PDA

View Full Version : More PEACHY goodness - Bliss Poisons

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-24, 09:46 PM
Revisions (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11543007 73;start=5#5) further down the page.

Bliss Poisons
The assassin vine is greatly feared for its carnivorous nature, but few know of its more insidious cousin, the bliss vine. The bliss vine lures its victims to it by exuding a sweet-smelling aroma from its blossoms. This smell is actually a narcotic, causing the inhaler to go into a blissful daze while the vine kills its victim. (Treat the bliss vine as having statistics identical to those of the assassin vine, but with an aura of bliss which affects all breathing creatures who come within five feet of it. The Fort save DC for the aura of bliss is 10 + 1/2 HD + the vine's Con mod. Otherwise, the aura of bliss is identical to bliss perfume, below. The aura of bliss is an extraordinary ability that operates only in the spring and summer.) The seeds of the bliss vine, when harvested in the autumn, can be made into a drug by crushing and dissolving them to make a perfume, or simply by eating the seeds themselves. The seeds can also be crushed and mixed with food and drink to create an ingested poison. The below products are all higly addictive; an addicted character can go only half the normal time between doses (calculate time between doses as normal, then divide by 2, to a minimum time of half an hour).

Bliss perfume: plant narcotic; inhaled; Fort DC 15; 1d2 Dex, 1d4 Int, and 1d4 Wis; dazed and charmed for 1d10 rounds; Craft DC 24; 450 gp per dose.

Bliss seed, whole or crushed: plant narcotic; ingested; Fort DC 20; 1d4 Dex, 1d6 Int, 1d6 Wis, and charmed; unconscious and charmed for 1 hour; Craft DC 29; 540 gp per dose.

Note: The effects induced by bliss seed and bliss perfume are unique in a couple of ways. Firstly, characters suffering the secondary effects of bliss seed are not truly unconscious, but in a foggy state of semi-consciousness. The character remains vaguely aware of his surroundings, but cannot perceive anything clearly. The character has no sense of time flow. The character is totally limp and unable to take any deliberate physical or mental action. Secondly, the charm effect which gives the bliss vine and its derivatives their names causes the affected character to view as friendly everyone he encounters, regardless of their actions. He may change his opinion of them after the effect has worn off.

Brickwall
2006-07-24, 09:57 PM
You should change your name to "Iames, Lord of Sin". Seriously, you seem to be trying to add mechanics to everything looked down upon by humanity.

But that's fine with us. You should have helped author the BoVD. You rule.

These things are pretty good, at the cursory glance I'm giving them.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-24, 11:23 PM
Thanks.... I think. :-/

Clearly, for the sake of karmic balance, I must now attempt to create rules for all that makes us feel warm and fuzzy. ;D

Collin152
2006-07-24, 11:32 PM
Don't you dare! i listen to your words for scorned pracices, and I want to hear them!

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-24, 11:37 PM
Okaaaaaay.... *is slightly creeped out*

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-13, 01:47 PM
Revisions!

Bliss Poisons
The assassin vine is greatly feared for its carnivorous nature, but few know of its more insidious cousin, the bliss vine. The bliss vine lures its victims to it by exuding a sweet-smelling aroma from its blossoms. This smell is actually a narcotic, causing the inhaler to go into a blissful daze while the vine kills its victim. (The Bliss Vine's stats can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11563454 86;start=0#0).)
The seeds of the bliss vine, when harvested in the autumn, can be made into a drug by crushing and dissolving them to make a perfume, or simply by eating the seeds themselves. The seeds can also be crushed and mixed with food and drink to create an ingested poison. The below products are all higly addictive; an addicted character can go only half the normal time between doses (calculate time between doses as normal, then divide by 2, to a minimum time of half an hour). For my addiction rules, click here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11543007 90).

Bliss perfume: plant narcotic; inhaled; Fort DC 15; dazed and charmed; stunned and charmed for 1d10 rounds; Craft DC 24; 450 gp per dose.

Bliss seed, whole or crushed: plant narcotic; ingested; Fort DC 20; 1d4 Dex, 1d6 Int, 1d6 Wis, and charmed; unconscious and charmed for 1 hour; Craft DC ~; 540 gp per dose.

Note: The effects induced by bliss seed and bliss perfume are unique in a couple of ways. Firstly, characters suffering the secondary effects of bliss seed are not truly unconscious, but in a foggy state of semi-consciousness. The character remains vaguely aware of his surroundings, but cannot perceive anything clearly. The character has no sense of time flow. The character is totally limp and unable to take any deliberate physical or mental action. Secondly, the charm effect which gives the bliss vine and its derivatives their names causes the affected character to view as friendly everyone he encounters, regardless of their actions. He may change his opinion of them after the effect has worn off. This charm effect is an extraordinary mind-affecting effect.

And since it hasn't yet been a month and a half, there is no thread necromancy here! I looked at the rules to make sure!