PDA

View Full Version : Haley's Arrows

Starknight
2009-04-29, 04:35 PM
Hello,

First, I am not sure if there is a better (already established) thread for this question. If there is, would the powers that be please move this to the appropriate section. Thank you kindly.

Question: Does Haley have a magical quiver of holding? In the OOTS # 648, Haley shoots Crystal with four arrows. I don't see a quiver on her. Regardless if she had a quiver, would she collect her arrows back? Or does she not need them because of a quiver of holding (or an Everfull Quiver)?

Thank you,

Starknight

The Blackbird
2009-04-29, 04:37 PM
Naw, I think she estimated how many arrows she would need to finish Crystal. She has many bags of holding, but no endless quiver thing... Unless it's mentioned in Origins the only OOTS book I have yet to read.

Moriarty
2009-04-30, 03:32 AM
i'm not a d&d player myself, but i believe i read somewhere that arrows have neither value nor weight. so you can have any amount in your backpack

Trixie
2009-04-30, 03:53 AM
Nope, arrows have both.

hewhosaysfish
2009-04-30, 06:58 AM
Nope, arrows have both.

But very few groups I've seen will pay the slightest bit of attention to either.

Elemental_Elf
2009-04-30, 08:39 PM
But very few groups I've seen will pay the slightest bit of attention to either.

Amen to that. :smallbiggrin:

kenb215
2009-05-01, 06:11 AM
The only time Haley was ever drawn with a quiver was in 417 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0417.html), giving a few to other soldiers. From 470 (With Three Arrows Left in the Quiver) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0470.html), I guess she uses a normal quiver, with extra quivers/arrows in a bag of holding.

JustRain
2009-05-01, 07:25 AM
The only time Haley was ever drawn with a quiver was in 417 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0417.html), giving a few to other soldiers. From 470 (With Three Arrows Left in the Quiver) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0470.html), I guess she uses a normal quiver, with extra quivers/arrows in a bag of holding.

I don't think we can assume anything based on the strip's title. Even Led Zeppelin are mentioned in one of them.
I bet Rich simply didn't pay much attention to it. Honestly, is there anyone here who actually pays attention to quivers and to number of arrows left in game?

Kaytara
2009-05-01, 07:42 AM
I think it's less complicated than that - the quiver isn't drawn because it would clutter her character design.

I mean, we aren't assuming that none of the characters have an inventory just because no bags are drawn, right? While Haley definitely has reserve arrows in her bag of holding, I'm certain the quiver she's using is strapped securely to her back and just isn't drawn.

JustRain
2009-05-01, 08:23 AM
I think it's less complicated than that - the quiver isn't drawn because it would clutter her character design.

I mean, we aren't assuming that none of the characters have an inventory just because no bags are drawn, right? While Haley definitely has reserve arrows in her bag of holding, I'm certain the quiver she's using is strapped securely to her back and just isn't drawn.

Well, that's a point, too.

xyzzy
2009-05-01, 09:01 AM
I don't think we can assume anything based on the strip's title. Even Led Zeppelin are mentioned in one of them.
I bet Rich simply didn't pay much attention to it. Honestly, is there anyone here who actually pays attention to quivers and to number of arrows left in game?

Well, according to one of the bonus comics, Led Zeppelin (or at least their lyrics) exist in the OOTS world, so it's not that much of a stretch :smallbiggrin:

shadowfox
2009-05-01, 09:16 AM

I think it's also along the lines of V's familiar: it doesn't exist until you need something from it.

Dagren
2009-05-01, 01:43 PM
Well, that's a point, too.Especially since we saw her giving quivers to the extras in (#417 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0417.html)), and they weren't drawn with them either. It certainly looks like only the character's weapons are drawn, not ammunition.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-05-01, 03:32 PM
She does have a quiver. However, just like V and Drukon's shoes and most of the characters' pants, Rich doesn't feel like drawing it and thinks it would clutter up the panels.

And who wants to go through the trouble of Haley trying to keep up with how many arrows she has left? In every game I 've played, you have arrows. That's all you need to know.

JustRain
2009-05-01, 04:07 PM
Well, according to one of the bonus comics, Led Zeppelin (or at least their lyrics) exist in the OOTS world, so it's not that much of a stretch :smallbiggrin:

Well... Another reason to buy them already! In which one is that?

twerk_face
2009-05-01, 08:31 PM

This is why I play oldschool

ericgrau
2009-05-01, 09:10 PM
It's kinda like Vaarsuvius' familiar who always rests on his shoulder.