Silence
2009-05-03, 03:10 PM
Bloodspoor:
HP: 52/52

Alakai Mezexxus:
HP: 43/48

Reyor Retelas:
HP: 112/112

A man stood on a street corner. He had been waiting there for hours for his target. People rushed around him, oblivious to the evil they had just passed. He didn't care about the people that made their pitiful ways around the twisted streets of StoneForge. He had much more important things on his mind. Eventually, night came. And went. The sun rose high into the sky, climbing, as if up a ladder. It fell eventually, slower than any force of gravity could ever conceivably drop, and still the man stood.

"Soon, very soon..." He whispered, almost too quietly for him to hear himself.

You awaken.

Dice Rolls:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6065051#post6065051

OOC:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110719

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 03:18 PM
Alakai looks quickly around the room. What does he see

(Spot check on dice board)

Silence
2009-05-03, 03:36 PM
(No spot check really needed)

You find yourself in a small inn room. You remember that you're staying here for the night before traveling back to the order in Stoneforge.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 03:39 PM
Alakai reaches into his pack and dons his traveling clothes.
"Well.... Might as well get something accomplished since I cant sleep, "

He then heads out of the room

Silence
2009-05-03, 03:48 PM
You make your way out of the inn, taking a small ration out of your pack and beginning to chew on a small piece of tough bread.

After finding your horse and mounting him, you ride out of town.

---
---
---

After about an hour, the sun rises, and the roads begin to fill with travelers.

You ride at a quiet trot, barely awake. You muse to yourself that you're much more sleepy now than you ever were when you were in a comfortable bed.

"'Scuz meh siir..." Says a raspy voice from behind you.

You turn to see a thin, ugly woman that you had just passed on the road without even noticing. Odd that someone would be waiting on the road you thought to yourself.

"Spare a coin? See, my husband died, and...." She trailed off, averting her gaze from you.

(If you do give her money, as long as it's not any large amount, don't feel the need to record it on on your character sheet. A few SP aren't even worth recording.

Also, make a listen check.)

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 03:58 PM
Alakai looks down at the lady and says
"Dear woman I will not give you money but I will give you this"

Alakai takes a piece of bread, a piece of cheese, and a piece of meat and do a Craft: gourmet meals check to make her a sandwich

Silence
2009-05-03, 04:12 PM
She stares at you funny for a moment, giving a stare somewhere between "WTF" and "How rude...." before grinning.

(Again, I need you to make a listen check before responding to this post.)

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 04:14 PM
(I did its on the dice board)

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-03, 04:16 PM
Reyor

"You're quite the culinarist it seems" comes a deep voice from the inn. The man responsible steps into the failing darkness, his worn robes hiding the layers of metal encasing him.

Walking around semi-randomly he inquires, "So it would seem you couldn't sleep either. Once our companion awakes we shall be off."

Running the motions of his freshly earned arcane power through his mind, he drew a flute from his pack and bean to play a sombre tune.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take 10 on a Perform check for a 18 total. The SRD says you'll enjoy it, whether you do or not is up to you.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 04:25 PM
Alakai gives his companion a smug grin and pulls his pan flute.

"and let us play 'till he wakes"

He begins to play along with the tune

--------------------------------------
Take ten on perform for a total of 20.

Silence
2009-05-03, 04:26 PM
(I did its on the dice board)
(My bad. For future reference, post what you made on dice rolls on the main thread before posting your actions. Makes it simpler for me, because I'm lazy :D)

You get hit in the back and take

[roll0]

Damage.

Roll for int.

(Sorry if I confused you guys, but you're not together right now. I'm going to disregard the last two posts, as they were made of our confusion.)

@Reynor: You awake in the guild building in Stoneforge. It's about 7 O'clock, and time for your morning exercises.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 04:33 PM
I got a 14 on my initative

Silence
2009-05-03, 04:39 PM
You turn to see a group of four men, all armed with longbows and lonswords. You recognize them as common ruffians.

