PDA

View Full Version : Grafts

Xenogears
2009-05-05, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know of a book or other source that will give me a comprehensive list of all the grafts that are available? I have Fiend folio and that has a bunch. Ive also seen the ones in Lords of Madness. Anyone know of any other books with grafts in them or even better a source that lists all the available grafts.

Zergrusheddie
2009-05-05, 05:15 PM
If I recall correctly, there are quite a few in Libris Mortis.

Best of luck
-Eddie

overduegalaxy
2009-05-05, 05:43 PM
Magic of Eberron has construct, elemental, and deathless grafts, and Faiths of Eberron (I think) has plant grafts, along with a few others.

EDIT: Oh, and Races of the Dragon has draconic grafts.

Wafflecart
2009-05-05, 09:13 PM
Hi guys, I have a similar question, anyone know of any mechanical grafts, like magic zooming eyes, or warforged arms, things like that?

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-05, 09:18 PM
Hi guys, I have a similar question, anyone know of any mechanical grafts, like magic zooming eyes, or warforged arms, things like that?There's always Maug grafts, from Fiend Folio.

Wafflecart
2009-05-05, 10:17 PM
There's always Maug grafts, from Fiend Folio.

Hmm...just looked them up, not exactly what I was looking for, but then again, DND isnt really big on mechanical stuff.

Ghal Marak
2009-05-06, 12:32 AM
Hmm...just looked them up, not exactly what I was looking for, but then again, DND isnt really big on mechanical stuff.

There is Faiths of Ebberon for some warforged grafts. And there is a 10 level PRC that basicaly turns the character into a Half-Warforged in Magic of Ebberon called Renegade Mastermaker.

Fizban
2009-05-06, 07:57 PM
Off the top of my head:

Fiend Folio, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, Races of the Dragon, Magic of Eberron, Faiths of Eberron, (Eberron Campaign Setting?). DMGII also includes Half-Golems, which have LA- (unsuitable for players), and Symbionts can be found in various books.

Faiths of Eberron has the Warforged grafts, but they're basically just a very expensive (in gp and hp) way of stacking warforged features on your base race: if you just want the robot arms, it's better to be a robot in the first place. Maug grafts also come from constructs, but the only arm on is the locking hand, so less awesome.

In general regarding grafts: the rules have changed with almost every book, as well as prices between 3.0, 3.5, and later 3.5. This means you're going to have to go through and re-evaluate all the old prices, and find some middle ground on the rules. I personally advocate dropping the limits on multiple graft types and hp loss, but go ahead and keep the common sense limits (only one graft that replaces your legs, or skin, etc). Rework prices on grafts in the Fiend Folio based on about twice as much as the item would normally cost: the item is (somewhat) uslotted (x2), and grants an untyped bonus (x2). Most items aren't worth a x4 markup to have grafted, and the fact that you can't hand it off to an ally or sell it is a negative factor, so I'd keep it at x2 or x3 of base price.

Note that some items like the Silithar grafts in Lords of Madness should keep their current x4 price, since they are based solely on numerical bonuses rather than adding new abilities, and thus must be carefully monitored for stacking cheese. Other grafts that grant new abilities lose value as you gain more because you only have so many actions, so they can be ad hocked.

sonofzeal
2009-05-06, 08:09 PM
-Fiend Folio (Aboleth, Illithid, Beholder, Fiendish, Maug, Undead, Yuan-Ti)
-Libris Mortis (Undead - best listing)
-Lords of Madness (Aboleth, Illithid, Silthilar)
-Serpent Kingdoms (Yuan-Ti)
-Underdark (Illithid - best listing)
-Magic of Eberron (Deathless, Elemental, Plant)
-Races of the Dragon Dragon)
-Faiths of Eberron (Construct)