PDA

View Full Version : The City of the Spider Queen

Trodon
2009-05-05, 06:53 PM
The game has begun!

You have received an urgent summons to the hall of Lord Randal Morn, ruler of Daggerdale. Randal Morn has governed the war-torn dale for more than four years now. Under his wise guidance, much of the damage done by the decades-long Zhent occupation has been repaired, and the folk of Daggerdale have begun to prosper again. The heroic story of Randal Morn's resistance against the Zhents and the restoration of his throne is widely known throughout the Dalelands.
The lord of Daggerdale dose not stand on ceremony, and he personally greets you at the doors of his hall. Leading you to a comfortable study lined with bookshelves, he calls for refreshments. "I thank you for coming so quickly," he begins. "I'd heard that you were passing through the area, and you have a reputation as courageous problem-solvers. Well, I think i have a problem that needs solving."
"Seven days ago, a band of drow raided several farms and freeholds about 10 miles south of here. A number of people were killed, and the marauders caused much damage. Local militia tracked the drow band to the vicinity of an old set of crypts on the western edge of Dagger Hills. Rumor has it that those crypts conceal an entrance to the Underdark."
"Three nights ago, the drow raiders returned and caused even more damage. I think the time experienced and capable adventures to put a stop to these raids. We haven't had trouble with drow in Daggerdale for hundreds of years, and i have no idea what has stirred them up now. Can you help me?"

Icewalker
2009-05-16, 01:35 AM
The small and ragged looking roguish figure that is Sting sits crouched into a small pile in the provided chair, one hand on the knee of his rough trousers, the other running over the handle of an absolutely savage looking dagger.

His head is tilted downwards. There isn't much of a need to face people with a face swathed in a heavy black blindfold with a red line running lengthwise along it. He grins as the lord speaks, before speaking to his other half. "Kalefall, brother?"

Smoke scowls at the words. Without turning his blindfolded face he speaks. "Your offer is intriguing, Lord Morn. However, what exactly are the rewards of such an expedition?"

Trodon
2009-05-16, 01:49 AM
"i am willing to pay 5,000gp and another 5,000gp worth of healing or other spells in the temple of Tyr.

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-16, 01:57 AM
A tall and muscular man stands at the feet of the crown mulling over the words of the king. His huge great-sword strapped to his back, wearing a simple cloak that covers his marked hide. His brow furrowed he speaks This sounds like a good challenge, I'm ready for the fight.But I'm not so sure about the rest of my companions.

Worira
2009-05-16, 02:05 AM
Lloyd takes a seat in a chair (or, to the perceptive, a few inches above one) and addresses Lord Morn. "I don't mean to question your generosity, lord, but there are many expenses to be accounted for on an expedition such as this, and dealing with the drow elves carries with it rather a significant risk. Are you certain you couldn't be persuaded to increase our payment a trifle, considering?"
Broken roll.
"As for what's been causing the drow to behave like this, I can't say as I know. Perhaps someone else might have some insight into the matter?"

OOC edit: I hope you don't mind a slight facade-maintaining time warp.

Faulty
2009-05-16, 02:11 AM
I'd just like to note that Mayurra is disguised as a surface Elf at the moment. If we can just revise a bit, Mayurra would look like this at the moment:

She's wearing a soft leather vest and skirt, over diaphanous silvery white leggings and a loose flowing shirt whose loose sleeves cuff at her wrists, with thick leather boots. Her soft features are tanned and long auburn hair is curled in an elaborate bun on top of her head, with a gilded comb delicately placed within. She wears at all times a pair of dusky goggles.

Trodon
2009-05-16, 02:11 AM
"Hmm well i guess I can spare an extra 2,000gp but i can't spare anymore."

hey i cant seem to fine a random encounter table anywhere in the DMG dose anyone know where one is?

Trodon
2009-05-16, 02:17 AM
OOC edit: I hope you don't mind a slight facade-maintaining time warp.

no no thats fine

Faulty
2009-05-16, 02:22 AM
"That's more than reasonable," says the tanned elf with a determined confidence. "I, personally, am willing to help regardless of the reward. It may be wroth noting that the power of many Drow priestesses has been waning. The attacks could result from the Drow feeling cornered. The best we can do is go investigate."

Trodon
2009-05-16, 03:15 AM
hey i haven't heard from Jack Simth in a while i sent him a pm and if he's not in game in 5 days i'm finding a replacement for him just letting everyone know in case you thought that we're missing someone

"Well glad to hear that you all will help us. Feel free to leave for the crypts when ever you can the sooner the better!" (now is a good time to add any extra last minute equipment, search for some information, or whatever you want when everyone is done i will start the rest of the game)

Jack_Simth
2009-05-16, 08:35 AM
Dude, you said go all of about seven hours ago. We've got some timezone differences - I was getting my eight hours' sleep in.
A particularly short, stout dwarf, with blue eyes and blond hair, wearing an Explorer's outfit of sturdy brown leather boots, brown leather breeches, a brown leather belt, a brown shirt with a brown jacket, brown leather gloves, and a brown cloak stands listening to the exchange. His garments are festooned with pockets, so it's easy to miss that he carries two spell components pouches. The two holly and mistletoe's, the symbols of a Druid's power, are a bit harder to miss, though.

"Sounds reasonably just; I can go take a look, at least. Before we go, though, do you have any other information on these marauders? What were they wearing, how were they equipped, did they have any identifying marks, how many did your trackers say were in the marauding band, and so on. It's better to know going in what one will be facing in battle when push comes to shove, but it also helps if there is a method by which to distinguish the raider from the merely mislead youth."

Trodon
2009-05-16, 01:25 PM
right sorry oh and jack smith here is the OoC thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6104487#post6104487

"Well... there are some rumors that the crypts are haunted. And everyone that lives near then stay away from them. But I've never looked into it, no trouble has ever surfaced from there before i would round up some companions and go myself but i have to many duties here."

Jack_Simth
2009-05-16, 01:53 PM
You'd linked to the OOC thread in the recruitment thread - I found it that way already, just hadn't really seen a need to post in it.
"That is very good to know, but it does not quite answer the question I asked ... although I suppose you wouldn't have had direct contact with the raiders to really know. By any chance are there any survivors from one of the raids I can talk to? Possibly the soldier who tracked the raiders back to the crypt in the first place? I'm mostly looking for information on the raiders themselves, more than information on their hiding spot."

Trodon
2009-05-16, 01:56 PM
"No the trackers never got a look at the attackers and there were no survivors left. I'm sorry."

Worira
2009-05-16, 05:23 PM
Lloyd rises to his feet. "On behalf of myself and my companions, I thank you for your generosity, my lord. Unless any of my companions have need of anything in the city, I believe we'll set out immediately. Is everyone in agreement?"

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-16, 06:59 PM
"I'm ready to go! If anyone else needs anything, this is the last stop, so get it now." Toca begins walking out the door.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-16, 08:32 PM
Nosony looks like something is bothering him a little, but he doesn't bring it up.

"I came ready for trouble; I need not gather anything more prior to heading out that way."

Faulty
2009-05-17, 12:47 PM
"I came prepared myself. I say we head out." Mayurra follows Toca to the door and steps out. As the sunlight hits her eyes she quickly brings her hand up to cover her eyes and bends over, as if the increased light stung her.

SilentNight
2009-05-17, 09:19 PM
"Staring" at the wall, the larger of the two men give a chuckle as the lord mentions the possibility of hauntings, Divide and conquer brother, two eyes midst the storm". As he says this Smoke rises from his chair, reaching without looking for a large, thick, black ash walking stick. He wears a long gray cloak and an identically designed blindfold to sting, although a small beard can be seen underneath. Though he appears to wear a simple garb of leather, the unmistakable clanking of metal sounds as he stands.

Rising also, Sting gives a smile and an approving nod and looking a little too anxious, "Suits us fine. Let's be off." Though his face remains towards the ground, it seems he can barely contain himself.

Trodon
2009-05-17, 09:53 PM
Alright you leave the town and head south for about 5 miles when an Ogre Mage steps out onto the rode ""There is a toll here all of your money or i will have to kill you." Roll initiative
hey sorry i'm not very creative on the ogre's motivation i'm kind of tired right now oh and i dont know of an online map thing if any of you know pls let me know for later in the game

SilentNight
2009-05-17, 10:02 PM
Laughing at the voice, Sting claps his hands together once, one coming down on the other. Smoke gives a slight nod and takes a firmer grip on his walking stick.
Synchronized action allows the brothers to act together on the better of the two initiative counts.
Initiative(Smoke):[roll0]
Initiative(Sting):[roll1]
Also, are there any relatively thick trees nearby? I assume the ogre would have to step out of somewhere.

