PDA

View Full Version : Superpowered Rumble [Game Thread, Round 10]

GoC
2009-04-29, 02:23 AM
Night Surgeon kicked a door in, a mask, and a costume in his right hand. He looked over the small, acrid appartment.. Sad almost how some heroes were forced to live. Walking into the apartment, he stomped on a rat, pounding it into pulp underneath his powerful boot, he looked around for a second, tossing cans of old beans, and some other old canned goods before coming upon Selrach's room, he frowned underneath his thick mask, and placed the mask on the pillow, and the costume on the bed. As he did so, a booming voice, amplified from outside by some force, boomed throughout the apartment compound, a ringing developing in Night Surgeon's ears, a familiar voice filling his head.
The other "heroes" had gathered outside the complex, Bill having used some odd pre cog power to know that he would be there at this time, and they had decided that it was time for Night Surgeon to die.
[ Lamech From outside Selrach's apartment]
Surgeon! These are the REAL heroes, we know you're in there.
Night Surgeon swore silently underneath his mask, and began routing through the various, acrid smelling, chemicals that populated the hero formerly known as "Selrach"'s shelves, pulling out a container of Raid X, but deciding otherwise, and tossing it to the side as he said
"No! No!"
[ Happy From outside Selrach's apartment after taking the mega phone from Lamech]
"If there's anybody in there with you, send 'em out unharmed."
Night Surgeon continued to swear in every possible language he knew as he finnaly pulled out a bottle of vodka from the fridge, and poured it into a spary container."[/color]
"No! No, no, no, no! Got to move, got to get ready!"
[ Bill From outside Moloch's apartment, taking it from Happy] Come out and make this a nice, clean surrender.
Back in the apartment Night was digging through Selrach's drawers in the living room, flinging old oaken drawers in every direction, paper gently cresting to the floor as he continued to swear, his hand finally grasping around a steel zippo lighter that glinted oddly in the yellow light.
Walked right into it! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Never surrender.
[Lamech once more from outside the apartment, snatching it back from Bill]"Alright, I hope you're ready, hero."
Strapping the zippo to the spray contained, testing it with a gloved finger, a flicker of flame bursting from within it, he looks out from his mask at the assembled "heroes" below; his mask shifting to a jagged, wicked, smile as he said
"When you are."
http://leewochner.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/rorschach-flame-comic.jpg
Night Surgeon wins!
(we think)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/JLA25_solicit.png
Rules (http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=hero&mode=rules) and houserules:
1. Please PM actions to me as "Superhero rumble - Round X actions"
2. Rounds will be 48 hours long. 24 hours for giving in actions and then another 24 for post-round actions (Manifestation of the Cosmic Consciousness, Utlity belt, Batman Captions, Holy Exposition!). The default action if nothing is sent is to put all energy into defence. You can give yourself another one if you like. Unlike in the previous game this will be enforced. There are too many players to wait for everyone to send an action.
3. Teams are basically alliances. A team wins if there are no members from any other team in the game. You can spend energy to defend another member of your team.

Team List:
Team 1 (team dead):
-Shadowcaller, dead-Behold My True Form 5, Legion 18, Plastic Ooze 5
-D_Lord, dead
-Tired N' Drowzy, dead-Invisibility 18
Team 2 (team energy: 41):
-Selrahc, dead-Big hand of doing things! 4, High-Powered Energy Shield 4, Glue Shooter 4, Chaos Control 8, Manifestation of the Cosmic Consciousness 4. 1 protection tokens
-billtodamax, 41 Energy-Protection 50, Demon Worms 10. 4 protection tokens
-Murska, Dead-Battle Meditation 31. Battle meditation is at level 4
Team 3 (team energy: 68):
-Lamech, 67 Energy-Holy Exposition! 12, Internal Monolouge 13
-happyturtle, 1 Energy-Mind Reader 16, Hell's Heart 21
-Saint Nil, dead-Symbiotic field 21.
Team 4 (team energy: 102):
-Recaiden, dead-Batman Captions 7, Ressurection 6, Escalation 11
-Night Surgeon, 102 Energy-Fly 5, Utility Belt 5
-detrevnisisiht, dead-Blood Drain 31, Perfect Balance 21

Round 15 begins...

GoC
2009-04-29, 10:07 AM
==================Powers==================

Blood Drain: When using a standard attack you gain energy equal to half of the damage you deal. This cannot put you above your starting energy.

Invisibility: Burn 10 energy. All attacks enemies make against you this round deal no damage, and incur no negative effects.

Big hand of doing things!: Burn 10 Spend 10. You may use a copy of someone else's power this turn, however you still have to pay for it.

Mind reader: Spend 20. You may use this once every turn. You see how many points a player has put into offense and defense, but not how many is used on their powers.

Protection: You gain Power Strength/10 protection tokens. You can use a protection token after you find out how much damage you take, and can store that damage for later. When you use all protection tokens, you receive damage equal to the damage abosrbed by the tokens.

Fly: Spend Power Strength/2 energy (round up). You have a 50% chance of taking no damage this round.

High-Powered Energy Shield: Burn X. Add 10X to your Defense for this round.

Battle Meditation: Battle Meditation begins with a Power Strength of 1. Multiply all of your Attacks by Battle Meditation's Power strength. For every turn you do not Attack, add 1 to Battle Meditation's Power Strength.

Behold My True Form: Spend X, once per game: Add X/2 to your Energy.

Hell's Heart: An Attack of 80 is divided up amongst all opponents who dealt you damage on the round that you are defeated.

Symbiotic field: Each turn every hero who neither attacks you nor uses agressive powers on you gains three energy. Each turn every hero who does takes three unavoidable damage. If you attack a hero, that hero can not gain energy this turn from this power. Note: The effects of this power affect you, so you'll probably gain three energy a round.

Demon worms: When you die you can give 2X demon worms divided any way you choose among the other players. These are sidekicks with five energy each. X is the turns you have been in game, including the turn you died.

Glue Shooter: The last person to send in their actions every turn gets stuck in glue, and may not make any actions at all. The person who wins this power is immune.

Chaos Control: Burn 10. One of 6 random things happen to the targeted person
1. +20 hp, Must post actions publicly for next 3 turns
2. -20 hp
3. Defence Halved
4. 80 damage attack
5. Anyone involved in killing this person gains 20 hp.
6. Vanish for two turns. If this leaves only people from one team, that team has won.

Batman Captions: For each set of damage dealt to a Hero, you may shout a one-word sound effect that has not been shouted before in the game, to add 5 to that damage.

Holy Exposition!: At the end of each round you may shout a description of what's going on in the game to regenerate 3 energy. (Ex: "Great Scott! Murska's precognition allowed him to block my attack perfectly!")

Internal Monolouge: If you write a heroic, anti heroic, or villainous monolouge in the thread you gain 20 unburnable energy until your next turn. This can only be done once every turn.

Utlity belt: With this you're always ready for any action that comes your way. You know actions of 2 other players without their knowledge. These players must be choosen at the beginning of the game, and cannot be changed.

Legion: Spend all of your energy in total and create a side-kick named Legion with X*15 energy, where X is number of dead players in the game.
Legion can only spend its energy on attack but is immune to all damage, it have no special abilities. This side-kick is removed from the game once the player with this power dies.
This power can only be used once in the game.

Ressurection: Burn 10, Spend X, select a dead player, bring that player back to life with X/2 energy.
Once used the player needs to wait two rounds before being able to use this power again.

Escalation: Every time you are Attacked, you gain a cumulative +5 bonus to your Attacks versus that opponent.

Plastic Ooze: Spend 10. Any Hero who Attacked you this turn cannot Attack next turn.

Manifestation of the Cosmic Consciousness: During the Resolution Phase, you may add half this Power's Power Strength, rounded down, to either Defense or an Attack.

Perfect Balance: If you spend the same on Defence and an Attack, in any round, add 20 to each.
==================Portraits/Backstories==================

billtodamax/Beeman
http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/197/beeman_p8.gif
Tired N' Drowzy
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/TiredNDrowzy/VampireMan.png
Lamech
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/lamech_class_weapon/angelscan2-1.jpg
Selrahc/The Gambler
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/SelrahctheEternal/theGambler-727158-1.jpg
A pair of disembodied hands, continually shuffling cards. The entity known only as the Gambler rips chance and probability apart around it. Enemy attacks falter, they becoming rooted to the spot and then all hell breaks loose as chaos comes to call. A primal entity, empowered by the raw force of chaos the Gambler can be very hard to kill and his powers are theoretically without limit.
Shadowcaller
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/Shade_by_Ruskul-1.jpg
happyturtle
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Turtlewoman.png

Turtlewoman stands guard as the wildlife managers release the baby turtles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMjKKfKuMw) into the wild. Any villain who threatened her little shelled darlings would be in for trouble!
D_Lord
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/JasonDoomsblade/DLord.png
I may have a lack of powers in this battle, but I can still blast you all. That includes those turtles.

Lamech
2009-04-29, 11:54 AM
Its clearly supposed to be everyone!:smallwink:

Monolouge (Again): The world is under attack again. Luckly me and my trusty sidekicks are here to save it. But first tea and crumpets, then we smite some people.

Selrahc
2009-04-29, 01:35 PM
A question on the Glue Shooter.

Who does it effect? Is it pretty much guaranteed to immobilize those who act after the initial 24 hours? i.e. Cosmic Consciousness, Utility Belt, Mind Reader etc.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-29, 01:43 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/Shade_by_Ruskul-1.jpg

I got a fighter now.

GoC
2009-04-29, 01:55 PM
A question on the Glue Shooter.

Who does it effect? Is it pretty much guaranteed to immobilize those who act after the initial 24 hours? i.e. Cosmic Consciousness, Utility Belt, Mind Reader etc.

To make it fair I subtract 24 hours from the times of people who act in the second half.

Shadowcaller: Who's that?

Shadowcaller
2009-04-29, 01:57 PM
To make it fair I subtract 24 hours from the times of people who act in the second half.

Shadowcaller: Who's that?

No one, just some image I found on deviantart.

Saint Nil
2009-04-29, 02:15 PM

Monolouge (Again): The world is under attack again. Luckly me and my trusty sidekicks are here to save it. But first tea and crumpets, then we smite some people.
You better mean partners.:smallamused:

Lamech
2009-04-29, 02:46 PM
Huh... you're not supposed to here those.

<Note to self, get side- "partners" who can't read minds.>:smalltongue:

Fan
2009-04-29, 03:29 PM

Tsk, tsk Lamech. That's not a monolouge, that's a days plans.
THIS is how you do a internal monolouge.
Night Surgeon's Journal April 29th 2009:
Woke up this morning, acrid smell of smoke in the air, calm receptionist at the motel seemed angry with something today, possibly ex boy friend. Bought greasy, fattening, potato skins at the store of malcontents. As the day came to the close, and I stood in the fire light of my apartment, the heat sweltering, and I felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with smoke, thick with the scent of death, and God was not there.
:cool:

Selrahc
2009-04-29, 04:10 PM
Tsk, tsk Lamech. That's not a monolouge, that's a days plans.
THIS is how you do a internal monolouge.
Night Surgeon's Journal April 29th 2009:
Woke up this morning, acrid smell of smoke in the air, calm receptionist at the motel seemed angry with something today, possibly ex boy friend. Bought greasy, fattening, potato skins at the store of malcontents. As the day came to the close, and I stood in the fire light of my apartment, the heat sweltering, and I felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with smoke, thick with the scent of death, and God was not there.

