blazing elemental mice (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14018473/) through a field of harmless corn.

If we have frost kittens we'll need other equally cutesy elemental beasties too. Like earth bunnies and air...errr...guinea-pigs. ???

Where would the insanity you wish to unleash upon us end? Is the world *really* ready for "The Cuddly Manual" (abbrev. TCM)? Although a D&D book illustrated by Ursula Vernon would be teh roxxorz! ;D

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-21, 12:01 PM
If we have frost kittens we'll need other equally cutesy elemental beasties too. Like earth bunnies and air...errr...guinea-pigs.
Not exactly earth bunnies, but...

Dust Bunnies! ;D

Entertainer13
2006-06-21, 12:03 PM
Dust bunnies need to be a swarm creature. :D

chionophile
2006-06-21, 12:07 PM
I think someone needs to come up with a campaign where every monster is adorable, and maybe all the characters (PCs included) are under the age of 3.

Cutest campaign ever.

BelkarsDagger
2006-06-21, 12:15 PM
That is so awesome. I want one.

I second that notion! Especially since they dont even get angry... they just chase their tail until they pass out >.>

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-21, 12:27 PM
I think someone needs to come up with a campaign where every monster is adorable, and maybe all the characters (PCs included) are under the age of 3.

Cutest campaign ever.

I...I must...

This is going to distract me from my carebear campaign. :P

Freiheit
2006-06-21, 01:16 PM
...but what do the TASTE like?

aoshi961
2006-06-21, 01:20 PM
Tastes like adorable!

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-21, 02:45 PM

Cutest campaign ever.

You asked for it.
Remember that when the time comes.

Rei_Jin
2006-06-21, 09:23 PM
I remember the WoTC Aprils Fools Joke this year, does anyone else?

They were talking about a "My Little Pony" setting and set of books for D&D.

Sad thing is, it probably would have sold really well.

Uber_Nerd
2006-06-21, 11:47 PM
Thog like puppies.

nailohi8
2006-06-25, 06:54 PM
What about my demon kittys?

(It's spelled like that on purpose.)

Mike_Lemmer
2006-06-25, 10:01 PM
Nah, with their summoning abilities, the demon's cute mascot would have to be bunnies.

Demon Bunnies
Strategy: Summon more & more demon bunnies until opponents suffocate under ten feet of sooty fur.

Kitties would be more suited for lightning. If you rub them in the carpet long enough, they puff up and shoot lightning bolts.

Single Shot Zombie
2006-06-28, 09:58 AM
Bunnies? How about Killer Vorpal Bunnies?

AmberVael
2006-06-28, 12:56 PM
NO! No more MONTY PYTHON KILLER RABBITS! The idea was good and funny, and then people took and bashed its brains out with a stick.
Sorry, I get a little worked up over that.
Oh, and it should be
Demon Bunny
Devil Kitten
Demons are chaotic (mass bunny infestation of doom)
while kittens are plotting cutefully to take over the world, right after this next nap.

TheThan
2006-06-28, 08:12 PM
Reminds me of the aliens from Excel Saga…

Akivara
2006-06-29, 07:54 AM
What, you mean like a Growlithe? It's a Fire type, and it's known as the Puppy Pokémon.... Except Growlithe's got fire breath attacks and no lick attack, and actually grows up (into Arcanine). Some differences then. :D

tgva8889
2006-06-29, 08:00 AM
Yeah, it grows up, when you touch some weird stone with a flame symbol to it. Stupid pokemon universe.

Heh heh...sick your fire puppy on the Treant. See what kind of reaction THAT gets you. Or better yet, show it to your druid. Heh heh.

Spasticteapot
2006-08-13, 01:52 AM
Yeah, it grows up, when you touch some weird stone with a flame symbol to it. Stupid pokemon universe.

Heh heh...sick your fire puppy on the Treant. See what kind of reaction THAT gets you. Or better yet, show it to your druid. Heh heh.

Fire is a natural part of the rebirth of a forest.

In this case, it's an especially cute and fuzzy rebirth.

Elrosth
2006-08-13, 02:02 AM

Treant - "Oh god... it's peeing on me... OH GOD! IT PEES FLAME!!!"

squishycube
2006-08-13, 06:23 AM
Thread Necromancy? (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1133174351 )

Elrosth
2006-08-13, 06:39 AM
Actually, considering it's a month and a half for the cap, I believe it'd have to be the 15th for thread necromancy to apply. Last post was on June 29th. Jump a month to July 29th. Jump 15 days from then, and it'd be, what, like the 14th? It's close, but I think we're in the clear.

Besides... IT PEES FIRE!!!

squishycube
2006-08-13, 07:35 AM
Those rules are just that way because the Giant is very lawful with those things. The thread was on the third page at least and nothing useful was added. That's Thread Necromancy in *my* book.

Roland St. Jude
2006-08-13, 12:07 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread, last commented on on June 29, was on page ten, but I suppose it does come in under the month-and-a-half limit. The rule being conjunctive, as opposed to disjunctive, I'll allow it. But consider this a friendly reminder to avoid thread necromancy and vigilante modding.

Oh and it's going over to Homebrew.

Spasticteapot
2006-08-13, 12:32 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread, last commented on on June 29, was on page ten, but I suppose it does come in under the month-and-a-half limit. The rule being conjunctive, as opposed to disjunctive, I'll allow it. But consider this a friendly reminder to avoid thread necromancy and vigilante modding.

Oh and it's going over to Homebrew.

Oh, admit it. You just liked the cuteness factor.
Thanks for leaving the thread be-it's funny!

Sirelroka
2006-08-13, 04:53 PM
Roland is immune to cuteness...except when it comes to our own dog, who is clearly the.cutest.ever.

Eswyther
2006-08-13, 05:20 PM
I think I might try one of those. I can picture a super earth guinea pig...

I actually made a CR 3 Monty Python Killer bunny. My adventurers burnt it out. as well as the fields it was pestering...

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2006-08-13, 09:00 PM
What's cuter?

Fire Puppies, or Squisycube's vigalante-ness?

Frost Kittens should have a freeze rub.