PDA

View Full Version : Coheed And Cambria - Ideal Setlist

King_Diamond
2009-05-03, 07:25 PM
I'm a fan of death metal and progressive metal, but I enjoy the mellow Proggy sound of Coheed. I've seen them at least 6 times and everytime, I wished they would play a certain song, so what's your ideal list for them? 10 song maximum. Oh, and no "Oh, they're emo" comments. They're not emo, they're incredibly talented and can play circles around AFI and Panic at The Disco.

Mine is:

1. Al The Killer
2. Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
3. A Favor House Atlantic
4. Feathers
5. Welcome Home
6. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth
7. Hearshot kid Disaster
8. Neverender
9.The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court
10. Time Consumer (Acoustic version played during Neverender)

I kinda hate Welcome Home though..Too popular..

Raistlin1040
2009-05-05, 06:01 PM
Don't lump AFI and Panic at the Disco together. AFI is emo in the original sense, a more emotional offshoot of hardcore punk (Though they've since moved more towards Alt. Rock). Panic at the Disco is emo in the new sense, the Fall Out Boy sound. Sorry, pet peeve of mine. Not a huge fan of classifying music, at least not broad generalization like "Such and such is a blank band", but you know, proper use of terms

I have nothing else to contibute, since I only listen to Welcome Home and The Suffering.

Joran
2009-05-06, 12:26 AM
I kinda hate Welcome Home though..Too popular..

Is this the "I used to like it but now everybody likes it so I no longer like it"? Or is it the "Why did they pick that song to make popular, they have so many other good ones"?

Anyway, I only know of the existence of Coheed and Cambria because of Rock Band and Welcome Home. However, it is a fun song to sing and play and I like rocking out to it.