Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, devour organs
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +5, Move Silently +4
Feats: Weapon Focus (Grapple), Power Attack
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, or harvesting (4-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 6-12 HD (Medium), 13-16 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: –

Visceral Felchers are savage subterranean aberrations that take sick glee in ripping their foes open and devouring their organs, leaving wounds that can be fatal if not treated. A Visceral Felcher resembles a five foot long worm, with a savage maw filled with spiraling teeth and two glob-like, red eyes.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a Visceral Felcher must hit a Medium or smaller opponent with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold.

Devour Organs (Ex)
With a successful grapple check, a Visceral Felcher deals 1 point of Constitution damage to its foe. This damage can be lethal if not treated soon. If the damaged character goes 24 hours without having the Constitution damage healed, he must make a Fortitude save, DC 12 plus the amount of Constitution damage he has suffered, or die. Every 24 hours he does not have the damage healed, he must make another check, with the DC increasing by 1 each time.

Fizban
2006-08-13, 07:26 AM
Havent I read about an organ devouring creature before? I think it was BoVD and it transmitted the taste of your organs too you while it ate them. Other than that, shouldn't gnawing on someones organs be a bit more deadly? When I visualized this creature I saw an intestine in its mouth.

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 09:50 AM
Havent I read about an organ devouring creature before? I think it was BoVD and it transmitted the taste of your organs too you while it ate them. Other than that, shouldn't gnawing on someones organs be a bit more deadly? When I visualized this creature I saw an intestine in its mouth.
It doesn't eat them all at once--maybe a chunk of organ each round, nothing enough to kill it instantly, but deadly if not healed.