Surely an *internal* monologue wouldn't be a journal entry? That would be an external monologue.

Fan
2009-04-29, 04:14 PM
Surely an *internal* monologue wouldn't be a journal entry? That would be an external monologue.

Well, I always thought that Rorshach's journal entries were internal monolouges of a sort... As he certainly isn't saying them out loud while he's sneaking through various places.

Selrahc
2009-04-29, 04:31 PM
No, he is writing them down after he stops sneaking, and we are shown it as a footnote and accompanier to his activities. The same way we get quotes from pirate books, and other random snippets of text pertinent to situations.

In fact throughout Watchmen, there isn't a single internal monologue as far as I can see.

happyturtle
2009-04-29, 04:37 PM
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Turtlewoman.png

Turtlewoman stands guard as the wildlife managers release the baby turtles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMjKKfKuMw) into the wild. Any villain who threatened her little shelled darlings would be in for trouble!

Fan
2009-04-29, 04:39 PM
No, he is writing them down after he stops sneaking, and we are shown it as a footnote and accompanier to his activities. The same way we get quotes from pirate books, and other random snippets of text pertinent to situations.

In fact throughout Watchmen, there isn't a single internal monologue as far as I can see.

Well, I kinda forgot that part, as I just figured they were happening internally as the stuff happened in the movie. >.>

D_Lord
2009-04-29, 11:00 PM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/JasonDoomsblade/DLord.png
I may have a lack of powers in this battle, but I can still blast you all. That includes those turtles.

GoC
2009-05-01, 03:21 PM
I've realized I have a large organizational problem caused by the various interactions between meta-powers and the deadlines.
EVERYONE must send actions during the first 24 hours. I will then post the results in this thread and those with after-action powers can then use them.
This round the "24 hours for giving in actions" are considered to have been 48 hours so there's still time for post-round actions once I've finished posting the preliminary results of this round.

Utlity belt is a problem. I must either create a third 24 hour phase for Night Surgeon and co. to get their actions in or I can have the PMs from his two chosen players resent to him with however little time he has left or I can simply ignore the "without their knowledge" section. None are very appealing and this round I went with option 2.

The new round post will be up in a few hours.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-01, 03:50 PM
Noooo!

I missed by such a slim deadline! :smallfrown:

Damn you, homework!

GoC
2009-05-01, 07:33 PM
Summary: Almost everyone attacks Murska and despite his teammates helping him he is beaten to within an inch of his life.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze (10) and defends for 62. He is not attacked and ends the round at 75 energy.
D_Lord attacks Murska for 60 and defends for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 103 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy defends for 82 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 85 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc burns 10 and spends 10 to copy the Protection power, he also defends Murska for 56. He is not attacked and ends the round at 69 energy.
billtodamax defends Murska for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 43 energy.
Murska defends for 69. He takes 24+60+31+10+47+19+42-(69+40+56)=68 damage and survives with 1 energy.:smallamused:
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Murska for 42 and defends for 53. He is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy (+3 for after-round action).
happyturtle attacks Murska for 10 and defends for 53. She is not attacked and ends the round at 66 energy.
Saint Nil attacks Murska for 19 and defends for 60. He is not attacked and ends the round at 82 energy.
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks Murska for 26+5 (POW!) and defends for 50. He is not attacked and ends the round at 79 energy.
Night Surgeon attacks Murska for 47, defends for 40 and flies (3). He is not attacked and ends the round at 93 energy.
detrevnisisiht attacks Murska for 24 and defends for 24. He is not attacked and ends the round at 51 energy.

Everyone (except Murska) gains three energy due to Saint Nil's Symbiotic Field.

Tired N' Drowzy: Don't complain:smalltongue:, I'm hosting this game instead of studying for the coming exams (and I have to get a far higher score than the passing grade or lose my scholarship). Had a difficult one yesterday.

billtodamax
2009-05-01, 07:48 PM
... You barstards.:smallyuk: That's pretty much what I'm going to say here. Everyone attacked Murska! Why!

happyturtle
2009-05-01, 07:51 PM
Cause we lurve him! :smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-01, 07:51 PM
... You barstards.:smallyuk: That's pretty much what I'm going to say here. Everyone attacked Murska! Why!

No one trusts Murska, thats all I got to say. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-05-01, 07:56 PM

Look at happyturtle's signature. And at Murska's.

Murska
2009-05-01, 08:15 PM
Okay... I'd say THAT is MASSIVE FREAKING GANKED. :smallbiggrin:

I might've lost this game, but you lost The Game and at least this is worthy of so much epic that I'm letting it slide.

EDIT: On behalf of the Starcraft community on GitP, where I've become known of my epic ways of saving my units with one HP left from impossible situations, I'd wish to present this:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/551/murskad.jpg (http://img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murskad.jpg)

GoC
2009-05-02, 07:33 AM
Selrahc uses Cosmic Consciousness to add two to the defence of Murska as a resolution phase action. Murska's energy is adjusted accordingly.

Lamech
2009-05-02, 07:59 AM
Exposition: Murska is slammed for massive damage, when everyone decided to attack him. Could it be a shadowy plot? Could it be Murska was just too scary? Also everyone gets stronger, except Murska. Lamech explains everything nicely for viewers who came in late.

Monolouge: Hurrah, one great backstabbing evil was almost vanquished! Maybe some of the other people aren't so evil after all. But its always best to smite just in case. And it appears only two innocent bystanders were caught in the cross-fire!:smallsmile:
It appears that my trickery did not go unnoticed... Sorry about that Murska

GoC
2009-05-04, 07:17 PM
Sorry about the delays. End of year exams and all.:smallfrown:

Summary: The lack of coordination among the teams means that nothing happens this round except light damage to detrevnisisiht.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller attacks detrevnisisiht for 10 and defends for 65. He is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy.
D_Lord attacks Saint Nil for 60 and defends for 43. He takes 3 damage from Saint Nil's Symbiotic Field and ends the round at 100 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks detrevnisisiht for 50 and defends for 35. He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends Murska for 39 and himself for 30. He is not attacked and ends the round at 72 energy.
billtodamax defends for 43 (no action sent). He takes 7-43=0 damage and ends the round at 46 energy.
Murska defends for 3. He takes 14+1-42=0 damage and ends the round at 6 energy.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks billtothemax for 7, Murska for 14 and defends for 80. He takes 29-80=0 damage and ends the round at 87 energy.
happyturtle attacks Murska for 1 and defends for 65. She is not attacked and ends the round at 69 energy.
Saint Nil defends for 82 (no action sent). He takes 60-82=0 damage and ends the round at 85 energy.
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks Lamech for 29(WHAM!) and defends for 50. He is not attacked and ends the round at 82 energy.
Night Surgeon flies (spends 3) and defends for 90. He is not attacked and ends the round at 96 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 51 (no action sent). He takes 60-51=9 damage and ends the round at 42 energy.

Everyone except D_Lord gains three energy due to Saint Nil's Symbiotic Field.

Saint Nil
2009-05-04, 07:23 PM
BUt D_Lord attacked me. Shouldn't he lose 3?

GoC
2009-05-04, 07:26 PM
BUt D_Lord attacked me. Shouldn't he lose 3?

Corrected. Let me know if there are other mistakes.

Fan
2009-05-04, 07:27 PM
Also, Fly doesn't burn it spends (wording there matters to me. >.>)

GoC
2009-05-04, 07:38 PM
Oops. Also detrevnisisiht doesn't take damage due to gaining 12 energy on round one in his attack on Murska.

I encourage everyone to double-check things as I'm rather tired. Apologies to all.:smallfrown:

GoC
2009-05-04, 07:45 PM
Ok. All corrections have been made.

Selrahc
2009-05-04, 08:00 PM
Murska defends for 3

Shouldn't that be 6? He ended last round on 3 after the cosmic defence, and then gained 3 to end the turn on 6. So now he should be on 9.

EDIT:

Oops. Also detrevnisisiht doesn't take damage due to gaining 12 energy on round one in his attack on Murska.

Blood drain doesn't take you above starting energy.

Lamech
2009-05-04, 11:16 PM
Exposition: D_Lord attempted to attack Saint Nil, but the Saints purity and Holiness burned at the vile lord. Recaiden was blocked by my wing. Neither of my sword strikes had any force behind them and were easily blocked. I think the narrator anticipated my explaining the round.

Monolouge: Everyone seems pretty much deadlocked at this junction. Now is the time to strike down the sinners, and purge the evil from the world. But first to rally my allies.:smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-05-05, 12:10 AM
Hehe. I would've attacked Murska too. But that's cause I know his battle plan. :smallamused:

Hmm. I might have to join the next one.

GoC
2009-05-05, 06:35 AM
Shouldn't that be 6? He ended last round on 3 after the cosmic defence, and then gained 3 to end the turn on 6. So now he should be on 9.
He didn't gain 3 due to this clause in the Symbiotic Field: "If you attack a hero, that hero can not gain energy this turn from this power."

Blood drain doesn't take you above starting energy.
Thank you. Guess I had it right the first time.

Selrahc
2009-05-05, 06:39 AM
He didn't gain 3 due to this clause in the Symbiotic Field: "If you attack a hero, that hero can not gain energy this turn from this power."

Ah right fair enough.

Also, Cosmic Consciousness 2 more damage onto Detrevnisisiht.

GoC
2009-05-05, 11:48 AM
Just remembered. Selrahc asked me a rules question so I thought I'd post the reply here:

Does the person with Battle Meditation have to be alive for the strength to continue to build?

All it says in the text is that for every turn the person with Battle Meditation doesn't attack, the strength increases. And a dead person is pretty good at not attacking.
Well...
I'm honestly not sure. Can you meditate in the afterlife?
I'll go with the literal interpretation. The strength will continue to build even if he's dead.

Keep this in mind.

happyturtle
2009-05-05, 11:58 AM
I am sad that broken rule interpretations only seem to happen for people who aren't me. :smallfrown:

GoC
2009-05-05, 12:12 PM
I am sad that broken rule interpretations only seem to happen for people who aren't me. :smallfrown:

It isn't really broken. Just be sure to kill him quickly if he pops up again. Or kill Selrahc before turn 10.

GoC
2009-05-07, 04:52 PM
Apologies for one day late. Difficult exam yesterday. Difficult exam tomorrow. I feel I was somewhat lacking in foresight when I decided I'd host the largest game so far exactly at exam time.:smalltongue:

Summary: The only thing that everyone seems to agree on is that Murska must die. Poor fellow. Recaiden continues his grudge against Lamech. Shadowcaller reveals his true face, dramatically increasing his power!

Team 1:
Shadowcaller reveals his true form! He is not attacked and ends the round at 120 energy.
D_Lord attacks Murska for 70, defends Shadowcaller for 5 and defends for 25. He is not attacked and ends the round at 103 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy Murska for 11, defends Shadowcaller for 50 and defends for 25. He is not attacked and ends the round at 91 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends for 72. He is not attacked and ends the round at 75 energy.
billtodamax defends for 46 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 49 energy.
Murska defends for 6. He takes 70+11+47+29+45+50-6=246 damage and goes to the heavenly realm to contemplate.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Murska for 47, and defends for 60. He takes 32-60=0 damage and ends the round at 90 energy.
happyturtle attacks Murska for 29 and defends for 40. She is not attacked and ends the round at 72 energy.
Saint Nil attacks Murska for 45 and defends for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks Lamech for 32(WHACK!) and defends for 50. He is not attacked and ends the round at 85 energy.
Night Surgeon attacks Murska for 50, flies 3 and defends for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 99 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 40 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 43 energy.

