PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Civ Game

ArlEammon
2009-05-01, 07:19 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6057808#post6057808

*Super Smash Brothers Music*
A mysterious dream can be had by any. Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm an insomniac college student or am I a beverage in a can?

All nations begin seperate from eachother. They can discover eachother throughout the immediate solar system (Or one other), but most nations are on the main game planet.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-05-02, 11:01 AM
Accessing CODEC feed: FOXHOUND
TOP SECRET
Streaming...

You're certain?
Two F-16's. Radar has them clear as day. If you were expecting a distraction to cover Snake's entrance, I'd say this is it, no question.
Alright. I'll take care of them. Get to your position.
Roger that.
Stay alert. He'll be through here...I know it. I'm going to swat down a couple of bothersome-
Fwwoooomph.
flies...
Uh...boss...I don't think we're in Alaska anymore...
Vat ze hell do you mean? Of course ve're in Ala...vait, vere did zat coastline come from?
Boss, both those F-16's just...vanished-
Boss, Baker...he disappeared-
Hey, boss, one of the guards is gone. There's this key card, I think it's to-
Everybody SHUT UP! Look, the F-16's are gone, so I'm going to take the Hind and look around. Everyone else remain on guard, Snake may still be through at any moment.

End CODEC feed.

A small, snowy island seems to have appeared off the coast of one of the planet's continents. A helicopter rises up from a base on the island, and flies towards the main continent, its pilot observing the surroundings.

Lord Magtok
2009-05-02, 12:50 PM
Somewhere Beyond the Sea

"I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your-"

The radio is cut off, there's some vague shift, something's suddenly gone...not according to plan. That shining metal bathysphere, as well as that shadowy guy riding along inside to the underwater dystopia, are suddenly in slightly warmer waters, an entirely different ocean. A whale swims along, accidentally hits the little round pod with its tail, jarring the bathysphere off it's course, dooming the fellow inside to plummet down into the murky depths. The parasite is dead.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-02, 01:46 PM
Opening, the sound of ocarina, Zelda's Lullaby. Zoom in from the clouds to to a castle, made of stone with red tops. It is surrounded by a labyrinth of shrubbery, and armored soldiers pace back and forth all through the mazes.

Just outside the city gates, a young Zora comes running in, out of breath and scared like hell. He can't be more than eight, by Hyrulian standards, and yet he juts right to the castle. Some guards seize him however.

"Get out of here," they bark, moving to throw him out, when he cries "I need to see the king. Something terrible happened. Please listen..."

"No way Garn, this kids gotta be joking us. If something happened to him, why aint he telling the Zora King, hmm..."
"He's gotta point there kid."

"If I go home, then they'll know..." the Zora kid turns a pale blue. "My brother's gone. We were swimming out by Lake Hyrule, when something started happening in the water. I got out, but my brother... Then next thing I knew, Lake Hyrule was gone, and I was standing next to an ocean."

Both the guards started laughing. This was a joke. Nothing like that could ever happen. Then there came panic from the streets, and the kid broke loose to get to the king.

In the streets of Hyrule, a startled voice rang out "The Stars are different! The Sun is Closer! The Moon has moved!", and several variations and combinations of the same thing, the astrologist leading the rants. Something was happening.

The Zora boy hopped in the water around the castle and swam on in. He tried to get to the king, but the prince intercepted him. "What are you doing here Zora?"
"I'm here to see your father. Something terrible has happened. I need to see him... Sorry Prince." The zora boy pointed his fins at the Prince.

"No, wait." calmed the prince. "I believe you... In fact, I dreamed this whole thing. Come on, I'll get you an audience with my dad."

The_JJ
2009-05-02, 03:09 PM
The world shakes, shudders, and lies still. Raven Omayn starts, and looks at her fellow mouths. "One of yours?"
Arara Uvulas shrugs. "Probably."

Minutes later Baladas Demnevanni strolls into the building, much to everyone's suprise, as he normally stays out in Gnisis, far from the rest of the House. "Ah, so those Dwemer texts were correct. Just because it's thousands of years old doesn't mean they aren't lying. A common flaw for many historians, I thinks."

"Err... what exactly did you do, sir?"

"Oh right, well, seems the Dwemer stumbled upon a way to move through alternate dimensions. I expanded on their work. Moved the whole island of Vvardenfell. No more Empire. I suppose Dren will be happy about that. Now, where was that Errand Boy?"

Falgorn
2009-05-02, 03:23 PM
Open on the outside of a great Tower. Zoom into the tower, and you see many minions working to better the Tower. One is smelting a sword with minion blood, another is having the wenches dust the Lord's private chambers.

"Status report, Gnarl. Where are we?"
"I have...not the slightest clue, oh great Lord."
"Fetch me Norvil, he can divine us."
Gnarl whistles, and a blue, old minion comes forth. "We are...on a different planet, Lord. One with an Ocean next to our great Tower."
"Perfect. More lands for me to conquer." He says, with a deep chuckle. The minions begin swarming.

Connor Darkdart
2009-05-03, 02:49 AM
The skys clear as 3 Covenant Drop hips descend, those who look hard will see a Covenant Mothership up in the space.

"Scan for Flood"

"None Detected, Arbiter

"Tell the dropships to deploy the Truth Settlers, and lower us into the atmosphere."

The Mothership slowly descends into the stratosphere, then the atmosphere, until finally it is only 50 meters away from the ground, in a area with no noticeable inhabitants.

"Deploy Landing Gear, Captain" the Arbiter said while observing from the holo camera

"Arbiter! The general magnetic field of the planet is acting as a jammer, were going down!" the Captain exclaimed, looking down at the readouts.

Even though it was only 50 meters, the EC John117 still hit the ground hard. The 3 Dropships had deployed their Truth Settlers, landed and then found all their systems de activated.

"Status Report!" the Arbiter shouted.

"All systems apart from door mechanisms and basic machinery appear to be down Arbiter. Dropships report correct deployment of Truth Settlers."

"Get the crew offboard, grab whatever technology you can on the way out."

As time wore on, it was increasingly obvious that they were going to be stuck for a while.

"We're working on it sir, but it could take months. said the Jackal technician. He had drawn the short straw and had to tell the Arbiter the bad news.

"Any vehicles working? We need see if there is any other sapient life on this planet."

Some of the Ghosts are working at about 50% capacity, but all weapons apart from Energy Swords and Gravity Hammers are seemingly broken sir.

"Send some Elites with Energy Swords and a single Brute with a Gravity Hammer. I do not want them firing unless absolutely neccesary."

"Yes Arbiter"

Ive balanced the Covenant a bit. I reckon Ghosts at half capacity = about the same pace as a galloping horse, so I find it quite reasonable. The image of Elites using anything other than Energy Swords sounds silly. Are we all going to remain at the same level, or will we eventually start to excel among the other nations?

TerraImmorits
2009-05-03, 04:20 AM
"Welcome to the Apeture Science Enrichment Center. You may have previously killed me, but as you can hear now, I am. Still Alive."

"Our Apeture Science neurotoxin has been removed from the testing chamber. It is now safe to enter. Would I lie to you? Really?"

"Now, the ground outsiisisisisisi- has changed density. All Apeture Science crew members are to begin alteration of the generic Testing turrets, previously used in the Android testing rr-r-r--range."

"Please remember. There will be cake. And use your Portal device, worth more than the total income and organs of <<Subject hometown here>>, to make your job easy and enjoyable."

A lady in an orange jumpsuit ran by, knocking over sevral of the turrets that the other workers were buzy affixing legs to, moving slowly in thier long white labcoats.

The little turrets sputtered automatic fire crazily about the room for a moment, before automattically shutting off with a soft, "I don't hate you."

Jesse Drake
2009-05-03, 11:55 AM
Elsewhere, on the mountainside west of Hyrule, a single, large black horse rides, its rider very large. The horse rides with a purpose, and somehow, the storms seem to follow. The figure is cloaked, but his hands are out, gripping the reigns of his steed tightly. The symbol of a triangle graces his hand, and it glows brightly.

Far, far away, elsewhere, location unknown. A large balloon travels around the globe, where it stops, nobody knows. Attatched to the balloon is a weird green man. He seems awake, and active, as he has a scroll in one hand, a pen in the other, and slung to his back, a rolls of empty maps. He grins to himself as he says "Ooh, Tingle the Fairy Child, what have you gotten yourself into. Ooh, hopefully this invisibility spell can keep you hidden, Koo Loo Limpah, but if you fall, your fairy brethren will surely find you and raise you up."

Fan
2009-05-03, 07:00 PM
Near the upper coast, in a temperate forest, a massive darkness descended. Where there once existed light, there was now only shadow, and eternal twilight.
The Town was still in utter pandemonium despite the town's inherent nature retaining it's original nature, and thus allowing for the more... Sun intolerant...creatures to live within the town walls. The Mayor was attempting to rally the many ghosts, ghouls, goblins, zombies, witches, and other beasties into the main court yard, when Jack himself stepped up to the front podium that the Mayor usually used, and said.

"People, People. Please calm down. I'm sure that this is all merely a misunderstanding. Now, can someone COHERENTLY tell me what is going on here?"

The teeming masses, upon seeing the Pumpkin King attempt to take action, calms down abit, enough for a single voice to penetrate it clearly at the least.
"The crypts are gone, and the door's to the other holiday worlds have vanished! Now the town is near a ocean in some sort of LIVING forest. It's horrible!"

"What, the cyrpts don't just up and disspear, and what's this about a living forest?"

The entire crowd answered simply by pointing outside to a evergreen tree, and somehow... Jack turned paler.

Connor Darkdart
2009-05-04, 04:23 AM
4 Ghosts settle down near the gate of the main town of Hyrule.

"Equip your Translators." said the brute.

The party was indeed composed of by 3 Elites, Energy Swords deactivated at their side, and the Brute, Gravity Hammer deactivated and slung on his back.

"We Come in Peace! We need to talk to your leader!" he said in multiple languages, waiting for one of them to cause a reaction.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-04, 11:00 AM
Several archers and bombers got up on the walls. One soldier came out, wielding a large flail that swung out and in, out and in. The soldier growled, but then stopped. He heard the voices call out for peace. He quickly shouted "Come in. But look out..."

