PDA

View Full Version : If you could talk to anyone who would it be?

GoC
2009-05-03, 04:25 PM
You can chose anyone who has ever lived. Including anyone alive today.
This conversation could last as long as you wished whenever you wish.

thubby
2009-05-03, 04:35 PM
hitler just for everything he did, even if he was evil.

KnightDisciple
2009-05-03, 04:36 PM
Top 5, in no particular order:

-David (slayer of Goliath)
-Joshua, son of Nun
-John, Son of Zebedee
-John Adams
-William Wallace

evil-frosty
2009-05-03, 04:47 PM
Well i cant just pick one too many great people. So here they all are that i can think of right now.

My great grandpa he died the day before i was born
Jesus
Joan of Arc
Major **** Winters
Sergeant Bill Garner
Abe Lincoln
Gary Gygax

All i can think of right now

Quincunx
2009-05-03, 05:12 PM
I have nothing important to say to great people and less confidence that they will listen. Instead I will bring a few minutes of reflection and quiet. No demands.

Starscream
2009-05-03, 05:18 PM
Albert Einstein. That guy rocked in so many different ways.

Canadian
2009-05-03, 06:14 PM
I'd talk to my grandfather and I'd tell him the results of every sports game ever to take place within his lifetime. He could bet on every game and win every time. By the time he was ready to retire he'd be a billionaire. He'd pass his fortune on to me as thanks for telling him all the betting information.

Rutskarn
2009-05-03, 06:37 PM
I'd talk to Terry Pratchett. That would be an interesting conversation, and no mistake.

Hell, I could charge admission.

Linkavitch
2009-05-03, 07:50 PM
George Washington. See what he thinks of this country now.

J.R.R. Tolkien. Talk about what inspired LotR.

Stan Lee. Same as JRRT. See what made him think up Spider-Man, the X-Men, and all those greats.

Sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Llama231
2009-05-03, 09:20 PM
Buddha, Jesus or some other religious leader to annoy religious people see what they would think of the world now.

OR

Myself in the past.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-03, 10:11 PM
I'm a bloody agnostic with strong athiestic leanings, yet I'd STILL want to be able to Summon Monster IX: Jesus as an /at-will ability. If anything, it'd give me the chance to clear up some things with certain people. :smalltongue:

UserClone
2009-05-03, 10:28 PM
My father. Technically, I could speak to him, but I don't know that I ever will. :smallconfused: I don't like this game.:smallfrown:

FdL
2009-05-03, 10:33 PM
My ex-girlfriend. She won't return my calls or any form of communication. And I miss her so bad.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-03, 10:51 PM
Myself age 5 just to get some perspective: see how much I've "grown" and changed and maybe be humbled by my former self and the innocence of a child.

If alternate versions of ourselves don't count in this hypothetical conversation, I'd choose Alan Moore, thank him of Watchmen and talk to him about a possible collaboration: him and I writing, and myself doing the artwork (I goes to art school (check sig)).

Semidi
2009-05-03, 10:57 PM
Philosophers:

Aristotle, Wittgenstein, Nietzsche

Aristotle because I think it would be really cool to tell him the discoveries and new ideas in logic, ethics, physics, and political philosophy. Also to get some clear discussion of what he meant in a lot of his works.

Wittgenstein because more ink has been spilled over his two books than almost any other philosopher--ever. It would be cool to talk about what he meant and get his reaction to various discoveries in linguistics.

Nietzsche because it would be damn cool.

Other:

Oscar Wilde because he'd be funny as hell.

Mando Knight
2009-05-04, 12:16 AM
Put me down for another request to Gate Jesus in. I'd even pay for the XP component. :smalltongue:

Alternatively, I'd go with Beserk Monk and say I'd like to talk to myself 10-15 years ago. Perhaps alter my own psyche, possibly.

Or talk to Martin Luther. I'd like to have a beer with that guy.

Or Isaac Newton. Or Einstein, or...

...Or other than famous people, I'd like a moment to speak with my paternal grandfather or my eldest brother (the latter died at the age of two, long before I was born, and the former when I was nine or ten, which was before I knew that he was an aeronautical engineer. Which is my field of study now.).

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-04, 02:01 AM
Top three?
J.r.r. Tolkien - Bor - Jesus.

Icewalker
2009-05-04, 02:10 AM
If we're messing with history, Benjamin Franklin is on my list for this little fiasco (http://www.xkcd.com/567/).

