PDA

View Full Version : Question on Poison / Affliction

TheDon
2009-04-30, 05:18 PM
And so, once again, I turn to the wisdom of the collective.

I'm planning to play a VoP Druid and I'm planning to take Touch of Golden Ice as one of my bonus feats. With normaly coated weapon, the question never really rise, as once you've attacked, the charge is spent, but with golden ice, I still retain the contact "poison". Does the target keep making saves everytime I attack? Or as soon as it's afflicted, the poison is flowing and no amount of additional poison make a differance?

And if not, how long before the poison can take effect once again? after the secondairy ability damage roll?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit : Also, if the target does keep making saving throws, is it on my every attack? so that would be 3 saving throws per round (claw/claw/bite) :smalleek:

SurlySeraph
2009-05-01, 03:22 AM
Yep! The target has to save or be poisoned every time you attack.

Zergrusheddie
2009-05-01, 04:39 AM
VoP Druids are scary. When I played one, there was one combo that just slaughtered any evil thing in my path:

Fleshraker (MM3) + Touch of Golden Ice + Venomfire (Serpent Kingdoms).
Venomfire deals CLd6 damage to the target every time they fail a Poison save. When you Charge with a Fleshraker, you get 3 (or 4 if you count Rake) Natural Poison attacks and 5 with Touch of Golden Ice. The DC of Golden Ice is low, but when the opponent needs to make 3 save every round, they are going to fail it sometime. Golden Ice and FR Poison both deal 1d6 Dexterity damage, so it is completely possible to turn someone into Tin-Man instantly, though Venomfire is likely to kill them before that.

It got to the point where the DM banned Venomfire. The Poison is still extremely deadly though. The very last time we played that campaign, the Dragon failed 4 Fortitude saves and ate 17 Dexterity damage. Second round of combat, I Charged and auto-killed the rather unlucky 'Evil Dragon' :smallamused:

A word of advice though; don't become so powerful to the point where your friends are just henchmen carrying swag and healing you. It encroaches on their enjoyment and puts you in line of fire of the DM's nerfbat.
Best of luck
-Eddie

JBento
2009-05-01, 05:35 PM
That's a fun combo. It's also illegal, because, by the RAWtardity of the BoED, use of poison is an Eeeeeevil act, which automatically means you are no longer exalted and no longer get neither VoP nor ToGI

Assassin89
2009-05-01, 05:40 PM
That's a fun combo. It's also illegal, because, by the RAWtardity of the BoED, use of poison is an Eeeeeevil act, which automatically means you are no longer exalted and no longer get neither VoP nor ToGI

Technically, Golden Ice is not a poison, but a ravage, which is a supernatural poison that affects only evil beings. The OP just calls it a poison due to its function. Unless you are referring to Vemonfire, then it is not exalted.

JBento
2009-05-02, 04:19 AM
Actually, I'm referring to the fleshraker's poison :smallsmile: