PDA

View Full Version : V will be forced to destroy a gate.

Shodan
2009-05-04, 09:04 AM
The 3 demons/devils/etc that now have a grip on V's soul very likely want possession, destruction or control of the gates...they know about them and what they can do from nate and his succubus. They have plotted to take advantage since they learned about it and watched the Oots as they know they are likely to encounter Xykon again..

I dont think there is anything in the contract V made that says V has to be dead for her soul time to be used.

V is about to go to Xykon...wouldnt this be a perfect time for them to claim her, and use that time to make a deal with Xykon? Redcloak probably wont like this idea as he knows what he really wants the gate for, and if they want to destroy the world or use it to destroy all the gods, then Xykon and redcloak will be at odds. They could offer to make Xykon a demon or something in exchange for him destroying the gates.

Either the above...or The 3 demons will force her to destroy a gate as soon as they are in sight. I'm pretty sure that plot thread will be resolved before she dies.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-05-04, 09:29 AM
Wow, what a COMPLETELY ORIGINAL theory. It's not like HALF THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD ALREADY SUGGESTED THAT.

Kaytara
2009-05-04, 09:46 AM
You shouldn't make such spoilery titles, for the Giant's benefit...

Definitely not destroy a gate. For one thing, doing so brings everyone one step closer to the complete unmaking of the world, and not even the fiends want that. For another thing, it has been well-established that controlling a gate would be a much more useful strategy.

Will V be forced to control a gate?

Almost certainly. I don't think it will be the Azure City gate, though. It's already destroyed and thus impossible to control. Besides, the wording of the contract implies that the fiends won't come to collect their debt until after the Splice has been ended, and V still needs it to teleport back to the group and get them to the next gate.

I consider it far more likely that Vaarsuvius will return from Azure City, teleport the group to Girard's Gate and give up the Splice, and THEN (or eventually, anyway, since they may not be able to make their way through all the illusions and other obstacles immediately) the fiends will come to collect.

David Argall
2009-05-04, 06:05 PM
You shouldn't make such spoilery titles, for the Giant's benefit...

Definitely not destroy a gate. For one thing, doing so brings everyone one step closer to the complete unmaking of the world, and not even the fiends want that. For another thing, it has been well-established that controlling a gate would be a much more useful strategy.

Will V be forced to control a gate?

Almost certainly.

I consider it far more likely that Vaarsuvius will return from Azure City, teleport the group to Girard's Gate and give up the Splice, and THEN (or eventually, anyway, since they may not be able to make their way through all the illusions and other obstacles immediately) the fiends will come to collect.

Now this does mean there is a good chance the party will be destroying this gate. It is quite possible that V will have a role in that destruction even while attempting to control the gate. Maybe ...
Belkar dies and is off to a Bad Place, which happens to be near our fiends one way or another. At the crucial time, they yank V's soul out of her body and take over. The soul is put in storage, where it is contacted by Belkar. The two find some way to disrupt the plan.