Other than that, Jesus is on the list to get his opinion of Christianity. Past that, I feel like I'd just start listing philosophers and scientists, but I'm honestly not sure what I'd have to say to them.

Jibar
2009-05-04, 02:14 AM
Either

a) Nikola Tesla.

Me: "Tesla?"
Him: "Yes? May I help you?"
Me: "Edison sucks."
Him: "Of course."
*highfive*

b) Oscar Wilde.

Me: "Ugh... Mr Wilde?"
Him: "Yes?"
Me: "I appear to be in your bed chambers with nothing but my undergarments on and no memory of what happened the previous night."
Him: "Yes. I do have that effect upon humans. If you could please take a number before you leave and collect your possessions from the maid. Wildeland takes no responsibility for any lost items or damaged goods. And please, come again."

c) Jim Henson.

Felixaar
2009-05-04, 02:35 AM
Wow. A lot of people want to talk to Jesus.

Me? Hmm. Can't really think of anyone now.

Athaniar
2009-05-04, 03:03 AM
Hmmm...

In no specific order:

Gene Roddenberry (it'd be fun to hear his opinions of modern Trek an other sci-fi)
JRR Tolkien (same as above, but replace "Trek" with "LotR" and "sci-fi" with "fantasy")
Jesus (same as the above two, but replace "Trek" with "Christianity" and "sci-fi" with "religion")
Adolf Hitler (I don't know, really, but he had such an impact on history)
Napoleon Bonaparte (same as the above)
Genghis Khan (same)
Mohandas Gandhi (same, and he was such a great man)
Joan of Arc (important both historically and religiously)

And last but not least:
Any Dinosaur
*turns on video camera*
"Mr. Dinosaur, the scientists of my time have been wondering quite a bit about your kind. Well, now that I know how you look, can you give me an example of how you sound?"

RAAAAAWR!

This is gonna make me a millionaire.
*turns off video camera*

And lots of more people I can't recall right now, of course.

Khanderas
2009-05-04, 04:00 AM
The Dalai Lama.
Because it seems to me that everyone who ever talked to him seems to find themselves improved mentally and spritually.

toasty
2009-05-04, 04:30 AM
Yes, I'm another Jesus person.

Him or St. Peter... or Tolkien...

darn there are far to many choices.

horngeek
2009-05-04, 05:35 AM
Jesus. Bandwagon reasons, especially as I am Christian.

Hitler. Less 'talk to' and more 'laugh at'. I take his actions very, very seriously, but the man himself was a bit pathetic.

Einstein, as he was awesome.

Ilena
2009-05-04, 08:31 AM
Hmmm i would not mind talking to a pharoh of egypt or an emperor of rome .... both would be awesome, and yes jesus as well would be interesting, but meh, honestly i dont think i could just talk to one person, id want to wander through the history ... but if im right and mythical creatures did or do exsist id want to talk to a Dragon, Centaur, and Unicorn, hey its worth a shot :D But ya definately too many people to list ...

Llama231
2009-05-04, 09:24 AM
Okay, more people I would like to speak with:
First human who I can communicate with.
George W. Bush before he was president.
Sakurai, and tell him what should have been in Brawl.
All of the geniuses in history.

Can we talk to people in the future?

Om
2009-05-04, 10:47 AM
I bet Karl Marx would make a fantastic drinking partner

Fredthefighter
2009-05-04, 10:57 AM
I'd like to talk to Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Winston Churchill, King Arthur Pendragon and Robin Hood (I don't care if the last 2 don't exist, I want to talk to them).

MountainKing
2009-05-04, 11:24 AM
In no particular order, I'd like to speak with the following people. I may or may not actually speak to them, but they are all to be recipients of a boot to the head.

-George Lucas (I'd at least talk to him first. Definitely.)
-Former president George Bush (both of them) (...first one I'd talk to, second one, a boot to the head.)
-The blithering idiot who wrote Harry Potter (No talking beyond "THAT IS NOT A WIZARD!")
-The blithering idiot who wrote Twilight (No talking beyond "Thanks for setting up an unrealistic view of how girls and women ought to behave, along with unrealistic expectations from the world, and men in general... just like everyone else who writes trash like you. You fiend. Also, vampires DO NOT GLITTER!")

If those last two somehow, by some strange twist of fate and altered reality, end up being the same person... then they receive TWO boots to the head, rather than just one.

