PDA

View Full Version : Fancomic/Webcomic help

Lerky
2009-05-04, 08:51 PM
I doubt I'm the first person who needs help when it comes to making an OOTS-Style webcomic in Inkscape, so I decided to make this thread. So I'm curious how people make webcomics in inkscape, panels, font size, organization, whenever I try it turns into one massive headache. So I'm looking for any advice anyone can give (remember it's in inkscape) thanks:smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-04, 09:41 PM
Paneling is made easy by rectangles and the boxes on the top. Find a consistent pattern to paneling, such as increments of 100, for width, and keep the same height throughout the panels. Font should probably be size 8-10, Comic Sans MS, if you're exporting at 90 DPI. Speech bubbles should start with circles filled with white. Make a triangle passing well into the circle, and use Object->Union to merge them into what you're used to seeing. Keep them consistent with border width, and use layers to make them above everything else. For backgrounds and such, there are many approaches; I'll assume you have the art under control. Using the coordinates at the top of the screen is key for keeping it clean. Keep in mind that stroke affects width and height, and try to figure out the system if you want it perfect.

Some people put panels and speech bubbles in before characters, as it helps for organization.

To cut things out of panels (like another half of a character), make sure all the objects making up that character are paths, and make two nodes along the border. Cut off all nodes on the other side of the border, and straighten it to keep it contained. Repeat for all objects.

Hope this helps enough :smallsmile:

Lerky
2009-05-04, 11:51 PM
this is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks TnD:smallbiggrin:
if anyone has anymore tips/hints/tricks please don't spare them:smallsmile: