PDA

View Full Version : what's in a name? *spoilers*

shadzar
2009-05-06, 07:14 PM
So if this has been done before, then just ignore me, but was bored waiting for storm to pass today and found something to busy myself.

Within the very names holds the fate of the entire comic!

Haley Starshine = Elan says hither
*Well there you go, what her name means. Not Celestial, and Elan's happy ending DOES involve Haley. :elan: Come here girl!

Roy Greenhilt = Glory in three
*Third times a charm. Third time he will be raised form dead, third time he will defeat Xykon. He even says it himself on occasion!

Belkar Bitterleaf = Bleak fertile brat
*Yup Jenny got knocked up.

Durkon Thundershiled = Thor denied drunk lush
*What? Thor was told to leave the south and he's a dwarf!

Elan the Bard = He learnt bad
*You really want to argue with this one?

Vaarsuvius = ___
*Yup V is doomed. Name means nothing and neither will the character when Xykon completely destroys V.

Order of the Stick = Rich's footed trek
*This is the entire story, what more do you need here?

Daigo Daigo = I aid a Go god
*Daigo helps O'Chul right?

Oracle of Sunken Valley = Sneak volley of unclear
*Well his predictions are ambiguous.

Yeah well I said I was bored during the recent storm. :smalltongue:

GutlessWonder
2009-05-06, 07:19 PM
Heh, awesome

The Blackbird
2009-05-06, 07:53 PM
So if this has been done before, then just ignore me, but was bored waiting for storm to pass today and found something to busy myself.

Within the very names holds the fate of the entire comic!

Haley Starshine = Elan says hither
*Well there you go, what her name means. Not Celestial, and Elan's happy ending DOES involve Haley. :elan: Come here girl!

Roy Greenhilt = Glory in three
*Third times a charm. Third time he will be raised form dead, third time he will defeat Xykon. He even says it himself on occasion!

Belkar Bitterleaf = Bleak fertile brat
*Yup Jenny got knocked up.

Durkon Thundershiled = Thor denied drunk lush
*What? Thor was told to leave the south and he's a dwarf!

Elan the Bard = He learnt bad
*You really want to argue with this one?

Vaarsuvius = ___
*Yup V is doomed. Name means nothing and neither will the character when Xykon completely destroys V.

Order of the Stick = Rich's footed trek
*This is the entire story, what more do you need here?

Yeah well I said I was bored during the recent storm. :smalltongue:

Best...name related thingy...ever. Of the day at least.

shadzar
2009-05-06, 08:03 PM
Best...name related thingy...ever. Of the day at least.

They are anagrams of the names in case you wonder what to call the "name related thingy". :smallcool:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-06, 08:14 PM
Also:

Xykon... Nox Ky? Terrible misspelling of Nix Coi...meaning that he will attempt to kill all the world's fish, but fail.

Redcloak... Reak Clod. He spells like hes stupid...following Xykon to the end maybe?

Monster in the Darkness: Dork Nessie Stream Nnth? Hes a stupid version of the loch ness monster with his own stream. He also happens to be the N^2th version.

Just my two golden drachmas...

Pyron
2009-05-06, 08:27 PM
:vaarsuvius: = Viva Saurus

Meaning good will to giant reptiles. Wait that doesn't work...

Alternatively, if you translate 'viva' to Latin you get animus which means hostile attitude towards giant reptile. It's a stretch but that fits. :smallsmile:

shadzar
2009-05-06, 09:08 PM

Alternatively, if you translate 'viva' to Latin you get animus which means hostile attitude towards giant reptile. It's a stretch but that fits. :smallsmile:

:smalleek:

Was going for all English words, but ok, that would just mean the theory about MitD being a Tarrasque then would have V killing it rather shortly.

But Viva also is used to mean life. Viva Le Revolucion! So Living Lizard for V, and currently V shapechanges into a dragon, and the hag long ago turned V into a lizard.

Maybe once V turns into dragon-form in the next strip we will hear Xykon say:

:xykon: Here lee-zard lee-zard lee-zard!

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-06, 09:14 PM

Ha! That actually works well with the dragon and familicide.

Rowsen
2009-05-06, 11:20 PM
That's pretty clever! I like it :biggrin:

shadzar
2009-05-07, 04:56 PM
New one with presumption on my part. 2 spoilers in one name!
Daigo Daigo = I aid a Go god
*Daigo helps O'Chul right?

So many things can be answered right there. Daigo's last name, O'Chul's real self, or his real power as a strategist; or at least a darn good Go player! So far we have gotten D, then Da for Daigo's last name, so I just figured wwhy not take a stab at them being the same.

Linkavitch
2009-05-07, 05:02 PM
That is so completely random...

you win...something. What's the traditional thing to award someone with when they make something this awesome?

shadzar
2009-05-07, 05:49 PM
Some people give cookies, and others claim someone has won "the internetz". :smallconfused:

shadzar
2009-05-08, 09:28 PM
Oracle of Sunken Valley = Sneak volley of unclear
*Well his predictions are ambiguous.

I am having trouble locating names for every character, so anyone wanting to give me a name I will send it through the prediction-a-lizer and see what turns up.

Cúchulainn
2009-05-08, 09:41 PM
This needs a sticky.

liooil2000
2009-05-08, 10:37 PM
This is so cool! I can't believe that the names are coded!

EndlessWrath
2009-05-08, 10:44 PM
I do give you props my friend, i do like your idea, dunno how accurate it is on some, cause.. well... I'm not the giant, but I do like it and think its A+ material Kudos :smallbiggrin:

Lunawarrior0
2009-05-08, 11:38 PM
This is so cool! I can't believe that the names are coded!

I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not, I hope so, because this is just random. they happen to fit in the same way that people will find secret codes in the bible, they weren't pre-planed, they just happened. (and before someone decides to try to burn me on the codes in the bible not being pre-planed, you can do the same thing with Moby ****.(silly censors, you know what I mean, big whale, old book))

Thrar
2009-05-09, 04:12 AM
As you yourself pointed out:

Have a
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:FWsC0EjSUYMP6M:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg/800px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

Funny things you found there - hazards. :P