The following person, I would not speak with, until after they became the recipient of a throat punch: Uwe Boll. The conversation, while one sided, would last for *hours*. :smallbiggrin:

chiasaur11
2009-05-04, 12:45 PM
Either

a) Nikola Tesla.

Me: "Tesla?"
Him: "Yes? May I help you?"
Me: "Edison sucks."
Him: "Of course."
*highfive*

Tesla would be great.

I mean, we're talking full on mad scientist, and maker of Atomic Robo.
Plus, about half his work was either insanely good or the deranged ramblings of a madman, so there's that.

Of course, given it says anyone, with no restrictions on fictional, Reed Richards might be a good pick.

The notes would probably be worth a mint either way. And you could be the first person on your block to have a working death ray.

KnightDisciple
2009-05-04, 01:20 PM
Tesla would be great.

I mean, we're talking full on mad scientist, and maker of Atomic Robo.
Plus, about half his work was either insanely good or the deranged ramblings of a madman, so there's that.

Of course, given it says anyone, with no restrictions on fictional, Reed Richards might be a good pick.

The notes would probably be worth a mint either way. And you could be the first person on your block to have a working death ray.

If it's a Reed Richards design, it'll probably have an inbuilt coffee machine. And mint dispenser.

chiasaur11
2009-05-04, 01:27 PM
If it's a Reed Richards design, it'll probably have an inbuilt coffee machine. And mint dispenser.

And possibly spider legs and rockets.

You should see the toasters.

(Ironically, his spaceship and hovercar designs are rather utilitarian.)

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-04, 01:29 PM
Old Lady Windsor.

Just because I wonder whether she's in fact a cute old lady. Also for the tea.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-04, 01:54 PM
Tesla is high on my list, if only so I could see if his "coil" was a load or not.

Wilde is also high one it because he's just so bloody clever. Aside from Alexander the Great, he's one of my favorite gay guys in history.

chiasaur11
2009-05-04, 02:01 PM
Tesla is high on my list, if only so I could see if his "coil" was a load or not.

Wasn't.

Been built since, and they work.

Now, the Tunguska event and the deathrays...

Narkis
2009-05-04, 02:42 PM
If history could be changed as a result of this discussion, I'd talk to Alexander the Great and tell him to make a frigging will. In writing. And with many trustworthy witnesses. Alsom to get a really good doctor before partying in Babylon, but that's not so important.
Alternatively, I'd tell Ioannis Kapodistrias, to stay the heck away from that church in Nauplio on October 9th.
I'd also like to warn Eleftherios Venizelos that he'll lose the 1920 elections, but I can's see how that'd change the outcome. Damn.

Now, if history was unalterable, I'd still talk to the above men, mostly to know their view on modern Greece and stuff.

Irregardless (amazingly, my spellchecker didn't underline that), I'd talk to Jesus and see what he thinks about the religion that was spawned in his name.

And I'd want to talk to too many philosophers and scientists to list them all. Well, not talk, I doubt I'd have much to say, but be lectured by them. It'd be awesome.

Lawliet
2009-05-04, 07:59 PM
Wow, long time since I last posted on the forums.

Anyway, Bill Watterson. The guy is just a genius, and I would like to discuss about the education system and his view on the artistic world.

And Shigeru Miyamoto, because he is just awesome.

Silence
2009-05-04, 08:54 PM
I'd talk to god, that is if he exists. If he doesn't, then I'd talk to one of my friends I can't see in person due to distance.

Sequinox
2009-05-04, 09:03 PM
My choices are going to be very different; I can feel it.

Neil Peart, John Frusciante, Myself (One year in the past), Stephen King (Actually, he lives like 20 minutes away... I think. Somewhere in... Brunswick? I don't know. Still, I'd like to talk to him about where the Dark Tower came from.)

Renegade Paladin
2009-05-04, 09:26 PM
Leonardo da Vinci.

Lupy
2009-05-04, 09:31 PM
Jesus in person, for obvious reasons, or Adam, the Adam too, not just any old Adam.

If for some reason I can't get either of them, I'd talk to myself, just before I died, and the only thing I'd ask would be, "Was it worth it all?"

Because if my answer is "no" then I have time to change things.

Assassin89
2009-05-04, 09:38 PM
Aside from Rich Burlew, Gary Gygax, and Dave Arneson, I would enjoy having a conversation with Shigeru Miyamoto, Nobuo Uematsu, FDR, David Schow, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and maybe others...