Trodon
2009-05-17, 10:11 PM
um... i dont have a map of the area but lets assume that yes there is

Faulty
2009-05-17, 10:55 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-18, 12:49 AM
Toca laughs at the Ogre's treat and slowly draws his greatsword preparing for a good fight.

Worira
2009-05-18, 01:08 AM
Lloyd chuckles dryly. "Kill us? Please, you couldn't even touch us. Now stand aside... Or better yet, why not come with us?"
The ghost swoops towards the ogre, his outline merging briefly with that of his foe. "Get out, you wretch! We don't have the time to waste on you!"

Malevolence attempt. DC 23 will save or Lloyd takes control of the ogre's body.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 01:08 AM
Initiative is: Lloyd, Sting and Smoke, Ogre Mage, Toca, Mayurra alright let the combat begin

Trodon
2009-05-18, 01:10 AM
[roll0] you are going to succeed

Worira
2009-05-18, 01:20 AM
The ogre mage shudders violently as the ghost wrestles his spirit from his body, then falls limp on the ground. A moment later, the body rises again and sweeps its hair back. "Pfeh. He didn't deserve this body. Let's move on, shall we? Sorry you didn't get a fight, Toca."

Trodon
2009-05-18, 01:24 AM
that's awesome you all gain 50 exp

Trodon
2009-05-18, 01:45 AM
Alright that was the shortest combat ever anyway you all head another 5 miles then take an old wagon dirt road another 2 miles east then you see it.

Before you, the trail winds past a low, rounded hill dotted with jutting boulders and dense briar patches. Sere grasses crown its barren slopes. Beyond this first rampart, a long chain of rugged hills streches away to the south and the east-the Dagger Hills. The trail turns and continues south, skirting the lower slopes.

Two old, small, stone buildings stand here in the shadow of the hill. The ruined shells of several more lie nearby, overgrown with though brown grass brown grass. A niche has been cut in the hillside just past the surface buildings. Within it, a stone door stands closed in a masonry alcove.

Icewalker
2009-05-18, 03:53 AM
Sting scowls slightly, spinning his daggers in his hands as he ogre falls before he reaches him.

As they come upon the buildings, he speaks a quiet word, "Two eyes." Smoke nods and the two each move to the edge of one of the buildings and silently walk the perimeter once before returning to the party.

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-18, 04:09 AM
After the "battle" with the ogre that Toca was ready to get into a good long fight and these ruins provided an interesting opportunity. Toca looks around the ruins, searching for any signs of people or animals. Hope this works
Search[roll0]

Jack_Simth
2009-05-18, 07:10 AM
Grinning at the ruins, Nosony holds a hand back and motions for the others to halt a moment.

"Please hold up a minute while I scry out the area."

Nosony invokes the power of the Third Eye he wears on his forehead, systemically putting his perspective at every point that's out of sight - on the other side of every door, around all corners, a hundred feet up for a bird's eye view, and on the other side of every visible wall.

"Of course, what's really bothering me about all this? If there were no survivors, and the tracker never saw anyone, and the tracker couldn't even tell how many were in the raiding parties, how'd they know it was Drow, and how'd they know the second group was bigger than the first?"

Third Eye Sense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#sense) is what he's using. One standard action Command-Thought activation. He doesn't even need to say a word. Item is usable at will.

A few Spot checks in case anything is hiding in the area:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

What's Nosony see?

Worira
2009-05-18, 10:15 AM
Lloyd moves to the doors and starts to examine them closely, searching for traps or other unusual features. Soon after he starts, he pauses. "Bah! This body's half-blind!" Continuing, he responds to the druid as he works. "If I recall correctly, Lord Morn didn't say the second group was larger than the first, only that they caused more damage. As for how they knew they were drow, perhaps Lord Morn simply misunderstood your question? It could be there were survivors among the farmers, and the lord thought you were only asking about the trackers."

Taking 20 on searches of each door, for results of 28 on each (since I'm lacking my ghostly racial bonus).

Trodon
2009-05-18, 12:43 PM
alright no one finds/sees anything besides the closed door that was in the description

Icewalker
2009-05-18, 01:19 PM
Still frowning slightly, Sting twirls his daggers again. "Empty." He pauses a moment, then taps his daggers together twice with distinct clicks.

Smoke nods, and the two of them move to the door and pause.

Icewalker
2009-05-18, 04:25 PM
Sting sighs quietly, running a finger over his barbed daggers as Smoke opens the door and the two move inside.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-18, 04:43 PM
Nosony nods at the others.

"Empty to scrying as well. Let's have a more direct look, shall we? Oh, one thing though...."

Nosony stops and casts Barkskin on himself, and begins to repeatedly waver his form slightly, for a little extra protection in case of something unexpected.

Active effects that have a notable impact:
1 Barkskin cast; +4 Natural Armor to AC for the duration of 100 minutes.
Minor Shapeshift active; selecting temp HP (one per hit die) - lasts five rounds based on the 5th level spell held in reserve, but renewable at will. Assume Nosony simply renews it shortly before it runs out, and that there will be 1d5 rounds left when it becomes important - it's just a swift-action to renew anyway, so doesn't really matter much.

Current plans:
Currently staying in dwarf form, leaving Leatherwing in hiding outside the ruins. Will fetch Leatherwing if the place starts to look big and time-consuming, will Wild Shape if it starts to look annoying.

Faulty
2009-05-18, 04:49 PM
Mayurra stands wary as the others search. She speaks a command word and suddenly a suit of shining armor with fine etches of wind curving along it. She draws her bastard sword, and when she grips it elven wording writes itself along the blade. She locks it into a gauntlet and lies it on the flat of the blade on her shoulder. "If you don't find anything, maybe we should check the door dug into the hillside," she calls, pointing towards the hill with her left hand.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 05:05 PM
As you open the door this is what you see:

Though coated with dust, this large stone chamber has clearly not lain undisturbed since its crafting. Human refuse is strewn around the room as if this place has served as a campsite for more than one group of travelers, bandits, or grave robbers.
Four closed doors lead out of the chamber.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-18, 05:47 PM
Seeing the four doors directly, Nosony invokes his Third Eye Sense to temporarily put his perceptions behind each of the four doors, to see what's on the other side. He also takes a moment to reply to the armored elf.

"If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd like to go in with as much information as is feasible - knowing what traces the attackers left might just tell us something useful about the attackers. For instance, a broken arrow might let us know if we need to ready ourselves against poison, based on what's on the arrowhead."

Spot check, if needed:
[roll0]

Active effects that have a notable impact:
Barkskin: +4 Natural Armor to AC for the duration of 100 minutes.
Minor Shapeshift active; selecting temp HP (one per hit die) - lasts five rounds based on the 5th level spell held in reserve, but renewable at will. Assume Nosony simply renews it shortly before it runs out, and that there will be 1d5 rounds left when it becomes important - it's just a swift-action to renew anyway, so doesn't really matter much.

Current plans:
Currently staying in dwarf form, leaving Leatherwing in hiding outside the ruins. Will fetch Leatherwing if the place starts to look big and time-consuming, will Wild Shape if it starts to look annoying.

Faulty
2009-05-18, 05:52 PM
"One thing Drow are known for is sleeping poison, so if you find any of that, don't be surprised. They often use hand crossbows as well, so look out for small bolts." She takes one more sweep to make sure nothing is around (Spot check: [roll0]) and heads towards the door of the building.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 06:46 PM
A large stone sarcophagus rests in the center of this otherwise bare room. Unlike the outer chamber these rooms show no signs of habitation, and dust lies thick on the floor and on the carved lid of the stone coffin. all four look like this

SilentNight
2009-05-18, 07:08 PM
"Strahd," Smoke warns as the group nears the sarcophagus. Nodding, Sting moves to the head of the stone coffin while Smoke stands near the feet. They turn their heads towards the ground and pause. ((Seeing if there's anything inside using blindsight.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 07:10 PM
there is the stone sarcophagus and thats it

Worira
2009-05-18, 07:15 PM
"Hmm, who wants to bet those are either trapped, or contain things that want to kill us? Nosony, that eye of yours should work through the coffins, right? If you want to check for any lurking beasties, I'll see if I can rule out traps. I doubt this body's eyes are keen enough to find any magical traps, though, so if anyone wants to check for magic auras, go ahead."

Lloyd will take twenty on each sarcophagus to search for traps, (for 28 again) assuming they don't contain any undead or magic auras. Does anyone have detect magic or a wand of it? Also, I take it this is the main door? Was there anything in the other buildings?