Everyone gains three energy due to Saint Nil's Symbiotic Field.

Already a pattern is forming. Team 1 is demonstrating some degree of teamwork. Team 2 is more or less a one-man team. Team 3 is well organized and led. Teams 4 isn't quite sure what it wants to do with individual members doing what they will.
The game so far seems low-key... Surprising.

Selrahc
2009-05-07, 06:11 PM
Murska defends for 6. He takes 70+11+47+29+45+50-6=246 damage and ends the round at 6 energy.

Much as I'd like that to be the case, I've a feeling that Murska ended up on -240 energy rather than 6.

GoC
2009-05-07, 06:15 PM
Much as I'd like that to be the case, I've a feeling that Murska ended up on -240 energy rather than 6.

You sure?:smallconfused:

You know, your glue has yet to see use.:smalltongue:

D_Lord
2009-05-07, 06:23 PM
Hahahhaha one down, 8 to go.

Selrahc
2009-05-07, 06:38 PM
You know, your glue has yet to see use.

Well I'll remind you about it when we get to a point where it would actually be useful.

Hahahhaha one down, 8 to go.

For now...I'm quite sure that this is the last we'll see of Murska. Certainly no chance of him being resurrected or anything.

Lamech
2009-05-07, 11:55 PM
Exposition: Everyone stormed Murska and completly crushed him. I had nothing to do with it this time. Recaiden seems to be poking away at me to little affect. Shadowcaller has revealed his true form and is now the most powerful person here.

Monolouge: SWEET! We got one! XP for everyone. Its a good thing that he'll never come back by any means. At all. Because that would be silly. ... Anyway... Now which evil doer to smite next?

Murska
2009-05-08, 05:49 PM
I'll be back... :smallcool:

GoC
2009-05-09, 10:43 PM
Summary: Almost everyone attacks Selrahc and he'll have to spend a protection token to survive. Tired N' Drowsy sneak attacks detrevnisisiht and does some damage. Saint Nil tries to deny everyone the ability to regenerate but in attacking Shadowcaller gets stuck in his ooze.:smallbiggrin: Looks like everyone will be regenerating next round.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze 10, attacks Selrahc 10 and defends for 100. He takes 1-100=0 damage and ends the round at 120 energy.
D_Lord attacks Selrahc for 100 and defends for 3. He takes 1-3=0 damage and and ends the round at 103 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks detrevnisisiht for 60 and defends for 31. He takes 1-31=0 damage and ends the round at 91 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc attacks Lamech for 75. He takes 10+100+23+42+1+35=211 damage but has the possibility to neutralze it.
billtodamax defends for 49 (no action sent). He takes 1-49=0 damage and ends the round at 49 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Selrahc for 23 and defends for 90. He takes 75-90=0 damage and ends the round at 96 energy.
happyturtle attacks Selrahc for 42 and defends for 30. She takes 1-30=0 damage and ends the round at 75 energy.
Saint Nil attacks Shadowcaller, D_Lord, Tired N' Drowzy, Selrahc, billtodamax, Recaiden, Night Surgeon and detrevnisisiht for 1 each and defends for 80. He is not attacked and ends the round at 91 energy. His attack on Shadowcaller triggers Plastic Ooze
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks Selrahc for 35(BANG!) and defends for 50. He takes 1-50=0 damage and ends the round at 85 energy.
Night Surgeon attacks thin air for 76, flies 3 and defends for 20. He takes 1-20=0 damage and ends the round at 99 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 43 (no action sent). He takes 61-49=12 damage and ends the round at 31 energy.

As usual let me know if there are any mistakes.

Lamech
2009-05-09, 11:15 PM
Okay... I interperted protection as the power protecting you, and the power ran on protection tokens. Not the power made protection tokens and those tokens functioned with out the power. I thought that the tokens were the fuel, not what did the protecting.

D_Lord
2009-05-10, 12:16 AM
Hiiihihihihihihihehehehe Looks like someone is going down, be it energy or a life.

Selrahc
2009-05-10, 04:17 AM
Well I'm obviously going to use a protection token.
Also, stab Detrevnisiht for another 2 points of damage with Cosmic Consciousness.

Okay... I interperted protection as the power protecting you, and the power ran on protection tokens. Not the power made protection tokens and those tokens functioned with out the power. I thought that the tokens were the fuel, not what did the protecting.

You thought I burned ten and spent ten just for the sheer hell of it?

GoC
2009-05-10, 05:32 AM

Check it out:

Protection: You gain Power Strength/10 protection tokens. You can use a protection token after you find out how much damage you take, and can store that damage for later. When you use all protection tokens, you receive damage equal to the damage abosrbed by the tokens.
It seems to me that the protection tokens do the protecting.

Why oh why don't people ask these sorts of questions before the game starts?:smallsigh:

Talic
2009-05-10, 06:16 AM
(peanut gallery thought: The power does the protecting, and spending a token is a cost. After the effect resolves, it then checks to see if you have any tokens remaining. If not? All the power is unleashed upon you.)

Selrahc
2009-05-10, 07:06 AM
Hey look, I asked this question back when I used the power, and was told that the tokens stayed in play, and could be used without the power.

If the power didn't work that way, I wouldn't have used it.

I was also told that I couldn't stack tokens, to essentially make myself invulnerable. So this isn't going to come up again.

In my view then, the ruling has been made and it's too late to change it regardless of how it *should* be. (Also, I think GoC is right)

happyturtle
2009-05-10, 07:14 AM
FWIW, the way the power is being used is how I understood it to work. But I'm relieved to know you can't stack tokens. :smallbiggrin:

But don't be so hard on us GoC... the only reason we don't ask all the questions before the game is because we don't think of all the questions until we see the powers in action.

GoC
2009-05-10, 11:46 AM
Thank you everyone for reminding me of my foolishness.:smallredface::smallsigh:

happyturtle
2009-05-10, 11:51 AM
We're all fools. You just have the distinction of being the most foolish since you volunteered to do all the hard work and put up with all our whining. :smallwink:

Selrahc
2009-05-10, 12:04 PM
Honestly GoC you've got no reason to be embarrassed. This is the biggest game of rumble on the forum by some margin, and you've run it very well so far IMO. :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2009-05-10, 12:10 PM
I made plenty more mistakes. The game is going well.

Lamech
2009-05-10, 01:34 PM
Exposition: Selhrac is swarmed, but apperantly protections are not fuel, but items unto themself. Detrevnisisiht is also smacked around a little bit. Lamech's keyboard power does not work on Selrahc, as it did so well against Murska.

Monolouge: Hmm... attacking Selrahc isn't highly effective, perhaps not as much effort should be focused at him. Perhaps their is a new growing threat that will unviel it self... wait not in a comic book. Nevermind this can have an ending; no corperate profits to create.

GoC
2009-05-12, 03:13 PM
I've just realized that there is one thermodynamics topic I forgot to revise for and the exam is tomorrow morning!:smalleek:
Update will have to wait til tomorrow. My humblest apologies but my scholarship is worth more than an on-time round.:smallredface::smalltongue:
Will try harder from now on.:smallsigh:

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-12, 06:17 PM
That's fine... RL happens.

And now, to entertain everyone for the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

GoC
2009-05-14, 02:50 PM
The new comic prevented me updating yesterday.

Summary: Selrahc, Lamech and happyturtle try and kill Recaiden and almost succeed, bringing him down to 19 energy. Team 1 betrays Team 3 and kills Saint Nil. Shadowcaller and happyturtle attack billtothemax doing some light damage.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze 10, attacks billtodamax 40 and defends for 70. He is not attacked and ends the round at 123 energy.
D_Lord attacks Saint Nil for 80 and defends for 23. He takes 3 damage from Saint Nil's power and and ends the round at 100 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks Saint Nil for 91. He takes 3 damage from Saint Nil's power and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc attacks Recaiden for 75. He is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy.
billtodamax defends for 49 (no action sent). He takes 40+20-49=11 damage and ends the round at 41 energy (or 52 energy if a protection token is used).
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Recaiden for 59 and defends for 60. He is not attacked and ends the round at 105 energy.
happyturtle attacks Recaiden for 20, billtothemax for 20 and defends for 35. She is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy.
Saint Nil defends Lamech for 60 and himself for 31. He takes 80+91-31=140 damage and dies.
Team 4:
Recaiden defends for 85 (no action sent). He takes 75+59+20-85=69 damage and ends the round at 19 energy.
Night Surgeon defends for 99 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 31 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 34 energy.

Everyone except D_Lord and Saint Nil gains three energy for the last time.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

btw: I delete my PMs every round so I can't remember...
I did say that Selrahc cannot copy the power of a dead player right?:smallconfused:

Lamech
2009-05-14, 03:21 PM
Exposition: The internet ate my first attempt. Team one has three strong members. Team 2 has a charging super weapon. Team three has two strong people, and team four is pretty much doomed. I'm not sure why people went after the inactive.

Monolouge: Hmm.. this is problematic. I'm surronded by people who are more powerful than my team. And one of my allies died. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Fan
2009-05-14, 03:39 PM
Pale Man walks up to Lamech, a look of calm determination on his face as he says "My team is doomed you say? I find your lack of faith... :raises hand, a powerful force contstricting lamech's heart: Disturbing."
Pale man then turned back to the moon lit night, gazing back into the pool of blood that was forming around Lamech's form... /Has no reflection on my actions, my teams actions, or anything in this game.

Recaiden
2009-05-14, 05:37 PM
Oh, they're on the same team. No wonder they wouldn't kill each other.

Lamech
2009-05-14, 06:27 PM
Yeah... she's on my team. Hence, our attempting to kill Recaiden. At FFfanboy. You kind of the most powerful person on your team right now. And your weaker than 2 of team one's people and the rests of your team combined is weaker than any other person. (excepting billtothemax, but he isn't playing) My team is almost as doomed.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 01:18 AM
I like to point out that Selrahc CAN'T copy level 8 battle meditation as some of you seem to belive.

Edit: Yes, I asked GoC about it.

Selrahc
2009-05-15, 04:59 AM
I did say that Selrahc cannot copy the power of a dead player right?:smallconfused:

Not to me. Oh dear, I really shouldn't have been trying to break Recaiden. :smalleek:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 05:21 AM
Hey, it dosen't say symbotic field stops working once you are dead!
If battle meditation have that type of ruling, why don't symbotic field have it?

GoC
2009-05-15, 08:18 AM
Hey, it dosen't say symbotic field stops working once you are dead!
If battle meditation have that type of ruling, why don't symbotic field have it?

Because I was being really really stupid when I made the battle meditation ruling?:smallsigh:

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-15, 08:22 AM
Can being dead really count as meditating, though?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 08:27 AM
Because I was being really really stupid when I made the battle meditation ruling?:smallsigh:

I think Murskas battle meditation should be reset to what it was when he died. He is in Japan anyway and is not going to use it, even if he is ressurected.

