PDA

View Full Version : Stomp to Victory![Item]

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-10, 09:14 PM
Dunno if this has ever been done for d20 modern, but we shall defer to the board's collective wisdom for this matter...

Steel-Toed Boots
These tough leather boots are made with a metal plate built into the toe for protection.
Steel-toed boots cause you to deal lethal damage with an unarmed kick attack. Or, if you already can deal lethal damage, the damage dice size is increased one step.
When wearing steel-toed boots, your movement speed is reduced by five feet. However, you do not suffer additional penalties when moving through rough or uneven terrain.
Cost: ???

I'd add a tripping defense bonus of some kind, but the real key to tripping is the knee. I dunno what the cost would be for this sort of item, but let me know what you think!

TheOOB
2006-08-11, 03:57 AM
I'd make them work just like gauntlets except on your feet, simply cause your unarmed attacks with your foot to deal leathal instead of non-leathal damage. Possibly give +2 vs caltrop attacks. No need to add bonuses to other attacks or reduce speed. All the extra metal does is make your kicks a little harder (and protect your toes from falling hammers).

As for price, I'd say about 5sp, I'd make a pair weigh 2lb

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-11, 09:36 AM
Well really, the original idea involved just the movement thing, since they -do- really help, from experience...I'm new to item creation and d20 in general, obviously.