The large black horse leapt over the brutes, and the man atop it leapt off his steed, casting a large black cloud around himself. A barrage of arrow flew at him, but he disappeared. Then from behind, he placed his hand on the soldiers shoulder and said "Don't be a fool. I come with no ill intentions... this time. It seems my people are gone. My whole camp cleaved in two, it seems. The bridge now stands there, leading Din knows where."

The soldiers, in the castle, quickly swarmed Gannon, and lead him in to see the king. Then a single soldier came out to see the high tech wonders outside. "Hello friend," said the flail wielder. "What, if I may ask, are you, and even more wonderous, how did we get here?"

The king summons for both Gannon and the leader of these new people to join him, and sends a flying duck out to fetch the leader of the Gorons and Zora. He issues, through his son, for the peoples of the nations to meet at dawn. Until then, he urges his new guests (that is, the MechPeople) to enjoy their stay. Games open include the bomb target game, the arrow game, and everyones favorite, which chest should I open. And to commemorate the coming of strangers, Golden Cuckoo eggs.

Elsewhere, far far away. "This place seems odd. I see fungus growing all over and weird people running around. And I see a castle."

Connor Darkdart
2009-05-04, 12:42 PM
The aliens settle on the language that works, and start speaking.

"We are representatives of the Covenant. We are a... collection of alien species that explore the universe in work to eradicate the Flood. We recently came here to settle down for a bit, but our ships were disabled by a powerful antiflux magnetic force that disabled our main stabilizers and plasma neutrino weapons. We came here looking for other sapient main life. We are not sure where this is, apart from in the Juaieh Nebula. We assumed you were the planets native life. Who was that... Dark faced fellow? says the brute.

At hearing that the "king" wanted to meet the Arbiter, one of the elites set off to comunique with the Arbiter.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-04, 01:31 PM
The soldier looks at this brute with great confusion. "Uh, yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't know much about Magic sir, but I can answer who that man was. He's the King of the Bandits, Ganondorf Dragmire, and he's one of the most mistrusted men in the kingdom, but I guess not even he stands to gain anything if out world is in danger."

Once inside, a little more light is shed on the subject, though merely a flicker of the situation. The prince meets one of the brutes outside the kings chambers. "This whole thing came to me in a dream. Now, I'm not sure what is going on, but I saw our castle rise out of the ground. The mountains faded away a bit, the lake vanished, and the forest... We seem to have lost quite a few of the fairy children. Then there was a cuckoo, and it was tossed in the pen with several other cuckoos. Well, lets just say that cuckoos don't do to well when pent up in the same pen."

ArlEammon
2009-05-04, 01:38 PM
A strange group of four strangers are seen walking towards the Hyrulian Castle town and Kakariko village. One is a robed, young man figure, with a staff, the other is a short, pointed eared man with daggers, another is a tall elf with a sword and long bow, and the next figure is a dwarven axeman. Apparently they come from a neighboring kingdom in the same situation as Hyrule. They look at the Covenant people and the Hyrulians with confusion.

Fan
2009-05-04, 02:09 PM
The people of Halloween town were now more worried then anything, and the forest around Halloween town had once again began to resemble what it should as the more.... Fiery creatures set to work scorching the land of life, and the forest is now as dead as most of its new denizen's.
In the town square, Jack had agreed to go and investigate the nearest kingdom the witches had spotted, a castle with a moat, and some oddly reptilian creatures talking in many tounges to a group of humans. He had agreed to begin the trek now, and he would hopefully reach it before the town's gates closed for the night.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-04, 02:46 PM
Prince Azal smiled a bit. "If you are here, then that means something big is happening." He ran out of the room and made it to the mote. Looking out, he noticed several people coming his way.

"Wow." Fin, the Zora boy, who quickly followed behind , was amazed at the sight of the Brutes, and even more amazed at the sight of more people aproaching. "Look, one of those people looks like a hyrulian."

After a moment, the Gorons were the first to respond to the message. Two large ones, about ten feet tall, rolled like thunder across the plains. Then shortly after from the river, blue fish people were jumping up the towards the castle, like dolphins through the ocean.

The guard at the front gate looked grimly at the castle. "Hmm, tommorow's gonna be one hell of a day."

Vespe Ratavo
2009-05-04, 06:08 PM
After some time flying, the pilot abruptly snaps out of his half-conscious daze upon seeing a little man tied to a balloon. He's half tempted to open communications, just to break up the tedium, but he then notices a large castle.

He lands the helicopter, and jumps out, making no attempt at all to be inconspicuous, since...well, frikkin' ALIENS are already here. He wanders towards the castle, trying to find someone important.

A blond, incredibly fit man in a trenchcoat and without a shirt probably won't stick out much in a crowd like this, but you never know.

The_JJ
2009-05-04, 06:35 PM
With a flash of light Archmagister Errand Boy appeared in the the Sadrith Mora tower. "Hello... er... you left your house, Baladas."

"And?"

"... oh, nothing. I guess."