Lamech
2009-05-15, 10:21 AM
He... just posted in WoD. Anyway I'm going to say we not change rulings after such a long period of time. Battle meditation was a mistake, but suddenly changing it while the game might be effected would screw with Selrahc. Saying one thing, letting a person make plans for it and then changing it means they can't plan. Don't do that.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 10:29 AM
He... just posted in WoD. Anyway I'm going to say we not change rulings after such a long period of time. Battle meditation was a mistake, but suddenly changing it while the game might be effected would screw with Selrahc. Saying one thing, letting a person make plans for it and then changing it means they can't plan. Don't do that.

I doubt it would ever come to use for him since he needs to sacrifice some of his power and use up the rest, just for the chance that Murska will come back.

I personally dislike this kind of "creative useage" of the abilities and the rules should not favor anyone. Either you allow every automatic ability to go on after death, or none.

happyturtle
2009-05-15, 10:30 AM
He gets online every few days for a half hour or so. Doesn't really allow him to do much. But yeah, probably shouldn't change the rules now.

Selrahc
2009-05-15, 10:30 AM
Welllll....
Let me put it this way, if Murska doesn't have a souped up attack when he returns, then I won't resurrect him. So it would primarily be his fun that was on the line. I've hopefully got a decentish chance anyway.

I'm okay with revoking the ruling, but you guys should probably ask Murska. Or kill Recaiden this turn, which would render the whole issue moot.

Lamech
2009-05-15, 10:50 AM
I doubt it would ever come to use for him since he needs to sacrifice some of his power and use up the rest, just for the chance that Murska will come back.

I personally dislike this kind of "creative useage" of the abilities and the rules should not favor anyone. Either you allow every automatic ability to go on after death, or none.
So your saying everything should continue after death? Thats kind of silly. For example I'll get energy after death, I'll heal after death. And two uses of his big hand of doing things and about 2 for the ressurection and Selrahc can still hit 55*X where X is big. More if he splits the raise and the shot over two turns.

I would say keep the ruling for battle meditation, changing it now would be unfair to Selrahc. And the rest make sane rulings on; was anyone planning on a specific power being usable after death? (I know I was planning on having 20 energy every turn after I die.):smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 10:55 AM
So your saying everything should continue after death? Thats kind of silly. For example I'll get energy after death, I'll heal after death. And two uses of his big hand of doing things and about 2 for the ressurection and Selrahc can still hit 55*X where X is big. More if he splits the raise and the shot over two turns.

I would say keep the ruling for battle meditation, changing it now would be unfair to Selrahc. And the rest make sane rulings on; was anyone planning on a specific power being usable after death? (I know I was planning on having 20 energy every turn after I die.):smallamused:

I said "automatic" powers as battle meditation since it don't need to be activated by the player itself.

Lamech
2009-05-15, 11:50 AM
I said "automatic" powers as battle meditation since it don't need to be activated by the player itself.
Yeah it automatically happens when I post a monolouge. And people can post when they are dead. (At least the last couple games had that.) In fact they can continue to play if they have sidekicks. See this is why I said we I think we should not allow any other powers to keep going after death...

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-15, 11:57 AM
Yes, but lamech, do dead men not tell no tales? How can you speak when dead?

Besides, the monologue gives 20 spendable energy, but it's by no means regeneration.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-15, 12:16 PM
Yeah it automatically happens when I post a monolouge. And people can post when they are dead. (At least the last couple games had that.) In fact they can continue to play if they have sidekicks. See this is why I said we I think we should not allow any other powers to keep going after death...

I think you need to look up the exact defenition of "automatic" then.
Automatic means:

having the capability of starting, operating, moving, etc., independently

Emphasise mine.

That is, without you doing anything, acting on its own.
I might as well say, "I automatically attack whenever I send in an attack action."

GoC
2009-05-16, 05:42 PM
Summary: Night Surgeon attacks D_Lord to considerable effect. Recaiden punches happyturtle but is ignored. Selrahc is attacked by Shadowcaller and D_lord and chooses this moment to copy Shadowcaller's Behold My True Form Power. Team 3 turtles.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze 10, attacks Selrahc for 10, defends D_Lord for 28 and defends for 75. He is not attacked and ends the round at 123 energy.
D_Lord attacks Selrahc for 78 and defends for 22. He takes 99-22-28=49 damage and and ends the round at 51 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy defends for 88(no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc Burns 10 and spends 10 and spends 58 for Behold My True Form. He takes 10+78-0=88 damage, negates and ends the round at 97 energy.:smallsigh:
billtodamax defends for 41 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech defends happyturtle for 25 and defends for 100. He is not attacked and ends the round at 105+3 energy.
happyturtle defends for 78. She takes 19+5-25+78=0 damage and ends the round at 78 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks happyturtle for 19+5 (GALOSH!:smallconfused:). He is not attacked (:smallconfused:) and ends the round at 19 energy.
Night Surgeon flies for 3 and attacks D_Lord for 99. He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 34 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 34 energy.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Recaiden: You will need better sound effects from now on.:smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-05-16, 05:46 PM
You know how Bill is away? Can I take direct control of him until he comes back?

happyturtle
2009-05-16, 05:52 PM
As an opponent, I have no objection to that.

GoC
2009-05-16, 05:54 PM
You know how Bill is away? Can I take direct control of him until he comes back?

As long as you don't make him kill himself.:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 05:59 PM

Should not Recaiden and NS being able to take control of detrevnisisiht then?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 06:06 PM
Okay, I'm getting very tired by the fact that protection is extremly over powered.

I mean, there have to be some kind of limit to the powers, I play games to have fun and with protection, this game is not very fun... :smallsigh:.

Selrahc
2009-05-16, 06:06 PM
As long as you don't make him kill himself. :smalltongue:

Okay.

Should not Recaiden and NS being able to take control of detrevnisisiht then?

That sounds fine to me.

Okay, I'm getting very tired by the fact that protection is extremly over powered.

I've only got two turns of safety left. If I use my last protection token, then I die the turn after.

If everyone gangs up on me for the next two turns, then I will be sad, but also beaten. Even if just your team attacks me for the next two turns, I'll be pretty screwed.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 06:13 PM
If everyone gangs up on me for the next two turns, then I will be sad, but also beaten. Even if just your team attacks me for the next two turns, I'll be pretty screwed.

Only two turns left?

Most players can't survive one gang up, but you can.

I should not blame you but the one who came up with that stupid power. :smallannoyed:

Personally, I don't think you should allow such powers to exist.

happyturtle
2009-05-16, 06:18 PM
I think future rounds of Rumble would benefit from a veto phase, where there's some kind of mechanism for dropping some of the overpowered stuff from the game before bidding starts.

Selrahc
2009-05-16, 06:20 PM
Only two turns left?

Well if I wanted to, I could take a gang up from everyone in the game without using protection.

If I was on a team with the mind reader, they could warn me if a gang up was imminent, and I could high powered shield my way to survival.

Also... your team is pretty much winning! It has almost a hundred more energy than any of it's competitors. For all our overpowered powers, my team is getting smacked down again and again and again, and is technically doing the worst.

Which is the real balancing factor. If you get a power which is too good, then you'll get taken out.

EDIT:

I think future rounds of Rumble would benefit from a veto phase, where there's some kind of mechanism for dropping some of the overpowered stuff from the game before bidding starts.

We had that this game. Nobody thought anything posed a real problem.

happyturtle
2009-05-16, 06:22 PM
The mind reader can only read one person. So it isn't much help against gang ups.

GoC
2009-05-16, 09:01 PM
There was a veto system in place. It said that if anyone had any objections then a power should be reconsidered. Noone objected.
The main thing is that "steal other people's power" powers are very very powerful. If one is on the power list then look carefully at all the other powers to make sure nothing is broken.
I presumed you guys were ok with this very powerful power and was very surprised that it went for so little.
The protection power was a bit overpowered but nowhere near gamebreaking on it's own.

As the person with the most experience regarding these games I should have mentioned just what power copying entails and not just assumed that everyone saw the broken combos.:smallsigh:
Selrahc is partially right though. The game is generally self-regulating.

happyturtle
2009-05-16, 09:05 PM
I think a formal discussion for 48 hours would work better than 'If you object' because nobody wants to be the killjoy.

And yeah, as the newb, I had no idea how all these things would work. Too many rules make my eyes glaze over, and a game this size was probably a bad one for a first time player.

*is still convinced this is a boys game*

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-16, 09:39 PM
I saw a broken combo, but I didn't end up winning it...

Invisibility + Blood Drain + Meditation Belt + Regeneration + Teammates with Scry.

With Symbiotic field and regen, you can use invisibility every turn, only losing 4 energy. You can pour all your energy into defending your teammates at first. After several rounds, you will be at very low energy (~20), but will have several meditation tokens. Your scry-buddy will check to see who has a low defense, and you leap in for the kill. If you do more than 8 damage total, you begin to gain health. Once you get up to a substantial amount, you stop attacking and wait for your belt to recharge. If you then leap again at someone with blood drain, your health will increase yet again.

You can be a self-sustaining monster.

I suppose this could also work with plain Blood Drain + Invisibility, since you could gain back the invisibility health in addition to gaining maximum, so you would still grow in power.

Lamech
2009-05-17, 12:12 AM
The real issue with protection is that when it got copied the tokens stuck around. I assumed that wouldn't happen. Otherwise 20 for absorbing one shot? Thats... okay , but their were many stronger powers. (Battle meditation.) And betting 50 for four attacks? He would be annoying, but at endgame he would be to low to do anything.

Exposition: Selrahc has finally seen the move of powering himself up. All by himself I'm so proud. D_Lord's agressive tactics finally catch up to him. Selrahc is forced to use another protection token.

Monolouge: We're not dead? Amazing! Sweet! We might win this after all.

Selrahc
2009-05-17, 04:32 AM
Selrahc has finally seen the move of powering himself up.

Well I was going to do it last turn if *someone* hadn't come to ask me to stab Recaiden.

GoC
2009-05-17, 03:39 PM
Anyway Murska seems content to have Battle Meditation at a "mere" 4 instead of the 7 it would be on so... earlier decision reversed.

billtodamax
2009-05-18, 01:06 AM
I had to bid 50 to get five protection tokens. I'm pretty much screwed at the endgame. Also, I'm letting Selrahc control my actions for this round while he fills me in with PMs/I catch up.

GoC
2009-05-19, 06:25 PM
The latest excuse? I totally forgot.:smallannoyed:

Summary: billtothemax full attacks Recaiden, killing him. Recaiden tries to do some damage to happyturtle before he dies but is laughed off. Shadowcaller pokes Selrahc with a sharp stick. Team 3 sleeps. Tired N' Drowzy attacks Night Surgeon and Selrahc. Selrahc negates and ressurects Murska!:smalleek: DUN DUN DUN!

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze 10, attacks Selrahc for 20 and defends for 93. He is not attacked and ends the round at 123 energy.
D_Lord defends for 51 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 51 energy.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks Night Surgeon and Selrahc for 44 each. He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc Burns 20 and spends ten then spends 67 to ressurect Murska! He takes 44+20-0=64 damage, negates and ends the round at 77 energy.
billtodamax attacks Recaiden for 41. He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska reappears with 33 energy!
Team 3:
Lamech defends for 128 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 108+3 energy.
happyturtle defends for 78 (no action sent). She takes 19+5-78=0 damage and ends the round at 78 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden attacks happyturtle for 19+5 (Kabam!). He takes 41 damage and dies.
Night Surgeon defends for 102 (no action sent). He takes 44-102=0 damage and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 34 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 34 energy.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.:smallsmile:

Selrahc
2009-05-19, 06:44 PM
I debated ressurecting Murska, but then I thought, cost: 20 energy and a protection bead, gain: 1 team mate. Which is at least a fair deal, even if he doesn't have the ability to end the world.

