PDA

View Full Version : Can't let you post that, GitP; Star Fox Discussion

Geno9999
2009-04-30, 04:12 PM
Basically, this is the same idea as one of the other threads (Fire Emblem discussion.) Just a thread for SF fans to talk about which endings they like from Star Fox Command, Brag about their scores on Star Fox 64, or if they know were you can download the unreleased Star Fox 2.

SO!
To start this off, My favorite Star Wolf member is Wolf O'Donnel. Come on, you gotta admit that his eyepatch/cyborg eye is pretty badass. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyepatchOfPower)

Assassin89
2009-04-30, 06:51 PM
For Starfox 64, I have medals of each stage in the normal mode, but expert mode is mostly unfulfilled. I also once got a simultaneous kill and death on Zoness by defeating the boss enemy at the same time I was damaged and crashed. For Assault, I have completed the story, but not the medals. For Star Fox Command, I have gotten every single ending, but I prefer the ending "Goodbye, Fox".

Mando Knight
2009-04-30, 06:58 PM
HAHA! As of the writing of this, I am the most superior SF64 player in the Playground! :smalltongue: ...if only because I know that Geno hasn't beaten my scores yet, and I have cleared all of the medal scores in Expert. I don't blame anyone who's given up on getting the Hard mode medals... some of them are really hard.

Without the weird methods of the GameFAQs high scorers, I've only managed a high score of 1776, back on the original N64. Haven't beaten that score since, and I've had 9-10 years of practice. :smallsigh:

AlterForm
2009-04-30, 07:10 PM
I wish they'd make another game like SF64. Just, you know, longer and with better graphics.

I think with Assault (Adventures never happened :smallannoyed:) they started moving away from SF's roots too far. Don't get me wrong; foot- and landmaster-missions are fun, but medium-sized nonlinear levels just don't feel like SF to me. Longer levels with multiple paths (like Venom on the 64) would be a good way, IMO, to use foot, landmaster, and aquamarine* missions in the generally-linear format of SF.

*Poor Aquamarine. Eternally resigned to a nearly-forgotten status in the Cornerian system. The Aquas level was really slow, but its idea was super-awesome in practice.

As for medals...I think I got about 2/3 of them on normal-mode SF64, and I'm missing only 1 GORRAMN FLAG ON THE LAST LEVEL on SF Assault.