PDA

View Full Version : Exalted 2ed Dragonbloods story arcs

BobVosh
2009-04-30, 05:44 PM
I'm running a game where heroic mortals will exalt into DBs (only 1 person has played before, and he asked for this) Problem is...I was asked yesterday and I have one week to prepare. I am running this so the other 4 people can learn the system. I have no clue what to do.

What I have decided so far:
DBs
H Mortal exalt in game
Outcaste

What I want:
General plothooks/suggestions for exaltation arc
General failures/common pitfalls in similiar attempts

I can't think of a story arc for some reason. Mainly because I'm used to solars, I guess. I'm reasonably familiar with the setting, and have access to almost every book.

Thanks for anyhelp :D

Terraoblivion
2009-04-30, 05:49 PM
So the characters are going to start as teenagers? No dragonblooded exalt after the age of 20. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it, it just wasn't clear to me if you were aware of that angle and it seems rather important in what plots are possible and general themes of the game.

Horatio@Bridge
2009-04-30, 06:09 PM
Read Runaways. The characters are all teenage heroic mortals, who discover that their parents are evil supervillains (i.e., typical high-ranking members of the Dragonblooded houses). The characters run away, discover their Exaltations as they do so, and then take down their parents' nefarious plot with their newfound power.

Hmm...other plot ideas include destroying a powerful artifact for a group of Celestial Exalted, because the Celestials have too big an impact on fate to sneak in and do it themselves (and are busy trying to fight a war to hold back the evil dude in the meantime).

They could also be the ones to figure out the Great Curse, when they see that Solars aren't so evil after all, but gradually slide into chaos.

They could all be favored servants of a new Solar, and then you could make a samurai game out of it as they serve their masters interests to the fullest of their abilities.

They could take the role that DB have always had since the Usurpation: mankind's only defense against the horrible things in the dark. They're a group of bounty-hunters out destroying the monster of the week. They can face down Fae, hungry ghosts, chimera, and even the despicable Anathema as they're being reborn.

BobVosh
2009-04-30, 11:26 PM
@ Horatio: Is bad I look at that and figure out how to combine it all into one?

Leave, exalt, meet up with solar, do standard quests for him in the creation of a MacGuffin (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MacGuffin), figure out the great curse, and finally chuck the parents out of thier seats to figure out what to do with their knowledge on the solars.

Forgot that DBs don't exalt after 20, but not a big deal.

Thanks for the help.