GoC
2009-05-19, 06:50 PM
I debated ressurecting Murska, but then I thought, cost: 20 energy and a protection bead, gain: 1 team mate. Which is at least a fair deal, even if he doesn't have the ability to end the world.

132 damage per turn might not end the world but it's pretty close.

happyturtle
2009-05-19, 06:52 PM
Dad! You're alive! :smallsmile:

*hugstab*

Selrahc
2009-05-19, 06:54 PM
Does this turn count for Battle Meditation by the way?

GoC
2009-05-19, 07:13 PM
Does this turn count for Battle Meditation by the way?

*looks fearfuly at happyturtle*
No.:smalleek:

Due to Murska being dead for half the round.

Recaiden
2009-05-19, 07:17 PM
With my last breath, I curse Night Surgeon. Maybe you could kill him as a favor to me?

Lamech
2009-05-19, 09:15 PM
Exposition: Recaiden dies and Murska revieves. Selrahc has a turn of saftey left. Team three went missing. Team 2 can launch a massive attack, but they are running of of life. Also D_Lord the narrator copy pasted D_Lord's results from last game changing nothing.

Monolouge: Ghaa! I thought I killed that punk. ... And he's back. I thought this was a fourm game not a comic book. Uhhh.... The fourth wall is important? I mean, the villian rises again, and must be smited once more!

Fan
2009-05-19, 10:28 PM
Umm, GOC, I have my sent actions in my sent PMs file... O_o I KNOW I sent them in.

Murska
2009-05-20, 06:38 AM
Could you guys let me live for a turn or two if I promise to attack for one each turn so the Meditation count doesn't rise?

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-20, 01:40 PM
So... How many more tokens does Selrahc have? This power is proving to be slightly ridiculous...

And by slightly, I of course mean absolutely.

Lamech
2009-05-20, 06:23 PM
2 that means he can absorb one hit. And then he gets hit by all the damage the tokens prevented. ... A.K.A. He dies if he uses the last one. He has one round of shielding left.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-20, 06:33 PM
2 that means he can absorb one hit. And then he gets hit by all the damage the tokens prevented. ... A.K.A. He dies if he uses the last one. He has one round of shielding left.

Oh, and then he can burn up his energy on his super-power energy field, 10 energy for 100 defense.

Lamech
2009-05-20, 06:58 PM
Oh, and then he can burn up his energy on his super-power energy field, 10 energy for 100 defense. So you attack him with your over 200 energy on your team?:smallconfused: And TnD has the same thing. Except his stops all attacks.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-20, 07:01 PM
So you attack him with your over 200 energy on your team?:smallconfused: And TnD has the same thing. Except his stops all attacks.

Oh, we might bring him down eventually. But then he and Murska already have killed many of us.

Lamech
2009-05-20, 07:07 PM
You can also turtle him out. He can't beat your defense. If he's burning energy every round he will die.

GoC
2009-05-21, 05:44 AM
Umm, GOC, I have my sent actions in my sent PMs file... O_o I KNOW I sent them in.

Sorry, I couldn't find it despite checking several times.:smallconfused:
Very wierd...

You can also turtle him out. He can't beat your defense. If he's burning energy every round he will die.

He can. Murska has 132 attack and Selrahc can supply more. Selrahc can also burn to protect Murska. Or he can use that Chaos power he's ignored so far.

Lamech
2009-05-21, 10:20 AM
High-Powered Energy Shield: Burn X. Add 10X to your Defense for this round.
He can use a power thats specifies "your" to add to someone elses defense? Can he use the burn and have some one else take the damage too? Sorry if I seem snarky I just don't think powers that specifiy your name should be able to effect others.

Murska
2009-05-21, 10:44 AM
Hm. Well, when I made that power I had no idea there would be teams in the game, though.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-21, 04:13 PM
Will be gone until Tuesday. Passing control of my character over to D_Lord and Shadowcaller until my return,

GoC
2009-05-21, 09:06 PM
He can use a power thats specifies "your" to add to someone elses defense? Can he use the burn and have some one else take the damage too? Sorry if I seem snarky I just don't think powers that specifiy your name should be able to effect others.
You're right. I thought it was like normal defense and that you could share it.
Update after tomorrow's exam.

If you're wondering why I'm discussing high level philosophy in friendly banter but can't post a new round it's because I find the philosophy gets my mind energized and helps me learn my stuff for tomorrow.:smallsmile:

Selrahc
2009-05-22, 03:26 AM
You're right. I thought it was like normal defense and that you could share it.

Ugh. *Sends in new action*

GoC
2009-05-22, 01:10 PM
Summary: Team 4 experiences a resurgence and Team 2 takes some damage while Team 1 is ripped to shreds! Many die.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller activates Plastic Ooze 10 and attacks Murska for 113. He takes 40+41+132=213 damage and dies.
D_Lord defends for 51 (no action sent). He takes 53+15+59+17+20-51=113 damage and dies.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks Night Surgeon for 75 and defends for 13. He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends Murska for 37 and attacks Shadowcaller for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 77 energy.
billtodamax attacks Shadowcaller for 41. He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska attacks Shadowcaller for 33x4=132. He takes 113-37=76 damage and dies for realz.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks D_Lord for 53 and defends for 78. He is not attacked and ends the round at 111+3 energy.
happyturtle attacks D_Lord for 15 and defends for 63. She is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon tries to spend more energy than he has. He flies, attacks D_Lord for 59 (he wanted 67 but was short 8 energy but it doesn't matter) and defends for 40. He evades attack and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht attacks D_Lord for 17+20 and defends for 17+20. He is not attacked and ends the round at 48 energy.

Mistakes?
Team 2 will soon face a difficult choice. Have billtothemax commit suicide to give out 20 demon worms or continue on and have him use his protection tokens to be able to dish out 50 damage per round without fear of reprisal.

I'm also wondering why Shadowcaller never used the Legion power...
Selrahc's luck is terrible. Glue Shooter hasn't been activated even once in the game so far!

Selrahc
2009-05-22, 01:23 PM
Detrev should only be on 52 or 53 health since blood drain only adds half health.

Interesting turn. Pity about Murska dying.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-22, 01:24 PM
Detrev should only be on 52 or 53 health since blood drain only adds half health.

Interesting turn. Pity about Murska dying.

Yes, some teams don't need to do anything to win. :smallsigh:

Edit: Really, the game should have ended once we realized how extremly overpowered some powers was.

happyturtle
2009-05-22, 01:47 PM
I know I suck but... this just isn't my sort of game, and I'm not having fun. :smallsigh: If it wasn't team based, I'd just drop out, but since it is, I'll just turn my actions over to Lamech.

Sorry. :smallfrown:

Murska
2009-05-22, 02:04 PM
That's the right thing to do when playing a game where you're not having fun. Either play it in a different way that allows you to have fun or stop playing. The whole point of the games is to have fun, after all. :smallsmile:

Lamech
2009-05-22, 06:48 PM
Exposition: The mighty team one is banished. And I didn't even have anything to do with Shadowcaller's death. And the superweapon that is Murska is also gone forever. thisisinverted somehow used blood drain to become more powerful than he started. Team two can not attack this round from plastic ooze so no suiciding for bill.

Monolouge: Two great villian's are defeated, sent away forever. Today is looking up! It appears the people shall be rescued after all. Also we have a very interesting dead lock among the people. If I were to say defeat villain team number two, team four would defeat me with the help of demon worms. If they both swarmed me team 2 would win. If I took out team four team two would probably be able to chaos control me to death. All very interesting...

P.S. Blood drain can only put people to starting health.

GoC
2009-05-22, 08:09 PM
I know I suck but... this just isn't my sort of game, and I'm not having fun. :smallsigh:

My fault really. Not drawing attention to broken powers, bad rulings, mistakes, delays...
Hopefully the next host will do better.

happyturtle
2009-05-22, 08:18 PM
I probably would have done better in a low-powered game, but I still doubt I'd have really *clicked* with it. I'll stick with werewolf.

GoC
2009-05-23, 12:08 PM
I've just noticed we have four players left! It's turned into a melee with each person having multiple characters.:smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2009-05-23, 12:15 PM
There isn't a point in me or Bill sending in actions, since we've been oozed. Just in case you were waiting...

GoC
2009-05-23, 01:00 PM
There isn't a point in me or Bill sending in actions, since we've been oozed. Just in case you were waiting...

I'm waiting for Tired N' Drowsy.

Lamech
2009-05-25, 01:03 AM
Wait won't TnD just be hit by glue any way. Or if you bothered to send in actions team two at least...

GoC
2009-05-25, 07:50 AM
Wait won't TnD just be hit by glue any way. Or if you bothered to send in actions team two at least...

Oh yeah, didn't realize that...

Summary: After the frantic action of the previous round a calm descends. Selrahc loses his last token.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy defends for 88 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends for 77. He takes 39+51+59-77=72 damage (presumably negates) and ends the round at 77 energy.
billtodamax defends for 41. He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Selrahc for 39, defends for 80 and wastes 15 (left unassigned). He is not attacked and ends the round at 114+3 energy.
happyturtle attacks Selrahc for 51 and defends for 27. She is not attacked and ends the round at 78 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies 3, attacks Selrahc for 59 and defends for 40. He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht defends for 48. He is not attacked and ends the round at 48 energy.

Mistakes?

btw: Didn't update yeterday because I was asleep from 6PM yesterday to 8AM this morning.:smalleek:
I think I may be a bit unhealthy...

Selrahc
2009-05-25, 07:24 PM
Me and Bill are happy to sit back and watch things play out for a while.

But bear in mind, that if you attack me enough to kill me, I'll negate. I will then spend the next turn before my death on using chaos control to kill you.

If Bill is killed, then he will give his Demon Worms to another team.

So by all means, take us on now that our protections are less effective. But be aware that there will be payback. :smallamused:

Lamech
2009-05-25, 07:26 PM
Mistaskes? Yes I slipped... wait you mean on your part?

Expostion: Selrahc's gate is down. What? Lamech can't do math. TnD and inverted turtle while everyone swarms Selrahc.

Monolouge: I'm going to have to fire my stratigist. And who started this "don't tell people about math fails"? Must be some jerk.
If I didn't start it I apologize, for insulting someone.

@/\: Why not just give the worms to you?

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-26, 05:04 PM
...So with D_Lord and Shadowcaller dead, they neglected to send in actions? :smallsigh:

Well, this sucks. My team just got epically screwed... I'm really confuzzled now as to what to do. Selrahc's power, methinks, should only be able to negate one person's attack per token, rather than a full round's attack.

Also, flight is really ****ing broken; almost as much as the protection tokens, meditation belt, resurrection, demon worms, and legion...

This entire game is :smallsigh:

I really like Rumble, though.

GoC
2009-05-27, 08:23 AM
Also, flight is really ****ing broken; almost as much as the protection tokens, meditation belt, resurrection, demon worms, and legion...
Hopefully next time you dumdums will actually look at the powers before the game starts.:smalltongue:
If the game is getting painful we could just say Selrahc won and go on to the next iteration.