Felixaar
2009-05-04, 10:00 PM
I bet Karl Marx would make a fantastic drinking partner

He would've left his wallet in his other pair of pants, unfortunately.

Copacetic
2009-05-04, 10:36 PM
Dr. Seuss, Jesus, The Buhda, Karl Marx, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Aristotle, Plato, Edgar Allen Poe, Sir Isaac Newton, ...

There's a quite extensive list represented by those three periods, let me tell you.

Darius Midnite
2009-05-05, 01:47 AM
For as long as I wish? The days would never end.

- Mark Twain
- H. P. Lovecraft
- Roger Waters
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Salvador Dali

Xondoure
2009-05-05, 02:00 AM
If history could be changed as a result of this discussion, I'd talk to Alexander the Great and tell him to make a frigging will. In writing. And with many trustworthy witnesses. Alsom to get a really good doctor before partying in Babylon, but that's not so important.
Alternatively, I'd tell Ioannis Kapodistrias, to stay the heck away from that church in Nauplio on October 9th.
I'd also like to warn Eleftherios Venizelos that he'll lose the 1920 elections, but I can's see how that'd change the outcome. Damn.

Now, if history was unalterable, I'd still talk to the above men, mostly to know their view on modern Greece and stuff.

Irregardless (amazingly, my spellchecker didn't underline that), I'd talk to Jesus and see what he thinks about the religion that was spawned in his name.

And I'd want to talk to too many philosophers and scientists to list them all. Well, not talk, I doubt I'd have much to say, but be lectured by them. It'd be awesome.

Sorry, but alexanders entire point of not having a will is so that no one would ever succeed his empire.

Edit: as for me, then I would speak to technology, or nature. the power that would give you...

Lord Mancow
2009-05-05, 03:46 AM
I think that I would like to talk to the following people:
-Julius Caesar (changed the world profoundly)
-Genghis Khan (why did he kill so many people)
-Attila the Hun (same as above)
-Gary Gygax
-Plato
-Socrates
-FDR
-JFK (would want to know what it was like in respective periods)
-Terry Pratchett
-Different Famous inventors
-person/ people who invented the wheel
-Josef Stalin
-Hitler
any probably more

golentan
2009-05-05, 04:24 AM
My friend. I'd like it to last indefinitely, but I'd be ok with just an extra five minutes.
i wish i had gone instead.

Sorry for that incredibly emo interlude.

Some of the other suggestions are interesting for sure. Tesla would be fun, maybe someone should combine that conversation with becoming a pigeon?

Om
2009-05-05, 07:43 AM
He would've left his wallet in his other pair of pants, unfortunately.True dat. I'd have to invite Engels along to pay for the drinks

Narkis
2009-05-05, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Xondoure;6070776]Sorry, but alexanders entire point of not having a will is so that no one would ever succeed his empire.
/QUOTE]

True. But that's what I'd like to change. :smallwink:

Tuataralad
2009-05-05, 07:01 PM
My top three would probably be Shakespeare, Isaac Newton and Einstein or something. I think it would be funny to tell them all sorts of stuff from the future, and also show them the Wikipedia articles on themselves.

chiasaur11
2009-05-05, 07:05 PM
My top three would probably be Shakespeare, Isaac Newton and Einstein or something. I think it would be funny to tell them all sorts of stuff from the future, and also show them the Wikipedia articles on themselves.

Do you want them to go into depressed catatonia?

Destro_Yersul
2009-05-05, 07:31 PM
Anyone?

Douglas Adams.

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-08, 09:15 PM
Oscar Wilde. I'm sure he'd have something interesting to say. He always used to.

Failing that, a night on the town with Samuel Taylor Coleridge and Lord Byron.

GolemsVoice
2009-05-09, 01:07 PM
Well, I think Mohammed or Jesus are too good an opportunity to let it pass. Those guys would REALLY have to tell something, and I would ask many interesting and enlightening questions. Though there ist the possibility that whatever they answer might not be greeted warmly by the mayor faiths, and I think that knowledge would drive me mad.
Speaking of that, H.P. Lovecraft. I would tell him to cheer up, and keep on fighting. And I would tell him to keep good care of ALL his manuscripts, in case he will get famous one day. Who knows?
Franz Kafka, and talk at length about his novels, and what he thought about them. And he would get the same advice as HPL.
Hitler, just to see how that man was ticking. For this scenario, I imply that he would actually listen and talk to me sensibly, instead of just screaming hateful phrases at me.

