PDA

View Full Version : "I know what I want..." [Item]

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-11, 09:33 AM
No, I didn't just see Pirates 2, why? *hides the rum*
Voodoo Compass
"Aye, the compass doesn't point north. But we're not trying to find north, are we?"
This compass is unique, pointing not to north, but to whatever the user most truly desires. However, the user must focus their will on their desire to make their target trump other desires in their minds.
You must make a DC 15 Concentration check to use the compass and have it point accurately, or else the needle will spin around unable to "lock" on what your wavering mind seeks.

Using the compass becomes more difficult under certain conditions. For example, Jack the Swashbuckler is attempting to use the compass. As he tries to find where he left his hat, a thought flutters through his mind.
I could really go for some rum right about now...
The DC increases by 2 as this momentary wish momentarily distracts his focus.
Other such distractions increase the DC, at the GM's discretion, but no single distraction should be worse than a +5 to the DC.
On failure, you may try again immediately, though you take a -2 for each failure lasting until the next day while you try to sort out your desires.

Moderate divination, Craft Wondrous Item, CL 8th, Discern Location, price 128000, wt. 1/2 lb.

Price standing edit: Okay, following the table, I came to 128000 gold. Wow. Gonna take more than an undead monkey for that'un...

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 11:42 AM
Where does it point if you do want to find north?

NullAshton
2006-08-11, 11:44 AM
Heh, yeah, put in a clause that this will never help you find north.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-11, 12:04 PM
Darn you people and your Trap of Words feat....if you want to find North, you'll find North >_>

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 12:11 PM
For pricing, look at this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm) table.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-11, 12:22 PM
Thanks PD, the cost was double where I put it.