PDA

View Full Version : [feats]Cannon on Legs

Winged One
2006-08-11, 10:23 PM
Harm Not the Crew[general]
The protection that your bonded ship has against your destructive magic is also granted to the rest of the crew.
Prerequisites: Profession(sailor) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks, Ship's Mage (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Ship~s_Mage,CW)
Benefit: Crew members of the ship that you are familier with do not take damage from any spell you cast while on board the ship. Who is a crew member and who is not is determined by a ritual requiring 1 hour and the participation of the captain of the ship that you are familier to. During this ritual, the captain must name each crew member as such(this ritual may be used on any number of people at once). The captain may revoke this protection from any crew member at any time as a free actions by calling them "traitor," "mutineer," or a similar ephitet. The ritual's time is changed to 15 minutes if used on only one new crew member, and is often combined with a hazing ritual.
Special: A wizard may select this feat as a bonus feat if they have specialized in evocation

Cannon On Legs[general]
You can destroy enemy ships or kill their crew members with ease.
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 8 ranks, Profession(sailor) 6 ranks, Ship's Mage, Harm Not the Crew
Benefit: While aboard the ship that you are familier with and casting a spell on either another ship or somebody aboard another ship, your save DCs increase by 1 and you deal 1 extra point of damage per die if aplicable.
Special: A wizard may select this feat as a bonus feat if they have specialized in evocation
---
I've noticed that all of my homebrew is done late at night...anyway, if anybody else has any other(homebrew) feats that would be useful for a caster on a ship, please, link to them here.

Oh, and PEACH, just for redundancy's sake.

tgva8889
2006-08-11, 10:44 PM
Ship's Mage is clearly not from Complete Warrior: I just checked it. Perhaps it is in some other book.

Those feats both seem quite good, and make it seem much better to have a sorcerer or wizard on deck. Perhaps you could rename the feats, however. Maybe "Familiarity Protection" for the first one. I could see "Ship Focus" as being a feat as well.

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 11:51 PM
Interesting balance on the feats. All but useless in some campaigns, but amazingly useful in others. Kind of like the feat they built off of. I like 'em.

I've noticed that all of my homebrew is done late at night...
Yep, me to.

anyway, if anybody else has any other(homebrew) feats that would be useful for a caster on a ship, please, link to them here.
Just off the top of my head...

Ship's Artificer
Your spells of repair work especially well with the ship you are familiair with.
Requirements: Ship's Mage, Profession (Sailor) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks, able to cast repair light damage or another repair spell.
Benefit: Any repair spell you cast on part of the ship you are familiar with is automatically maximized. This increases neither the spell's level nor its casting time.

Ship's Healer
You are especially attuned to the wounds of your ship's crew.
Requirements: Ship's Mage, Harm Not the Crew, Profession (Sailor) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks, able to cast cure light wounds or another cure spell.
Benefit: Any cure spell you cast on a crew member of the ship you are familiar with is automatically maximized. This increases neither the spell's level nor its casting time.

Voice of the Storm
The rolling of thunder and clashing of waves serves in place of your voice.
Requirements: Silent Spell, Storm Magic (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Storm_Magic,Sto)
Benefit: Any spell you cast during a storm is automatically silenced. This increases neither the spell's level nor its casting time.

Fill the Sails
Your favored ship's sails are always full, thanks to your windsong.
Requirements: Ship's Mage, Windsinger (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Windsinger,Sto), Perform (Sing or Wind Instruments) 10 ranks, Profession (Sailor) 10 ranks, Spellcraft 10 ranks
Benefit: When using your Windsinger feat while on board the ship you are familiar with, the duration of the feat's affect is as long as you play and 24 hours afterward.
Normal: The duration of the Windsinger feat's effect is as long as you play and 1 minute afterwards.

knightsaline
2006-08-11, 11:54 PM
Just one question, do these feats only apply to water ships, or can they be used on any ship like construction? I wondered this because of airships and possibly large land ships pulled by slaves/cows/a tame tarrasque/horses or the like.

Winged One
2006-08-12, 12:19 AM
Ship's Mage is clearly not from Complete Warrior: I just checked it. Perhaps it is in some other book.
Yeah, Realmhelp is full of errors like that. My guess is Stormwrack.

Interesting balance on the feats. All but useless in some campaigns, but amazingly useful in others. Kind of like the feat they built off of. I like 'em.
Thank you.

Just one question, do these feats only apply to water ships, or can they be used on any ship like construction? I wondered this because of airships and possibly large land ships pulled by slaves/cows/a tame tarrasque/horses or the like.
DM's call, I believe. However, I must admit that I started this thread because I believe that I will soon recieve a chance to start a new character in a campaign where airships are featured heavily. Ground ships might be stretching it, though.

TheThan
2006-08-12, 12:38 AM
yarge its from stormwrack... also nice feats... i like 'em