PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

sonofzeal
2009-05-02, 11:29 PM
I just bought Little Red Book for myself, and the main Paranoia book for my DM.

Question - I won't ask how to optimize (that's probably treason), but how should I fill out my character sheet to be of the most help to Friend Computer?

chiasaur11
2009-05-03, 12:29 AM
Any citizen can be of aid to friend computer!

Just remember these three simple rules:

Don't be a mutant

Don't be a member of any secret societies

And be happy. Happiness is mandatory!

Of course, you will be a traitorous mutant. Just how the game goes. Remember, your stats are far less important than your creativity and sense of humor.
Reading this section is treason. Report to the nearest disintegration facility

BRC
2009-05-03, 12:37 AM
Question - I won't ask how to optimize (that's probably treason), but how should I fill out my character sheet to be of the most help to Friend Computer?
Optomization implies difference, it implies that some loyal citizens are different than other loyal citizens. Everybody in Alpha Complex is equal, some people are merely more equal than others! Implying otherwise is treason.
In Paranoia, any attempt to "Optimize" would require knowing the rules in the ULTRAVIOLET clearance section of the book. As a player, reading that section of the book is treason.

It would also require knowing what sort of fun activites your GM has planned for you. Knowing these activities ahead of time would decrease the Fun factor by up to 75%. Decreasing Fun is treason.

So, in order to best serve our Friend the Computer, simply do the following.

Obey the clearly marked Security-Clearance signs.

Terminate all Commie Mutant Traitors.

Do Not mention Plaid Clearance.

Trust your Teammates and work toghether.

Listen to The Computer, after all, you're friend wouldn't steer you wrong.

Never trust your Teammates, as they may be Traitors.

BobVosh
2009-05-03, 01:03 AM
Optomization implies difference, it implies that some loyal citizens are different than other loyal citizens. Everybody in Alpha Complex is equal, some people are merely more equal than others! Implying otherwise is treason.
In Paranoia, any attempt to "Optimize" would require knowing the rules in the ULTRAVIOLET clearance section of the book. As a player, reading that section of the book is treason.

It would also require knowing what sort of fun activites your GM has planned for you. Knowing these activities ahead of time would decrease the Fun factor by up to 75%. Decreasing Fun is treason.

So, in order to best serve our Friend the Computer, simply do the following.

Obey the clearly marked Security-Clearance signs.

Terminate all Commie Mutant Traitors.

Do Not mention Plaid Clearance.

Trust your Teammates and work toghether.

Listen to The Computer, after all, you're friend wouldn't steer you wrong.

Never trust your Teammates, as they may be Traitors.

Citizen BRC is correct!

I'm am so glad that all attentive, helpful, friendly citizens can band together to help this new troubleshooter.

The computer is your friend, and will always be your number one reference to help any situation. Remember: there is no such thing as too many reports on the activities of all trouble shooters.

Make sure you complete your Mandatory Bonus Duty. A clean team is a mean team!

Sonofzeal: You seem to be expressing worry; are you no longer happy and having fun?

Ultravoilets: It is treason to read this, please report to your closest termination center.

Connington
2009-05-03, 01:26 AM

Are you implying that our friend The Computer does not pick the very best optimal candidates for each and every job?

Insulting The Computer is treason! Please self terminate, and have a nice day! :smallsmile:

chiasaur11
2009-05-03, 01:30 AM
Are you implying that our friend The Computer does not pick the very best optimal candidates for each and every job?

Insulting The Computer is treason! Please self terminate, and have a nice day! :smallsmile:

Are you implying my (and all of our) close personal friend, Friend Computer does not desire we strive to do our work in the best way possible?

It would be for the best if you self terminated.

Comrade.