They're about ten feet from you, in a 10ft by 10ft square, and the woman is about 5 feet from you the opposite direction.

Keep in mind that you're on a horse who isn't combat trained right now.

(This encounter isn't meant to challenge. Simply to test, and see how you'll do. I like to do little random warm up encounters like these, so don't be surprised when you own these guys without even taking a point of damage.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah and what about my sandwich. was it good and did it get destroyed when I got attacked

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 04:49 PM
Alakai unsheathes his flaming short sword and attacks the woman by launching himself off his horse.

"You dare betray my kindness! I will now show you the dark side of Alakai Mezzexxus!"

I got a 23 on my attack roll

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 06:31 PM
Did I hit her? :smallconfused:

Silence
2009-05-03, 09:00 PM
1. Don't triple post. Edit.

2. Dude. It's a sandwhich. But yes, it falls to the ground and is destroyed.

3. To increase the speed of combat, it's customary to roll for damage before you know if you've hit or not.

4. Noramally, dismount is some sort of action I should go look up, but in this case, generally because you're lvl 13, and are very experienced, I rule that you can move off the horse and attack.

5. The woman has a small enough HP that it doesn't really matter how badly you hit her, she's going to die.

6. The bandits began to surround you, creating an arc around you while keeping their distance. You skillfully dance around their arrows, but one hits you for [roll0] damage.

They are now in an arc around you, each about 20 ft away. Your move.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 09:20 PM
Alakai lunges at the middle bandit whilst yelling
"You sick bastards! you destroyed my sandwhich!"

I got a 31 on my attack
and 7 on the damage

Silence
2009-05-03, 09:33 PM
You kill him, and the other three start running into the forest that lines the path.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-03, 09:49 PM
Alakai raises his blade toward the sky
"Aggggggghhhhhhh!Agggggggghhhhhh! Run you miscriants!"

I roll an intimidate check and get a

I then turn and begin to sing

"Beggar sends a highwaymen
Then they ran off like baby goblins

It was only a sandwich
but its not like I’m rich

Killed the first
So the last ran down the track less traversed"

Maurkov
2009-05-03, 10:46 PM
Bloodspoor

They didn't know him as Bloodspoor here. They call him River. Dapples of sunlight were just beginning to penetrate the bower of living wood. He gazed at Dandelion and smiled, just a little sad. She was pretty, witty, and lithe. But by lunch time she'll have forgotten him; such were the memories of faeries in their natural state.

He used his training to disentangle himself and then to dress in absolute silence. When he risked a kiss, she stirred but did not wake. He pushed between branches and glided down to the forest floor. The ancient/timeless druid, Yew was there. He handed the quiver of arrows to River. "Good luck," the old man said.

Bloodspoor bid him goodbye and walked to the edge of the faerie enclave. Walking took longer. He tried to memorize the scent of evergreen and mushroom, the feel of the air on his cheek and of the humus beneath his boots, and the faint buzzing of gossamer wings.

Bloodspoor had made hundreds of careful slices to the trailing edges of his own wings. They no longer buzzed. Even at top speed they made barely a whisper.

Before he reached the road, he found his own memories of the Enclave were fading. I'm not so different, was a comforting thought. He took to the air and vanished. There was a lot of ground to cover, and there was work to be done.

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-04, 04:49 AM
Reyor

Waking quickly Reyor immediately walked to the table on the left of the room, and claiming his sword he knelt down and focussed his mind. He felt the eldritch power swirling around him. With a swift mental flick, he grabbed at it and drew it into him. He repeated this for 15 minutes until he had refilled his soul with arcane power. ready to be channelled into magic, or through his blade.

He then donned his armour, collected his bag and bow, and left for the courtyard. As usual the initiates were already up tidying the place and preparing for their superiors to commence training. Stopping short he lowered the bag, tightened the ties on his robes and began the weapon drill taught to him by the Paladin Order. With each carefully executed swing of his blade he felt the holy power fill him. When he was done he laid the sword flat in his hands and prayed for the strength to do his duty with the highest standards of justice and benevolence.