"Alright. Say... Errand Boy, you've always wanted to leave the island right?"

"Yeah, but the ocean just, well, keeps going. Stupid bloody Khajit. Multiplayer my-"

"Yeah, you wanna try again?"

"What? Now you too?"

"... I'm serious."

"Oh sure. Prove it."

"I'll give you 100 hundred gold."

"..."

"..."

"... okay. I'll do it."

"It still might be a long way off though. Do you have someway..."

The Errand Boy grinned, and pulled three scrolls and a ring from his hammerspace backpack. "No worries. I've been waiting for an excuse to use these forever." Then he stepped outside, aimed himself out towards the sea, activated the scroll and... jumped. And kept rising, and rising, and rising, until he reached the mainland.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-05, 09:35 AM
"Tommorow, we will hold the meeting to deal with these people" The guard looked out onto the field, and noticed the strangers approaching in droves. Then a large shirtless man came out of a large metal bird, and he looked at it with worry. "I don't know what is going on here, but I'll get to the bottom of this."

Then three bright lights, one red, one blue, and one green light, all came down and crashed upon the grounds. Out stepped three scantily dressed women. "Hyrule, it would seem that even us goddesses are limited in power here." The prince looked at them with amazements.

"I think we've got a few problems. But could you guys do something for all of our guests. The castle's embassy is only so big, and a goron claimed first bunk. Hmm."

"Of course" replied a second goddess. "That is cake. But we heard tommorow you are holding a meeting to see what has happened, and well, we wouldn't be us if we didn't see what was wrong here." With the flick of her wrist, the whole field turns into a small inn, that seems to grow the more people get in. The rooms are comfy, and accomodate you well, or at least as well as the times permit.

Night passed, and during that time, the prince slipped off, and returned by the morning. At dawn, the gates opened at Hyrule, and a loud voice rang out to the people camped out in the field. "All people who wish to get to the bottom of this crisis, please send your messanger to the castle, follow the guards there, and no trouble.

ArlEammon
2009-05-05, 09:49 AM
The strangers identify themselves as being from a city to the north, they call Baldur's Gate. Apparently the city is in the same mess as the rest of the others. The adventurers don't even know why the strange technologicaly advanced men are standing outside.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-05-05, 05:30 PM
The man kneels, putting a hand to his neck. Ocelot, this isn't going anywhere. Tell everyone I'll be... Suddenly, three shining lights crash to the ground. And out of them step...Staying the night. Everyone, get over here, there's a meeting tomorrow.
You sure it's a good idea to leave the genome soldiers alone? Snake might be in the base as we speak.
They can't do that much damage. And besides, I don't think Snake came with us to...wherever we are.

The man in the coat stays the night. The next day, another "metal bird" arrives. A group steps out. Good to see you all made it. Come on. The meeting is in the castle. The man walks towards the castle, followed by another man in a coat with long white hair, a man in a gas mask, a very large man covered in strange blue tattoos, a woman in grey, and a man who exactly resembles the first man, with the exception of a rather stylish hat.

The_JJ
2009-05-05, 07:31 PM
The Errand Boy, dressed head to toe in glass armor with a shiny green robe weaves his way through the odd crowd, after having dropped out of the sky right next to them. Obviously some kind of special siege quest, but he was already working on the one, and besides, it was always good to see who offered the most before committing. He wandered into the center of Hyrule Castle, dropped his Mark, and then whipped out a scroll of Divine Intervention. I'm so clever... He dissappears in a flash of light, returns to Vardenfell.
"Hey, so uh... yeah, I got there."

"Good, good, here's your reward."

The dunmer passed over the gold, and the Errand Boy dropped into his inventory, where it could rest beside the hundreds of thousands of other coins.

Smiley_
2009-05-05, 10:43 PM
The recent chaos was not quite over yet. In the morning of the second day, three pod-like craft soared lazily over Hyrule field, emitting a warbling hum as they soared overhead. They stopped over a clearing a good ways away from the castle and began to land. two of the craft, each one emblazoned with a pink pig-nose insignia, stretched out three landing legs and settled softly on the grass.

The third crashed unceremoniously into the ground and was buried part way in the resulting crater, only two of the three legs having opened. From the wreckage emerged three rotund looking figures in pink armor dusting themselves off.

http://starmen.net/mother3/images/game/pigmask.png

"I thought you said you checked this thing before we took off."

"I told you, everything looked good when we took off. Something must've come loose when we were in the air."

"Well something is certainly loose, and it's got nothing to do with the ship."

"Shut up, guys."
The third passenger was looking towards the castle through his binoculars.

"Looks like there's some sort of commotion. A party, maybe. They've got clowns and everything."

The second pigmask snatched away the binoculars and peered through them.
"I don't see any clowns. Does look like a circus though."

There was a pause in the air.

"Wanna check it out?"

The first soldier took out a portable telephone and held it up.

"First, we gotta report the broken lander. Who's gonna do that? I'm not doin' it..."

The other two answered at the same time.
"Nope!"
"Nuh-uh! Not me. The boss is scary."