Summary: Another one bites the dust...

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy defends for 88 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends for 77. He is not attacked and ends the round at 77 energy.
billtodamax defends for 41. He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks inverted for 96, defends for 6 and defends happyturtle for 35. He takes 29-84=0 and ends the round at 117+3 energy.
happyturtle defends Lamech for 78. She takes 48-35=13 and ends the round at 65 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies 3, attacks Lamech for 29 and defends for 70. He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht attacks happyturtle for 48. He takes 96-0=96 damage and dies.

Mistakes?

Lamech
2009-05-27, 01:40 PM
If the game is getting painful we could just say Selrahc won and go on to the next iteration.I'm fine with that if everyone else wants too. I still think someone else can beat him. He can really only take one person with him and thats only if he gets lucky. (He could give them 20hp and then banish them, or some such.)

Exposition: Half of the original fighters have been slain. Happyturtle took some damage.

Monolouge: The foul vampire has been slain. Unfortunetly my comrade was injured in the beasts death throes. Even if I fall now I will not have been in vain.

Question: When Selrahc uses his last token when does he take the damage. Immediatly? Or does he wait a turn.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-27, 01:52 PM
...WTF? We only had... Wha?

This is moving too fast... And I don't have chances to send in actions; it seems more based on who is on most, as opposed to who is best at the game.

Murska
2009-05-27, 01:54 PM
Two days should be enough to send in actions, in my opinion.

Lamech
2009-05-27, 02:52 PM
Yeah the standard is one day. See: WW night phases, and you were on. Also glue shooter. Killing Selrahc will stop glue shooter.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-29, 07:20 AM
...Wow. Made the action deadline by a smidgeon.

GoC
2009-05-29, 03:37 PM
Summary: Selrahc takes his first permanent damage and Lamech takes a big hit.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks Lamech for 88. He is not attacked and ends the round at 88 energy.
Team 2:
Selrahc attacks Lamech for 77. He takes 50-0-2=48 damage and ends the round at 29 energy.
billtodamax defends for 41 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech attacks Selrahc for 40 and defends for 100. He takes 88+77-100=65 damage and ends the round at 55+3 energy.
happyturtle attacks Selrahc for 10 and defends for 55. She is not attacked and ends the round at 65 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon defends for 102 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht is dead.

Lamech
2009-05-29, 05:28 PM
Exposition: I get double teamed and am now at less. Selrahc left himself wide open for some reason. Who to take my revenge on? Please note that NS pretty much overshadow's all.

Monolouge: Ghaa can't these people fight fair; one team on one team? It would make my life so much easier.

Selrahc
2009-05-29, 06:48 PM
I'll negate the damage. And cosmic consciousness an extra 2 onto Lamech.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-29, 06:50 PM
I'll negate the damage. And cosmic consciousness an extra 2 onto Lamech.

Err... don't that you know... kill you?:smallconfused:

Selrahc
2009-05-29, 06:51 PM
Well yeah. Next turn.

I Have a whole turn in which to get back at Lamech.

happyturtle
2009-05-29, 06:55 PM
It gives you a whole extra turn of life?

Doesn't that make it even more insanely overpowered than it already was?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-29, 06:58 PM
It gives you a whole extra turn of life?

Doesn't that make it even more insanely overpowered than it already was?

I doubt he stopped caring about that when... well I don't think he ever cared. :smalltongue: (it is in the rules after all)

Lamech
2009-05-29, 07:57 PM
Well yeah. Next turn.

I Have a whole turn in which to get back at Lamech.I don't think you do...

Protection: You gain Power Strength/10 protection tokens. You can use a protection token after you find out how much damage you take, and can store that damage for later. When you use all protection tokens, you receive damage equal to the damage abosrbed by the tokens.I do believe that you used all the protection tokens. I think that means you take all the damage absorbed by them. Now. Before we start killing each other next round; similar to my power to give exposition and heal before the start of next round. Or you know how that cosmic consciousness you just hit me with.:smallamused:
Technically, I think it would be called the resolution phase.

Or did you get one of those stealth rulings? (I include anything I missed/forgot under stealth.)

P.S. You want to get back at me? Didn't you already do the whole eye-for-eye thing this round? I don't think you have a need to throw you life away.

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-29, 09:11 PM
I think he's choosing to savor the last one, and not use it so as not to die.

Technically, he doesn't have to use them.

GoC
2009-05-30, 10:39 AM
Well yeah. Next turn.
No.
"When you use all protection tokens, you receive damage equal to the damage abosrbed by the tokens."
Using your last token this turn will kill you this turn.

Any of the four teams could win now...
btw: Did you know you can only change the topic title 10 times?

Selrahc
2009-05-30, 12:05 PM
Wow... so if someone bid ten for protection, the power would be literally worthless? You negate the damage, and then immediately take it?
What is the point of there even being a last token then, if it has no game effect except to kill you?

Totally made the wrong call last turn then. Especially since Bill didn't send in his action to do more damage to Lamech. If he had, I wouldn't feel so bad right now.

happyturtle
2009-05-30, 12:13 PM
Wouldn't that fall under the category of "Questions that should have been asked before bidding"? :smalltongue:

GoC
2009-05-30, 01:47 PM
Wouldn't that fall under the category of "Questions that should have been asked before bidding"? :smalltongue:

That particular list has gotten very very long.:smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-05-31, 12:13 PM
Monolouge: Hmm... normally whenever I mumble stuff under my breath I get stronger. Its were all my smiting power comes from. I better keep muttering for a while or I'll never be able to avenge my ruffled wing. ... or my fallen comrade. Him too.

GoC
2009-05-31, 07:20 PM
Summary: FF Fanboy kills Tired N' Drowsy while Lamech's selfishness costs his teammate dearly.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy attacks happyturtle for 88. He takes 99-0=99 damage and dies.
Team 2:
Selrahc defends for 29 (no action sent). He is not attacked and ends the round at 29 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech defends for 78. He is not attacked and ends the round at 58+3 energy.
happyturtle defends Lamech for 35 and defends herself for 30. She takes 88-30=58 damage and ends the round at 7 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies (3) and attacks Tired and Drowsy for 99. He is not attacked and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht is dead.

Fan
2009-05-31, 09:06 PM
Umm... STILL NOT A THREAT... :fades off into the back ground making spooky noises, and hand gestures:

Lamech
2009-05-31, 11:01 PM
Exposition: I have no words for TnD. Well... you ticked someone off by attacking them. And you were the second most powerful person. And you leave yourself with no defense. That... was not the smartest move around. Anyway he's gone. I miss-placed my defense, and almost got my team mate killed; I'm not sure why TnD would do that; FF was a way bigger threat. Ah well this is what happens when you count on people thinking like you.

Monolouge: Hmm... I'm really slipping. But I've been following all the advice in the heroes guide for dummies. Every step laid out in the "what not tooo...". ... err...

P.S. I should be at 58+3.

GoC
2009-06-01, 11:33 AM
Am I the only one who can see billtodamax's suicide move here?:smallconfused:

Lamech
2009-06-01, 12:27 PM
I see it too actually. But if it stops working if Selrahc dies.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-01, 04:47 PM
...Why hasn't Night Surgeon been taking damage from flying?

EDIT: And don't you have to burn like 1/3 of what you spend on attacking to fly? It's much more than 3...

GoC
2009-06-01, 05:47 PM

EDIT: And don't you have to burn like 1/3 of what you spend on attacking to fly? It's much more than 3...

Fly: Spend Power Strength/2 energy (round up). You have a 50% chance of taking no damage this round.

Selrahc
2009-06-01, 05:49 PM
Am I the only one who can see billtodamax's suicide move here?:smallconfused:

If we do that, then I get killed. 26 worms is 130 energy. Lamech, Happyturtle, Night Surgeon and Tired N Drowzy couild have teamed up and taken me down without a sweat previously.

It's sort of viable now. Leaves me in a precarious position for a turn though...

Nope.

Lamech
2009-06-01, 07:03 PM
Wait but that means he has a 50% chance of taking damage! Whenever he uses it!

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-01, 08:53 PM
That's f*cking ridiculous... It's like Invisibility, but 100 times better... I read it as burn half of what you spend on attack to use it, which would have been plausible (though only if set with a minimum value)...

My god that's unfair... He essentially doubles his health for 9 total energy.

Selrahc
2009-06-01, 09:07 PM
I personally thought we were going to see bids of 20 plus for the power. The fact that no one bid for it, made it rather more powerful than it should have been.

Lamech
2009-06-01, 10:26 PM
Yeah a cost of "power strength" can make something easily overpowered.

GoC
2009-06-01, 10:51 PM
There is generally no overpowered in this game. If you ask questions in bidding and bid sensibly (like bidding 20 for fly) almost nothing except outright "I win" powers* are overpowered. And with those you're supposed to actually object.:smalltongue:

* Powers that scale with power strength are generally either underpowered or overpowered but almost nothing else is broken.

Lamech
2009-06-01, 11:20 PM
* Powers that scale with power strength are generally either underpowered or overpowered but almost nothing else is broken.
This is basically what happened with fly except the scaling was inverse, so when no one bidded much on it... Hey maybe it will fumble.:smallamused:

Also I'm not remotely serious about NS only having a 50% chance to take no damage. An excessivly literal reading of the power would be when he uses it he has a only 50% chance to take no damage. Not a 50% chance + whatever chance he put more in defense than attack.:smalltongue:

GoC
2009-06-04, 02:53 PM
Aww nuts. I was so sure I had updated two days ago.

Summary: FF Fanboy kills Selrahc while Night Surgeon's amazing luck continues (yep, he evaded again (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2101899/)).

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy is dead.
Team 2:
Selrahc attacks Night Surgeon for 29. He takes 99-0=99 damage and dies.
billtodamax attacks Night Surgeon for 41. He is not attacked and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech defends for 48 and attacks Night Surgeon for 13. He is not attacked and ends the round at 61+3 energy.
happyturtle attacks Night Surgeon for 7. She is not attacked and ends the round at 7 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies (3) and attacks Selrahc for 99. He evades attack and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht is dead.

Fan
2009-06-04, 03:10 PM
Everyone attacked me, and I survived... O_o Still not a threat... don't maul me.:smalleek:

Murska
2009-06-04, 03:15 PM
Not only 'survived' but also with 'no damage at all despite not defending at all.

Fan
2009-06-04, 03:28 PM
Hopefully a IC journal will save me.. I have one written for my victory if you'll let it happen... O_o

Night Surgeon's Journal June 3rd 1985-
Super Rumble is afraid of me, for I have seen it's true face, while they are finding out about mine all together too late. Found another heroes corpse in the alley way this morning, big S on his chest, brick stuck into the side of his head, apparently the brick I threw at one of the criminal I was chasing last night had killed him. Must remember to make amends. Hunted now, by ones I once considered friends... Allies at one time even. Liars, and politicians now. People with little regard for cleansing the city of Super Rumble of all the criminal filth, only their own desires, coniving against former friends all for the sake of some abitrary victory that only helps the filth rise to the top. No better then the rest of the flith now."

But, yeah.... I hope I can actually win... But if my death happens, I'll write a journal for it too, might as well make a interesting narrative.