Jack_Simth
2009-05-18, 07:22 PM
"My extra eye will work just fine, provided the coffins don't have any anti-scrying measures. It's actually pretty easy to foil, when it comes down to it ... but measures for foiling it generally suggest there's a reason for foiling it, which also gives me information on what's ahead. I can also detect magic, but not particularly often. Are you certain you'd like me to use it here?"

While waiting for the answer, Nosony invokes his Third Eye again, placing his perspective inside each of the coffins in turn to see the grisly contents. As his companions appear to be counting on him to be thorough, he also sees about placing his perspective underneath each one, to see if it's solid stone or if they might conceal tunnels.

So... I'm curious... who opened the doors to the undisturbed rooms? Nosony's just scrying on them. A room clearly used by tomb raiders, right next to tombs that are utterly undisturbed, reeks of "trapped doors" to me.

Also: SilentNight: Blindsight requires line of effect. You won't be able to see inside a solid stone coffin, unless there's at least a one-square-foot gap in it.

Also: If you need a list of things that will spoil the effect of the Third Eye for a given local, let me know. There's quite a few spells that will do it, pure Core, and there's an utterly mundane method to boot.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 07:53 PM
If you need a list of things that will spoil the effect of the Third Eye for a given local, let me know. There's quite a few spells that will do it, pure Core, and there's an utterly mundane method to boot.

yeah that would be handy thanks

Worira
2009-05-18, 10:24 PM
"Hmm, I'm not sure we really need to know if these are magically trapped. I think I'll be able to open them from out of range of any traps anyway, and if they are too heavy, I'm not all that attached to this body anyway. They could be trapped to summon monsters when opened, though, or they could act as alarms. Anything inside them of interest?"

Waiting on Trodon's descriptions. Also, I still think we should check out the buildings on the surface.

Trodon
2009-05-18, 10:55 PM
Ok there's nothing in the sarcophagus you search check revels that the lids don't fit squarely, and it looks like the lids have been removed with crowbars before.

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-19, 01:50 AM
"I say we open this and see what's left." Toca walks over to the sarcophagus and heaves the lid off of it. Strength Check if I need it [roll0]

Trodon
2009-05-19, 01:56 AM
you lift the lid up and inside the sarcophagus and there is nothing inside of it besides a very old, dry skeleton there is nothing to take... unless you want the skeleton

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-19, 04:55 AM
After opening the sarcophagus and finding only the skeleton, Toca decides to pick up the skeleton and put it in the bag of holding. He decides it might be useful for something later, and it's good not to let things to go to waste. After that he searches the rooms looking for any signs of secret doors. I'm sure someone's already searched the room but I may as well too [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2009-05-19, 06:34 AM
Nosony briefly rolls his eyes.

"So... are you done desecrating the mortal remains of the dead in a set of tombs that's rumored to be haunted, or do you want to check under the sarcophagi as well?"

Worira
2009-05-19, 10:08 AM
Lloyd looks as thoughtful as a ten-foot tall blue ogre can look.
"Hmm, these look like they've been opened before. Tomb raiders, most likely. That means any traps that were on these have most likely been sprung. And if there's a way into the Underdark from this crypt, chances are it's at the bottom of one of these. I'll try searching them, although I'd appreciate it if someone could try to spot anything I miss."

Lloyd will search the bottom of each sarcophagus, taking 20 each time. If someone uses Aid Another it'll take the total to 30, which is more likely to get any extra-hidden doors. There aren't actually rules for taking 20 with Aid Another, but it should take roughly twice as long as doing it alone. Nosony or Sting would be the best candidates, since they'll also help with traps, but anyone will work. Alternately, I could just kill this body, boosting my total to 36. I think the regeneration might come in handy, though.

Trodon
2009-05-19, 01:54 PM
your search checks find nothing

Jack_Simth
2009-05-19, 06:23 PM
Nosony rubs his forehead slightly as he watches the blue ogre move the sarcophagi out of the way to check underneath them.

"So... do you think we're done here, and ready to check out one of the other areas as the armored elf suggested earlier? Eh, I think I'll opt-out of conversation for a while, and let you guys take the lead for a bit."

With that, Nosony's form bends and twists, turning into a spotted cat the size of a human, which promptly casts a spell on itself.

Also... what makes you think Nosony's good with traps?
Spell cast this post: Greater Magic Fang, +1 All natural weapons version.
1 Wildshape use invoked (of 4 uses per day)

Active Effects on Nosony: Barkskin, Wildshape, Endure Elements
Current form: Leopard.
Stat block (minus stuff that doesn't really change from Base Nosony):
Medium Humanoid
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 19 (+4 Dex, +5 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+5
Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d6+4) and 2 claws +6 melee (1d3+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d3+2
Saves: Fort +9 (+11 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or Poison), Ref +7 (+9 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or Poison), Will +12 (+14 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or poison)
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 19, Con 15

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a leopard must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If a leopard charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +11 melee, damage 1d3+2.

Worira
2009-05-20, 12:22 AM
"Yes, I think checking the other areas would be a wise course of action. These coffins don't seem to lead anywhere, at any rate."
Lloyd thinks for a moment. "We may as well check the other outdoor building first, to be thorough. I doubt it'll lead anywhere, but it's worth a try."

Nosony, being a dwarf, has stonecunning. That means he can aid another in cases of difficult traps set in stone, and also means he has the highest search modifier when dealing with stone aside from Lloyd, at +3.

EDIT: Lloyd will repeat the steps taken in this room in the other building, assuming the contents are the same.

Trodon
2009-05-20, 12:58 AM
Whats the party order? the door is 5' wide

A single,massive, stone door bearing a weathered but still visible family crest marks the entrance to this crumbling mausoleum.

Worira
2009-05-20, 01:14 AM
Nosony didn't see anything when he scryed inside this room, right?
EDIT: And if he didn't, do you mean he saw an empty room, or the attempt at scrying failed?

Trodon
2009-05-20, 01:23 AM
Oh sorry

Two ornately carved stone coffins lie side by side against the wall across from the door. Dust lies thick on the floor, the air is deathly still.

Edit: did you make a spot check with the scrying?

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-20, 05:30 AM
"These coffins give me a bad feeling, I think there is something going on here. The only way to see what's in them is to open them though, who's up for it?" Toca stands a ways away from the coffins, and has his weapon resting beside him, within arms reach.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-20, 06:49 AM
The cat that is Nosony just flashes Toca a big, toothy grin, pads over to the coffins, and pushes over the one on the left.

Edit: did you make a spot check with the scrying?

Spot and Listen checks are reactionary on first viewing, move action to retry. When scrying (and thus in normal form, like when I mentioned that he'd look behind everything), Nosony's spot modifier is +20. Here...
[roll0]

I'm not overly worried about march order, myself. Sure, I'll be in front. And... reactive Search check for going within five feet of a bit of "unusual stonework":
[roll1]

Trodon
2009-05-20, 01:06 PM
ok sorry but i have to backtrack a bit, i just woke up, while you were scrying you see some dirt near one of the coffins, the door is plastered shut right now and once again sorry for having to backtrack and who's in front?

Trodon
2009-05-20, 03:00 PM
ok the door is plastered shut you will need to break it open

Faulty
2009-05-20, 08:05 PM
Mayurra walks up to the plastered shut door. She lets out a "hrm" before unlocking her sword from its gauntlet, sheating it and then, with a grunt, giving the door a good hard kick.

Strength check:

[roll0]

Trodon
2009-05-20, 08:22 PM
nope it doesn't break open yet

Faulty
2009-05-20, 08:26 PM
Mayurra gives it another few kicks, trying to bash it down.

Strength checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Trodon
2009-05-20, 08:29 PM
nope its still not broken yet do you want to take a 20?

Jack_Simth
2009-05-20, 08:31 PM
The oversized cat looks on in amusement as the warrior-woman bashes the door repeatedly, to no effect. The cat then shrugs, and starts systemically clawing away at the plaster keeping the door in place, slipping retractable claws in the crevices to dig the plaster out of the way, so the door can be opened normally.

I can roll damage if you want, but this is something Nosony could do quite mundanely for as long as is needed. And Nosony's claws are magical for the next ten hours, so...