With his swordplay finished Reyor placed his hand across the emblem of the Assassins that was engraved into his arm, and retook the oath he had sworn to them. "Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent, hide in plain sight, never compromise the Assassin's Brotherhood."

His triple headed exercises complete, Reyor headed to his next port of call. (OOC: wherever that is)

Silence
2009-05-04, 07:33 AM
Alakai ... traversed"

They run, and are no where to be seen after a few moments.

@Bloodspoor: You make your way through the air, and quickly away from the forest. You passed towns and trails, but mostly wilderness. Eventually, at about 1 O'clock, you make it to Stoneforge.

Stonefoge is an old city, mostly made completely from stone, hence its name. Legend has it that it was created from a single stone by a massive spell by the great sorcerer Benyl. It's a medium large city, and is home to a diverse range of races and social classes. You could find, if you knew where to look, almost anything there.

@Reynor: You hear a voice yelling from outside your room. They yells become distinct quickly, and you make out the words "killed" and "Robin". Robin was the head of the Assassin's organization in Stoneforge. He was old, but had lived a long life of adventure and work. To hear that he was dead shocked you. You listen closer. The man was yelling a call to arms, telling those who heard that Robin had been assassinated, killed by a man on the street. He had snuck up on on him, and in one lethal blow, stabbed him in the neck with a cursed blade, preventing resurrection. The wizards were, you presumed, working on removing the curse and raising Robin as we speak. This wasn't the first time that he'd died. But there were more important things. To find that assassin....

(OOC: He was actually very high level. Probably a 5th lvl monk, 10th lvl assassin, 8th rouge, with a few levels in some random prestige class.)

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-04, 07:54 AM
Reyor

Sheathing his sword Reyor walked out of the courtyard towards the town. The death of his leader was distressing, but his disciplined mind was not going to be draw into a bloodthirsty revenge. Robin was the leader of a neseccary part of Stoneforge, meaning the death of this assassin was justified and required, the greater good must win through.

Before he left he touched the hood of his robes, the magic altering his appearance from his distinctive self, to that of a commoner. He then readied his blade and departed.

(Use hat of disguise to become some random peasant.)

Silence
2009-05-04, 08:03 AM
(I'm going to take over your character a bit, due to your lack of knowlege that your character has about the city.)

You figure, that since he was killed on Green Road, the assassin would have probably tried to leave the road towards the wall. It was an area near the center of the city, and the assassin would have had to blend in to escape. He would probably be making his way towards The Marketplace, where he could completely dissapear for a few hours before trailing someone home, killing everyone in their house, staying the night, then leaving. Assassins of your order and city guards would be covering the gates and walls in great numbers, and it would be almost impossible to escape.

But how would be switch roads from green road to Circle Path to get to the marketplace. There are two different exits, both small alleyways. A friend passes you. His name is Thomas, and he is also an assassin. A less trained one, but still useful. You direct him towards the east exit from Green Road to Circle path while you cover the west one.

It was imperative that you find this assassin and interrogate him.

(If you don't agree with any of my actions, feel free to tell me, and I'll edit the post. I'm just assuming this is what you'd do, as I have greater knowledge of the city than you.)

Maurkov
2009-05-04, 01:57 PM
Bloodspoor

The pixie brushes the pastry crumbs from his face and fingers. He didn't think the farmer's wife would mind too much finding a gold piece where she had left her pie to cool. The cow was less thrilled when he'd stopped for a couple of squirts to wash it down. He had no raport with animals.

He is suprised to see so many on the walls as he flies over, invisible, and a hundred feet up. There's no sign of an invading army, and most of the soldier are looking in. It might be serious. He sweeps in close to pick up the chatter.

Listen - (1d20+15)[29]
Gather Information - (1d20+15)[23]

Silence
2009-05-04, 02:47 PM
You find no information from the common folk, other than that some sort of murder had been made, but the guards, recognizing you as an honorary assassin, quickly tell you the situation.