There was an uncomfortable silence hanging in the air. They suddenly noticed that the soldiers from the other two ships were already making their way to the castle.

"C'mon, guys! We can worry about the lander later. I'm not keen on waiting in line to get in."

The three ran to catch up with the others, stumbling over each other as they did so.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-06, 07:08 PM
Prince Azal smiles and greets each of the warriors who enter the castle. Slung on his back are two blades, bost masterfully crafted and detailed. One bears the sybol of three triangles, the other has four orbs on it, green, red, blue, and purple, the former two are lit up. Azal follows the people from the helicopters, and asking them many little questions in regards to their workings. He then swirves to the fellows from Baldur's gate. They seem to be a bit more like him and his people. But most shocking are the covenant. They seem to be like monsters, yet gentle, like the Gorons. Then, as he follows several of them inside, he stops, noticing the large flying spacecraft.

"Ooh, strange Moblins... or maybe octoroks."

Then flying around the woods, Azal spotted his friend, Maple, the pretty witch of the forest. She was flying around when she bumped into another witch, but that was strange, cause it wasn't her grandmother, Syrup. He snuck off again to see what was wrong... and maybe pick up some dropped rupies.

Far far away, elsewhere. "This little island is strange. Just a few minutes ago, I noticed a boy fly off towards that place Hyrule, but not much else. But I do have several new maps to sell."

Smiley_
2009-05-06, 09:22 PM
The gaggle of pink visitors approached the gate. There were two columns of three led by a seventh pigmask in light blue armor. As they stopped, the leader stopped and looked a guard at the gate over.

"Buhh...Ahem... Er..."

The others behind him broke their formation and clustered together, peering over their captain's shoulder. One of them gave him a small push in the official's direction. The captain turned around and glared at his squad before presenting a handful of coins to the guard.

"Seven tickets, please..."

The three pigmasks who had crash landed plowed into their comrades. All nine of them either tripped or were pushed over, resulting in a pink groaning pile.

"Ahem... Ten tickets please." He produced two more coins.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-06, 11:44 PM
Garn, the guard, meets up with the flail wielding unit from the front gate, Masu. He sighs, then looks at the crowd, as they all start to pour in. Then the weird OctoMoblin creatures shoved forward and offered up some odd currency. "Man, this week just keeps getting weirder and weirder. You know, one of those gorons ate my one of my Statues of The Goddesses... Din I think."

"Hmm. This bunch is an odd one. Well, Garn, thanks for relieving me of my duty, by the way, this odd boy just ran on through and then disappeared, I assumed he's just with one of these parties. Well, anyways, this whole thing's just out of our hands Garn. The king doesn't even keep more than one or two mages on hand in the Castle. We're not a magic nation."

"Times have changed boys, and besides, Magic has been around you your whole life. The king, Prince Azal, the statue in the center of the castle, even those eye marked rocks. All things around you are magic. 'Sides, I'll pose for a new statue for you sometime Garn" The goddess winked, then danced off, meeting up with he sisters.

ArlEammon
2009-05-07, 12:58 PM
Edwin, the mage spokesperson of the group, managed to speak first. "So does anyone know why entire countries are disappearing?" He asked nonchalantly."I suspect an illithid plot behind all of this."

Jesse Drake
2009-05-07, 01:11 PM
The King Speaks, finally. He descends from his throne and approaches the Mage. "These lands are known for magical problems, it's just my job to keep those problems secret from the people. The Goddesses here means that it is not a Divine Act... but maybe the witch on the edge of the Forest may know something. Or, there are many masks that grant world warping powers. Or even, perhaps we are all imprisoned by a dream world... It would not be the first case. I suggest looking for The WindFish in that case. Maybe the talking owl may be able to help. But what could have caused this, perhaps some dark force has the last piece of the TriForce, and is using it... that would be the worst, and if that is the case, Gannon and Prince Azal must be kept safe... where is that rapscallion anyways?"

And as the king spoke, Azal made it to the remenants of the Kokiri forest. He noticed by the outskirts, plenty of scattered rupies lay there, as well as a potion, and some rather disturbing contents too. The other witch raced to get her stuff, and Maple raced to get hers, and then Azal raced to see if they were okay, but Maple just yelled "You again... what does a girl have to do to get away from you."
"Me? Any other time, you're the one bumping into me, okay, like I don't see you floating around getting ready to hit. But anyways, something bigs going on, and I was wondering if you, your grandma, and maybe even your green friend here, would like to come."
The other witch raced back into the forest, but Maple and Azal followed her closely.

Smiley_
2009-05-08, 12:32 AM
The strange visitors had certainly made themselves at home. Four were standing around the potion shop, obviously taking it for a pub or something. Two sat on a fence, whispering to each other, keeping their gaze on any young women that happened by. The others were keeping themselves entertained elsewhere.

Then the pigmask captain's receiver phone rang, sounding a digitally rendered tune. He picked it up and answered.

Hullo?...Sir!... Yessir!... Right...I'll tell them... Right... No, sir, everything's under control... Pardon?... Oh, yes...Thank you, Sir.

He closed the phone and called to his companions.