Medium Humanoid
Saves: Fort +9 (+11 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or Poison), Ref +7 (+9 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or Poison), Will +12 (+14 vs. Spells, Spell-like, or poison)

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a leopard must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If a leopard charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Trodon
2009-05-20, 08:41 PM
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/D2-1.jpg

ok sorry for the crappy quality i'm doing all of this in paint :smalltongue: ok all of the colors are the colors that your characters text is in there are 2 diferent greys for smoke and sting i dont care which is which and Nosony's pet is on the far right Nosony is in front of the door the Gold/Yellow ones are vampires roll Initiative

Edit um... crap its not working for me can anyone see it?

Edit2 nvm i got it

Jack_Simth
2009-05-20, 08:52 PM
The buffed cat reacts with cat-like reflexes to the prospect of the upcoming fight.

[roll0]

SilentNight
2009-05-20, 08:55 PM
As the door opens, Smoke and Sting suddenly tense up as they detect the inhabitants. Sting clicks the tips of his daggers together and Smoke pulls his walking stick close.

Initiative (Smoke):[roll0]
Initiative (Sting):[roll1]

Faulty
2009-05-20, 10:06 PM
You can take 20s on ability checks? >_>

Mayurra's hand shoots for her sword with the coming of danger.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Determining starting maneuvers:

1) Crusader's Strike
2) Stone Bones
3) Foehammer
4) Stone Vise
5) Revitalizing Strike
6) Bonecrusher

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Alright, Crusader's Strike and Stone Bones it is.

Trodon
2009-05-20, 10:09 PM
You can take 20s on ability checks? >_>

if there's no consequence then i think so

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-20, 10:54 PM
Toca prepares to charge the undead abominations, but waits to see what his party does next. Initiative [roll0] I also ready an action to charge at the vampire if I can get a clear shot, and if not I move to the door so I will be able to charge them next round.

Worira
2009-05-20, 10:57 PM
Lloyd raises his massive hands, preparing to let loose his telekinetic energy.

initiative: [roll0]

Trodon
2009-05-20, 11:20 PM
ok INI is:
??:28
Nosony:23
Smoke and Sting:18
Mayurra:17
Vamps:16
Toca:15
Lloyd:7

First round of combat: A Lightning Bolt flies from near one of the coffins Nosony And eather Smoke or Sting whoever is right behind him make a Ref save DC:19 for half damage [roll0]

SilentNight
2009-05-21, 12:11 AM
As the flash of lightning passes, Smoke and Sting wordlessly rush past their companions, leaving a gust of wind and the shriek of steel as Smoke draws a long, elegant sword from his walking stick. Once they enter the room, Sting makes a beeline for the vampire on the left, leading with his dagger, while Smoke turns towards the wall. Just when it seems he will hit the barrier, he lifts a foot and continues to run up the wall. As he reaches the ceiling (I assume it's around 10ft.) he turns and pushes off, spinning in the air launching himself in a downward chop onto the same vampire.

Reflex save (Sting, evasion gives no damage on a save):[roll0]
Sting
Attack:[roll1]
Crit confirmation:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Smoke, Utilizing the Battle Jump Feat, attack is treated as a charge and deals double damage. Using power attack to subtract 3 from attacks and +6 to damage (two handed weapon)
Attack:[roll4]
Crit confirmation:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6] (X2)

Trodon
2009-05-21, 12:23 AM
As the flash of lightning passes, Smoke and Sting wordlessly rush past their companions, leaving a gust of wind and the shriek of steel as Smoke draws a long, elegant sword from his walking stick. Once they enter the room, Sting makes a beeline for the vampire on the left, leading with his dagger, while Smoke turns towards the wall. Just when it seems he will hit the barrier, he lifts a foot and continues to run up the wall. As he reaches the ceiling (I assume it's around 10ft.) he turns and pushes off, spinning in the air launching himself in a downward chop onto the same vampire.

Reflex save (Sting, evasion gives no damage on a save):[roll0]
Sting
Attack:[roll1]
Crit confirmation:[roll2]
Smoke, Utilizing the Battle Jump Feat, attack is treated as a charge and deals double damage. Using power attack to subtract 3 from attacks and +6 to damage (two handed weapon)
Attack:[roll4]
Crit confirmation:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6] (X2)

um... badass but its Nosony's turn
left from your point of view or from the pics?

Jack_Simth
2009-05-21, 06:54 AM
The cat's form wavers slightly after the blast it can't avoid, with some of the wounds holding themselves closed. The cat jumps back from the actual entrance, sitting, ready, to Dispel the next spell the vampires cast.

Actions this post:
Move: Move straight back to allow others to get to the entrance, ending up in the sunlight.
Swift: Renew temp HP from Minor Shapeshift
Standard: Ready an action to Dispel the next spell coming from the Vampires. Dispel check for if it comes up: [roll0]
Reflex Save: [roll1] (includes +2 racial for a spell or spell-like ability)
Failed Reflex. Took 31 damage. 10 temp, 21 real. Renewed temp HP. HP after this post: 67+10 temp HP (net 77)

um... badass but its Nosony's turn
left from your point of view or from the pics?
Suggestion: As we've got several people to go through. Simply take the actions as they're posted, and put them in initiative order when you go through all the turns to make the update. That way a turn takes the same time it takes for the slowest poster to post, rather than the sum of the time it takes for every individual to post.

Medium Humanoid

SilentNight
2009-05-21, 08:39 AM
Left from their point of view

Trodon
2009-05-21, 04:29 PM
ok here's the new map http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/D22.jpg

Faulty
2009-05-21, 05:08 PM
When it's my turn...

Mayurra moves up to the other vampire, drawing her sword as she goes. She falls into a crouched stance and stares down the vampire with a snarl, focusing all her attention on his actions. She lifts her sword above her head and brings it down on the vampire forcefully. As it nears impact, she prepares to draw on the power of the blow to fortify her defenses.

Use move action to move in front of the other vampire, drawing my sword as I go. I shift into the Iron Guard's Glare stance as a swift action so that all opponents I threaten take a -4 to attack rolls against my allies. I initiate the Stone Bones maneuver as a standard action, and use my Power Attack feat along with it.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
If it crits (on a 17 to 20), crit confirmation roll: [roll2]
If it crits, crit damage roll: [roll3]

If the attack hits, I gain DR 5/adamantine for 1 round. If they have DR/good, law, chaos or evil, the sure striking enchantment lets me over come it.

New granted maneuver:

1) Foehammer
2) Stone Vise
3) Revitalizing Strike
4) Bonecrusher

[roll4]

OK, I have Foehammer now.

Trodon
2009-05-22, 03:53 PM
ok the vamp that smoke and sting attacked is dead and the other one is still up
Vamp's turn: its going to attack Mayurra
Attack: 1d20+5
Crit conformation if need be: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (X2)
if he hits you make a fort save

Trodon
2009-05-22, 03:54 PM
um... weird i need to roll that attack again [roll0]

Trodon
2009-05-22, 07:03 PM
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/D22-1.jpg

Worira
2009-05-22, 11:37 PM
Wrapping tendrils of telekinetic force around the remaining vampire, Lloyd yanks him towards the light.

Violent Thrust telekinesis, DC 23 will save or be thrown 130 feet into the sunlight.

Trodon
2009-05-22, 11:40 PM
[roll0] well yeah ...............

Trodon
2009-05-23, 10:43 PM
umm are you all waiting for me? It's Toca's turn

Dumbledore lives
2009-05-24, 04:35 AM
Sorry, Team Fortress was free and i've kind of been obsessed with it.

Toca charges toward the remaining undead beast as it hisses at the sunlight. When he is ten feet away from the vampire he leaps into the air and brings his sword down onto the vampire.

Charge towards the vampire, though if it is actually 130 feet away I'm not going to make it, though assuming I can reach him and the jump is successful, I power attack for -8 to hit and +32 to damage. I also knock him back with a bull rush. rolls
Jump [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Bull Rush [roll3]

Trodon
2009-05-24, 12:03 PM
alright its dead
round 2 of combat: a lightning bolt fires at sting
but Nosony's dispel magic stops it thats it for the creture

Trodon
2009-05-29, 10:56 AM
hey everyone sorry it took forever but here it is

Nosony will cast detect magic, then the air above the coffin on the left (pics view) glows a bright orange/gold color in the shape of a humanoid (pic will be up in a sec)

Trodon
2009-05-29, 11:04 AM
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/map4-1.jpg

Jack_Simth
2009-06-01, 06:46 AM
The cat that is nosony bares his teeth in a fereal grin as he feels the lightning die stillborn, and as he immediately starts concentrating to discover the location of the caster...

Detect Magic sounds good. Let me know when I've got a location - the turn after, it'll be hit with violet Faerie Fire (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/faerieFire.htm)

Trodon
2009-06-01, 12:05 PM
Nosony will cast detect magic, then the air above the coffin on the left (pics view) glows a bright orange/gold color in the shape of a humanoid (pic will be up in a sec)

already done

SilentNight
2009-06-02, 10:41 PM
Turning their heads in unison, Smoke and Sting zero in on the location from whence the lightning bolt came. Smoke again takes to the wall, running and coming down with his sword on seemingly empty air. (Heading left from our point of view), while Sting darts forward catlike, stabbing at the same place.

Attack(Smoke, powerattacking for -3/+6):[roll0]
Crit confirmation:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Attack:[roll3]
Crit confirmation:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]
Sneak attack damage if it can be flanked:[roll6]

Jack_Simth
2009-06-02, 11:07 PM
The cat that is Nosony growls triumphantly as it drops a spell on the hidden vampire, turning it a bright violet... and unfortunately catching Sting in the area.

Standard: Cast Faerie Fire on the invisible vampire.
Swift: Renew Minor Shapeshift's temp HP.

Dumbledore lives
2009-06-04, 12:46 AM
Toca walks over to the door where everyone is standing. He shouts "Look's like we finished them lads, we should look around for sign of any more of them.

Walk in front of the door to the crypt, he can't see the vampire so even if it's not dead, he believes it is.

Worira
2009-06-07, 01:30 AM
Lloyd, seeing the empty space flanked by Smoke and Sting, raises his hands, preparing to crush the unseen foe in a vice of telekinetic energy once he can see it more clearly.

Delaying until after Nosony.

Trodon
2009-06-07, 02:51 PM
Alright the other vamp's turn

The vampire screeches out to the door in a language that none of you understand (standard action) then he starts to walk up the wall(10ft up the wall smoke,sting, and Lloyd can make an attack of opportunity

Worira
2009-06-08, 02:31 AM
OK, I'm rolling for Smoke and Sting's AoO's as well as Lloyd's combat telekinetic grapple to speed things up. Hopefully, Icewalker and SilentNight won't mind, seeing as AoOs are pretty routine. The AoOs happen first, followed by the grapple if the vampire's still alive afterwards. Not putting in any fluff at the moment, since Smoke and Sting aren't my characters and the grapple might not actually happen.

Attack(Smoke, powerattacking for -3/+6):[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Attack:[roll2](Sting)

Grapple check: [roll4]

SilentNight
2009-06-08, 08:44 AM
Not a problem. One thing though. The values for Smoke's attack and damage rolls in my earlier post are from him battle jumping, meaning he had a +3 to attack and did double damage. Here's the normal values.

Attack:(Still Power attacking):[roll0]
Crit confirmation:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Trodon
2009-06-08, 05:34 PM
alright you pretty much chopped his head off good job now to find the exp tables

Jack_Simth
2009-06-08, 05:51 PM
The battle seemingly done, Nosony resumes his dwarvish form.

"Well now, seems those two vamps had their work cut out for them, eh? Who's best at looking around for what treasure they may have horded?"

Handy XP calculator (http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20encountercalculator.htm)

Worira
2009-06-08, 08:14 PM
With a sigh, Lloyd moves to search the room.''That would be me, I suppose. Have I mentioned how dull this body's senses are yet?"

Taking 20 on the bottoms of the coffins for 28, 10 on the vampires for 28 and 18, respectively.

Jack_Simth
2009-06-08, 08:38 PM
"Well, if it bothers you that much, I suppose we could pound you into the ground and kill your current form. It's not like it's your own, after all, and it's not like it didn't try to kill us first. Besides, we'll likely need to do so eventually anyway, simply because you'll want to switch out sooner or later."

Worira
2009-06-09, 01:11 AM
"Ehh... I'm not too attached to this body, but it could come in handy with the whole regeneration thing. Anyone been keeping track of time? Unless we need some walls walked through, I'm planning to keep this body as long as I can maintain control, then you can cut the head off. Cutting the head off works with these guys, right?"

Trodon
2009-06-09, 04:42 PM
alright everyone i haven't found a replacement for Amesoeurs yet :frown: so none of your search checks find anything the treasure on one of the vampire spawn you find 600gp, and a potion of owl's wisdom and the other vampire spawn you find 33,000sp, and a potion of cure light wounds, and on the spellcaster vampire you find 1,800gp, an onyx worth 40gp,a blue quartz worth 100gp,a black pearl worth 600gp,a blood stone worth 30gp,a blue diamond worth 5,000gp,a viloet garnet worth 700gp,a moon stone worth50gp,a jasper worth 800go, and an arcane scroll of magic circle against good,greater invisibility, and summon monster 5 all from a 9th level caster you each get 626 exp pls correct me if i'm wrong

Jack_Simth
2009-06-09, 05:16 PM
"Well, Lloyd, if it doesn't work when the time comes, you'll be the first to find out, no? And if it doesn't work, we can always try drowning, or burning."

Nosony looks over the treasure.
"So... everyone okay with my simply loading up Leatherwing for now, and us moving on, divying it up later? There's not really anything in there of immediate use, and we do have more pressing concerns."

SilentNight
2009-06-09, 07:17 PM
Smoke and Sting stand by, towards the back of the circle. Sting c*cks his head in a slightly quizzical manner. The brothers resheathe their weapons and Smoke kneels to pick up one of the stones. Seemingly by weight alone he learns its value. "Mine oyster," he says and Sting nods in understanding. "Good plan," Smoke says to Nosony's suggestion.

Worira
2009-06-09, 07:48 PM
"Yeah, sure. Doesn't look like there's anything that we'll need to use on short notice, in any case. Shall we get moving to the main hall, then?"

Jack_Simth
2009-06-10, 05:38 AM
Hearing no objection, and two assents, Nosony loads the treasure up into Leatherwing's pack saddle, and then asks her to follow discretely.

"And let's see what's next, shall we?"

Nosony takes a moment to activate his Third Eye Sense and scry around inside the next few possible target areas, to see what's there.

Trodon
2009-06-11, 09:20 PM
A 10 foot wide hallway of stone runs back into the hillside as far as you can see. Right in front of you, five dead drow, two female and three male lie in the mouth of the tunnel. They have been striped of arms and armor but each still wears a black tabard emblazoned with a silver spiderweb insignia.

(sorry it took forever to post)

Jack_Simth
2009-06-11, 09:30 PM
Nosony frowns slightly.

"Well now, that's odd. My scrying shows what looks like five bodies in the next likely area, already looted. Does that seem off to anyone else?"

As Nosony says this, he carefully examines the area around the scrying sensor.

Spot: [roll0]

Worira
2009-06-11, 09:34 PM
The possessed ogre blinks.

"That's... strange. Are they human or drow? Any visible cause of death? If it was some sort of trap, I'd rather not walk into it. Well, actually, I wouldn't mind too much, but the others might want to avoid it."

Jack_Simth
2009-06-11, 09:47 PM
"Well, there's a ten-foot wide hallway that continues beyond where I can easily see; five dead dark-skinned elves, two female, three male, right up at the beginning of the tunnel. They appear to have been looted - no arms, no armor. They do have a tabbard, though - black, with a silver spider web insignia. Anyone recognize the description?"

"And you make a very valid point; you should probably take point from here on out, eh?"

Worira
2009-06-12, 10:44 PM
The ogre nods. "Yes, indeed. No sense anyone losing anything that won't grow back. Well, I suppose I may as well check out the bodies."

Lloyd heads inside and examines the bodies closely, trying to find anything they had with them, and any clues as to the cause of death.

Trodon
2009-06-14, 01:38 AM
alright 3 of the drow have been killed by small crossbow quarrels still lodged in the bodies the other 2 have been killed by blunt weapons

Jack_Simth
2009-06-15, 04:40 PM
Nosony follows the possessed ogre, letting it take point, and having Leatherwing follow at a short distance. Nosony, currently in dwarven form, takes the time to spin his perceptions a long distance down the hallway, to see what's coming.

Worira
2009-06-15, 07:05 PM
Lloyd carefully extracts one of the quarrels from the fallen drow, and shows it around to the others.

"Looks like two of them took blows to the head with some sort of club, but three were felled by these. Anyone recognize the make? They seem a bit small for a crossbow bolt, almost like they were used by a gnome or a halfling."

Yes, I know they're hand crossbow bolts, but Lloyd doesn't.

SilentNight
2009-06-16, 10:35 AM
Sting holds out his hand to receive the bolt. Fiddling with it for a moment, he gets a wicked grin. "Pocket poison brother," he says and Smoke turns to explain. "Pocket crossbow bolt, easy to carry, lots like to poison them, careful. Do any of you have a means to find toxins?"

