PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ancient warforged.

Bushwhacked
2009-05-04, 02:11 PM
Basicly while surfing the other day I stumbled across this (http://numioh.deviantart.com/art/Anubis-10655114) picture and it inspired ne to try and build another character.

I picture him as a warforged but either outside of ebberon or as a short of early prototype where it's creator didn't quite know what he was making. Like many golems he was given orders to guard a tomb and he did so dutifly for centuries upon centuries until it eventually crumbled. He saw he was now guarding just a pile of dust and changed his mind.

I'd like him to be experianced in maintaining himself as he would have spent the years repairing his own form and improving it on occasion. Being a Gish-esque character would be nice as I'd want him to be a fighter but not fall behind casters and become irrelivant. Also the weapon he holds seems to have a lot of character around it, so standing out against other d&d weapons would be nice.

What I've come up with so far is 5 levels of warforgered artificer (subsitution levels for the intellegent weapon familiar) and then moving onto the spellcarved soldier PRC. My problem here is I'm not sure what to bridge the BAB gap between the levels with (i'd like to make s'carved 4 pretty near to 12), and i'm not entirely sure the artificer peg can be knocked into the fighter shaped hole.

Edit: I've come across a couple of warforged paragon stats out there, is there one which is counted as offical?

Thanks in advance.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-04, 02:45 PM
Artificer doesn't really help keep up at high levels unless you take it to 20. Their primary feature(craft reserve) isn't granted by any PrC, and since Invocations usually don't allow PrC entry, it's usually not worth it to go anything other than pure Artificer.

Not sure what the Spellcarved Soldier PrC is, but if you want a smart Gish, you can't go wrong with Duskblade 7/anything X. Maybe refluffed Jade Phoenix Mage to fill out the levels, or Abjurant Champion.

Edit:Also, the Ancestral Weapon feat from BoED works really well for making something your personal weapon.

Darth Stabber
2009-05-04, 03:27 PM
Agreed on the !artificer bit, Not all that usefull, whereas if you go duskblade, you get your gishyness, and you can take the ancestral weapon feat to get the bonded item to get what you wanted out of Item familiar. Or alternately you could go into the weapons of legacy book and take one of those item based prestige classes. Or you can reflavor the duskblade spells as limited use integrated systems that warforged is just equipped with and go from there. I once did a complete flavor re-haul on a warforged warlock, He had his invocations count as either secondary weapons or upgraded systems, and his Eldritch blast was just a magic cannon that issued from a Crystal mounted in his Right arm. This was during a Samus fanboy phase, so forgive the blantant scifi to fantasy cross-overness.

Side benefit:
Warforged + Improved Unarmed Strike + Hideous Blow =
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/e/ef/Powerfist.jpg/200px-Powerfist.jpg

Deth Muncher
2009-05-04, 04:31 PM
Well, let's see. In the world of Eberron, the original warforged were created in Xen'drik. Now, Xen'drik has all terrain types, including the desert. Which means that the Anubisbot would actually make sense. Now, as to being Gish-riffic, I could see you going Fighter/Suel Arcanamach/Sandshaper? Assuming that that build works that is. Because not only would Sandshaper grant you all kinds of buff spells, but you'd also have free Overland Flight if you're over sand. Add in all sorts of Warforged components, and you'd pwninate.

Bushwhacked
2009-05-04, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys. I do like the way that duskblade7-spellcarved4 (it's from races of eberron) is looking. The doom scarabs spell has just the right amount of association to the desert past.
The suel arcanamach would have been great if it wasn't for the lousy cha on the warforged. I'll definatly be stealing the ancient suloise language for his primary language though.:smallcool:

tyckspoon
2009-05-04, 08:54 PM
Warforged + Improved Unarmed Strike + Hideous Blow =

Putting aside the whole "Hideous Blow is terribad" thing- Warforged have a natural Slam attack and wouldn't need Improved Unarmed Strike to do that.

Lappy9000
2009-05-04, 09:13 PM
While not nearly as cool-looking as the anu-bot, here's a primordial warforged from...Secrets of Xen'Drik, I believe?
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sx_gallery/98378.jpg

chiasaur11
2009-05-04, 09:33 PM
While not nearly as cool-looking as the anu-bot, here's a primordial warforged from...Secrets of Xen'Drik, I believe?
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sx_gallery/98378.jpg

Nifty.

Thing looks old and smashy. Just what a roboty dude should be.