The others found a place to land. It's on the far end of the nearby forest. We're to stay here and await further orders, so you can enjoy yourselves for a while longer.

He turned around and glanced at a nearby guard.

Ehem... Don't mind me. Nothing important, I assure you.

ArlEammon
2009-05-09, 12:36 AM
The King Speaks, finally. He descends from his throne and approaches the Mage. "These lands are known for magical problems, it's just my job to keep those problems secret from the people. The Goddesses here means that it is not a Divine Act... but maybe the witch on the edge of the Forest may know something. Or, there are many masks that grant world warping powers. Or even, perhaps we are all imprisoned by a dream world... It would not be the first case. I suggest looking for The WindFish in that case. Maybe the talking owl may be able to help. But what could have caused this, perhaps some dark force has the last piece of the TriForce, and is using it... that would be the worst, and if that is the case, Goron and Prince Azal must be kept safe... where is that rapscallion anyways?"

And as the king spoke, Azal made it to the remenants of the Kokiri forest. He noticed by the outskirts, plenty of scattered rupies lay there, as well as a potion, and some rather disturbing contents too. The other witch raced to get her stuff, and Maple raced to get hers, and then Azal raced to see if they were okay, but Maple just yelled "You again... what does a girl have to do to get away from you."
"Me? Any other time, you're the one bumping into me, okay, like I don't see you floating around getting ready to hit. But anyways, something bigs going on, and I was wondering if you, your grandma, and maybe even your green friend here, would like to come."
The other witch raced back into the forest, but Maple and Azal followed her closely.

"Ah, yes, I see. Interesting." Edwin noted. "I see that there is much hunting to do. There's a lot that I need to take and kill- see for myself." He finished. "We from Baldur's Gate welcome you to what was supposed to be the Sword Coast. Welcome. Our dukes sent us on an investigation, I guess we should head back and tell him what we found. Good day."

Jesse Drake
2009-05-09, 01:31 AM
Two extremely exhausted guards step up next to the pigmasks. The first guard, in green armor, reaches out and tries to grab one of them. The other simply states "This is not a carnival, I don't know what you've come to think. Besides, you're supposed to be in the castle's counsil chambers, unless you've already been represented."

Inside the castle, Farore smiles as the representatives from Baldur's Gate exit. Then she whispered to one of the tiny-balls of light around her, and the creature nodded. "This'll be our little secret..." Then the fairy disappeared, and left to follow the people from Baldur's Gate, and report back to the Goddess.

Gannon stands by in the corner, seeking even the slightest sign of villainous nature amongst the newly arrived visitors. He waits for the moment he'll conquer this new world, and send it into a world of darkness.

Falgorn
2009-05-09, 09:27 AM
From the menacing Tower, the Overlord sees how most of the people are in a single area. In order to make some friends...or enemies, as the case may be, he sends a horde of 30 Brown minions riding wolves, led by Giblet, the forge smelter, to communicate...or just to loot and pillage. They'll probably do both. But, thanks to the Tower Heart, Gnarl will be able to communicate with whomsoever is there.

Smiley_
2009-05-09, 11:06 AM
If I may...

The pigmask captain came up behind the two guards and whispered right into their ears, holding back the one in green armor.

They believe that they're on a paid vacation. It's best not to tell them otherwise, or they might not be on their best behavior.

He stood back and faced the two guards.

You say you need a representative? I am not authorized to speak for anyone, but I can sit in and listen. If protocoll demands it... then lead the way.

Gannon was startring to get some, while not entirely evil or villainous, morally shaky vibes from the pigmask captain.

Meanwhile, thick black smoke could be seen rising from the far edge of the Kokiri Forest.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-09, 12:34 PM
The Guard sighed, then looked at the pigmask men, then said "Go on, I can give you a few rupies, the fun games are just over behind that alley."

Gnarl felt a thin telepathic message, urging him to go on... Then sandworms began shooting up around Hyrule's fields. Giant statues in sets of six sprang up by the mountains, and dodongos began to crawl up out of the earth... all members in the castle heard terrible shakes outside. Then Gannon himself went and left the counsil, smiling as he passed the pigmask captain, going to meet up with the first of the riding minons.

ArlEammon
2009-05-09, 08:52 PM
From the menacing Tower, the Overlord sees how most of the people are in a single area. In order to make some friends...or enemies, as the case may be, he sends a horde of 30 Brown minions riding wolves, led by Giblet, the forge smelter, to communicate...or just to loot and pillage. They'll probably do both. But, thanks to the Tower Heart, Gnarl will be able to communicate with whomsoever is there.

Mysteriously, half of your looting team are missing. One of the survivors mentions an evil grave yard.

Smiley_
2009-05-09, 10:19 PM
The pigmasks grabbed the rupees and dashed off in the direction that the guard had indicated. The captain inquired about the directions to the castle and left to attend the meeting taking place within. As Gannon passed, the pigmask shivered. That man was certainly... different from the others.

As Then his phone rang.

Yes... What? Where?... In the field? How are the landers?... No, you moron, the two good ones!... What?....crap... Just keep doing what you are doing. I'll call base command...

He ended the call and punched in a different number.