Worira
2009-06-16, 11:28 PM
"Hmm, can't say as I do. Nosony, do you have any way of checking if the bolts are poisoned?"

Jack_Simth
2009-06-17, 05:46 AM
"Not today, no, although I do have one spell prepared that will mitigate poison to an extent, I do not currently have anything that will fix poisons completely, nor do I have anything readied that will detect poison, nor do I have anything readied that will stop poison outright."

Worira
2009-06-17, 02:20 PM
"Well, either they were poisoned or they weren't. Shall we move on, or shall we do something about these corpses?"

Trodon
2009-06-17, 06:15 PM
(hey sorry fore being so lat with the map i lost all of the pics :smallfurious: i finally got more0 http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/D3.jpg

Jack_Simth
2009-06-17, 06:47 PM
"Moving along sounds fine. First though..."

Nosony takes a moment to concentrate on his Third Eye, first placing his perspective first at the end of the hallway, to look around the corner, and then placing his perspective on the other side of the door halfway down the hall, to see what is to be seen in both locations.

Spot: [roll0], if it's needed.

Trodon
2009-06-17, 10:16 PM
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/Hall1.jpg
this is around the corner

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/d4.jpg
other side of the door

Jack_Simth
2009-06-19, 07:23 PM
After a moment of concentrating, Nosony nods

"Looks clear so far, both through the door in the hallway and around the bend."

Worira
2009-06-20, 12:41 AM
"All right. I suggest we check the room just to be thourough, though."

Trodon
2009-06-25, 09:12 AM
Sorry for being late everyone my internet was screwing up the past few days

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/D42.jpg

Jack_Simth
2009-06-25, 05:09 PM
Nosony takes a moment to look over any unusual stonework associated with the area.

Search check, if needed: [roll0]
Do note that technically this check is automatic whenever nosony passes within ten feet of any "unusual stonework" - which includes traps built into stone.

Trodon
2009-06-25, 08:21 PM
Nosony takes a moment to look over any unusual stonework associated with the area.

Search check, if needed: [roll0]
Do note that technically this check is automatic whenever nosony passes within ten feet of any "unusual stonework" - which includes traps built into stone.

nope nothing

Worira
2009-06-25, 09:44 PM
Lloyd takes a look around at the same time as Nosony.

Taking 20 for 28.

Trodon
2009-06-26, 10:35 AM
Lloyd takes a look around at the same time as Nosony.

Taking 20 for 28.

no there is nothing

Worira
2009-06-26, 11:31 AM
Lloyd finishes his examination of the room and looks up.

"Looks like this room is clear. Let's move on."

Jack_Simth
2009-06-26, 04:26 PM
Nosony nods

"Hallway it is, then."

Trodon
2009-07-05, 12:24 PM
(sorry for the really late post everyone my computer has been sucky the last week i'll try to get if fixed soon)

Ok there's a door about 10ft from the turn on the left, there is another door about 35ft on the right the hallway ends in stairs leading down.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-05, 01:20 PM
Nosony continues along, following the right wall, using his Third Eye Sense to check around each corner and on the other side of each door, proceeding until he finds something interesting, or until a trap zaps the party.

Trodon
2009-07-05, 10:13 PM
(spoilered because of size)

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/trodon13/100_0283.jpg

The star in D6 is a statue.

Worira
2009-07-05, 10:30 PM
Lloyd looks amused when Nosony relays the contents of the room beyond.

"A statue? Who of? Also, 10 gold pieces on it coming alive and attacking us."

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 06:34 AM
"Heh, no bet. You want more detail? Open the door, take a look for yourself. Here; I'll get ready, you open the door...."

With that, Nosony takes on the form of a leopard, to be ready to Pounce on a moment's notice.

Medium Humanoid

Note: This makes the 2nd use of Wildshape today (of four)

Trodon
2009-07-08, 04:16 PM
The vault's most prominent feature is a large stone statue of a regal-looking woman dressed in a long, elegant gown. Her pose is commanding, and her presence is imposing even in stone as she stares imperiously toward the door. Two doors behind her and two doors flanking her lead out from this antechamber.

(sorry it took so long i was waiting to see if anyone was going to prepare for the door opening) And whoever is opening the door make a Fort save.

Worira
2009-07-08, 07:33 PM
Lloyd carefully looks the door over, checking it for traps.

taking 20 for 28.

Trodon
2009-07-09, 03:26 PM
No you don't find anything.

Worira
2009-07-10, 12:37 AM
Lloyd waves the others away from the door, then cautiously opens it.

Trodon
2009-07-10, 01:41 AM
ok now make a fort save

Worira
2009-07-15, 02:27 AM
Lloyd staggers slightly on his way through the door, then turns to face the others.

"No one come through the door! I think there's a trap on it I missed. It could be used up now, but I can't be sure. Unless we have some way of testing it, we need to be cautious."

Trodon
2009-07-15, 03:47 AM
ooc: I found my book yay.

Once the door opens you see 3 people fighting the statue that you saw with your third eye. (I'll let them describe there characters because I'm not very good at it.)

Edit: Updated the OP in the ooc thread with the new character sheets. And roll INI.

The Beholden
2009-07-15, 04:05 PM
Standing away from the melee is a pale skinned elf. In what little light there is the Moon Elf gleams in what looks like roadworn mithral chain, and a cloak that slips from your attention if you don't focus on it. Bow in hand he stands determined pumping arrow after arrow into the moving stonework, stoic expression ever pressent. Careful inspection told the observer that the arrows being fired were not regular arrows but instead had black shafts and red fletching...

Intiative: [roll0]

OOC: Would stone statue be affected by a Rock to Mud spell? or do I need to make the knowledge checks?

Lorien077
2009-07-15, 04:23 PM
Skulking in the corner is a rather disappointed looking female drow. She seems unimpressed with the statue, as well as the elf she is sort of hiding behind. Her hair is long and uncut in waves, and her clothing a bit erratic but covering. She looks at the statue and ponders.

(I rolled for init in the OOC thread, and got a 14. Which knowledge can I roll for this statue?)

Trodon
2009-07-15, 05:24 PM
INI is as follows:
The Beholden:19
Jack_Simth:18
Lorien077:14
Worira:12
Statue:5
deathstroke50:??
DJDizzy:??

We have 6 players because there was no tank character deathstroke50 is making the tank.

No knowledge checks are needed.

Lorien077
2009-07-15, 05:35 PM
(Should I be posting this in the OOC thread?)

Well then would you be so kind as to tell me what sort of animated construct this is, and what Persephone would know about it? If its say, immune to fire for one reason or another that's kind of important.

Trodon
2009-07-15, 05:35 PM
It's a stone statue of a woman.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-15, 05:36 PM
Making a snap judgment based on faint intuition, the jungle cat that is Nosony ignores the living in the room, instead targeting the statue for some pain, letting out a feral roar as he goes.

Swift: Minor Shapeshift, temp HP 10
Full-round: Charge statue, and Pounce on it
Bite: [roll0] for [roll1]
Claw: [roll2] for [roll3]
Claw: [roll4] for [roll5]
Rake: [roll6] for [roll7]
Rake: [roll8] for [roll9]

This Round:
AC 17, HP: 10 Temp HP, 88/88 real HP

Active Effects on Nosony: Barkskin, Wildshape, Endure Elements, Minor Shapeshift (10 Temp HP)
-2 AC from Charging (and +2 attack - not included in stat block below)

Medium Humanoid
Armor Class: 19 (+4 Dex, +5 natural, -2 Charge), touch 14, flat-footed 15

Lorien077
2009-07-15, 05:57 PM
Persephone is rather surprised to see the jungle cat spring into the room.

Whoa! Erm.... niiice kitty. >_>

And with that her eyes glow and she directs some psionic fire towards the rampaging statue.

Persephone is manifesting Energy Missile, with fire selected as the energy type. If the statue is already down I will need to change her actions. The statue will need to make a reflex save DC 23 for half damage. She is using a full ten power points in this attack, so the damage is [roll0].

Note for the DM: Energy Missile has been been errata-ed to have the save DC increase by one for every extra 2 power points spent. The SRD is incorrect with the 1 for 1 cost.

Trodon
2009-07-15, 07:48 PM
Ref: [roll0]

Edit:a 2... wow

Trodon
2009-07-15, 07:52 PM
After Nosony charges and claws the statue, and Persephone's Energy blasts, the statue crumbles to dust. a second later the ghost of the woman that the statue resembled manifests.

