PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder Beta] Second Darkness Item Creation -Please comment

Zim
2009-05-01, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

Player posting here, so please avoid future spoilers.

We just wrapped up Shadow in the Sky and have ended up with a lot of flooding in certain underground locations that we want access to. To remedy this situation, my tinkering kobold bard had come up with the following wondrous item concepts to help remove the water. Any feedback and help with costing/mechanics would be appreciated. This is my first attempt at using the PF Beta magic item creation rules.

Option 1:
The Telltale Pump (wondrous item)
faint necromancy, CL 5th
Slot -, Price 900gp Weight 100 lbs
This plain, iron-bound metal chest is secured with a good lock and has two metal pipes emerging from the sides and a series of levers and control knobs on the front surface. When attached to canvas or hide hoses and activated, the chest will pump 50 gallons of water per minute for up to 1 hour per day.
If the chest is unlocked, the grizly truth about this device is revealed. Contained within is the still-beating heart of a whale or similar huge creature, magically preserved and animated.
Requirements: CL 5, Craft Wondrous Item, Animate Dead, Gentle repose

Just hook it up to some hoses and let it go! I'm not sure about the costing and duration of the pump though. Maybe it should have a limited functional lifespan before wearing out or require fuel (whale oil?).

Option 2:
Servant's Bell (Wondrous Item)
Aura: Faint Conjuration CL: 1st
Slot: - Cost:1080gp Weight: 1/4 lb
This fine, ornate bell is the type typically used by wealthy individuals to summon their servants. Three times per day, when rung gently, the tinkling bell conjures an Unseen Servant, who will serve whoever holds the bell for 1 hour, or until dismissed.
If you put the bell down, the servant will continue to perform the last
instruction given to it until the bell is picked up and a new command is given, or the duration ends, whichever occurs first. The bell counts as the caster for determining the range of the unseen servant(ie CL 1 = 25ft).
Requirements: Craft Wondrous item, Unseen Servant, 540 gp, 1 Day

Just build a normal bellows pump and set the servant to work or have it carry a bucket and dump it out. I can see this taking a while though.

Thoughts?