Sir... Yes sir... There's something.... No sir, it looks like we have some monsters between us and the landers... No, they weren't there before... Yes, we have our weapons... What? ... Of course, sir!

He sat down and gathered his thoughts. He wasn't prepared for this turn of events. This was supposed to be a strictly non-combat mission. Also, if the his CO were to get personally involved, his mission would be put in jeopardy and his command put into question. If nobody came, the monsters might eat his men, or worse, break expensive equipment.

What if... HE came? The pigmask shuddered. The "Boss" was scary even when he was in a particularly good mood. The captain stood up, swallowed, and continued to the castle.

--------------------

A flat clearing had been made on the far end of the Kokiri forest. Any lumpy terrain or unfortunate trees were flattened to create a dull brown plain. Construction on three buildings were already taking place and pigmasks were running to and fro, hovering robots following close behind.

A powerful wind built up and a shadow fell over the plain. The airship slowly came down and, with a grinding crunch, settled on the ground.

Kommisar Engel
2009-05-10, 02:39 AM
In the dark night, with the full moon shining above the ebon sky descends a dark form.

A floating castle emerging from the center of the moon floating down and resting upon the flat plains below and from the windows of royal chamber atop the dark keep of the forboding stronghold looks a pale man dressed in black victorian aristocratic clothes

"It seems I have slept far too long. Too much has changed. This is not the world I have seen during my last incarnation. This world is pure, too pure. Pure enough for my darkness to consume"

*cue evil laugh*

"Come what may, I shall wait for the proper oppurtunity to act. But until then we wait"

And so the man walks to the darkness towards his throne room escorted by all manner of dark beasts from the foulest pits of the abyss

Jesse Drake
2009-05-10, 10:24 AM
Everyone feels it. Pure darkness exits the castle, and steps onto the planes of Hyrule. He waves his hand and two large beasts rise up. One's a large bug, with several babies crawling off of it, and the other is a black horse. Gannon steps on it and rides out, and starts gliding towards the Tower of the Overlord, his horse phantomly riding across the waters.

"You know, once I beat that moon... Showed it who's boss." The moon develops two large eyes, then smiles for a second, before whispering into Gannon's mind "I think I can release someone far more evil than you"

"Bah, impossible." Then a castle floated from the now lifeless moon. But Gannon did not fear him. If he was as evil as the moon indicated, he could use the help.

The_JJ
2009-05-10, 01:56 PM
The collective Mouths of house Telvanni have their hands full.

To the lizard-like Aragonian from the Sadrith Mora Mage's Guild:

"You n'wah! Of course we will not give you the details of the spell!"

To the Cammona Tong representative:

"Yes, we don't know where the Empire is. Now get out!"

To the Imperial representative:

"Yes, we don't know where the Empire is. Now get out!"

Smiley_
2009-05-10, 05:20 PM
Sir! A castle just fell from the sky! Tho others sent me to tell you.

Out of breath, one of the pigmasks dashed up to the captain.

Oookay...

The captain pulled out a pitol like gun that ended in a red ball rather than a conventional barrel.

This is so not worth a promotion. Get the men together. We're aborting our mission and making a run for the ships. each lander can hold up to 6 men if we squeeze in. We meet by the gates. You up for that?

Yes, Sir!

The pigmask ran off to tell the others. the captain sighed, took a deap breath, and tore down the road toward the gate, using his phone to create a distress signal that would hopefully get the attention of his superriors.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-11, 04:51 PM
Up in the mountains of The Gerudo Valley (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/Z64gerud.mid), The Bandit King sits atop his throne. His eyes are currently elsewhere, as he is controlling one of his phantasmal aspects. Then with a smile, he sets it to "auto-pilot", as he looks out at Hyrule, and all the won ton destruction he caused. Then he laughs.

"Hmm," he looks up at the moon. "You try to wound me, but it's in vain, for I am the most fearful man in all existence. Bring on your worst..." Gannon then looks out to the pigmask ships. "Hmmm, maybe these sniveling, bumbling fools could help. No one would suspect them capable of villainy..." He waves his hands and sends another aspect out, this one waiting out by the pigmask ship. He sits down as his eyes return to their empty state.

Smiley_
2009-05-11, 06:23 PM
The pigmasks found it easy enough to circumnavigate the monsters. When they reached their landers, a bunch of pigmasks crammed into one of them and shut the door. The thing took off vertically ans sailed towards the kokiri forest. The Pigmask captain and three others were about to do the same when he suddenly noticed the dark man watching them.

I remember you! You were that man from that castle!

He thought for a moment. Perhaps he could still salvage this mission and get that promotion.

So, uh, do you want to come along? There's still room. Maybe you would like a word with the Boss.

The boss? is that a good idea?

Oh, don't worry. This man seems to be just the kind of person he is looking for.

The captain turned back to the dark man.

So, Mister... How about it?

Jesse Drake
2009-05-11, 06:39 PM
The whole kingdom in turmoil, as it often is, Gannon faced the pigmask men and simply smiled. He let the pigmask captain lead the way.

Not so far away... "Do you see that Maple?" The witch nodded. "This is bad. We're in a tough situation." Then a loud rumble came from behind the bushes.

