PDA

View Full Version : Xykon - Haera's next host?

Zordrath
2009-05-03, 06:30 AM
So, Haera was one of the most powerful necromancers to ever live. Xykon is probably the most powerful one alive right now. He has already given up his humanity to gain some more power, so bonding with another soul to double it doesn't seem too far off (especially since, unlike V, Xykon wouldn't have to pay any sort of price). He'd also likely use the power in very similiar ways Haera would do ('casually end lives with a thought', as the fiends said, is exactly Xykon's shtick - I'm sure he could appreciate the beauty of familicide), which is her best bet at 'living' again, considering that she can't control her host. Therefore, I think it could be assumed that Haera would seek Xykon out on her quest for a host. The fiends wouldn't even necessarily stop her, because they WANT V to die in order to collect their bet.

For V, this could bode VERY ill. The Giant has already hinted at a heavy price to pay for one the OOTSers, and being hit by familicide certainly qualifies.

Andore Mordre
2009-05-03, 07:06 AM
For V, this could bode VERY ill. The Giant has already hinted at a heavy price to pay for one the OOTSers, and being hit by familicide certainly qualifies.

You sure that didn't just mean V leaving her family behind?

But I agree, if Haera can find a new host without a fiend to splice two souls, Xykon would probably be the best choice.

JeptCloak
2009-05-03, 07:08 AM
Well then the fight isn't V v.s Xykon, it's V v.s Haerta with Xykon's powers stacked on. Because there is no way Xykon is controlling someone that much more powerful than him, not without a deal with the fiends first.

Revenant
2009-05-03, 07:49 AM
So, Haera was one of the most powerful necromancers to ever live. Xykon is probably the most powerful one alive right now.
Xykon's a sorcerer, not a necromancer. Only wizards get School Specialization and the cool class names that come with it. :smalltongue:

factotum
2009-05-03, 10:22 AM
I don't see why Xykon would want to do this. Sure, he gains more power, but he's already Epic anyway, and nothing he's met so far in his career has been much more than a speedbump. Sure, he might want that extra horsepower when spliced V turns up, but it might well be too late by then!

Zordrath
2009-05-03, 10:49 AM
He AND Redcloak were pretty much trashed by Soon and has to expect someone of a similiar power level guarding the next gate. I don't think he'd say no to an opportunity to double his power.

Needle
2009-05-03, 02:30 PM
I put my money on Haera being with Linear's =P

Salty
2009-05-03, 03:04 PM
Personally, I think that she may join up with Tsukiko. Xykon is obviously the most powerful person on Team Evil, and if Tsukiko and Redcloak worked together, they still probably couldn't defeat him. I expect that Tsukiko was added to provide a possibility for a betrayal, and this could give her a better shot at defeating Xykon, or at least allow her to provide a fatal distraction at the right moment.

Andore Mordre
2009-05-03, 04:09 PM
Personally, I think that she may join up with Tsukiko. Xykon is obviously the most powerful person on Team Evil, and if Tsukiko and Redcloak worked together, they still probably couldn't defeat him. I expect that Tsukiko was added to provide a possibility for a betrayal, and this could give her a better shot at defeating Xykon, or at least allow her to provide a fatal distraction at the right moment.

:smalleek:

Hadn't thought of that...

Salty wins best plot foretelling award.

factotum
2009-05-03, 04:41 PM
He AND Redcloak were pretty much trashed by Soon and has to expect someone of a similiar power level guarding the next gate. I don't think he'd say no to an opportunity to double his power.

Even when he might not be in control of the gestalt? Xykon's smarter than people give him credit for--he's not going to trust a super-epic necromancer one little bit. Oh, not to mention that she's a wizard, a class that Xykon really hates because they consider sorcerers to be beneath them...

Volkov
2009-05-03, 04:44 PM
I don't see why Xykon would want to do this. Sure, he gains more power, but he's already Epic anyway, and nothing he's met so far in his career has been much more than a speedbump. Sure, he might want that extra horsepower when spliced V turns up, but it might well be too late by then!

The instant V enters, a 100,000 ton anvil falls on him, and kills him.

Zordrath
2009-05-03, 05:09 PM
Xykon is a powerful, successful undead with a Charisma score through the roof - you really think Tsukiko wants to get rid of him? :smalltongue:

Omegonthesane
2009-05-03, 05:33 PM
Xykon is a powerful, successful undead with a Charisma score through the roof - you really think Tsukiko wants to get rid of him? :smalltongue:

He's expressed no interest in her in such a manner. I recall him saying something about not liking biophilia.

Maybe Tsukiko dreams of raising Elan as a Death Knight...

Zordrath
2009-05-03, 05:42 PM
No undead so far has expressed any such interest in Tsukiko, which didn't stop her from loving them - having your feelings returned isn't really the point of Necrophilia :smalltongue:

Omegonthesane
2009-05-03, 05:46 PM
No undead so far has expressed any such interest in Tsukiko, which didn't stop her from loving them - having your feelings returned isn't really the point of Necrophilia :smalltongue:

Not IRL, no, but given this is D&D where you can have actual intelligent corpses that move around and try to kill stuff, you'd think some evil spellcaster would shoot for the best of both worlds.

Also, why are we having this discussion on a family-friendly board?! :amused:

PId6
2009-05-03, 06:02 PM
Xykon is probably the most powerful one alive right now.
Might wanna change that. :xykon: