PDA

View Full Version : Coloring Upgrade?

Code Black
2009-05-03, 11:28 PM
Did the comic go through some sort of change in that regard? The colors seem clearer yet crisper, they don't clash as much, and I think it has something to do with a switch to lighter colors. I looks a lot better than it did, and by that I mean as close to this point as Belkar being cured. I first caught it when seeing Roy's facial expression in the 11th panel, which seems a less bold, so that it doesn't dominate his face, while still coming through well. Then, my eyes sort of adjusted, and I noticed everything else.

All in all, it's never looked better, and I'm just commending Rich on it.

Silverraptor
2009-05-03, 11:34 PM
I didn't notice but I'll go back and check it out.

Leonidus
2009-05-04, 01:03 AM
Well Roy IS semi-transparent right now.

OTOH, I did just go look, between today's page and the first strip, haley looks to be slightly lighter, tho Durkon looks the same.

factotum
2009-05-04, 01:42 AM
Between now and the first strip there HAVE been art changes, yes--in particular, Roy is a lighter brown because his original skin tone came out really badly in print. However, I got the impression that the OP is saying there's been a change quite recently, and I'm not so sure there has.

Kaytara
2009-05-04, 04:18 AM
Aside from what's already been noted, Durkon HAS been changed. His skin tone is slightly less dull and his beard is lighter. Haley's hair is brighter - this is especially apparent in the previous comic, where she nicks the diamond - and the yellow of Elan's hair is more vivid and yellowish.

Holammer
2009-05-04, 07:28 AM
I used the colour picker for fun. Using pages 1-331-650 I compared some colours like Durkon's skin colour and Haley's hair.

Changes between 1-331 are often clear enough to spot with your own eyes. But the changes 331-650 are so minute they are indiscernible to the human eye. I doubt Rich changed the colour on Haley's hair by +1G and +1B from 331-650 by design.
Any perceived changes can probably be attributed to the bright outdoors setting they're currently enjoying.

Silverraptor
2009-05-04, 12:06 PM
I used the colour picker for fun. Using pages 1-331-650 I compared some colours like Durkon's skin colour and Haley's hair.

Changes between 1-331 are often clear enough to spot with your own eyes. But the changes 331-650 are so minute they are indiscernible to the human eye. I doubt Rich changed the colour on Haley's hair by +1G and +1B from 331-650 by design.
Any perceived changes can probably be attributed to the bright outdoors setting they're currently enjoying.

Great! Thanks Holammer!:smallsmile:

[TS] Shadow
2009-05-04, 04:12 PM

Now we know! "And knowing is half the battle!" GI JOE!

(Seriously, I haven't noticed any major changes.)

Shadic
2009-05-04, 09:13 PM
He actually talks about this in the books. Among the changes are Roy's skin and Elan's hair, for example.

He changed the colors for the books, and decided he liked the new colors more for the most part anyways. And having the new colors in the comic cut down on production time for the books.

I believe they were rolled out the same time as the first main art upgrade.