Smiley_
2009-05-11, 09:21 PM
Everyone piled into the remaining lander. As it lifted off, the captain took out a thick metallic disk. He leaned out the open door and checked it down so it landed next to the broken lander.

As the craft pulled away, the device exploded in a blinding red flash, obliterating the broken lander and setting fire to most of the vegetation in the area. The hatch closed and the pigmask captain returned to his seat.

It was a cramped ride, but it was short enough to be bearable. With a thump, the lander settled down once more. When the hatch opened again, the phantasmal king of bandits could see the massive airship and pigmasks running around, directing the efforts of large earthen monsters that were doing most of the brute force labor. Standing by the airship, there was a pack of them in a row, seeming to be dormant or in reserve should they be needed. When one seemed to be slowing down, a pigmask equipped with two metal probes would use them to deliver an electric shock to the beast, giving it an extra boost.

http://starmen.net/mother3/images/game/clayguy.png

The pigmask captain picked up his phone and punched in a number.
Um... Sir?... Sorry, sir, I... I just have someone to see you.

He quickly closed the receiver and snuck off.

He'll be with you in a moment.

No later than he had spoken, the front hatch of the airship opened. Striding confidently from the maw of the mechanical monstrosity was a short, somewhat pudgy man. He was dressed in what looked like desert garb that covered everything but his face and hands: something a traveling merchant might wear. His smooth, soft face sported two beady eyes that shone between a very large nose and under that was an impossibly well groomed handlebar mustache.

Ahh... You must be the good man that these buffoons were talking about. I trust your trip here was not too uncomfortable.

He smiled a nasty smile. Gannon could tell, just by looking at him, that this was a very evil toad of a man.

Jesse Drake
2009-05-14, 01:43 PM
Gannon smiled upon meeting this dark, toady man. "You don't mind do you?" He rhetorically asked as he waved his arm...

Up, in the Gerudo Valley Base, the real Gannon's hand glew as he opened up his portals... to the dark world.

A blanket of darkness overcame the whole ship, and when it faded, both the captain and Gannon were gone.

Back in the remenants of the Kokiri forest, Azal and Maple are relieved to find they only heard little kids in costumes*, which they dismissed when they discovered several broken trees. One had an egg on a broken piece of bark, another had the emblem of a tree on it. It all seemed odd, but then Azal saw a young Deku Tree. It seemed scared, and cried as a door appeared on it's side. Then, the symbol of a triangle, blackened by fire, apparated above it. They opened the door to find swirling blue lights. "Let's see what's inside..."

Gannon and the Toad were in a room much like the ship, only instead of several pathetic aliens, there were a few tough, evil aliens. "Welcome sir. I am Gannon, the dark master of this, my world of evil... Isn't it beautiful, what your soldiers could be. And the resistance is few and far between, we'd be like gods here. But one problem exists..." The two faded back into their world. "We cannot exist too long in that world without the assemblance of the full triforce... In fact, only one those with the sacred orbs can stand it there without resistance."

Smiley_
2009-05-14, 06:09 PM
The short man seemed rather unfazed by the darker world. He nonchalantly unpeeled a banana and swallowed the thing in two bites. Tossing the peel behind him, he turned to Gannon.

I can't say that this is the first proposition like this I have been offered. These "encouraged cataclysms" are fun, though.

He grabbed Gannon's hand and shook it with amazing strength.

My name is Fassad, but most of the goons you saw call me "Boss." However, though I am sure the morons didn't impress you, they do wield quite a bit of muscle.

Now, about these orbs...

Jesse Drake
2009-05-14, 06:26 PM
"No!" Roared Gannon. "Those orbs are nothing... We can merge our worlds for true dominion... The evil shall become strong, the good shall become weak, and you and I..." A feeling came over him, as he remembered the incident with the moon. "Well, there are some of us who'll be gods, and I'll finally gain dominion over the world..." Gannon paused, "No, we'll gain dominion over this world." Gannon rubbed the triangular emblem on his hand. "We must find the the last piece of the tri-force. It could be anywhere. Let's go and search for it."

Smiley_
2009-05-14, 10:47 PM
Fassasd looked over at the pigmask captain, who was still there waiting to be dismissed.

You! You get a promotion, Now GET OUT and DON'T BOTHER ME AGAIN!

As the pigmask ran off, Fassad looked Gannon straight in the eye.

So, this 'triforce' piece is a driving part of this world, hmm? We have something like that where I come from, as well. From the name, I can gather there are three of these, and you know where two are.

We can search. We have the resources and power to do so.

He pulled out a communication device and pressed a button.

Bring it out, Major. We can show him.

Soon, a pigmask wearing green armor came out of the ship accompanied by a clayman carrying a large cage holding what looked like a deku scrub. However, this deku scrub seemed to be more metallic plating than wooden, its feet replaced with metal tentacles and its mouth turned into a laser cannon.

This is just the beginning of what we can do. Once we have the chimera plant up, we can really start making the wildlife more... Interesting. Nwehehehehe!

That laugh was unnatural and frightening, even if sounding completely ridiculous.