PDA

View Full Version : wtf people

rokar4life
2009-05-05, 06:52 PM
why is everyone saying that Belkar is chaotic evil, at the worst i would say nuetral evil as he listens to Roy

BRC
2009-05-05, 06:57 PM
I don't know if this is a troll or not. Probably is, but there is a chance it isn't, so I'll respond quickly.

1) Rich said he was.
2) He only listens to Roy because it's, usually, in his interests to do so. For example, when he wanted to kill Elan for XP, he stopped because Roy told him that, if he killed Elan, the rest of the party would kill him.

Xacal
2009-05-05, 06:59 PM
why is everyone saying that Belkar is chaotic evil, at the worst i would say nuetral evil as he listens to Roy

A being of the upper planes tells Roy that he has been travelling with a Chaotic Evil halfling. It takes place in the scene where ROy has died and his character is being evaluated for his entry into the upper planes.

Lira
2009-05-05, 07:00 PM
It's been stated by the Giant that Belkar is Chaotic Evil and it's been stated at least (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0489.html) twice (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0610.html) in the comic.

Elemental_Elf
2009-05-05, 07:04 PM
I don't get why people have a problem with Belkar being C/E...

Assassin89
2009-05-05, 07:11 PM

I think the trope Draco in Leather Pants (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DracoInLeatherPants) applies to Belkar.

Cúchulainn
2009-05-05, 07:13 PM

Not enough senseless killing was seen in the PANELS. Without SEEING it we can't just ASSUME they're doing evil things. Okay sure Belkar and Crystal SEEM to be murderers, but we just haven't seen enough innocent stick figure death to assume these things. They could be donating to various orphanages or taking leisure trips to the Celestial plane to have fun with fellow like-minded angels, we don't know.

^ I'm pretty sure that's what the silly people think.

The Pilgrim
2009-05-05, 07:22 PM
Gosh, even Belkar recognizes himself as a CE!

Accept it. Live with it.

Kish
2009-05-05, 09:12 PM
Chaotic Evil is not more evil than Neutral Evil. It's more chaotic and equally evil. Hence the names, "Chaotic Evil" and "Neutral Evil."

And there's no such alignment as nuetral evil, but if there was it would be the worst evil of all.

xyzzy
2009-05-05, 09:18 PM
Not enough senseless killing was seen in the PANELS. Without SEEING it we can't just ASSUME they're doing evil things. Okay sure Belkar and Crystal SEEM to be murderers, but we just haven't seen enough innocent stick figure death to assume these things. They could be donating to various orphanages or taking leisure trips to the Celestial plane to have fun with fellow like-minded angels, we don't know.

^ I'm pretty sure that's what the silly people think.

No, everyone knows the whole series is a hallucination by a fan of an entirely different story starring the Order in an alternate universe. The fan in question holds deep hatred for Belkar because they dislike how tremendously LG he is!

Also, your avatar makes me giggle every time I see it. And then I think of Angela's Ashes and then I think of that scene and the giggling ends immediately.

Pie Guy
2009-05-05, 09:55 PM
Chaotic Evil is not more evil than Neutral Evil. It's more chaotic and equally evil. Hence the names, "Chaotic Evil" and "Neutral Evil."

And there's no such alignment as nuetral evil, but if there was it would be the worst evil of all.

NE exists in DnD, just to point that out.

And It has been referenced several times that Belkar says he's chaotic evil.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-05, 10:00 PM

Neutral Evil does, but Nuetral Evil does not.

rgrekejin
2009-05-05, 10:02 PM

And It has been referenced several times that Belkar says he's chaotic evil.

Of course Neutral Evil exists in DnD. The point is that Nuetral Evil does not exist, as nuetral is, in fact, not a real word.

edit: ninja'd

Roland St. Jude
2009-05-05, 10:06 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't use profanity, chatspeak, etc. And also, we don't really need another Belkar alignment thread, especially not one started in this manner.