Everyone make a Fort save.

deathstroke50
2009-07-15, 08:43 PM
Garth stirs to life, finally deciding to enter the fray. A fight's a fight, and that ghostly figure doesn't look to nice.

[roll0]
[roll1], +2 more if it's evil

Worira
2009-07-15, 09:14 PM
A ten foot tall, light green ogre strides confidently into the room, raising an enormous sword. With one mighty swing of his blade, he slashes his head clear off his shoulders.

Trodon
2009-07-15, 09:24 PM
If you got lower than 18 you take:
[roll0] Str Drain
[roll1] Dex Drain
and [roll2] Con Drain

Edit: It's not a Spell, spell like ability, poison or evil.

deathstroke50
2009-07-15, 09:42 PM
Garth draws his axe and looks around confused. "Did that ogre-thing just kill itself? Please tell me what's going on Persephone so that I know what to swing at."

Lorien077
2009-07-15, 10:24 PM
Persephone stops gawking at the suicidal ogre.

Well this has finally gotten interesting. I'd suggest worrying about the ghost,its the only one to have made hostile actions thus far... speaking of which...

Persephone will back off, and peak outside the door to check for further possible threats. (If she can use her move action. If not this waits till next turn)

The Beholden
2009-07-15, 10:31 PM
These damndable drow are popping up like bad weeds...

As the stone statue crumbles Raven turns and draws string to cheek with arrow nocked... When a sudden draft fills the room.

Fort save: [roll0]

Seeing the ghostly figure appear he turns his aim thither (Is that even a word?). It didn't seem to be attacking but one can't be to careful.

Ho! Parley is always an option in the underdark...

Aside from drow of course..

deathstroke50
2009-07-15, 10:50 PM
Posting Garth's character description.

Standing at a stocky 4'5", this... humanoid stands plated in steel from head to toe. Wisps of auburn hair seem to stubbornly poke out from beneath the helmet, suggesting a full beard. Definitely dwarven in stature, but further details seems to be hidden away under the metal helm. In one hand, a gleaming crystal dwarven waraxe, and in the other a polished large steel shield. His stance suggests an experience in battle, but his tactics remain indeterminable.

DJDizzy
2009-07-16, 02:04 AM
((OOC: Description of jericho: A young human, standing about 190 cm high with dark hair and 2 twin tattoos of a dragon on his chest, his gaze looking distant as if focused on something else.))

init roll

[roll0]

Trodon
2009-07-17, 11:17 AM
INI is as follows:
The Beholden:19
Jack_Simth:18
DJDizzy:16
Lorien077:14
Worira:12
deathstroke50:7
Ghost:5

The Beholden
2009-07-17, 04:39 PM
Relaxing his grip on his bow, Raven finds his center. Lowing his bow to his side, he raises his right arm which is now holding the previously nocked arrow. Pinching the shaft with his thumb to his palm he raises his hand so his palm is aiming at the challenging ghost.

Abomonation go easy into thy long goodnight, May Shevarash's sacrifice shield you.

As he speaks, golden light encircles Raven's palm and arrow. This light condences into a ball that the Moon Elf Cleric could enclose his hand on and then leaps toward the undead in a cascade of golden fire.

Cast Searing Light
To hit: [roll0]
Damage if successfull: [roll1]
If ghost is vunerable to bright light, use this damage instead: [roll2]

Trodon
2009-07-18, 11:31 PM
ooc: Sorry I didn't get on earlier everyone my cousin was on my computer all damn day.

The searing light hits the ghost right in the gut, the ghost shrieks in agony flailing about after the attack she looks at the caster with hatred in her eyes.

(Waiting until DJDizzy takes his turn.)

DJDizzy
2009-07-19, 01:11 AM
Concentrating his mind, eyes glowing. Jericho unleashes a deadly blast directly into the attacker.

Maximised Mind Thrust, spending 5 extra PP on it, 60 damage, will save DC 18 negates

deathstroke50
2009-07-19, 01:50 AM
Garth sighs heavily
You know, just because we disturbed an angry spirit from its rest doesn't mean we should then respond with killing it. Did we even try communicating with the dead girl first? Nooooo. I'll let you crush the thing, hopefully when in comes back in a few days its not feeling particularly vengeful.

And continues to keep a careful eye on Persephone. Who knows what trouble she'll wander into.

As mentioned in the OOC Thread, Axe Drawn and Readied vs anything trying to hurt Persephone.

Trodon
2009-07-21, 05:40 PM
After the mind blast the ghost laughs then looks at Lloyd gazing into his eyes.

Make a fort save.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-21, 07:41 PM
Seeing the beat down it's gaze is laying on Nosony and those around, the jungle cat growls as he concentrates to defensively cast a spell of healing on the unnatural undead apparition.

Standard Action:
Casting Defensively: Cure Serious Wounds
Concentration check (DC 15+Spell Level, or in this case, 19): [roll0]
Touch Attack: [roll1]
Positive Energy Damage: [roll2] (Will DC 19 half)
Note: Positive Energy attacks don't suffer from the miss chance associated with incorporeality, and the spell is kept

Swift Action: Renew Minor Shapeshift's Temp HP

This Round:
AC 19, HP: 10 Temp HP, 88/88 real HP

Active Effects on Nosony: Barkskin, Wildshape, Endure Elements, Minor Shapeshift (10 Temp HP)
Drain: 4 Str, 1 Dex, 1 Con

Medium Humanoid
Armor Class: 19 (+4 Dex, +5 natural, -2 Charge), touch 14, flat-footed 15
Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d6+2)
Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d6+2) and 2 claws +4 melee (1d3+0)
Special Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d3+0
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +9 melee, damage 1d3+0.

Worira
2009-07-21, 07:45 PM
The ghost of a finely-dressed male human fades into view above the corpse of the ogre mage. "So, is there any particular reason you're trying to kill us?" He asks. "I mean, the whole 'doomed to walk this world for eternity without rest or respite' thing is a bit of a downer at first, but then you realize that you don't actually get tired. Or is it the 'everyone you've ever loved dying before you' bit? You just need to hang out with more elves for that one."

Fort save: [roll0]
I'm pretty sure I'm immune, though.

deathstroke50
2009-07-21, 10:30 PM
Garth smiles appreciatively at the translucent fellow.
Somehow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the reasonable one here is already dead. I agree mysterious human fellow, let us try and discuss things with the ghost, perhaps we can help her pass on, or at least not be so angry. It is nice to meet you both ghostly fellows, I am Garth. What are your names?

Lorien077
2009-07-21, 10:48 PM
Persephone nods at the statement of the second ghost.
He's right you know. Is there something holding you to this place? We could take care of it or help you if you want.

Readied action: blast ghost with energy missile fire if it tries to do anything hostile. Especially if targeting herself or Garth.

Trodon
2009-07-22, 02:43 PM
ooc:Sorry it took forever my internet has been down.

Unless your immune to damage take [roll0]

That would be all for the ghost.

Edit: The ghost died from the spell that Nosony cast you still take the damage Lloyd.

The Beholden
2009-07-22, 04:40 PM
Staring at where the ghost just vanished in silent screams Raven's face it that of ever stone resolve but otherwise an emotionless mask. Not taking his eyes away from the spot he speaks.

For the best. No good can come of bargining with the dead, demons or drow.

His monotone voice carries easily through the tomb. One might guess at stage training, but then again, one would have to be theatricly trained or possess no soul to forever be without joy. Turning to his newly aquired companions, he continues in the same dead voice.

I believe pleasentires are in order. I am Raven of Neverwinter, Dhaeraowathila or rather, Dark Avenger of Shevarash.

Presently Raven makes deems to not acknowledge the drow's presence. Suspending the creatures Origonal Sin out of courtacy for helping in the fight.

Worira
2009-07-22, 05:44 PM
The male ghost bows deeply towards Raven. "Pleased to make your aquaintance. I am Lloyd, and, incidentally, dead. This lass over here is, as far as I can tell, drow. I don't believe we have any demons present, however," he says in a deadpan tone. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a squirrel. I'll be back presently." With that, he floats up through the roof.

OoC: Looking for a small animal to drain the life from.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-22, 06:23 PM
The jungle cat nods at each in turn, and uses a claw to scratch out several letters in Common: N O S O N Y. The cat then points at itself.

Lorien077
2009-07-23, 02:20 PM
That's riiight. (she's clearly affirming the ghost's statement)
But no need to be unpleasent about it, I'm a nice drow. She grins.
Anyway my name is Persephone and my metal encased friend here is Garth.

deathstroke50
2009-07-23, 09:24 PM
Garth removes his helmet, revealing short, matted hair and a youthful dwarven face, partially obscured by a rather bushy beard mostly tucked tightly under his armor. He smiles warmly and looks around.
Now that we're all acquainted, if someone could tell me what's going on, why we're assaulting statues, and where, exactly, we are, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't mean to be rude about it, but popping up in a strange and unknown place makes me nervous.