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-04, 03:45 PM
Reyor

Keeping a hand on his blade as he walks through the town he prepares himself for the inevitable combat should he find the assassin.

Arriving at his destination he enters the alley a little way. He then closes his eyes for a second and when he opens them he can sense peoples deepest, personal intents, scanning the area seeking his foe.
--------------------
Use Detect Evil to search for an aura.
Search: [roll0]
Readying an action to cast Magic Missile if I find someone with an evil alignment.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 03:47 PM
Alakai sheaths his blade and hits his knees. He places Eilistaee's holy symbol on the highwayman's forehead and begins to pray. He then puts the symbol up and takes the man's shoes.

Silence
2009-05-04, 04:26 PM
Reyor

Keeping a hand on his blade as he walks through the town he prepares himself for the inevitable combat should he find the assassin.

Arriving at his destination he enters the alley a little way. He then closes his eyes for a second and when he opens them he can sense peoples deepest, personal intents, scanning the area seeking his foe.
--------------------
Use Detect Evil to search for an aura.
Search: [roll0]
Readying an action to cast Magic Missile if I find someone with an evil alignment.
You find nothing for a few minutes, but after that time you see the telltale signs of someone with a suppressed aura, dressed as a commonly dressed man walking towards you.

@Froogleyboy: (I'm assuming after that you make your way towards Stoneforge?)

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 04:51 PM
Alakai mounts Arachne and ride off

Maurkov
2009-05-04, 05:20 PM
Bloodspoor

Bloodspoor shakes his head. Walls and guards aren't much of an obstacle for an assassin. He'll be long gone. He thanks the guardsmen and flies on, to the guild hall. He keeps his eyes and ears open, just in case.

Silence
2009-05-04, 05:33 PM
@Froogleyboy: (TIME WARP YEAH!)

A few hours later, about midday, you arrive in stoneforge, but the gate captain won't let you in. He claims that the city is locked down.

@Bloodspoor: You arrive at the guild hall safely. It's almost empty, as you would expect. Most of the people that aren't guarding the area, and let me note that the guard force is still quite strong, are out looking for the murderer. A man, part of the order, asks you if you know what happened.

Maurkov
2009-05-04, 06:15 PM
Bloodspoor

"I heard only the vaguest detail. Have you got a description or sketch of the person? Is there any evidence that he hasn't flown or teleported away yet? Any idea of the motive?"

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 06:37 PM
Alakai

Alakai brushes his fingers through his silver hair in annoyance. He lifts his head and smiles at the guard .
"Sir I am sorry for my lateness. I had an . . . . . . inconvineiance. Now if you let me in I would be in debt to you my good sir, and Alakai Mezexxus never forgets a debt"

I rolled a diplomacy check and got a 33

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-04, 06:38 PM
Reyor

Seeing the man Reyor continues to walk down the ally. Once he gets within 15ft he will look up and (hopefully) that will be the last thing the man sees for a while as his Glitterdust sell goes off.

[If the spell works] Collecting his now disabled hostage Reyor grabs a pair of manacles from his bag and binds his hands. He then places a hand on his shoulder and whispers into his ear "Identify yourself. If you move you die".

[If it doesn't] Cursing his flashy magic Reyor draws his sword and prepares for battle.

--------------
Cast Glitterdust (DC17 Will to not be blinded).
Intimidate if the spell works: [roll0]

Silence
2009-05-04, 06:50 PM
@Bloodspoor: "No one knows... He got away. I can think of no motive for the kill, other than vengeance for a death caused by Robin..." He replies.

@Alakai: (Nice roll. You're quite the socialite.) The considers this for a moment, then signals to the gatemaster to let you through.

You enter the city.

@Reynor: Your plan works perfectly. The man stumbles and bumbles over his words before begging you not to kill him.

"Please don't kill me... I didn't kill him... They just hired me to help..." He says, barely coherently.

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-04, 07:03 PM
Reyor

"Well you can tell that to the truth zone back at the guild hall. However if you give me some information right now that I can pass on and leads to the capture of the murderer then you can at least expect some leniency".

