PDA

View Full Version : [3.5ed] How About Demodands?

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-05, 05:41 PM
Demons and Devils each have an entire book written about them.

Yugoloths tend to get mentioned about every other Monster Manual or so.

...but what about the Demodand? As far as I can tell, these Tartarian prison wardens haven't been brought up since Fiend Folio, which isn't even a 3.5ed book. Despite the fact that "Other subraces of demodands live on Carceri, and perhaps on other planes as well," none of the other books I've checked have given me anything more than the Kelubar, Farastu, and Shator, or anything at all, really.

afroakuma
2009-05-05, 05:45 PM
Whoever wrote that was either feeling ambitious or got their history wrong.

Demodands/gehreleths were always a tripartite race; they worship Apomps the Three-Sided One.

If you have any questions about them, I can probably help you, but there really aren't any additional subraces, nor have there ever been.

Eldan
2009-05-06, 01:31 AM
Nope, adding more subraces would pretty much destroy their mythology. Not that any of that was ever mentioned in third edition, as far as I know, but if you can get your hands on some planescape sources, you should find some of it.

TheCountAlucard
2009-05-06, 01:44 AM
Whoever wrote that was either feeling ambitious or got their history wrong.Humorously enough, I was quoting Fiend Folio, the only 3E book I've found that references Demodands at all.

Not that any of that was ever mentioned in third edition, as far as I know......which is why I was asking you guys about this stuff.

bosssmiley
2009-05-06, 03:27 AM
Planewalker.com should be your go-to for this. IIRC Shemeska the Marauder does a lot of good fan fluff on the Demodands, Yugoloths, Diakka, Hordlings, Hag, and other also-rans of the Lower Planes.

Failing that 2E Planescape had Planes of Conflict and Faces of Evil(?) which both had sections of the Demodands. The general air was a little "they're the weird kids of the Lower Planes" though.

The "Shackled City" adventure path by paizo had a side-bar on statting Demodands if you didn't have the FF to hand. For example a Kebular was something like a Half-Fiend Koa-Tou Barb7...

edit: turns out Shemeska (under his Earth name) is doing Pathfinder's planes book. Might be worth a look...