Katrascythe
2009-05-09, 03:01 PM
I would like to speak to the most evil person in existence. I would do research for years to try to determine this. But I just have to know what this person would be like. I have to know what it is to stand in the presence of true, unadulterated, unwavering evil.

I guess in the end that would be Satan or some form thereof. But I'd do that only if he looked like Satan out of Constantine (because he was freakin' AWESOME)

zeratul
2009-05-09, 03:21 PM
Hmm people I would like to talk to include but are not limited to

- A.A. Nemtheanga of primordial (technically I have, but it would be cool to have a conversation with him as opposed to just a brief encounter)
- The Norse Skalds
- J.R.R. Tolkien about fantasy, religion, Norse mythology, and other such topics.
- The members of Blind Guardian about various nerdy things :smalltongue:
- Forum people
- William Wallace
- Robert E. Lee because I'd want to see what he was actually like.

Trizap
2009-05-09, 03:31 PM
*= people I would praise.
-= people I would regard with sternness but would grudgingly let them live
@= people I would shoot at the end of the conversation.

*Douglas Adams
*Terry Pratchett
*Isaac Asimov
*Albert Einstein
@Christopher Paolini
@ JK Rowling (I agree with whoever said "THAT IS NOT A WIZARD" above)
@ whoever wrote Twilight (forgot their name)
@all the people who had a hand in making Dragonball Evolution.
@ George Bush the second
*Gary Gygax
*Dave Arneson
*George Washington
*all the greatest minds of the Enlightenment
*Mohandas Gandhi
*Martin Luther King
-Jesus
-Napolean Bonaparte
@Oprah
-Thomas Edison
*Nicola Tesla

to be updated when I think of more.

Phae Nymna
2009-05-09, 10:59 PM
Zachary Quinto, so I may seduce him.

Castaras
2009-05-10, 04:38 AM
Maybe I'll talk to God if he exists and ask him various questions that aren't suitable for this forum (religious / political dramallama).

If he doesn't exist, then I'll talk to whichever all powerful being is up there.

If there isn't an all powerful being up there, I'll settle with talking to my boyfriend. ^.^

KnightDisciple
2009-05-10, 01:00 PM
*= people I would praise.
-= people I would regard with sternness but would grudgingly let them live
@= people I would shoot at the end of the conversation.

*Douglas Adams
*Terry Pratchett
*Isaac Asimov
*Albert Einstein
@Christopher Paolini
@ JK Rowling (I agree with whoever said "THAT IS NOT A WIZARD" above)
@ whoever wrote Twilight (forgot their name)
@all the people who had a hand in making Dragonball Evolution.
@ George Bush the second
*Gary Gygax
*Dave Arneson
*George Washington
*all the greatest minds of the Enlightenment
*Mohandas Gandhi
*Martin Luther King
-Jesus
-Napolean Bonaparte
@Oprah
-Thomas Edison
*Nicola Tesla

to be updated when I think of more.

The fact that you put Jesus and Napolean freaking Bonaparte on the same level of "frustration" or whatever, along with wanting to kill people like Rowling and Oprah, not to mention implying that George W. Bush is worse than Napolean, tells me you need to re-look at history. Several times. When you've gained deeper perspective, then maybe you can talk.
Kids these days...

GoC
2009-05-10, 02:18 PM
The fact that you put Jesus and Napolean freaking Bonaparte on the same level of "frustration" or whatever, along with wanting to kill people like Rowling and Oprah, not to mention implying that George W. Bush is worse than Napolean, tells me you need to re-look at history. Several times. When you've gained deeper perspective, then maybe you can talk.
Kids these days...

Very very very much agreed. Put Bush in the context of recent history and you'll see he's pretty average. Put him in the context of all history and he's a friggin saint!
And what did Jesus do to you? It's his followers that should be blamed.

Anuan
2009-05-10, 06:59 PM
I agree with the previous two statements. Reading the comment in itself made my eye twitch.

Also, I'd talk to William Wallace and tell him how to change his tactics and defeat the english.
I'd talk to J.K Rowling and actually complement her writing. It was new without being bad.
I'd like to meet Stephanie Meyer but only so I could laugh derisively.
I'd love to meet and talk to Billy Connolly. Man's a genius.
More to come when I remember and have time and not a class packing up around me.