PDA

View Full Version : Overrunning with a Chariot?

Dragannia
2009-04-30, 10:51 AM
So I'm making a chariot, mainly using the chariot rules in Sword and Fist and Arms and Equipment, but there's always something that bugs me. Firstly, is there a way to make overrunning charge-able? It just seems like it makes no sense not to be. Secondly, how about overruning multiple targets, like Trample (Ex)? I know there's the feat Fell Trample but that's a cavalry thing and not really a chariot thing. Do I have to homebrew this or is there a way to be able to gain something like Trample (Ex)?

bosssmiley
2009-04-30, 05:16 PM
Trampling and overrunning are a function of the creatures that provide the motive force for the chariot, rather than of the chariot itself. If they're trained to trample (warhorses and the like), they'll do it. If the beasts (or the controlling charioteer) have the required feats for extra effect on a charge, then consult your DM on whether they apply in this instance.

The chariot (and its riders) generally only get hauled along in the haulers' wake, maybe adding a little extra bewheeled insult to the injury of being trampled/over-run by a ton or more of frothing horseflesh.

That said: wheel scythes. Without the joy that is wheel scythes a chariot is nothing but a cart with pretensions. :smallwink:

BobVosh
2009-04-30, 05:31 PM
Trampling and overrunning are a function of the creatures that provide the motive force for the chariot, rather than of the chariot itself. If they're trained to trample (warhorses and the like), they'll do it. If the beasts (or the controlling charioteer) have the required feats for extra effect on a charge, then consult your DM on whether they apply in this instance.

The chariot (and its riders) generally only get hauled along in the haulers' wake, maybe adding a little extra bewheeled insult to the injury of being trampled/over-run by a ton or more of frothing horseflesh.

That said: wheel scythes. Without the joy that is wheel scythes a chariot is nothing but a cart with pretensions. :smallwink:

qft

If you are doing 2 horse chariot, etc, I would also have the animals do aid another attempts.