Selrahc
2009-06-04, 03:48 PM
Night Surgeon flies (3) and attacks Selrahc for 99. He evades attack and ends the round at 102 energy.

Flukey bastard! :smalleek:

Night Surgeon has 102 energy, everyone else combined has 111. One big coin flip to win?

GoC
2009-06-04, 05:09 PM
Flukey bastard! :smalleek:

Night Surgeon has 102 energy, everyone else combined has 111. One big coin flip to win?

No. Lamech and happy defend lamech. billtothemax attacks. If NS goes all out he then only does 8 damage and has a 50% chance of taking 41. Repeat for a few turns.

Selrahc
2009-06-04, 05:16 PM
Oh yeah. Protection tokens. Interesting.

Fan
2009-06-04, 05:19 PM
You can use protection tokens on other teams? I thought that at most it extended to other team members...

EDIT: Upon taking a reading of it..
You can use a protection token after you find out how much damage you take, and can store that damage for later. When you use all protection tokens, you receive damage equal to the damage abosrbed by the tokens.

The wording explcity states that only you can be protected, or use protection tokens...

Selrahc
2009-06-04, 05:21 PM
You can use protection tokens on other teams? I thought that at most it extended to other team members...

It doesn't even extend to team members, or both myself and Murska would still be among the upright. But it does mean you can't kill Bill.

Fan
2009-06-04, 05:23 PM
Ah, I thought there had been a weird ruling on it that made things... funky... Ah well... Still going to try to win this with my Rorshach persona.

Lamech
2009-06-05, 03:35 PM
Fun times. Exposition: Selrahc is slain. And Night Surgeon evaded. How will the story end?

Monolouge: At least the demon didn't target me, but I'm not sure how I can stop him alone. Well hey guys of course I didn't forget you two.

Fan
2009-06-05, 03:52 PM
Fun times. Exposition: Selrahc is slain. And Night Surgeon evaded. How will the story end?

Monolouge: At least the demon didn't target me, but I'm not sure how I can stop him alone. Well hey guys of course I didn't forget you two.

*COUGH* It has to be a heroic, anti heroic, or villianous monolouge Lamech. That doesn't look heroic, anti heroic, OR Villianous monolouge.

Lamech
2009-06-05, 04:24 PM
Monolouge: It appears I must attack the demon with all my force in hope of a killing blow although it will almost certainly cost me my life? I'm still not sure why I'm responding to a demon, and I really need to stop broadcasting my thoughts.

Fan
2009-06-05, 04:27 PM
NOT A DEMON... I'm

http://sarparker.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/rorschach.jpg

*comes face level with the so called "hero", removing his fedora for a full view of his mask*
So, tell me Lamech. WHAT DO YOU SEE?!:smallfurious:

GoC
2009-06-06, 04:51 PM
Summary: Night Surgeon's luck continues and he damages happy a bit more. billtodamax loses a protection token defending against him.

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy is dead.
Team 2:
Selrahcis dead.
billtodamax attacks Night Surgeon for 41. He is attacked for 22, presumably negates and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech defends for 32 and attacks Night Surgeon for 37. He takes 20-32=0 damage and ends the round at 64+3 energy.
happyturtle attacks Night Surgeon for 7. She takes 6 damage and ends the round at 1 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies (3), attacks happyturtle for 6, Lamech for 20, bill for 22 and defends for 42. He evades attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2105165/)and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht is dead.

Selrahc
2009-06-06, 04:54 PM
Crrrappp... Just thought of something.

Who sent in the last action last turn? I'm going to be very sad if it was Night Surgeon, because I would still be alive right now. :smalleek:

GoC
2009-06-06, 05:26 PM
Crrrappp... Just thought of something.

Who sent in the last action last turn? I'm going to be very sad if it was Night Surgeon, because I would still be alive right now. :smalleek:
Uh oh.:smalleek:
I think it was indeed NS but unless you all kept your send in PMs from that round I can't find out.

Fan
2009-06-06, 08:29 PM
My narration didn't get used?:smallfrown:

GoC
2009-06-06, 09:40 PM
My narration didn't get used?:smallfrown:

D'oh! I just opened your most recent PM.
Resend it and I'll use it.

Lamech
2009-06-07, 12:27 AM
Uh oh.:smalleek:
I think it was indeed NS but unless you all kept your send in PMs from that round I can't find out.
... So night surgeon is a really, really luck demon in the form of a man? I keep all my PM's for this exact reason. When my PM box fills up I download as text and then delete.

Exposition: Night Surgeon continues to get lucky, but he didn't take my internal monolouge at face value. A total loss of three energy for the allies.

Monolouge: Hey maybe he can't hear my thoughts after all. He didn't kill me. Another chance to strike him down, and save the people of... where did I get sent again... *looks at writing on arm* structured gamesville.

P.S. For the last turn Selrahc was alive I sent my message at 05-31-2009, 11:05 PM, not sure if its still imortant. Anyway I would suggest saving all PM's in text format so they can be refered too.

Fan
2009-06-07, 02:09 AM
... So night surgeon is a really, really luck demon in the form of a man? I keep all my PM's for this exact reason. When my PM box fills up I download as text and then delete.

Exposition: Night Surgeon continues to get lucky, but he didn't take my internal monolouge at face value. A total loss of three energy for the allies.

Monolouge: Hey maybe he can't hear my thoughts after all. He didn't kill me. Another chance to strike him down, and save the people of... where did I get sent again... *looks at writing on arm* structured gamesville.

P.S. For the last turn Selrahc was alive I sent my message at 05-31-2009, 11:05 PM, not sure if its still imortant. Anyway I would suggest saving all PM's in text format so they can be refered too.

I prefer to call this Incarnation Super Rumbelia.:smalltongue:
And I was planning on people taking GOC's advice.

GoC
2009-06-08, 04:56 PM
Night Surgeon kicked a door in, a mask, and a costume in his right hand. He looked over the small, acrid appartment.. Sad almost how some heroes were forced to live. Walking into the apartment, he stomped on a rat, pounding it into pulp underneath his powerful boot, he looked around for a second, tossing cans of old beans, and some other old canned goods before coming upon Selrach's room, he frowned underneath his thick mask, and placed the mask on the pillow, and the costume on the bed. As he did so, a booming voice, amplified from outside by some force, boomed throughout the apartment compound, a ringing developing in Night Surgeon's ears, a familiar voice filling his head.
The other "heroes" had gathered outside the complex, Bill having used some odd pre cog power to know that he would be there at this time, and they had decided that it was time for Night Surgeon to die.
[ Lamech From outside Selrach's apartment]
Surgeon! These are the REAL heroes, we know you're in there.
Night Surgeon swore silently underneath his mask, and began routing through the various, acrid smelling, chemicals that populated the hero formerly known as "Selrach"'s shelves, pulling out a container of Raid X, but deciding otherwise, and tossing it to the side as he said
"No! No!"
[ Happy From outside Selrach's apartment after taking the mega phone from Lamech]
"If there's anybody in there with you, send 'em out unharmed."
Night Surgeon continued to swear in every possible language he knew as he finnaly pulled out a bottle of vodka from the fridge, and poured it into a spary container."[/color]
"No! No, no, no, no! Got to move, got to get ready!"
[ Bill From outside Moloch's apartment, taking it from Happy] Come out and make this a nice, clean surrender.
Back in the apartment Night was digging through Selrach's drawers in the living room, flinging old oaken drawers in every direction, paper gently cresting to the floor as he continued to swear, his hand finally grasping around a steel zippo lighter that glinted oddly in the yellow light.
Walked right into it! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Never surrender.
[Lamech once more from outside the apartment, snatching it back from Bill]"Alright, I hope you're ready, hero."
Strapping the zippo to the spray contained, testing it with a gloved finger, a flicker of flame bursting from within it, he looks out from his mask at the assembled "heroes" below; his mask shifting to a jagged, wicked, smile as he said
"When you are."

Summary: Night Surgeon attacks Lamech, severely wounding him, kicks at bill and skllfully dodges a counter-attack by Lamech!

Team 1:
Shadowcaller is dead.
D_Lord defends is dead.
Tired N' Drowzy is dead.
Team 2:
Selrahcis dead.
billtodamax defends for 41 (no action sent). He takes 20-41=0 damage and ends the round at 41 energy.
Murska is dead.
Team 3:
Lamech defends for 30 and attacks Night Surgeon for 57. He takes 70-30=40 damage and ends the round at 27+3 energy.
happyturtle defends for 1. She takes 6 damage and ends the round at 1 energy.
Saint Nil is dead.
Team 4:
Recaiden is dead.
Night Surgeon flies (3), Lamech for 70, bill for 20 and defends for 12. He evades attack AGAIN (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2108214/) and ends the round at 102 energy.
detrevnisisiht is dead.

Night Surgeon wins!

With the combined might of the surviving players unable to touch him victory is assured for the former Fanboy. Care to narrate your victory?:smallbiggrin:

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:18 PM
Turtle Woman moved in first, swiftly ascending the stairs that lead up to Selrach's Apartment, motioning for Lamech to follow them while bill covered there entrance. After a few seconds of waiting she began to issue a silent count down out side the door. Breathing the numbers to Lamech, who waited with a sledge hammer to break the door, down.

However, Night Surgeon had watched them step up through the key hole, and was ready. When the hammer came bursting through the door, he stepped to the side, bringing up his make shift flame thrower, a ear shattering scream erupting from Lamech as the flame's immolated his form, sending him caterwauling over the balcony, and to his death. Turtle Woman, infuriated by her comrades untimely demise, rushed towards Night Surgeon, cracking her whip, and lashing out at Night Surgeon's near by form. He brought his arm up in response to the attack, coiling the tendril of barbed leather around his arm, and jerking her towards him, before knocking her out with a head butt. He looked out in time to see bill booking for the streets, sniper rifle discarded, and he dropped Turtle Woman's limp form to the ground, as he took up presuit. Bill had seen Lamech get torched, and Turtle Womans short, and eventful, attempt at revenge there after, Lamech was right about this guy, he was no man, he was a beast straight out of hell, he thought this as he booked down east main street, and took a detour into one of the darker allies of Super Rumbelia, he booked down the alley way, and stopped by a group of trash cans, sweat pouring down his face, and his lungs feeling as if they were on fire. When he finally caught his breath again, he looked up in time to see Night Surgeon's fist impact him dead center in the temple, and he dropped like a stone, and the last thing he saw was Night Surgeon walking away, smoke still pouring off his form from when he had set Lamech on fire, and a acrid smell in his nostrils, before it all faded to black.

Also, I can haz trophy?

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:22 PM
Heh. The trophy should state something about *luckiest player ever*.

Seriously though, he has enough energy that not even Billtodamax dying and gifting all those worms to someone could give them a winning chance? :smalleek:

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:23 PM
Heh. The trophy should state something about *luckiest player ever*.

Seriously though, he has enough energy that not even Billtodamax dying and gifting all those worms to someone could give them a winning chance? :smalleek:

I would kill you ALL next turn... No players to control the demon worms, and demon worms dont count as players.:smallwink:

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:25 PM
True, not enough energy to both defend one of the other two and to kill Bill.

EDIT: If Happy dies, NS gets hit by 80 energy, though.

EDITx2: So, Bill attacks Happy for 1, NS for 40. Lamech attacks NS for 20. Happy attacks NS for 1.

NS gets hit for 61, or 101 if he attacks Happy. Not quite enough.

