PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] For The Vampire Killer In Your Unlife

Dareon
2006-08-13, 07:49 AM
Okay, this one's a little silly, but for those fans of Castlevania...

Belmont's Holy Water [Divine]
Your training allows you to create an area of flames by throwing a bottle of holy water.
Prerequisites: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (whip, whip dagger, or spiked chain), ability to turn undead.
Benefit: You may create a 10-foot by 10-foot sea of boiling white flames by throwing a flask of holy water at the junction of squares you wish the area to be centered on. Doing this is treated just like throwing a normal grenadelike weapon. The flames created by this ability are infused with holy power, and deal damage to a creature normally affected by holy water as if they had received a direct hit by a dose of it. The flames persist until your next turn, and deal damage to creatures entering the flames if they are susceptible to such damage. A given creature will only take damage from the flames once, regardless of how it moves within the area or how many squares of the area it occupies.
Special: A fighter may select this feat as one of his bonus feats.

Wizzardman
2006-08-13, 12:18 PM
...Wouldn't you get the same results by having someone bless a bottle of Alchemist's Fire?

I suppose you could add silver dust and holy oil to the ingrediants list if you want...

I_Got_This_Name
2006-08-13, 01:15 PM
Divine feats always cost a use of Turn/Rebuke Undead to use.

Collin152
2006-08-13, 03:15 PM
Why the proficencies? Why would you need to be able to use whips?

martyboy74
2006-08-13, 04:12 PM
Why the proficencies? Why would you need to be able to use whips?
You never played/seen Castlevania, have you?

Dareon
2006-08-13, 05:03 PM
Blessed alchemist's fire, as far as I'm aware, would still deal only 1 splash damage.

Divine feats always cost a use of Turn/Rebuke Undead to use.
Whoops. I had this as a general feat before posting it, but then I remembered half of the divine feat description, that they always need the ability to turn undead as a prereq. Forgot you actually had to USE the turn undead to power the feat.

I also added the "only once" stipulation when I posted it, thoughts on relative balance if it could damage up to four times if the creature moves through/occupies all four spaces? Its relative strength would increase against Large and larger undead, and I think it would be a departure from the general rule that multi-square effects don't affect large creatures occupying the effect more than once...

And the weapon proficiency is really flavor. If you wanted to use it in your own campaign, you could probably drop the proficiency in favor of something more fitting.