PDA

View Full Version : (AD&D) Anyone ever played this adventure?

Swordguy
2009-05-03, 09:12 PM
So, my L5R group is taking a break, and we're running us some AD&D. I'm GMing, and people want a medium-high level game, around 10-12th. I'm looking squarely at an adventure published WAY back in Dungeon Magazine #49, "The Castle of the Blind Sun".

I've been waiting for a chance to run this module for 15 years. It centers around an evil bardess who befriends, kills, and takes over the castle of a high-level retired adventurer, and promptly enspells the surrounding countryside so she isn't bothered. It's VERY heavy on the atmosphere (it's actually scored to music, ranging from Wagner to Vivaldi to Beethoven), which should go over well considering my group is primarily theatre and music majors.

Question is thus: anyone out there every played through this adventure and found any major issues? I'm looking at it, and it looks offhand like the "boss" encounter at the end with the charm-heavy bardess and her pet fighter (both 9th level) is pretty tame for a party of 4, 10-12th level PCs.

For reference, the party looks to be a Paladin10, Cleric11, Fighter10, and EITHER a Bard or Wizard (hasn't decided yet).

Matthew
2009-05-04, 07:22 AM
Sounds interesting, but I cannot say I have played this one (in fact, I do not think I have played any Dungeon adventures ever). I would guess the main areas of concern would be player character access to fifth level spells.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-05-04, 07:50 AM
I have not run this perticular adventure but i have been in other ones from early dragon and dungion and inquest magazines. Our group found them to be a little easy. What i would sugest is have the adventure as its written but then have a copy of it with upgraded monsters that way if you find the pcs are going with no challange then you can up it.