Bill attacks with 41 at NS instead, if NS kills Happy he gets hit by 142 total, assuming he doesn't evade it.

If he doesn't kill Happy, Happy gets the worms from Bill dying, so it'd be a guessing game on whether they'd be all-attacking NS or having Bill die so he could gift the worms.

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:30 PM
True, not enough energy to both defend one of the other two and to kill Bill.

EDIT: If Happy dies, NS gets hit by 80 energy, though.

And she's at 1 health, I can defend for 1, then kill the demon worms each turn, and not care.:smalltongue:

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:35 PM
Demon worms could attack you for what, 100 or so. *shrug*

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:35 PM
Demon worms could attack you for what, 100 or so. *shrug*

Well their Side Kicks, so the moment I kill Happy their dead, gone, and goner.

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:36 PM
Well their Side Kicks, so the moment I kill Happy their dead, gone, and goner.

But you'd also die if you lost all your energy that round, which'd mean a tie.

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:38 PM
But you'd also die if you lost all your energy that round, which'd mean a tie.

Eh, well... This all requires Bill suiciding, and a tie isn't fun for anyone.:smallannoyed:
That would be a pure spite action at that point.
And your also forgetting my ultra sexy amazing luck that would give me the turn I need to annhilate the worms.:smalltongue:

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:40 PM
Well, what about you think they're going to suicide Bill, but then they do a 142dmg attack on you instead? :smalltongue:

EDIT: Nowait, 162, doesn't Lamech get that +20 or something.

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:41 PM
Well, what about you think they're going to suicide Bill, but then they do a 142dmg attack on you instead? :smalltongue:

EDIT: Nowait, 162, doesn't Lamech get that +20 or something.

They can't deal that much... At most they get 83 WITH bill... If your wording is what I think it is.:smallconfused:

Murska
2009-06-08, 05:43 PM
If you kill Happy the next round, you'll get hit for 80 dmg.

If you don't, but instead leave her alive, they might give her the worms instead, or postpone the whole thing by one round by all defending Lamech with all they have.

happyturtle
2009-06-08, 05:43 PM
Oh come on... the comic book ending requires that you sweep Turtle Woman off her feet and fly her off into the sunset. You even wrote the perfect intro to it. :smallwink:

Turtle Woman, infuriated by her comrades untimely demise, rushed towards Night Surgeon, cracking her whip, and lashing out at Night Surgeon's near by form. He brought his arm up in response to the attack, coiling the tendril of barbed leather around his arm, and jerking her towards him...

Fan
2009-06-08, 05:55 PM
Oh come on... the comic book ending requires that you sweep Turtle Woman off her feet and fly her off into the sunset. You even wrote the perfect intro to it. :smallwink:

Well, I had half a mind TO do that, it's just horribly out of character with Rorshach. I mean just look at what he said during therapy!:smalleek:

Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night. Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach. Does that answer your questions, Doctor?

I came in full expecting to lose this, you know why if you read the comic/novel/saw the movie Watch men.:smalltongue:

Lamech
2009-06-08, 09:06 PM
Umm... 102<(114) 50+20+3+41+1. If he falls to less than 80 happy turtle can also suicide kill him. And bill could certainly screw him over.

Exposition: Oww... oww... oww... NS continues to get lucky. If this keeps up I'm going to get sent back to die. And NS's victory is NOT assured. Me and bill have more spendable energy than NS.

Monolouge: Arg... my wounds matter not I shall continue until I die! I will gladdly lay my life on the line!Err... yes little kid I'm from heaven. Yes... I'll go back there when I die. Okay I'm trying act heroic and self-sacrificing it generally consider impolite to point ot stuff like this.

Well their Side Kicks, so the moment I kill Happy their dead, gone, and goner. IIRC, they continue to exist after the leaders death. The player can't win, but they can take revenge. Although I can't find the link to the rules.

How are you rolling the dice anyway? 'Cause if your using invisible castle (or perhaps something similar), don't put a "2" in the dice box. Its "1d2". I basically did that my first time.:smallsmile:

Edit: So what are we doing? NS is really lucky. I suck at math one sec...

Fan
2009-06-08, 09:11 PM
Well at this point it's either a TIE or you let someone who's already been proclaimed the winner, win.:smallsigh:
Tie's are no fun for anybody, AND I already wrote a massive narration for both scenes.:smallannoyed:

Lamech
2009-06-08, 10:49 PM
I see tying as a much better outcome then losing, than you very much. And with those demonworms floating around you could certainly lose. GoC stopped counting up the rounds a while ago there would be a lot of those buggers.

This getting a little tedious but I still have a chance of drawing this if you don't play a perfect game. (And perhaps I have a chance even if you do.) And I'm determined to try.

GoC: Also 70-30=50? I think you mean 40 Which means I'm at 27+3.

Fan
2009-06-08, 11:04 PM
I see tying as a much better outcome then losing, than you very much. And with those demonworms floating around you could certainly lose. GoC stopped counting up the rounds a while ago there would be a lot of those buggers.

This getting a little tedious but I still have a chance of drawing this if you don't play a perfect game. (And perhaps I have a chance even if you do.) And I'm determined to try.

GoC: Also 70-30=50? I think you mean 40 Which means I'm at 27+3.

Gee, well this all requires Bill to take a spite action that benefits him in NO WAY, and kills himself, as it stands I can END YOUR TEAM in a single turn, AND take on the worms. IF I get a single fly roll I win, with my standing luck I think it's being more then fair. As fly would also allow me to not take damage from Hells heart.

billtodamax
2009-06-09, 01:41 AM
I'd really prefer not to spite NS at this point. And because it's pretty much my descision, I'm gonna let NS win this. Sorry Lamech.

Murska
2009-06-09, 06:35 AM
Hm. There are, again, multiple ways for any of the players to win this, still. Most prominently, NS making a mistake, but since there are multiple ways to get large attacks on him including, but not limited to, everyone attacking him, using the worms OR the Hell's Heart... It's not necessarily a tie.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. I was teamed up on by everyone on round 1, and that's epic enough that, for me, I've already won. :smallsmile:

Lamech
2009-06-09, 06:41 AM
As Murska said its still winable by anyone. And I can still tie it up with out bill. (Well actually hand the win to bill but whatever.)

Gee, well this all requires Bill to take a spite action that benefits him in NO WAY, and kills himself, as it stands I can END YOUR TEAM in a single turn, AND take on the worms. IF I get a single fly roll I win, with my standing luck I think it's being more then fair. As fly would also allow me to not take damage from Hells heart.
See this is exactly why I think you can still lose this. And saying "I got really lucky, so I think its more than fair I get lucky again" WTH. Fair would be you NOT getting lucky and probablity doesn't care. If your going to win no matter what send in your last action, its not that hard.

And bill you can still win this, trust me on this. Especially if you full attack him again. I don't want to have to explain how because then NS will learn how to counter it.

GoC
2009-06-09, 07:21 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The worms. Completely forgot those little things (there are 32 of them).:smallfurious:
Ok, NS could you send in an action? Let's tidy this thing up.

How are you rolling the dice anyway? 'Cause if your using invisible castle (or perhaps something similar), don't put a "2" in the dice box. Its "1d2". I basically did that my first time.:smallsmile:

Edit: So what are we doing? NS is really lucky. I suck at math one sec...

I rolled 1d2 each time.
Stats:Bill 41+4 tokens, Lamech 30(+20), happy 1, NS 102

I have once again performed an epic fail.:smallbiggrin:

GoC
2009-06-09, 06:34 PM
Nothing fancy, just cleanup:

NS defends for 82, flies (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2110437/) and attacks Lamech for 17.
Lamech full attacks NS.
bill full attacks NS.

Stats at end of round:
Lamech 13+3hp+20, bill 41hp+4 tokens, happy 1hp, NS 93hp

Lamech
2009-06-10, 10:54 AM
Exposition: Hmm... slowly losing this. NS decided to play it careful. Well then, just need to whittle him down to 40 or less. Hmm...

Monolouge: Arrgh... not trying to settle this quick are you. Well, then I'm sure I can win with the power of friendship. Right bill? Well yes we kind of are enemies, but thats a minor detail.

GoC
2009-06-11, 04:20 PM
bill-full attack NS
NS-attack bill 15, Lamech 43, Defend 32, fly
Lamech-defend 15, attack 21

bill-41hp (minus one token), NS-63hp (fly failed), Lamech-dead, happy-1hp

billtodamax
2009-06-11, 05:23 PM
I think NS auto wins. No wait! I see a way out.

Murska
2009-06-11, 05:28 PM
At this point it's about guessing the actions of the opposition. NS can defend for more than you can attack with, but then he won't be able to deal you damage if you defend. And if he attacks for more than you can defend, he'll be vulnerable for attack while you can eat the damage.

Selrahc
2009-06-11, 05:38 PM
Um.. can I get my name spelled right in the narration?

Lamech
2009-06-11, 07:15 PM
Dang should have full attacked... and I was including happy's attack with my own. I just kind of assumed it would be obvious...

arrgh... I'm dead, but I die knowing I have given my life for my cause! Back through the revolving door.

Anyway: NS pretty much auto wins this if he plays a good game. Although he could still slip up...

Fan
2009-06-11, 07:16 PM
Um.. can I get my name spelled right in the narration?

Sorry, I just usually think of people's names as they're pronounced......:smallredface:

GoC
2009-06-13, 05:15 PM
Am I supposed to continue?
If so then bill futily attacks NS.

Fan
2009-06-13, 05:33 PM
It goes on for 5 rounds, then I win with a coup de grace on him, and then I put Happy down, my attack ending the game before Hell's heart can do anything.:smallsigh:

Murska
2009-06-13, 05:36 PM
Eh. You cannot damage him if you also defend enough so he cannot damage you. So it's about guessing what he does. If he fulldefends, you have to fullattack, if he fullattacks you have to defend enough to offset that and attack.

happyturtle
2009-06-13, 05:39 PM
Why would the game end before Hell's Heart hurt you?

Lamech
2009-06-14, 02:32 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure the game would NOT end before hell's heart would kill you.

It goes on for 5 rounds, then I win with a coup de grace on him, and then I put Happy down, my attack ending the game before Hell's heart can do anything Hmm... yeah no this does not guarrentee a win for you. Sorry try again. And no I will not give you advice. I'll explain to GoC if he asks...

Fan
2009-06-14, 02:36 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure the game would NOT end before hell's heart would kill you.

Hmm... yeah no this does not guarrentee a win for you. Sorry try again. And no I will not give you advice. I'll explain to GoC if he asks...

How so, the game ends once the final player is down, nothing else.... Hell's heart explicitly states that it happens AFTER death, and AFTER her death the game is over, and the power is voided as there isn't a person to hurt as the game is over.
Also, if you want to get technical about it, I just defend with the rest of the energy, and fly as well, thus garunteeing me that I at least live from hell's heart.
There's also the clause that powers can be used more then once, and the debatablity of the 50% damage avoidance from fly stacking.

Murska
2009-06-14, 09:19 AM
Hell's Heart hits you the same turn you kill the owner of the power. And the game ends once the round ends.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 09:24 AM
So the game actually could end with everyone dead and no winner at all?

Awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-06-14, 10:53 AM
The best possible outcome for the GM of course!

GoC
2009-06-16, 10:40 AM
NS isn't sending actions.
Who wants to host the (hopefully better) next one?