With that he will drag the man up, touch his hood so that he looks like himself, but is dressed like a city guard, and proceeds to lead the man back to the guild. [If the man gives me some information I'll pass it on to any assassin I happen to pass.]

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 07:09 PM
Alakai gives the man a beautiful smile and rides into the town smiling and waving to every person he sees. He quickly picks up a tune and begins to sing

I use my Bardic music ability to fascinate people with my singing. I rolled a 16 on my sing check. I sung:

Queen of Light took her bow
And then she turned to go
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom
And walked the night alone

Oh, dance in the dark of night
Sing to the morning light
The dark Lord rides in force tonight
And time will tell us all

Oh, throw down your plow and hoe
Rest not to lock your homes
Side by side we wait the might
Of the darkest of them all

I hear the horses' thunder
Down in the valley blow
I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon
Waiting for the eastern glow

The apples of the valley hold
The seeds of happiness
The ground is rich from tender care
Repay, do not forget, no, no

Dance in the dark of night
The apples turn to brown and black
The tyrant's face is red.

Oh war is the common cry
Pick up you swords and fly
The sky is filled with good and bad
That mortals never know

Oh, well, the night is long
The beads of time pass slow
Tired eyes on the sunrise
Waiting for the eastern glow

The pain of war cannot exceed
The woe of aftermath
The drums will shake the castle wall
The ring wraiths ride in black
Ride on

Sing as you raise your bow
Shoot straighter than before
No comfort has the fire at night
That lights the face so cold

Oh dance in the dark of night
The magic runes are writ in gold
To bring the balance back
Bring it back

At last the sun is shining
The clouds of blue roll by
With flames from the dragon ofdarkness
The sunlight blinds his eyes

Silence
2009-05-04, 07:12 PM
@Reynor: You drag the man back to the guild hall, but he doesn't speak until you get there. There are two men speaking there, one of them a pixie. You recognize them both as assassins, the pixie as a quite high ranking member, like yourself.

@Bloodspoor: You see a city guard dragging a man dressed as a commoner into the hall where you are.

@Foogleyboy: (Lyics aren't really necessary, but if you want to post them, that's your thing. BTW, what song is that?)

People smile as you ride by, and wave back, some recognizing you. A fellow assassin stops you and tells you what happened, and that a man has just begun interrogation in the guild hall.

(The timing is a bit out of sync. The other two players are still about an hour behind you. I'll give them a bit to post in the difference.)

Maurkov
2009-05-04, 07:13 PM
Bloodspoor

"Make a list of his targets." He tries to remember how long humans live. "Three years should be enough...," he trails off.

"Is that him?"

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 07:20 PM
Thats the song that I play before I post because it gets me in the mood for this character. Its called 'Battle of evermore' by Led Zeppelin

Silence
2009-05-04, 07:20 PM
@Bloodspoor: The man looks over at the guard dragging the man, and immediately rushes over and begins to help the guard. He then responds to you.

"I'll make the list when I'm done here, sir." He says. "And I don't know if this is him or not. We'll see, sir."

@Foogley: (Oh, yeah, I know that song. Good stuff. Led Zeppelin is beast :smallamused:)

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 07:25 PM
Alakai kicks open the door to the guild hall.
"What" He sighs while opening a small bottle of mushroom wine "happend?"
He takes a small sip and whispers to himself "Delicious."

Silence
2009-05-04, 07:37 PM
@Froogley: You see about a dozen fellow asssassins draw knives, bows and swords of all sort and switch into combat stances as you smash the door open. When they see it's you, they put their weapons away and begin talking amonsgst themselves. One tells you that they found someone on the street that was hired by the murderer to help him.

Apparently, the murderer had hired five mercenaries to help him ensure the kill of Robin. They had then tried to run, but three had been caught by the assassins.

They didn't know anything about the man other than that he was a tall, black haired male that carried himself with a sense of what can only be described as deadliness.

After the kill, the assassin had teleported away, probably by magic.

