PDA

View Full Version : Durkon was too hasty with the Resurrection

JonahFalcon
2009-05-03, 04:38 AM
He should have done the "Alas poor Roy, I knew him well" soliloquy before starting.

RMS Oceanic
2009-05-03, 04:47 AM
A man of infinite jest, and many bonus feats...

Dagren
2009-05-03, 04:47 AM
He should have done the "Alas poor Roy, I knew him well" soliloquy before starting.Ha ha, I'm not sure how well that would come over when he's just aboot to bring him back.

Quorothorn
2009-05-03, 04:48 AM
He should have done the "Alas poor Roy, I knew him well" soliloquy before starting.

He's an undramatic dwarf: his mind, sadly, does not work that way.

shadzar
2009-05-03, 04:53 AM
Yeah Elan should have done that bit ages ago, but only has been near the body for less than a day.

enarch3t
2009-05-03, 05:41 AM
Durkon should have played "Johnny Boy" before beginning the rez as well.

Dogmantra
2009-05-03, 05:47 AM
Except that's not the line!
The actual line is "Alas poor Yorick [in this case Roy], I knew him, Horatio"

So he'd have to say "Alas poor Roy, I knew him, Vaarsuvius/Elan/Haley/Blackwing"

Dagren
2009-05-03, 05:50 AM
Except that's not the line!
The actual line is "Alas poor Yorick [in this case Roy], I knew him, Horatio"

So he'd have to say "Alas poor Roy, I knew him, Vaarsuvius/Elan/Haley/Blackwing"And they'd say something along the lines of: "Of course you did you fool, you've known him longer than we have!"

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-03, 08:27 AM

Heheh.

Of course this is Durkon. Not the most prone to such actions. It would be more characterful to somehow have Elan interject the need for that particular line while Roy's skull is at hand (what being so savvy about such things).

JonahFalcon
2009-05-03, 10:37 PM
Heheh.

Of course this is Durkon. Not the most prone to such actions. It would be more characterful to somehow have Elan interject the need for that particular line while Roy's skull is at hand (what being so savvy about such things).

I could just imagine the look on Roy's face as a ghost while Elan did it.

The Blackbird
2009-05-03, 10:44 PM
He should have done the "Alas poor Roy, I knew him well"

IN AMERICA

xyzzy
2009-05-03, 11:03 PM
Given that my first thought any time I see "Alas, poor Yorick" is the fifth theory on this page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Shakespeare), I'm actually a bit glad that didn't happen.

Somewhere, someone is reading this post and is formulating a fan fic based on it :smallfrown:

Morgan Wick
2009-05-04, 07:45 PM
Heheh.

This should have been #649.

DabblerWizard
2009-05-07, 10:24 AM
Even though I agree that Durkon doesn't tend to add much finesse to his actions, compared to say, Elan, because Durkon does seem to care about Roy a good deal (at least that's my general feeling), we could assume he gave Roy a proper pre-resurrection speech, but it was "off scene".

theinsulabot
2009-05-10, 10:00 AM
Even though I agree that Durkon doesn't tend to add much finesse to his actions, compared to say, Elan, because Durkon does seem to care about Roy a good deal (at least that's my general feeling), we could assume he gave Roy a proper pre-resurrection speech, but it was "off scene".

:durkon: it'll be good t'have the lad back in all, but tha diamond would of bought a lot of beer

:belkar: is it to late to change our minds?

:haley: just shut up and get on with it, if i am not spending that diamond, no one is

JonahFalcon
2009-05-10, 09:03 PM
Elan missed a chance to literally play with Roy's head, instead of the usual metaphorical sense.