PDA

View Full Version : [House] Natural Spell

Tack122
2006-08-10, 01:43 AM
Well I read a post about CoDzilla, in the "Gaming (d20 and general RPG)" forum just after re-reading the epic handbook, and it seems to me that one of the biggest things making druids over powered is natural spell, and the automatic metamagic spells in the epic rules inspired me to create this.

Natural Spell [General]
Prerequisites
Wis 13, wild shape ability.
Benefit
You can complete the verbal and somatic components of all 0-, 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-level spells while in a wild shape. You substitute various noises and gestures for the normal verbal and somatic components of a spell.
You can also use any material components or focuses you possess, even if such items are melded within your current form. This feat does not permit the use of magic items while you are in a form that could not ordinarily use them, and you do not gain the ability to speak while in a wild shape.
Special
You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you take the feat, the spells of your next three lowest spell levels can now be cast while in a wilds shape.

Thoughts?

illathid
2006-08-10, 04:29 PM
Well... It adds to the costs of taking natural spell, which is good. But, it still doesn't address the real problem that is natural spell. Which is having a druid shapeshifting into a legendary dire animal with some 40 strength and constitution and then casting Storm of Vengence.

The Demented One
2006-08-10, 05:08 PM
Well... It adds to the costs of taking natural spell, which is good. But, it still doesn't address the real problem that is natural spell. Which is having a druid shapeshifting into a legendary dire animal with some 40 strength and constitution and then casting Storm of Vengence.
Maybe a metamagic feat with a +1 or +2 level increase would work for you?

Lord_Welkerfan
2006-08-10, 11:47 PM
I agree with the first reply. It doesn't really address the problem.

I always equate Natural Spell to Still Spell. They are both feats that allow you to take advantage of two abilities at once (spellcasting and armor/wildshaping); thus, they both have a +1 modifier to spell level.

Tack122
2006-08-12, 07:42 PM
Perhaps make this epic then make one with a +1 adjustment?