PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, back in the city...

Ted The Bug
2009-04-30, 06:24 PM
This story arc has taken a fair amount of time, enough for a whole fleet of refugees to sail quite a distance, and enough for Haley and co to travel at walking speed to Greysky City. The question...what is Xykon up to?

Last time we dropped in on him was when Redcloak was negotiating (Priceline stlye) with O-Chul. That was a while ago. There are still two more gates left, and OotS has done nothing (as far as we know) to move the overall anti-Xykon plot forward. The question:
What is Xykon doing? You can't just presume that he was sitting on his bony posterior researching in Azure City without uncovering SOMETHING new. He doesn't have the attention span.

Assassin89
2009-04-30, 06:28 PM
What is Xykon doing? Watching zombie gladiators fight each other for his amusement.

JJ48
2009-04-30, 06:39 PM
Personally, I think Redcloak is intentionally stalling things, to make sure the hobgoblin nation is well situated and capable of taking care of itself economically, before he and Xykon continue their quest.

Linkavitch
2009-04-30, 07:10 PM
What is Xykon doing? Watching zombie gladiators fight each other for his amusement.

Nah, he's watching zombie gladiators fight O-Chul for his own amusement.

liooil2000
2009-04-30, 07:38 PM
Nah, he's watching zombie gladiators fight O-Chul for his own amusement.

I thought that Redcloak made Xykon promise not to use O-Chul for personal amusement.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-04-30, 07:41 PM
I thought that Redcloak made Xykon promise not to use O-Chul for personal amusement.

You say that like he cares

derfenrirwolv
2009-04-30, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by liooil2000

He promised not to put O chul in with any animal, aberation, or magical beast, but forgot to mention undead. (as well as construct, ooze, plant, outsider, or several other creature types) See 543

The Reanimated gladiators are, undead, thus fulfilling the exact wording of the promise.

Also remember, Xykon is spending 8 hours a day cranking out magic items. That can't be good.

Estelindis
2009-04-30, 08:03 PM
Undead weren't included in the promise. :smallwink: :smalleek:

EDIT: Ooops! Ninja'd. (*looks at time stamp* Well, kinda. I guess that's what I get for opening a zillion tabs and reading them one by one...)