None of them knew anything about the assassin or his motivations.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 07:47 PM
Alakai growls to himself, sighs and sips from the bottle again. Without looking up from the bottle he asks "Who do you have working on this?"

Silence
2009-05-04, 08:50 PM
@Froogle: They list off the names of a few assassins. Competent ones you know can do the job well.

Froogleyboy
2009-05-04, 09:10 PM
Alakai smirks at the men. "Hmm...." he sighs "at least I will be working with men of. . . . . competence"

OOC: are these assassins the PCs?

Maurkov
2009-05-04, 11:45 PM
Bloodspoor

To amuse himself while he awaits clerical (think secretary, not priest) assistance, he checks out the captive. He walks a slow circle around. As he leaves the man's line of sight, Bloodspoor looks through the things he's collected from the man's pockets. By the time he's back in front, he's put them back again.

Fetching: Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[42] Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[34] Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[34]

Returning: Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[26] Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[42] Sleight of Hand - (1d20+22)[36]

Kobold-Bard
2009-05-05, 02:32 AM
Reyor

Relinquishing the man Reyor says to the guard "make sure those manacles come back to me clean, understand".[1]

Tapping hi hood to return to his normal attire he heads to the leaders office to see if his magical abilities will be of any use in seeking the murderer. (I know I can't scry, but they might have scrolls)

----------------
[1]Intimidate check whilst saying it: [roll0]-1 because I got my modifier wrong.

Silence
2009-05-05, 07:24 AM
@Froogley: (Some are there are four assassins working on him total. Three PCs and a NPC.)

@Bloodspoor: You find a few GP and SP, some food, two daggers, a short sword, and some other random items a commoner might have on them. It's also worth noting that he's wearing thin leather armor under his cloak and clothes.

@Reynor: He nods quickly, and you head up to the second in command's office (first in command until Robin is raised). He's a ranger mainly, and has little magical ability, but he knows the location for a Zone of Truth scroll and a potion these use for interrogation (-1d8 to wisdom and intelligence).

Froogleyboy
2009-05-05, 03:58 PM
Alakai sips at his wine and says "take me to these men"

Silence
2009-05-05, 04:04 PM
@Froogely: (Ok, we're going to have to wait for the other two to catch up, and then the timing will all be right. But for now, we'll just have to wait.)

Maurkov
2009-05-05, 06:07 PM
Bloodspoor

"make sure those manacles come back to me clean, understand." [Intimidate +28]

The little man is startled by such a harsh tone. "This one's on our side," he gently chides the departing assassin.

He turns to the prisoner. "I am saddened that you have chosen to betray the city's patron guild. Why would you do this?"

Bloodspoor is using diplomacy for now, but he'll try to get a sense for what kind of persuasion is likely to be most effective.

He'd like to get some leads before they go though the trouble of magically breaking him.

Silence
2009-05-05, 09:31 PM
Bloodspoor

The little man is startled by such a harsh tone. "This one's on our side," he gently chides the departing assassin.

He turns to the prisoner. "I am saddened that you have chosen to betray the city's patron guild. Why would you do this?"

Bloodspoor is using diplomacy for now, but he'll try to get a sense for what kind of persuasion is likely to be most effective.

He'd like to get some leads before they go though the trouble of magically breaking him.

"I'm not part of your damn guild," He spits, "I'm just a [blank]ing mercenary. He hired me. I don't know anything about him other than he pays well."

Froogleyboy
2009-05-06, 08:20 PM
(OOC: have they caught up yet)

Maurkov
2009-05-06, 10:55 PM
Bloodspoor

"Mercenary? I can work with that. How much would it cost for you to tell us... everything?"

Silence
2009-05-07, 08:07 AM
"Hell, if I knew anything else, I would be selling right off to ye, but I don't got nutin' else..." He says.

Important announcement. I will be moving this game to the Invisible Castle boards because GitP is always down. Does anyone have issues with that?

New, new thread is here: We changed it from invisible castle to myth weavers.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?&g=4291

Just shoot me a PM with your username.