PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A few questions. This thread can be locked

Zerg Cookie
2009-04-29, 12:07 PM
Edit: My questions were answered, this thread can be locked/deleted/whatever

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-29, 12:12 PM
1. Ironwood is not permanent or instantaneous.

2. It is only treated as having +1 enhancement bonus. It isn't magical, or even masterwork, therefore cannot be enhanced further.

3. Even if it could be enhanced further, you still need to pay the necessary amount required to enhance a +1 weapon to +2 weapon, which is 6000 gp.

4. You lose that additional enhancement after the spell runs out. You don't get the 6000 gp back.

EDIT: Druids use Mistletoe as a Divine Focus. Check the Equipment section of your PHB.

Jack_Simth
2009-04-29, 12:13 PM
Check the duration of the spell. It's not instant. You'll lose the ironwood property a few days after the fact.

Zerg Cookie
2009-04-29, 12:18 PM
Now I feel stupid for not looking at the duration line :smalltongue:
What about the druid's DF?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-04-29, 12:21 PM
Holly and mistletoe, it costs nothing and weighs nothing, it's on the same equipment table as a holy symbol and spell component pouch.

Studoku
2009-04-29, 12:24 PM
First of all, I'll quote the Ironwood (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ironwood.htm)spell:

So if I got it right (and I probably didn't), can I get a druid to cast wood shape for 60gp (Caster level 3 * 20p) to make a wooden longsword and then get another druid to cast ironwood ons said longsword For 660gp (Caster level 11 * 60gp), and then get a wizard to enchant it as a flaming weapon for 2000gp (+1 cost = 2000).
So I paid 2720gp for something I would otherwise pay about 8300gp for.
That hardly makes sense...
First, if the item functions as a +1 enhancement, I'd say it counts as +1 before you add enchantments to it. Therfore, the flaming enchantment would cost 6000.

Second, the spell lasts 1 day/level, so it'd revert to wood after 11 days.

And the druid question: I'm making a druid and I see some druid spells with a divine focus... But I can't find ANYWHERE where it says what a druid's divine focus is... So, what is it?
I think it's a holy symbol.

Chronos
2009-04-29, 04:34 PM
Second, the spell lasts 1 day/level, so it'd revert to wood after 11 days.Worse than that: It'd actually disappear entirely. The original wooden object isn't the target of the spell, it's a material component. So the original object is consumed in the process of creating a new item out of thin air, and the new object, being created ex nihilo, reverts back ab nihilo when its duration is up.