DJDizzy
2009-07-24, 01:45 PM
Jericho pulls his hood back, showing a face that looks like it has seen horrors worse than you can imagine

"Names Jericho" He says simply.

Lorien077
2009-07-24, 04:26 PM
Well nice to meet you as well Jericho. So you're also a psion eh? Its been a while since I met another. Why so grim?

She peers at Jericho inquisitively.

DJDizzy
2009-07-25, 03:23 AM
"I dont trust you, and you shouldn't trust me so easily either" he replies.

Lorien077
2009-07-25, 04:07 AM
O_o Is everyone around here a grump? Seriously, what's got you in a twist?

The Beholden
2009-07-25, 11:46 AM
Glaring ominously, Raven speaks frankly though it isn't a real suprise what he says.

Drow.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-25, 12:38 PM
The jungle cat looks around, seeming slightly woozy.

deathstroke50
2009-07-25, 01:25 PM
Garth glares at Jericho and Raven and readies his shield, taking a defensive position in front of Persephone.
I don't care for the hostilities that are running around here. I suggest that we not worry so much about paranoia and race among ourselves and focus on potential threats from outside this small group. If we have any issues we should address them immediately, rather than let them fester among us. I know both Persephone and I have no quarrel with either of you, so state your problems and we will work from there.

Lorien077
2009-07-25, 03:31 PM
Persephone decides to ignore the two more hostile party members for now, and looks over to the large feline.
Hey ah Nosony? You okay? Umm..... here kitty kitty?
She tentatively reaches out a hand to the cat.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-25, 10:55 PM
Nosony reaches out with a paw, to take Persephone's hand as he morphs back into his "natural" form, that of a particularly short, stout dwarf, with blue eyes and blond hair. The dwarf wears an Explorer's outfit of sturdy brown leather boots, brown leather breeches, a brown leather belt, a brown shirt with a brown jacket, brown leather gloves, and a brown cloak. All the garments are festooned with pockets, so it's fairly easy to miss the two spell components pouches, although it is not hard to miss that he also carries two holly and mistletoe's on him. He stands, and leans against the wall.

"I'm feeling a bit weak; that beast's gaze seems to have taken a lot out of me... although I think I might have done better in the encounter than the ghost did. Still, I'll need some curative work done before I can continue effectively, and unfortunately I don't think the curatives I have available will cut it."

Lorien077
2009-07-25, 11:57 PM
Heh, well nice to meet you properly I suppose. I'm not feeling great either, but I'm not a healer. And I don't think the resident healer likes me too much. :P Hopefully he'll like you better. She smiles warmly at the dwarf as she shakes his hand.

deathstroke50
2009-07-26, 12:06 AM
Garth smiles happily at the brown-covered dwarf.
It is good to meet another dwarf away from his home, though I'll admit I have not met many that can shapeshift.
With a heavy sigh he looks doubtfully at Raven. And I sadly agree with Persephone, hopefully our healer doesn't have any racial prejudices against shapeshifting dwarves.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-28, 05:44 PM
"Heh, hopefully. I'm afraid it's a fairly bad idea for me to continue as things stand, though; anyone up for fortifying the room for the night so we can rest up a might and possible do something about the weakness on the morrow?"

Lorien077
2009-07-28, 05:50 PM
Weeeeeell..... Persephone looks at the angered psion and the scowling elf. Is there a way to get outside from here? It might be safer. Speaking of here, where are we exactly?

Trodon
2009-07-29, 09:51 AM
ooc:Well I'm going to leave in a few hours to go camping well have to put the game on hold until then unless one of you have the game and want to continue it but I don't care sorry for putting the game on hold.

ooc: Well I'm back let the game resume.

Lorien077
2009-08-04, 06:40 PM
ooc: Nice to see you back Trodon. I'd post but Persephone is currently waiting for an answer.

Jack_Simth
2009-08-04, 07:06 PM
Nosony shrugs at the tall woman.

"We're just a little ways underground, under some crypts or other that were being used by some drow raiders. How much does it really matter, when it comes down to it, what name is given to the plot of land fifty feet up?"

Lorien077
2009-08-04, 09:28 PM
I'd prefer to rest outside, if you don't mind terribly. There might be a good sunny spot to relax in. She looks very pleased with that notion.

Jack_Simth
2009-08-07, 08:54 PM
Nosony furrows his brow

"But I like it underground - I always know where I am, and there's a lot fewer sight lines to gaurd against."

DJDizzy
2009-08-08, 12:57 AM
"Yeah, underground would be preferable, less routes of attacks" Jericho says as he tries to enter Psionic Focus

[roll0]

The Beholden
2009-08-08, 01:40 PM
If anyone does require help of a spiritual kind I will assist them if it is within my power. I am, after all, no monster.

Walking to a more open area within the cavern he sit crosslegged facing the group. Laying his red tipped and black shafted arrow across his lap sinks into a kind of trance or revire.

Tell me what ails you.

Lorien077
2009-08-08, 03:00 PM
Eh, to each there own. she shrugs and sits down. She then turns to Raven.
So does that mean you'll help me out then?

Jack_Simth
2009-08-08, 10:15 PM
Nosony replies to Raven
"I'm weak as a kitten, a bit stiff, and a bit ill. "

4 Str, 1 Dex, 1 Con drain

Worira
2009-08-09, 01:48 AM
Lloyd floats back into the room from the ceiling and settles into place a few inches above the floor.

The Beholden
2009-08-10, 07:42 PM
Turning towards the Nosony he pointedly ignores the dark elf.

That is extensive damage. I can do some shoty work tomorrow after I pray to my patron for Restoration spells. Even then I have not the proper materials to assure you I can completely fix it. I will try my hardest though.

(OOC: What time of day is it? Raven prays at dusk "When the Drow come to the surface to plunder, rape and kill". So depending on that is when I can properly fix the Druid.)

Lorien077
2009-08-11, 12:58 AM
Persephone sighs heavily, and gets up.
I dealt with enough of this crap from snotty priestesses, no need to hang around another homicidal healer. Well, Nosony, Lloyd, it was nice to meet you, but I'm going to go back out into the sunshine and fine something else to do.
She nods at both Nosony and Lloyd in turn. And then turns to Jericho.
And its a shame we couldn't get along Jericho, I've never really gotten a chance to talk with another psion. Oh well, good luck to you anyway.
Persephone then turns to her metal encased comrade, smiling wistfully.
Garth, if you wanna keep going I understand, we can meet up later if you'd like.

deathstroke50
2009-08-11, 01:19 AM
Garth sighs,
You know I can't do that Persephone, you're my charge and I can't leave you be. I would prefer that we stayed, I was hoping that perhaps I could bring the 'homicidal healer' as you put it to his senses - that creatures of a particular race aren't bad, they just need guidance. You are a, erm, somewhat shining example of that guidance, a drow brought to enjoy light and goodness. Every drow has that capacity, to damn them is to be a fool.

Lorien077
2009-08-11, 01:22 AM
That's nice of you Garth, but I'm pretty sure not all drow have that capacity. Some of them do tend to foam at the mouth, and most of them have no sense of humor. A lot like this guy in some ways actually. He's gotta be the most drow-like elf I've ever met! Ill intent: zero.

The Beholden
2009-08-11, 02:12 PM
I will heal Nosony as soon as possible and then take my own leave. The Dark Elf can stay if she wishes. This was obviously an error in the gods fortune.

Lorien077
2009-08-11, 09:36 PM
Persephone face-palms.
Look, Raven, I'm sorry, I got carried away. But having you just refuse to speak to me is frustrating at best. Can't we just talk this out, and at least temporarily get along? I don't expect you to heal me or anything like that, but these guys will need a cleric around.

DJDizzy
2009-08-12, 01:44 PM
"No-one's stopping you if you want to leave, but we could use your help, and there is nothing wrong with a drow" Jericho cut in.

Lorien077
2009-08-12, 03:24 PM
Persephone looks like she could hug Jericho about now, but after looking at his time worn visage decides he likely would not appreciate it.

deathstroke50
2009-08-12, 03:50 PM
Agreed! I would rather this group have better chances with a healer than try to navigate the underground without one. If Persephone's kindly existence is too much for your religious views, we shall leave, but I would prefer that we could work through this - show that not all drow are as dark as you paint them.